A long lost Maiden

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Zelena Nichole
Maid
Maid

Post by Zelena Nichole »

~ Eyes drifted from the unconscious man to Eleak. She breathed deeply and nodded. " No smart Drow would face against two on one. If he is from the Below he will know that, however I know not where he is from. That can only be determined by healing him. Prepare yourself. "

With a flick of her wrist, Zelena casted a protective shield upon her skin from physical attacks. It of course was not the strongest she could think of but she knew that once she had healed him, or began to, it will be very hard to summon up stronger magic. If Eilistraee was in her favor today, she would heal him without causing fatigue.

Placing her hands together, they began to emit a glow of moon light, as she stared up at the moon and begged for Eilistraee to come to her aid. Slowly the healing began......
Being Half Human and Half Drow, Noone in the UnderDark Expected anything from her. That of course.....was their mistake.

Tluin Kitrye Rivvil lu' Kitrye Ilythiiri, Non wun har'oloth Expected jalbol dal ilta. Nindel d' heen.......zhahus ninta duanda.
Gboy
Maid
Maid

Post by Gboy »

Eleak exchanges glances with Zelena, and then focuses his gaze on the unconscious man, hands on his sword, waiting for healing to take effect. This seemed so...strange and unnatural to him. "Magic" he thinks to himself, "Too unpredictable to trust. But helpful at times."
Zelena Nichole
Maid
Maid

Post by Zelena Nichole »

Zelena's gaze was intent as she closed her eyes. allowing the moon shine to rise from her goddess and flow through her into the man. Her concentration was intense. Of course, she was no amateur at the art of healing, but the intensity it took for her to bring back the dead from life, or healing such grevious and unexplained wounds without proper knowledge or help was very dangerous on her part. She breathed deeply, which each breath took some life out of her. She slowly began to see the fire fade from the man, as her magic wrapped itself around the body of the Fallen and Hurt Drow. Her lungs drew in breathe faster and faster as she strained her mind at the work.

Nearing the completion, sweat dripped down her pale white skin as she peered upwards at Eleak smiling weakly. She sensed his uneasiness and merely understood. When she was an assassin she understood how magic could easily defeat the best of warriors, from afar, which is why she came into such teachings from her master at that time. She dreamed of what her power would become if she could weave her vicious fighting style with that of magic. She indeed would become feared, and so she was, sometimes called a Witch, but eilistraee saved her from such turmoils of the heart, only deep with in the core, did that tiny bead of darkness dwell. One day it might be awakening but until that day, Zelena paid it no mind and gave her mind and body fully to Eilistraee.
Being Half Human and Half Drow, Noone in the UnderDark Expected anything from her. That of course.....was their mistake.

Tluin Kitrye Rivvil lu' Kitrye Ilythiiri, Non wun har'oloth Expected jalbol dal ilta. Nindel d' heen.......zhahus ninta duanda.
Gboy
Maid
Maid

Post by Gboy »

All throught the process, Eleak remained silent. Watching the woman perform her art, and permitting her to do it to her full extent, was his responsibility. He was only to guard her if things took a turn for the worse. His white hair took on an unnatural glow in the moon, as it always did, but it seemed...alive now. Different than it usually did. Perhaps it was such close contact with magic, but who could tell for certain? Zelena began sweating, and Eleak began to worry, concern falling onto his face. His gaze constantly switched from the fallen man, to Zelena, and back. The man stopped smoking like a burning log, but he still did not wake up. Zelena began sweating vey much now, and Eleak took one hand off of his sword and readied it to catch her if she fell.
Last edited by Gboy on Fri May 16, 2008 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zelena Nichole
Maid
Maid

Post by Zelena Nichole »

The air drew in a cold breeze which caught Zelena off her guard. She felt her ears ring as she shook off the effects of the slight cold she felt. Focusing onto the man she shook her head as she peered downwards at the fallen man. " I can heal him no further, for the torment that lies with in the soul cannot be healed. I have healed all I can for his body. The rest is for his mind. However we must move...There are evil forces at work...I don't want to leave him, but we cannot cover as much ground as we want carrying him, and we may possibly be ambushed. So I will need to do something else. "

She stood up and took out a pair of roots, and slowly closed her eyes. Whispering quickly she threw them down upon the ground and stepped back as roots began to rise form the ground, building a den upon the fallen Drow. She slowly placed the sigh of Eilistraee over the den. " Eilistraee, consecrate this den and provide protection over this fallen drow. Hath mercy upon him, please. "

The Symbol flared with a light power as Zelena stood back, her body move wearily as she was barely standing up. " We must go..."

Gboy
Maid
Maid

Post by Gboy »

Xavier's gaze kept flitting from the fallen man to Zelena, and back. After Zelena stood up, he replied:
"I fear leaving him will be disastrous to his soul, but you are right, we have not much left we can do. I do not feel any evil, but I am not sensitive to those things. I trust your better judgement. Let us go and find shelter somewhere."

