MoonLight, Deepest Night, Within the Glade a Maiden Dances

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

The bard sees the demon standing over the obviously dead female, and his eyes blaze with blue fury. "That should be obvious!
Dance with death, fould demon!!" He yells, then lets out a high, ullulating cry, and leaps toward the demon, blades flashing in the afternoon sun. He sings an ancient drow battle-anthem, and explodes into his dervish dance for the second time in the day.

<This is going to take a lot out of me,> he thinks, spinning like a deadly top toward the horned monstrosity. A half-mad gleam lights his eyes, as he sings out the demon's death-knell, sabers whirling and slashing in a deadly blur of steel at the huge creature.
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Elwyn Looks to you and answers in calm voice. "Just completing a contract, why do you interfere?"

Lothir Words might not be enough for you, points an empty clawed habd at you. "Ingate" A pluse of magic strikes at your blages seeking to weild them to molten metal with use of Dark Fire.

OOC: A battle joined *G*
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

Elwyn cursed, and commanded his puppet to pull Lothir out of the area of the devil's spell. Unfortunately, the drow's rapiers, being only ordinary, if finely crafted, melted in his hands, that got another series of curses and epitaphs. Meanwhile he stepped forward, "Far be it from me to disrupt such an obvious gentleman from conducting obviously lawful business, I must ask, one kind soul to another, what is it you are exactly doing to that poor woman?"
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

OOC: Hey, El, was that your puppet's rapiers melting? Cause the bard's sabers are enchanted. (+3 Defending(Honor) and Swiftness(Valor), both Shifting)

IC: He feels himself being yanked back from behind, and almost moves to attack whoever grabbed him, but he sees the puppet, and moves back into close quarters with the demon the moment the spell has faded, without breaking from his war-song. Feet spin, pivot, kick and slide in a dizzying pattern, with the blades following along in their own weaving, flashing blur of motion.

He begins to weave a spell directly into the song without ever stopping his battle-dance, (OOC: Lyric Spell) and a soft silver glow envelops him, granting a bit of the Dark Maiden's grace and protection.

NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

OOC: Well, by the forum rules, I can't affect any of other people's stuff, so only drow I have is the puppet... Oh btw, Elwyn's lightning bolts ignore resistance and immunity only gives half damage :).

IC: Elwyn smacked himself on the forehead, gods above, what was that drow thinking? Just then he realized something, that as a devil, he has immunity to all of Elwyn's poisons. With a curse, he dismissed the halfling puppet, and reached into his pack to put away the scroll, and briefly considered the idea of summoning his special puppet. He shook his head, 'No need to get hasty now.' He thought. Back to the matter at hand, Elwyn stepped forward, his puppet mimicked him, and clapped his hands together. When he pulled them apart, a fine wire was stretched between his fingers. He spread his hands apart even further, and the wire came loose, hanging in the air around him.
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

OOC: You also should not have posted a reply to other players attacks. The puppet stood still.

IC:

Looks to Elwyn "My dear sir she promised me her heart and I now have it. If you would keep your companion away from me I would explain more fully" as his attention turns again to

Lothir. A kick followed though might be effective if not the claw reaching to grab a hold your leg, the blades that follow should they strike at all appear to do no damage. The red eyes glare at you. "Do you want to listen, or do you want to die?"
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

OOC: My puppet moved to respond to your effect, not Lothir's attack....

IC: Elwyn coughed, "I think she meant that in a rhetorical manner. But my only concern in this matter is the [i:1g6bialb]way[/i:1g6bialb] that heart was taken." He stepped forward, "Was she actually using it prior to removal?"

Zyeke
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

OOC: What type devil is he? Just curious for combat purposes. I does make a difference, lol! Also, he doesn't actually use feet to attack, the "kicks" are just part of the battle-dance. It's kind of like watching a cross between an Arabian sword-dance, a Russian ballet, and a number from Riverdance, all mixed together, using a pair of swords. Think acrobatic drow blender set to "puree"!!

IC: The bard realizes his attacks seem to have little effect, so he goes into a more defensive stance, glacial blue eyes narrowed in barely controlled rage. He pauses from the song, whipping his head about to look at Elwyn.

"It hardly matters, does it? This creature is a blight upon the mortal realm, a thing of evil! For that alone, he should be sent back to whatever hell spawned him!" he snarls out.

Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

OOC: Balor is close enough *Wink*, not sure if I need the wings though. Demons are varied if one looks to older rules as to appearance and sometime abilities vary.
As to kick attack as distraction, should the leg have come within claw reach, there clearly was a chance to catch it.

IC:

Elwyn glances to you "I am using it much more then she did this last 200 years. At least your minion seems to be at least willing to talk before he kills me."

Lothir "But what is Evil? Intruding on a wedding with blades because you do not like the way the bridegroom looks? Watches you more for now then
Elwyn.
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

OOC: Granted with trying to grab with claws, but it's not really for attack or distraction, just how he moves- it's part of the "Dervish" special ability. (Five-foot move between each weapon attack, provokes AOO unless he uses a tumble check or feat to avoid it- which is what all the leaping, kicking, etc. is about) Balor? Coolio! Don't know why I said devil before- brain fart- my bad!! :p

IC: He looks down at the dead woman, and growls back at the demon. "Do not spout your filthy lies to me, demon! This is no wedding, murderer- unless the wedding in question was for a pair of spiders, in which case, it would be the bride slaughtering the groom! And I am NO ONE'S minion."

OOC: Okay, a little over-the-top, maybe, but he REALLY hates lower planar beings.... :roll: ;)

NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Elwyn shook his head, "I suppose you may call it my misguided sense of justice, that or the fact that my trade requires that which the demon does. Although my specimens are usually dead a while before I... operate." Elwyn only steps forward, "But justice takes second place to comradery, I will fight with this drow against you if you persist in attack." His drow puppet steps forward, the wires streaming from its fingers, "So I suggest you retreat, you are outnumbered a dozen to one."

Zyeke
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

"Justice, look at this contract" Holds a scroll out toward you both. "I do not lie to you in this matter, she was wife until death departed us. She the spider kisser, broke the contract - not I. Youngest Matron of a House in centuries, but she betrayed the pledge. Not I. Read the contract and know what she tried to do to me before your companions and minions die."

Nods in acknowledgment to Lothir "Companion you are, the others appear to be minions."
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

The bard brings one blade up in semblance of a rude gesture. "What do I care for your contract? More fool she for thinking to make such deals with the likes of you, and even more foolish for trying to break it! It changes nothing!"

He pauses a moment to see what the demon intends to do before he resumes his attack. He glances briefly over at Elwyn. "As comrades then? Well said, good sir."

OOC: A little over-zealous he might be, but not stupid, especially when it comes to dealing with otherworldly beings, ;)

NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Elwyn shrugged, "These are more puppets than minions." He commanded the drow puppet to return to his side, and the wires retracted back into its hands. He waved at Lothir, "I never was good with contracts, you read it."

Zyeke
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

OOC: LOL

IC: Seeing the two for now do not contest or distract, takes the hreat held in claw and presses to chest. The heart appears to melt into the Demon;s body. "The wedding is complete, her heart to my heart."

Glances to the two of you, "The contract is completed. Now of course if neither of you wish to read it or just attack me without cause so be it. Her soul is at as much rest that Lolth will give her, her heart however will live as long as I do."