A long lost Maiden

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Gboy
Maid
Maid

Post by Gboy »

"As always Zelena." Eleak witnessed what she had done, and it had changed his views on whether or not she was the assassin who killed his friends. Their kills were through the heart, not the neck, and every assassin had his- or her- own style. "That was rather impressive there. However, now we will have alerted them if we do not act quickly. What do we need to do now?" Eleak's ice blue eyes glinted in the night, seeming to draw light for themselves, and shining it in front of his face. He was ready to do anything. But something in the back of his mind whispered back to him:

[i:2nvcqmnf]Come to me...wield me...kill with me...[/i:2nvcqmnf]

Eleak's eye widened as he recognized it as the voice of the sword. The sword still had contact with him? This was not good. He shook it out of his mind, and waited for Zelena to say what do do next.
Zelena Nichole
Maid
Maid

Post by Zelena Nichole »

~ Zelena was crouched upon a branch as she signed Eleak. She hoped to Eilistraee that he could read the old Drow signs. Moving her body towards Eleak she signed to him.

"[i:16zjjtb9] No it is fine. The priestess did not alert anyone for she thought she could handle anything. The trip wire was not a wide range..however you are right..we must move fast[/i:16zjjtb9]."

With that Zelena turned around, and slowly withdrew three more daggers. Holding then with in her hands, She moved her hand forward, telling Eleak to move that way and dispatch the scout, she had seen.
Being Half Human and Half Drow, Noone in the UnderDark Expected anything from her. That of course.....was their mistake.

Tluin Kitrye Rivvil lu' Kitrye Ilythiiri, Non wun har'oloth Expected jalbol dal ilta. Nindel d' heen.......zhahus ninta duanda.
Gboy
Maid
Maid

Post by Gboy »

Smiling- though it was invisible in the black of night- Eleak replied in sign, careful to make each signal proper. It had been a while since he had used it, and was not too strong in it.

[i:n86ks7iu]Good. Not to alert is very good. I will take care of that man. Worry no.[/i:n86ks7iu]

He knew that this would be hard to understand, but he knew Zelena would get the message. He was not that skilled in it, having not used it for near 100 years, but still, he knew the art. Slinking over to where the lone scout was, he pulled out his sword, and gripped it in both hands. This was his favourite hunting maneuver. He undid his dagger from his knuckles, and dropped it to the ground, quickly following it with his sword pointing downward. The dagger reached the ground before he did, alerting the scout, and making him looked upwards, about to cry out, only to recieve all of Eleak's blade straight down his throat. With the vocal cords severed, he was unable to alert anyone else, and Eleak quickly picked up his other dagger, slung the man on his back, and brought him into the treetops with him. It was too risky to leave it there, in plain sight. Let them find him in the morning, up in a tree.

He returned to Zelena, choosing to whipser silently as oppose to sending the wrong message across, "We have to finish this quick now. At least before the sun rises. If not...they will know we are here. And they have the numbers." Eleak removed the body from his back, and propped him up against the trunk of the tree, so that it would not fall. Looking back to Zelena, he asked, "Now what?"
Zelena Nichole
Maid
Maid

Post by Zelena Nichole »

Breathing deeply, Zelena merely opened her palms before Eleak. With a whisper a few tiny lights began to sparkle and then a small platform formed. The lights began to flicker as well as Zelena observed then.

" The party" She said in a small whisper " consists with about five melee warriors, two priestess and one master of melee. I'm not sure what kind of party this is, but I'm positive that we will defeat this. I will take care of the priestesses. You be careful. Go one hundred paces forward, while I go behind. When a blast of fire consumes the first priestess, attack. If you fall from the trees, that is fine. We no longer need to conceal ourselves. " She leaned forward and kissed Eleak upon the cheek. " Be careful"

Smiling she moved with the grace of a cat as her legs stretched and ran across the tree tops.
Being Half Human and Half Drow, Noone in the UnderDark Expected anything from her. That of course.....was their mistake.