He watches with respect as she performs one final magic spell, and then quickly rushes up to her as she nearly falls. Putting her arm around his shoulder and supporting her, he says:

"Lean on me. I will help you when you are weary, so that you may never fall. Stay by my side. We will return to a place I have come accustumed to that is not far, and we will rest there. We can do this...hunt as you say, in the morning. For now, we must rest."
Zelena Nichole
Maid
Maid

Post by Zelena Nichole »

~ A smile touched Selena pale features as she regarded the drow. He was unlike any that she has ever encountered. She did not look like a Drow, for she held the fair pale skin of humans, but he did and most of the Drow she had met were Lloth worshippers. She nodded as she tried to straighten herself without much success. " Thank you.." She said softly as she looked upon the man, and whispered a silent word. The area around the man seemed to shimmer then fade into invisibility, as she exhausted her clerical and magical powers. Only rest would give her enough time for those enchantments to regain their potency and give her a chance to renew several other spells.

Breathing Deeply, Zelena nodded again and slowly began to walk. Her eyes moving around as she found the forest uneasy. The Surface light elves normally were more attuned to that of the forest, but being a human, with a touch of Drow in her she somehow found it interesting that sometimes the forest would reach out and let her in on their conversation. It was rumored that her mother was part elf, but she did not stay alive long enough to allow her the pleasure of finding out. Perhaps that journey would one day fill itself out. " Perhaps I am part Light elf as well? Ohh my...what an outcast I would be...." She said within her mind as she looked around softly.

" is it far...I really must rest.."

Gboy
Maid
Maid

Post by Gboy »

Eleak began slowly walking with Zelena's arm around his shoulder, making sure not to go too fast that she may be unable to keep up, but fast enough to leave that place soon. He knew exactly where he was headed. It was his home for the time being. There would be plenty of room, and time to rest for Zelena.

Eleak suddenly got a strange feeling of haste being required. He stops, turns to Zelena, and says: "I beg your pardon Zelena, but this is necessary." Eleak hoists Zelena up onto his back and begins walking faster, but still that feeling of haste was there. Maybe this was what Zelena had been feeeling, and he just been slow to realize it. Eleak began to slowly run towards his small alcove, trying to escape this feeling.

When he finally arrived, the feeling was gone, and he was relieved. He lowered Zelena off of his back, making sure that she was able to stand, though he still kept her arm around his shoulder, just in case. There was a simple log cabin with missing windows, and a solid oaken door. He had found it abandoned a little while ago, and it had been rather accomadating since he had found it. He slowly walked up to the door with Zelena, and opened it with a large creaking sound. Inside was a simple room with two beds, a cupboard, and a small wood stove. Eleak brought Zelena over to one of the beds, and carefully helped her into the bed, whispering: "Sleep well Zelena Nichole. Thank you for what you've done." He himself walked back outside, to watch if anything came after them in the cover of the night.
Zelena Nichole
Maid
Maid

Post by Zelena Nichole »

A magical ring upon Zelena's finger slowly registered the magic that was being used. Zelena felt the haste, but she doubt she could keep up. She gasped softly as the man picked her up on his back and began to run. Resting her head upon his shoulders, she gained a little more sleep than she realized that she would. Darkness over took her....

Her mind wandered, her awareness flowing back to the man they left upon the ground. Her eyes watched over him as she slowly felt the magic and cleric strength draining back into her body. It felt like she was drinking sweet hunny. Breathing deeply she woke with a start. Her hands moved to her sword, as she looked around. She found not her sword and slowly before panic took over her body, she remembered where she was....Breathing deeply again she looked around. " Eleak.. Are you there?" She said softly, as she slowly withdrew the blanket from her body.

Elrohir
Regular

Elrohir

Post by Elrohir »

His smoldering form begain to cool as he was in the material plane once more. The smell of sulfur and brimstone eminates from his body.

*SUDDENLY* A Jerk in his hands as he grasps down hard upon the earth. A pale green light and a soft melodic humm resonates from them. The earth beneith them seems to desintegrate beneith his touch. As if he was consumeing the earth it self. After this passes for a moment he whispered barely audible.

"Water."

Still unmoveing and smoldering from the fires of hell it self.
Violet flames Hail my comeing. Cold oblivion swirls in my passing. But pain and agony beyond comprehenssion reaps in my presance. Odion Demonius Archmage Eternal of the Midnite Academy.
Gboy
Maid
Maid

Post by Gboy »

Eleak sat on the roof of the small cabin staring at the stars. The were always beautiful, and ever since he was a child, he had enjoyed watching them. Other children from his homeland had teased him about it, but didn't care. One star, he had called it Aria for he did not know it's actual name, only appeard every so often. He had always told himself that whenever he saw it, it meant someone was thinking of him. He never knew who it was, but he was glad that sometimes, others thought of him. Stars had so much meaning that he did not understand, but he was still fascinated by their beauty. He felt as though he could live, just looking at the stars. "Tell me your secrets," He whispered to the stars, "and I shall watch you forever."

