MoonLight, Deepest Night, Within the Glade a Maiden Dances

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

Elwyn smiled, "Very interesting, I don't have anything like that, but my puppets suffice for myself." He straightened, "Very well, perhaps we should wrap this up? I'm awake now." He bowed and coming up to Lothir, shook his hand, "We should try this when we don't have to hold back anymore some time, eh?" Gurguch plodded up to him, and Elwyn put on his large gourd, "Ah well then, come then, I am a stranger to these parts. Have you been in any of these parts?"
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

"Not really. I just sort of wandered in myself. I've only seen the library so far, and it's- infested, is really the only word." He shrugs.
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

"Hmm, infested with what, and the library might hold what I need, could you take me there?" Elwyn waved Gurguch over, and hopped onto a harness on the golem's back, "Lead on."
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

His jaw drops as the human so casually talks about going into the ruins. After the last trip in, the bard isn't sure he wants to go back- though admittedly, the wealth of knowledge is tempting.

"Infernal beings," he replies. "Are you sure your- puppet- can handle that?" He arches a brow at the cocky man. "Suit yourself then. I should probably warn you, there's a pit fiend about who's not overly happy with me at the moment. It might be because I insulted him and tore apart his minions. But that's just a guess."

He leads Elwyn back through the ruins toward the huge once grand library with its crystal doors, cautiously opening them while softly singing a tune to protect himself from harm.

NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Ewlyn shrugged, "I think that between the fourteen of us, fiends are not much of a trouble." When they were in the library, Elwyn looked around, eyes glazed, like a child brought into the world's largest candy store. "Amazing, this place will almost certainly hold the recipe I seek."

Zyeke
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

He raises one brow in curiosity. "Recipe? You cook, too?" he smirks, with a twinkle of amusement in his eyes. "You ARE a man of many talents!" he snickers at the joke. He, too, is once more enchanted by so much knowledge lying around, begging to be learned. He picks up several books at random, being careful to check for dangerous magical traps on them, and moves to a table to open one. He pulls out a stack of blank sheafs of parchment, and sings a little spell to copy the first book onto them.

When Elwyn looks at him in puzzlement, he just shrugs. "I was told not to remove any of the tomes, so I'm going to copy them for later," he says, smiling. "And perhaps I might find some 'recipes' of my own- song recipes, that is!" he says jovially.

NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Elwyn chuckled, "If you eat my broths, I assure you, it will be your last on this plane. I mean the recipe for a special poison that the elves have found... and subsequently lost, due to the invading hordes of demons, devils, drow, phaerimm, and other worse things." He smiled at Lothir, "And yes, I have done my homework on this place."

Zyeke
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

He wrinkles his nose at the mention of homework. Not something he ever want's to be reminded of again- especially considering what happened between him and his magic tutor...

He spends the next few hours happily copying over as many of the tomes as possible, until he finally runs out of both spells and parchment. Eventually, he yawns, and realizes he's tired and hungry.

"I think I'll go out and hunt something for lunch," he says. "Care to join me? Or are you still looking for that poison recipe of yours? It might go faster if I knew what you were looking for- I've a bit of alchemy lore myself, and might be able to help."

He heads for the doors to go find a rabbit or something in the woods.

NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Elwyn reverently put down a large tome he was reading, "No, not yet.... the elves were skilled mages and alchemists, so I hardly expected to discover what I need so readily... and there is also something very disturbing to me." He passed his hand over the book shelves, "Some books that I have heard of are not here. And from the lore, this library contains every book an elf ever penned." He stood up and stretched, "If you do not mind, I would enjoy the exercise." He followed Lothir out of the library.

Zyeke
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Lothir nodded as the human followed him out. "Hmm, that might have something to do with the pit fiend I encountered. He threw some nasty black fire around, and some of the books were destroyed, unfortunately. Then again, the one you want might have been removed by someone."

He slips quietly into the forest, still on edge, wondering why he has seen no sign of any lower planar creatures, undead, phaerim, or anything else, for that matter. The forest seems too quiet to his cautious senses, too- dead is the word, he thinks.

"Have you noticed how silent it is here?" He asks in a low voice. "Don't you find that a bit- disturbing?" He continues on, hoping to find some small game, for his belly is rumbling, as it's been hours since he last ate.

NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Elwyn looks around, suddenly cautious, "No, I thought it was normal on the hunt." He looked around again, and reached under his cloak, pulling out two scrolls. In a fluid motion he unrolled them on the ground, and out of them appeared a drow and a halfling, each dressed in the same dark cloak as Elwyn, "Well, I believe that we are well prepared for now, should anything jump out of the shadows."

Zyeke
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Suddenly the young drow goes on alert. "Funny you should mention that...." he whispers, staring straight ahead into the foliage, slowly drawing the twin daggers from his boots. He whispers the command to shift them to their saber form, and cautiously edges toward the source of the movement he is sure he saw....

OOC: Thought we could have a little fun with some demons or something- go nuts with it!!

NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

OOC: Lol, all right then.

Elwyn puts a hand on Lothir's shoulder, and smiles mischievously. He steps back, and sparks jumped out on his fingertips. Suddenly the drow exploded in motion forward, closing the distance to the spot Lothir moved towards, rapiers gleaming in his hands.

Zyeke
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

OOC: A demon you want?

IC: The horned figure stands in a clearing over the body of a Drow female. As you arrive you see its claws pulling something from the chest of the female. With a red glen in eyes, raises the organ to the shy*
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

OOC: We are in the ruins of Myth Drannor... lol

IC: Elwyn just glimpsed something as the drow and halfling puppets surrounded the demon, Elwyn steps into view, Gurguch standing behind him, "Halt. What are you doing?"

Zyeke