Tluin Kitrye Rivvil lu' Kitrye Ilythiiri, Non wun har'oloth Expected jalbol dal ilta. Nindel d' heen.......zhahus ninta duanda.
Gboy
Maid
Maid

Post by Gboy »

Eleak had to squint to see in the sudden light, magical or not, and took a while to get accustumed to it. After that however, he was able to concentrate on what Zelena was saying and doing, and the instructions he was being given. This was going to be tricky, with the brunt of it not falling on him, even though he faced six. Drow priestesses were not to be taken lightly, and it would be difficult on Zelena's part to control both of them. It was true that they would most likely concentrate on Eleak, since he was in front of them, but he would not be able to protect Zelena if she was discovered by another party. Eleak was deep in thought, when suddenly, he felt a kiss on his cheek. Stunned, he could only move his eyes to see Zelena withdrawing, and givinghim a warning. "Zelena...you too. I will see you after this, and we will do this. Together."

Eleak dropped from the trees. While they brought back memories of his childhood, especially good ones, but he was much more comfortable with two feet on solid ground. His sword was humming- Eleak knew what it wanted. And now...there would be no stopping it. Who needs that old sword that they found with the wizard? It was evil anyways. Eleak had his sword, which always guided him through a fight. Walking forward, in his mind, Eleak began, [i:1mkyf7pl]One, two, three, four...[/i:1mkyf7pl]
Zelena Nichole
Maid
Maid

Post by Zelena Nichole »

~ Breathing deeply Zelena moved into position. It took her only ten minutes to move across the forest undetected to the rear. She stood upon the highest branch that would support her weight and wrapped her cloak around her. Watching the camp from the treetop Zelena slowly began to infuse the spells she would need with in her mind. Moving several of them to thought triggers, she used the rest as arcane symbols. Raising her hands she began an intricate amount of hand movements. The spell she needed that would both bring death and confusion was one of her strongest spells and required a massive about of thought and energy. However Zelena was still no novice our of the Court Wizards, and she had learnt many things upon her wanderers. Standing upon the branch, Zelena screamed out the last variable, for the spell would only be as strong as the scream of her voice.

There was a rumble with in the sky as the ground beneath the two priestess erupted and flames spread across the forest ground. With in seconds, thunder jetted from the sky to strike down upon the two woman as well. emitting powerful shocking elements as well as bounding the nearest beings deaf from the sound of the strikes. The flames consumed all, but those who were smart enough to duck would survive, for the heat was a layer that moved over the ground at a 4 foot height. Smelling the touch of burnt skin, Zelena moved across the tree tops her eyes watch. A glint of magic touched her peripheral vision as she jerked her body from the branch. A light bolt destroyed the branch she was previously on. A priestess had survived. Landing upon the ground, Zelena withdrew her song sword with one fluid motion as well as three daggers she kept hidden between her cloak and her rear. Moving in a defensive form Zelena felt magic being cast again. Whispering quickly her sword blazed with a blue aura as she used it to deflect that bolt.

Grumbling Zelena slammed her sword upon the ground and whispered a quick word.

As Zelena summoned her magic, three fighters appeared from the shadows, and as she felt another nudge of magic being summoned Zelena screamed for Eleak. " Now!" Upon finishing her spell, lighting struck from the sky and hit her sword, emitting a shine that would blind all those who stared at her. The light pieced that of the eyes of the fighters around her. With in seconds Zelena leaped forward, her sword with in her hand. "Ten seconds is all we have." In a single bound she was strikingly upon the priestess..." So close..."

Gboy
Maid
Maid

Post by Gboy »

((OOC: Sorry I haven't posted in such a long time. Was really busy))

IC:

[i:fp10tnid]...ninety eight, ninety nine, one hundred.[/i:fp10tnid] Eleak thought to himself, as he stopped moving and observed the area which he was in. He had a clear view to the camp, but it would be very difficult to see him. He watched intently, waiting for the signal. It seemed like a very long time which he waited there. He took the chance to observe the people that he would be fighting. The five meleeists didn't look too difficult, but the one he assumed to be the'master of melee'...he held his sword like he knew what he was doing. That could be somewhat dangerous. He would be better off to eliminate the others than to try and defeat the master of melee first. Let's just hope it was that easy.

