A long lost Maiden

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Zelena Nichole
Maid
Maid

Post by Zelena Nichole »

~ The eyes of Zelena closed slowly as she felt a sorrow from with in her being, however She felt comfort from Eleak being so close to her. Allowing her mind to sooth over, she turned as he made his move to the door. Slowly feeling the tingle of her magic wards as they were slowly being broken little by little. " They are getting closer!" Zelena said with a sharp note. Her body flowed with the wind as her lithe steps followed behind Eleak. It would seem to Zelena that indeed the Lothian's were looking for this Drow for why would they travel so openly across the forest? Unless they were meaning to hurt someone, or attack something. Her eyes moved from left to right, as she slowly began to call up a few defense spells. Her left hand guided over to that of one of her throwing daggers, but then she stopped. She was not an assassin no more....That feeling was always fighting with in her soul, as she sighed greatly. Moving her hand instead to her sheath she withdrew her SongSword from it, the blade made a musical tone as it was withdraw causing a soft air current to rise from around her. " Lets Hunt."
Being Half Human and Half Drow, Noone in the UnderDark Expected anything from her. That of course.....was their mistake.

Tluin Kitrye Rivvil lu' Kitrye Ilythiiri, Non wun har'oloth Expected jalbol dal ilta. Nindel d' heen.......zhahus ninta duanda.
Gboy
Maid
Maid

Post by Gboy »

Out in the open, Eleak waited for Zelena, and practiced a bit with his sword, letting it feel free in his hand. His sword never really had been guided by him...it was the other way around. His hand had always jerked one way or another when he didn't intend to, to great effect. His job now was not to slay as many of the other drow to make the field around this cabin red, but to get rid of enough to find a hole in the horde to get Zelena away from here. Nobody was going to die under Eleak's protection. Nobody. Not anymore. Eleak felt a tear trickle down his eye, but he shook it off. Not tonight. He felt a small tingling in his stomach, and then he understood. Eilistraee was telling him to move on. He had stayed in this cabin for longer than anywhere else, and now he understood why. He was supposed to bring Zelena away from this oncoming horde of drow, guard her. And now he was to move on again. Eleak whispers to his sword, "Sorry, not today." And then, he turns back to Zelena, and says, "Today, we do not hunt. For now, we flee. Eilistraee has whispered to me, we face too many, and we would bring ourselves to suicide if we fought them. I am heading north. I hope you see it wise to accompany me, as you are far too young to die."
Zelena Nichole
Maid
Maid

Post by Zelena Nichole »

~Zelena moved with a purpose as she allowed her instincts to slowly began to fuse into her the muscles of her body. She began to induce the power of speed as her eyes caught the site of Eleak. She stopped in mid stride as she stared at him, wondering why he stopped. " But, there presence is a harm to Eilistraee herself....How rude of them to dare enter our forests!" She said quickly as she was about to proceed. Why would Eleak call off the hunt? Who was he, a mere male----. She then cursed herself as she shook her hand, knowing that her years confined in the UnderDark. She caught herself with tears in her eyes as she knew her hatred for those cursed Drow. Only humans were ranked lower then scum there, and she was one. Shaking her head, she then blushed as she moved behind Eleak mirroring his movements. She was silent, like one of the assassins of the Masked Lord, Which in times even scared her.

Her gazed shifted as she spoke loudly. " Wait!" She said quickly as she turned around and reached into her pocket. Withdrawing a handful of dust, she threw the crimson dust at the air, and whispered a quick incantation. Applying a delayed reaction she turned around with a smile. " I left them a present, though the present will destroy everything in that vicinity with fire, it will likely destroy the cabin, but I do know that we may not be able to back there for a while." Moving silently to catch up, she did not notice that she was holding her breath. Fixing that mistake, she gained her footing and followed. " Where are we going?"
Being Half Human and Half Drow, Noone in the UnderDark Expected anything from her. That of course.....was their mistake.

