MoonLight, Deepest Night, Within the Glade a Maiden Dances

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Lizarus Alkaven
Maid
Maid

Post by Lizarus Alkaven »

"My name is Lizarus, and it seems I'm the only thief around here!" he said. There really wasn't a good population of thieves here anytime. "Anyway, I doubt I can, but I'm bored. Can I help?" he asked. He hadn't chosen a good stealing spot yet. "And I promise I won't steal anything... Within 200 feet of you." he grinned widely.
Image Click.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

"If by 200 hundred feet you mean the entire tower, then we are in agreement." Zazzt stood up, and smile a glint in his eye, "What do you say about a short jaunt into the wonders of Myth Drannor?"
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Lizarus Alkaven
Maid
Maid

"If it is more than this, OK." he replied sarcastically. He did hear about the danger that awaited from the pit fiends, but it was only a short jaunt. No harm would come to him. "Wait, is there any danger inside?" he asked suspiciously. He told Lizarus of the pit fiends, there could be traps further in.
Image Click.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

"Erm, well define danger, I mean the city was overrun by armies of devils, then the drow came up from the Underdark... how I got to be here actually. But I think that you can handle a few of each," He threw on his cloak again, "Oh, and there are a few undead, zombies and skeletons mostly. Ah come, what is it with you aventurelings, no sense of adventure, live a little." And he walked over to an alcove, and tapped it with a ring on his hand, the wall slowly vanished, showing a setting sun, and a paved street, over grown with vegitation. There was also another tree like Zazzt's, but its door was ripped open, but it seemed empty. "Come," Zazzt said, and stepped outside, "See, it's perfectly safe." Just as he said that, a dark hand swooped down, and caught him by the head. An instant later, he was jerked upward, and out of sight.
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Lizarus Alkaven
Maid
Maid

"Dark hands pulling people into doors isn't esactly what I call safe." he said silently. "But oh well. CHARGE!" and he ran in. He thought he should be pulled in by the hand, but too late now. He already rammed in.
Image Click.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Zazzt calmly walked in after him, and pointed upwards, and a small desiccated humanoid fell to the ground. "Hmm, aren't illusions useful?" He looked at it with sadness, "You see what the drow did to this poor halfling, pity..." And he walked past
Lizarus, "What sort of theif yells charge?"

Zyeke
Lizarus Alkaven
Maid
Maid

"The type who isn't thieving at the moment." of course, using his usual grin, he said. "Also, poor halfling, but you shouldn't have business with drow you don't know in the first place!" he stated. Drow are dangerous. "Either way, this place makes me excited. And jumpy. Mostly jumpy." he laughed.
Image Click.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

"Aye, that it should... that it should-well, lets carry on, I suppose." Zazzt waved his hand over the door, and it closed shut, the wards reset, "Now then, after that small distraction, where to, would you like to see the Coronal's Palace? Or perhaps Mystra's abandoned temple. Or this..." Zazzt pointed a strange looking building, made to look as though it was a dragon curled around a large egg. Even at their impressive distance, the building looked formidable, "The largest Elven library to date, mostly unpillaged, except by yours truly. I think there are some books even you might find useful."

Zyeke
Lizarus Alkaven
Maid
Maid

"Books. Wizards always buy books." he mumbled. "Thats why I want 'em. To be a great merchant on the surface." he said. Everyone wanted anything they thought looked nice. "Either way, there is probably nothing to help me learn anything." he said gloomily. "But oh well, at least it will be a good sell."
Image Click.
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

May i join? 'M a bit new here.

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

The young drow steps caustiously into the forest, his blue eyes taking on the glow of dark vision as he steps from moonlight into deep shadow. He has wandered far, his homeland long ago abandoned. Lothir, the only son of First House of Argonia- a far off land of islands few have ever seen and lived- pulls his cloak tighter around him, and considers drawing his blades from their sheaths hidden within his boots.
He hears sounds of someone speaking in the distance, not far, but he is cautious. Surface dwellers can be so predjudiced, he thinks, remembering the last town he tried to enter, where he was unceremoniously chased out by a man with a cross-bow, bolts firing into the ground at his heels as he fled. He is hungry, tired, and lonely. His only friend is the ebon-wood lute he carries.
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Lizarus Alkaven
Maid
Maid

As he was walking, he saw a figure in the distance. Usually not many were out in the night, so he started to call. "Hey! Over there, your allowed to take your cloak off." he called, sounding annoyed. "Do you want a guide 'round this place?" he asked. Even though he wouldn't really give one.
Image Click.
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

He pauses, cautiously assessing if the human he sees is a threat or not. He watches for a moment, then slowly steps toward the two strangers.
"Perhaps, though I've no coin to offer. Who are you, human?" he asks in common, though it is heavily accented. He lowers his hood, revealing a youthful face with long white mane pulled back with a blue silken ribbon, and a friendly but cautious demeanor.
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Lizarus Alkaven
Maid
Maid

"Well, I am Lizarus. Probably the only thief arouind here..." he mumbled. He went off again, he had a habit of doing that. "...Anyway,ask one of the other drow around here, they will probably give you a tour." he said. At least he could point him away. "If you don't mind, I am going somewhere with... Whats-his-name, here. So, goodbye." he told the drow. He was out of the way, that is what counted.
Image Click.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

"Ah, the young are so impatient," Zazz sighed, "I would be whats-his-name, Zazzt De'Virdeen, at your service." He bowed, the gesture hiding the true seeing spell he cast, he breathed a little easier after it turned out that the drow before him was acutally a drow. "Tis dangerous to wander about these parts alone you know. Come with us. Perhaps you might benfit from this journey..." With that he waved at Lizarus and headed off towards that building again.

Zyeke
Lizarus Alkaven
Maid
Maid

"At least we are a little safer with him..." he said. He was used to working alone, as was the thieving custom. "Just make sure I don't spy his pocket." he joked. Even though he would take from it.
Image Click.