Suddenly, he heard a cry in the night. It was Zelena's voice. Was she already caught? Or was this part of the plan? Eleak gave a small curse, and waited still. If nothing happened in ten seconds, he was going in. However, as though on target, the priestesses erupted in flames, and a few of the soldiers did as well. This would be easier than he thought, with two of the soliders now gone. Eleak began running, sword at his side, towards Zelena. When the burst of light went off, Eleak, stumbled, and could barely see, but he kept going. [i:fp10tnid]Don't see the enemy. Feel the enemy. Feel the disturbance. Feel their demise.[/i:fp10tnid] Eleak remembered an old teacher he had that told him that. Eleak closed his eyes, and use his keen ears. He could hear them, and he knew what to do. Two went down with the first stroke, not proving much challenge, but the third, Eleak felt his sword glance off of another one. This must be the master that was to be difficult. Eleak burned inside, wanting to open his eyes, but the light would blind him, and he would be vulnerable. He had to use his ears. And with surprising accuracy, he could hear the masters blade cutting through the air, and catching Eleak in the shoulder. Eleak let out a grunt of pain, and feeling his sword almost drop, switched hands with it. He was glad that his teacher had taught him how to fight with both hands. Now it was paying off. This time, it was Eleaks turn to strike, weaving through the mans defenses, and getting a slice at his leg. Bouncing back and forth, parrying and attacking, the two fought on, making their fight to the death seem like a formal dance. The two were rather equally matched, and this was with Eleak fighting with his wrong hand. The fight went on for what seemed like years, when finally, Eleak slipped, and though it was the end of him, but where he could hear his foe was, he heard a gurgling sound, as his sword contacted something. THen, he heard a slump to the side of him, and finally gave in to opening his eyes.

The light around Zelena was still shining. Eleak was face to face with a drow, who lay dying opposite him. He looked into the mans eyes, and heard a faint whisper from the mans lips. "You fight well... you would do great serving Lolth. Join us..." And with that, the melee masters eyes took on the lifeless tone that all do. Eleak looked further down, to see a sword mark in the mans neck. Luck did play a role in fighting, no matter what anybody said. Eleak now hoped that Zelena could finish her job. And if she couldn't, if she would be humble enough to call for help.
Zelena Nichole
Maid
Maid

Post by Zelena Nichole »

~ The battle was fierce perhaps more fierce than she cold ever imagine. Her body twisted and turned as her blade slapped soundly against two others that were aiming for her soft tendons. Breathing deeply, Zelena thrust her footing backwards, then made a sharp turn, with that turn she whispered a quick word of magic, and a sharpened wind burst flowed from her sword, knocking and making little cuts upon the two drow fighters.

As she turned around a flame erupted around her body and it caused her pause. She started to feel her body burn rapidly but it was not fast enough. Zelena already held the counter spell upon her lips. Water drenched over her body dispelling the fire. Turning around she thrust a fireball outwards hoping it would catch one of the fighters. The fireball died instantly and with that Zelena was hit by a blast. Smacking against a tree Zelena groaned...." What in the world....A psionist? Within a search party? Why?" She said softly to herself and slowly fear began to reach into her mind. " Eleak" She said softly but it did not reach anywhere....the psionist held a lock upon her tongue. Struggling Zelena fell into darkness.

Gboy
Maid
Maid

Post by Gboy »

The light dimmed, and Eleak was thankful, able to look around and see everything through his eyes, not needing to only hear what was happening. Light had always messed with Eleak's vision, but he had learned when to shield his eyes, and when not to. Turning his head to where he had last heard Zelena, he saw nobody standing, but rather everyone down on the ground, and still no Zelena. Running forward, he caught a glimpse of tiny movement. He looked to see Zelena lying on the ground, and stop moving. He also saw a frail looking person, slowly walking towards Zelena. Eleak's ears heard faint laughter coming from the lone figure. Eleak decided to be still and blend; observe, even though impulse told him to rush to Zelena's side. Eleak could hear mumbling as the figure moved closer to Zelena, but he could make out no words. Rage began building in Eleak, and when the lone, frail survivor placed his hand on Zelena's forehead, Eleak could not hold it any longer. Deep inside his thoughts, he could hear a whispering:

[i:36snrrdj]"Doesn't that make you angry? You're an evil person Eleak. Time now to show this man what happens when you're angry."[/i:36snrrdj]

Thinking in his head, he whispered back to the sword:
"I don't need you. I can do this by myself."