After his meditation, he could still see certain stars in the sky, although the sun was soon to rise, and he best return inside, perhape Zelena was awake, and wondering what was happening. He jumped down from the roof and landed gracefully. Knocking softly on the door, he walks inside and looks at Zelena with a small smile on his face. He had been right, he heard her whisper from just outside the door. "Ah, Zelena. You are awake. How are you feeling? Welcome to where I reside. And, also," Eleak's face droops a little, looking embarassed and ashamed, "sorry again for last night. I just felt...rushed. And I ask for forgiveness if you felt offended."
Zelena Nichole
Maid
Maid

Post by Zelena Nichole »

Zelena waved her hand to tell Eleak that there was no need for such apologies. She was just thankful for being alive. If Eleak was any other Drow from the UnderDark they would have left her there to die, and save their own hides, or so she hear the stories tell of the might and cowardice of the Drow race. She smiled as she looked at the man. " Thank you, for you courage and strength. I would have died by exhausting------" As she was about to finish her sentence, her magic from afar picked up small pieces of infiltration. Her eyes slowly went white as she moved her awareness far into the forest.....then as she looked upon her magic that was recently cast, she was mentally hit by a force that flamed like darken fire. Her awareness was struck deeply and it slammed into her conscious body only to have her body shutter with pain as steam fell over portions of her skin....

She breathed slowly but she held her sleep, and still was stronger than she was before. She reversed the flow of the mysterious flame and her body absorbed it into her skin, refueling her magic that was lost in the exchange. Looking up at the man, she moved off the bed in a bit of a hurry and gathered up her belongings..." It seems that our wanderer has awoken, and somehow was I believe transported again? I"m not sure by when i tried to reach out to his being, I was deflected by a firewall, one that I don't believe that male was capable of. " Her eyes shimmered again as she felt another trickle of magic snap.

Shaking her head she then looked towards the south. " It seems that Lloth Worshippers are also with in the vicinity of the forest. They broke a seal I have set up to warn me of advancing of the direction I have came.....What do we do? They could be looking for him."

Gboy
Maid
Maid

Post by Gboy »

Eleak lets out a sigh of relief when she accepts his apologies. He listens to her begin speaking, and almost speaks to ask what was wrong when she cuts off, but then realizes that it was magic once again, and it was best left alone. But this time, he did not patiently wait, he had things to do. He walked over to the beds, and made sure that they were properly made for the next time, even if it was not his. He calmly finishes, then turns back to Zelena to see her steaming slightly. Knowing that this can't be good, Eleak runs up to her and supports her, making sure she does not fall again. Whispering in response, because he was so close, Eleak replies: "The man has awoken has he? And yet, all he seems to bring is more strife. We should be wary of this man, he is...different than most that I have met. I don't know how to describe it, but..."Eleak trails off, allowing Zelena to continue.

"Worshippers of Lolth? That is not good. Long have our godesses views not matched, nor shall they ever. But...while they may be looking for him, they may also be looking for us. We could be walking into a trap by attempting to aid him, perhaps even he is a follower of Lolth herself. This could be dangerous either way. I have no idea what we should do, although I will stick with you whatever you choose. You..." Eleak, trails off, looking at Zelena very carefully. After a few seconds, he shakes his head and says, "Never mind, it's nothing. Well Zelena?" Eleak looks at her expectantly, waiting for the word on what they should do.
Zelena Nichole
Maid
Maid

Post by Zelena Nichole »

~ Zelena peered at the body of the male and merely contemplating what they should do. She turned her head towards the window. Peering out of it, she thought deeply about what they should do. Shaking her head, she felt a tear roll down her cheek. " We can do no more for that Man, for his soul is consumed and very much far beyond my powers to heal. We will have to fight. "

Turning around, she gripped the hilt of her Song Sword and smiled at Eleak. " We hunt....If that man is born to live, than he shall live. If he was born to die, then so be it. We cannot sacrifice our lives yet, for his well being until we understand the truth. " Zelena moved towards the door as she edged to feel the strength of the wind upon her face again.

Gboy
Maid
Maid

Post by Gboy »

Eleak held Zelena's gaze for a long time, and when she turned away and walked to the window, seeing her being to cry, he walks up to her and carefully, so as not to offend, wraps his arms around her in a comforting way, and whispers. "I'm sure that the man is okay. He will find a way to survive. But for now..." Eleak let's go and walks over to his wardrobe, opens it, and takes out a bluish chain shirt, seeming to give off a faint glow, until he puts it on. "For now...we fight."

Eleak shakes his head a bit at her small prophecy of life the man's life. When she is done, he says, "Men meant to live often die, and the opposite is true as well. But fortune guides us, and we live by it." Eleak draws his sword, which makes a small whistling sound as it comes from his sheath. It seems to twitch within his hand, as if looking for someone...or something...to fight. It's deep green hue seems to change from hints of blue, to hints of red, yellow, and deeper green, all withing seconds of each other. It looks perfectly at home in Eleak's hands, and a small head hanging from it's hilt grins in agreement to the swords personality. "Let us hunt. Our evil brothers will not know what hit them, until they walk once again in the light. Then they will see what we have become, and what they can." Eleak follows Zelena to the door, making sure that everything was once again fine in the cabin, then he left right behind her, his sword itching for battle.