MoonLight, Deepest Night, Within the Glade a Maiden Dances

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

The bard sat eyeing the multitude of demons roaming about warily, feeling like a cat in a room full of rocking chairs. Twitchy. He wondered if there would even be time for the Travelling Song if any of them decided to attack. He sipped the wine carefully, painfully aware that it could be poisoned, or even just too strong for a mortal's constitution, which amounted to the same thing.

<Can't believe I agreed to this. I must be out of my mind. And over some spider-kissing dead Matron, at that. Goddess, what was I thinking?! Here I go, letting my curiosity and sense of justice overrule my instincts- AGAIN.>
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

Elwyn glances at his friend, "Ah, come Lothir, relax, enjoy yourself." He chuckled, "How many can say they have dined with a devil, and live to tell the tale?"
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

"Ix-nay on the evil-day comments, El. These are DEMONS- whole different animal, you know. I'd hate for you to get eaten or disembowled on a technicality." He replies in a warning tone. "Besides, if you spent most of YOUR life in a place where everyone practically WORSHIPS these 'gentlemen' or whatever they wish to be called, YOU might be a little jumpy too!"

He lets out a heavy sigh, and looks to their host, or whatever he is, and back at the "bride", wondering what had possessed the woman to make such a deal in the first place. The never-ending quest for power, most likely, unless she was just too dumb or too insane to know better- probably both, he suspects. "So, uh- I'm sorry, what should I call you, sir? When is this wedding? Not to rush things, but we should probably be getting home before long. There's a young lady I'd like to see later..."

Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

OOC: I was a little disappointed in lack of replies to answers given, however will work with what I have seen.

IC:

Lothir looks to you as you hesitate over the wine. "Drink and enjoy it is from Waterdeep" answering Elwyn's question as to source of the wine as well.

Elwyn looks to you, "You call me a devil?" *eyes flame out a burst of fire. Controlling himself mutters to self "They are guests" Though living to tell the tale clearly is not certain.

Lothir's comment provides a distraction and he turns to you with a smile, the eyes calm now (or at least as calm as a demon's eyes can be) and replies to your question. "You may address me as Groom for safety sake of course. Oh the wedding has occurred already you are at the reception following it. My best man is to make a toast soon to our eternal bliss, you as attendant will aid my wife to be ready for the dance.'

Glances to Elwyn " I will advise you, that you were a replacement selection and Baltontar might take exception to you giving the toast. There again you wanted an adventure."

Lothir turns to you, the wiser of the two in his view. "Your duty of course first will be to wake her enough for the first dance. You and the fool with you will be expected to be the next to join the dance floor. Those two" Points to some very human looking females "shall be your dance partners" The two pointed out appear very subducted and smiles warmly to their dance partners.
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

He considers briefly. "Ah, I see. And how am I supposed to wake her? I've heard of sleeping beauties, but this is a little beyond the stories I've read, I'm afraid. And, er- the wine is very good, thank you."

He eyes the two women the "Groom" pointed out, wondering if they are damned souls, or just slaves brought for the occasion. For that matter, are they even truly human, or some sort of demon? Succubi, perhaps? He's dealt with shapeshifters before, and shudders at the memory. Being raked near to death by a harpy, or nearly eaten for dinner as a child by an aranea are NOT among his fondest memories....

"Well, at least they look lively enough. Good thing I'm a good dancer, though I'll admit I've never danced in a room full of demons before. Should prove- interesting..."

NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Elwyn smiled, "Such frivolities are frowned upon in my village, and I have not the patience for dancing or music, but I suppose that as a means of recompense for earlier mistakes, I must try to do something." He stood up, raising his glass of wine, "To the erm, eternal peace and long fortune between the two of you newly weds. I wish you all the blessings Asmodeus bestows upon you."
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Lothir tries not to choke on his wine as he holds back a laugh that might otherwise offend their host. "Pardon, that didn't quite go down right," he mutters, then stands and moves over to one ofthe females the demon host pointed out.

NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Elwyn nodded, and downing his wine in one big gulp, set the glass gently on the table. With a last nod to his host, he turned to join the other shapely demoness, and offered his hand with a courtier's bow, "Milady." He said calmly.

Zyeke