[i:36snrrdj]"No you can't. Accept your darkness. And take the life of that who touches your own."[/i:36snrrdj]

"She's not mine, she's a free soul." Eleak whispered feebly in his mind. He was beginning to give in. And he could feel it. Not only was his mind changing, but he could see his body was as well. He was changing, he was becoming formless, only to reunite as a spectre. Completely black, and not coming back. His life was becoming less important, only the death of that other man. His sword fell to the ground, letting out a clang as it hit a stone on the ground. Eleak let out a huge cry as his life was taken, no longer under his control. He was only there to observe, not to control, and he felt his senses fading, someone else taking over.

The man looked up from where Zelena lay, only to see nothing just the black night. He turned back, and Eleak laughed on the inside. He would never see his death coming. Eleak floated along, making no sound. He was drawing nearer, and began to growl, almost tasting the kill. The man looked up again, straight at Eleak. Eleak watched the mans eyes glow, and then Eleak knew he was seen. It didn't matter to him though. He was fine. There was nothing the man could do to stop him. The man fired a bolt of lightning at Eleak, only to have it pass right through him, leaving a small hole where it struck him, only to have the hole seal itself up in mere moments. A bead of fire came out from the man's eyes, blowing up directly in front of Eleak, only to have Eleak walk right through the explosion. Now Eleak was angry. He had meant to give the man a quick death, but now it would be long, and painful. He ran towards the man, feeling the prey's fear. It gave him strength. In seconds, Eleak leaped and brought the man to the ground, pinning him where he lay. A guttural cry came from Eleak's - could they even be called his any more? - lips, and it pierced the night, along with the screams of the man before him. Eleak's head bent over, as Eleak could feel that idiot's life being drained. Eleak wanted to taste it, savour it. It was coming out slowly, and Eleak could see the pain in the mans eyes. But suddenly, the man shot out piercing beams of light from his eyes, and they hit Eleak. And those beams of light...they burned Eleak. Eleak put his hands around the man's neck, when a small bead came out from the man. Eleak let out a triumphunt shriek. This is what he'd been looking for. He grabbed the bead within his hands, and looked at the man, who lay on the ground, squirming in his place, reaching out feebly for the bead.

"Oh, you want this, do you?" Eleak asked the man. He then squeezed the bead, causing it to burst. At once the man stopped squirming, and Eleak's face too on a look of glee. "Too bad."

He then turned to Zelena, looking to the east as he walked. The sun was rising, and it looked to be a beautiful sunrise. Suddenly an ear splitting cry came within Eleak's head, and Eleak lost all of his grace, tripping to the ground, face down in the mud. The light came up just over the horizon, and Eleak screamed, as he could feel his body burning. But he could also feel the same change that happened a mere minute before. His body changed back, to what it was before, and his final thoughts he could hear were that same charismatic voice that had whispered to him before, saying:

[i:36snrrdj]There there. Now wasn't that fun?[/i:36snrrdj]

And with that, Eleak lost conciousness, falling into his thoughts, and not knowing anymore what was real, and what wasn't.
Zelena Nichole
Maid
Maid

Post by Zelena Nichole »

[i:18lywkxp]" So, here you are Zelena..down on the ground...worthless, useless....weak...What will you do.....what will you do....hahahaha"[/i:18lywkxp]

The sound of a woman reached into the mind of Zelena as she laid upon the ground helplessly in the hands of the psionist. Zelena knew the power they had and she was not equipped to handle such a power. Zelena's mind raced as she felt her breath pause...however a woman's voice invaded her mind...It was not the drow who caused her to fall...it was another.
[i:18lywkxp]
" Why...why do you serve a weak goddess? Your a foolish child..you need to wake up and see the power that was invested to you....Wake up." [/i:18lywkxp]

The voice carried on with in Zelena's mind but something strange happened. The psionist left her mind......in a mere second. Her eyes flew open as she watched Eleak pass out before the ground. Standing there she noticed three more drow coming towards them. " Eleak!" She screamed as she ran to him, only to withdraw two daggers and hold them outwards in a defensive stance. She threw both of them at the rushing men but they batted them aside. Shaking her head Zelena breathed deeply.

" I didn't want to do this...but I have no choice. I'm so sorry Eilistraee.....one day...forgive me!" Moving her nails upon her arms she scraped the sides of her arms. Blood began to flow from her cuts and slowly did the flame that grew with in her body erupted with a strong magic. Her eyes turned from emerald to crimson red as she felt her blood magic, a divine magic that was a blood line trait for the women of her lineage. Breathing deeply, she thrust her hand outwards and a sheet of flames erupted from before her eyes. The wave of flames were enormous and consumed everything around her. The skies began to darken as she felt a hidden power stir inside of her. Tears ran down her face as she watched the drow burn into pieces....

Gboy
Maid
Maid

Post by Gboy »

As Eleak lay on the ground, he had time to think. Time to think about life. Or death, as the case may soon be. He seemed to be floating, but he soon felt something on his feet. In his mind, his eyes opened to find himself in a solitary stone room, with only a pedestal in front of him. Upon the pedestal, embedded in the stone, he saw something he never thought he would see again. The sword. The cursed sword that Eleak had claimed form the house of the wizard, the one that had turned him on Zelena. Eleak almost wanted to cry.

He had hoped to never lay eyes on it again. Not only was it cursed, it could speak to Eleak, persuade him to do things. Eleak frantically looked around the room for a door, or a window, or anything. Nothing was there. He was trapped, and nothing could free him. Then, the sword spoke to him:

[i:3pvp93zs]Hello Eleak. Long time no see, was it not?[/i:3pvp93zs]

Eleak hated that charismatic, cool voice that seemed to waft into his head, whispering to him, so none could hear. "Sword, let me out of here. I've no intention of speaking to you, and I must make sure Zelena is alright."

[i:3pvp93zs]You don't want to do that. You want to stay here, and play with me.[/i:3pvp93zs] The sword replied to him.

Eleak was shocked at how childish the sword was being. "Sword, I'm going to repeat this again; Let. Me. Out. Now."

[i:3pvp93zs]Oh, I'm not keeping you in here. You are. You want to be with me. And you know it. And you're not coming any closer to getting out. So you might as well play with me.[/i:3pvp93zs]

Eleak ignored this last comment. If Eleak was keeping himself in, he could definately get himself out. Only, if it was that easy, he wouldn't be here still. He focused his thoughts on creating a door, but nothing happened. He tried to imagine a window, only to open his eyes to see solid stone walls still surrounding him. In his head, he heard a laughter, high pitched and taunting. Eleak cleared his mind, but what to think about? He had tried forming exits, and nothing happened. Then, Zelena wandered into his mind. Eleak tries, but he couldn't get her out of his mind. Then, he heard that same voice of the sword, this time worried, and unsure:\

[i:3pvp93zs]Wait, what? Where are you going? No... NOOO!!!! GET BACK HERE!!!!!![/i:3pvp93zs]

Suddenly, he felt a heat wave rush over him, and he opened his eyes to see fire flying over him. He dared not move, as the flame would surely reduce him to ash in mere seconds. Eleak prayed for his life that Zelena was not on the receiving end of this, as that would surely be her downfall. As the fire dispersed, Eleak grabbed a rock that was beside him, wondering where his sword was, and cautiously called out, "Zelena? Are...are you there?"
Zelena Nichole
Maid
Maid

Post by Zelena Nichole »

~ Sound stood still, and the wind paused as the flame of Zelena's blood raged with in the core of her spirit and her mind. Her eyes widened as she felt the old ancient power run through her body as if she was were a gateway for the power. Flames burnt everything, Flames consumed everything and in the middle of the chaos stood Zelena, her eyes widened with tears, her body emitting strings of smoke from her skin. She remembered the time where she could not control what she did and this time was the same. Her own artifact, the amulet only chuckled at her speaking in her mind.

[i:1i2b2nhp]" you summon a magic you cannot control? Simple minded girl....and yet you cause damage and forsake your goddess....the one goddess that would have saved you.......you foolish and useful girl..." [/i:1i2b2nhp]

Gasping Zelena gripped the amulet with a harden and menacing grip. " Speak one more word of my mistakes and I shall use all my might to shatter you....What are you?"

Not knowing hot Zelena felt hesitation upon the part of the amulet. It seemed to understand the danger it was in and spoke quietly and cautiously. [i:1i2b2nhp]" I am Artifact of Twain..my body the sword you gave to Eleak is the other. We were made long ago, but a mixture of an expert dwarvesmen and Elves. Captured by humans, a war broke out, in which the head lords of an Elven Community placed us under the care of a wizard and there we stayed. Now we are fre----[/i:1i2b2nhp] " The amulet began to think before it spoke and quickly finished the sentence. "[i:1i2b2nhp] Under your command."[/i:1i2b2nhp]

Zelena smiled even as she felt the strength of her magic subdue. Her eyes moved over to Eleak as she stared upon the sword. Reaching out her hand, she caused the ripples of her blue flame to surround Eleak and pick him up, moving him over to her. She knew she forsake Eilistraee, the surface world was no longer safe for her....Zelena placed Eleak before her and gave him a choice. Come with her to the Underdark, or leave.

Gboy
Maid
Maid

Post by Gboy »

"Zelena, what do you mean the upper world is no longer safe? Eilistraee is a forgiving godess, she will understand your reason. Zelena," Eleak put his face in his hands, looking at the ground. He had too many things going through his mind. Zelena...he thought he knew a lot about her, but he was not sure anymore. Why would she so soon forsake Eilistraee. "Zelena, you know I would follow you wherever you go. Be it the underdark, the Abyss, or the negative energy plane, I will go. But I have to ask: why? I thought you fled from the underdark to seek a new life. Why return?"
Zelena Nichole
Maid
Maid

Post by Zelena Nichole »

~Zelena looked upon Eleaks face with compassion but as the tingling sensation of her blood magic still damped her skin she could not reach out to him. Nodding Zelena understood Eleak's questions and logic.

" It is because I broke a vow with Eilistraee....Ohh my goddess I prayed that I would never have to show the lands this magic that dwells with in me, but in order to win...i unleashed it to save a life....Eilistraee is forgiving, but where I must go now...She cannot follow in her powerful strength. The underdark limits Eilistraee to an extent....So I cannot ask you to come, but know this...what I seek will help you...bear the weight of that cursed blade, as it will help me bear the power of my own. "

That was all Zelena had to say as she turned around and slowly drew her black cloak over her shoulder. Finally the rage subsided but Zelena was still feeling magic flow through her. Her wounds closed.....

Gboy
Maid
Maid

Post by Gboy »

Following Zelena as she walks away, Eleak says to her, "Your vow has not been broken, unless you vowed to let your friends die before your very eyes at any chance you get. Zelena, whether you like how you did it or not, you saved my life. Back there, I was unable to move, but I could still hear those people approaching me. I was as good as dead, but then you saved me. That which dwells within us, whether we like it or not, is a gift that we posess for a reason. Knowing what I am now capable of in certain situations, I would gladly use it to protect a friend, no matter how dark, or distant I become to the rest of the world. Would you live your entire life without using your right arm and foot? That is like what you are saying, in hoping not to use your gift of magic that you just used."

Eleak's gaze seems a bit strained, and it is clear that he has lost a great deal of stamina and endurance after that last fight. "And Zelena, you obviously don't know me well enough yet. You don't have to ask me to follow you, I do it anyways. In fact, you probably could not ask me to leave and have me listen."

Eleak also chuckles, and thinks of the blade, such a crimson hue it posessed. "Zelena, I don't know if that blade is actually meant to be used by me, but merely to awaken the darkness that I so crudely denied before. But now... it is done. And I am going to use that darkness for the greater good - destroying all of Lolth's followers, and eliminating her from this world. Perhaps that pendant was to help you realize, there is still good, even where you think there is only evil."