Tluin Kitrye Rivvil lu' Kitrye Ilythiiri, Non wun har'oloth Expected jalbol dal ilta. Nindel d' heen.......zhahus ninta duanda.
Gboy
Maid
Maid

Post by Gboy »

Eleak stood firm, hoping Zelena did not attack him. She was magical, that was true, but she wouldn't be much a challenge to him. He would not try and kill her, but he would if she endangered his life personally. However, she did not try and attack, but merely spoke. He calmly replied, "They are turly abominations, yes. But they are abominations with more men and women than the two of us. We can do more for Eilistraee alive than we can dead." Eleak raised one of his slim fingers and wiped a tear from Zelena's cheek. "Don't woory Zelena. They will pay for what they have done. But not now."

Eleak begins to head out in the direction that the tingling feeling was pulling him, when Zelena called for a stop. Eleak waited patiently, not wanting to offend her more than he was sure he had. When she returns, Eleak gives a small prayer to the place, thanking it for the time in which he had used it. After they traveled for a small distance and Zelena asked where they were going, Eleak suddely gave a small start, but kept moving. He honestly had no idea where they were going. But Eilistraee would guide him. She always did. "We are going to a small shelter to the north, Eilistraee has chosen it personally. Perhaps we will find someone there who can help, but for now, all we know is that it is safe. Don't worry. From here to there I will protect you."
Gboy
Maid
Maid

Post by Gboy »

After days of travel, thoughts of grief for letting those following Lolth continue walking, and many pleasent conversations with Zelena, Eleak felt a powerful tinge, approaching a clearing in the middle of a forest. He knew that this was the place, and hoped it was safe enough for two people to formulate a plan, regroup, then take the fight back to Lolth's slaves.

"Here. This is where Eilistraee has led us." Eleak gave a small inhale, hoping that it would be fine. He took a step out of the dense forest, and realized it was worth the trouble of travel.

In the scene was a beautiful crystal clear lake, filled with fish which you could see swimming about, whic was beside a finely made wooden cabin. The cabin was two stories high, with a solid door, and good sized windows, and what appeared to be a chimney, allowing a fire. There was a small tree trunk for chopping wood, with plenty of wood already chopped. The forest surrounded the entire colsure, hiding it from view, and there was a small stream flowing through the forest, feeding the lake. It was a beautiful scene, and he thanked Eilistraee for bringing him to such a beautiful place. It seemed as though it was well stocked, and that He and Zelena would be able to survive quite nicely, at least for a while. "WHat do you think Zelena? Will this do for the time being?"
Zelena Nichole
Maid
Maid

Post by Zelena Nichole »

~ Zelena’s eyes were stern as she traveled through out the day. She could feel the fire from with in her soul, burn with anger. It wasn’t fair, she did not mind if her life would be taken because she knew she served Eilistraee as faithfully as was possible. Having taking many rituals, she was indeed a chosen of her goddess, and she would always give her life for the Dark Maiden. Her body moved silently through the forest, her eyes focusing not on the man in front of her, but on the magic that was being released. She felt the fire whirl through the air, its blue flame consuming the very bodies that crept into its trap. Her body shuttered for a second, as the energy of holding its implements drained from her mana resources. Breathing deeply, she did not show her weakness, but like most of the magic she used, it took a toll on her body. She was not a sorceress of novice skills, but being how she was used to fighting melee, or using clerical skills, her magical abilities had always taken a back step compared to her other abilities. She followed with out saying anything, and when they stopped she looked around, allowing her eyes to seep into the ground and around the area. “ It’s beautiful….how long will we stay here?” She said softly.

Gboy
Maid
Maid

Post by Gboy »

"That, I cannot say Zelena. All I know is that we came here for a reason. Something important might happen here, we might find out something that will give us a key to defeating Lolth's followers, we may find people who share our cause, we may find new equipment. All I know is Eilistraee guided me here." Eleak turns and looks at Zelena, and shifts uncomfortably on the spot. He puts his sword away, lets out a long sigh, and says, "Look, Zelena, I'm sorry. I know how badly you wanted to stay, and fight those drow, I would've liked to take them down as well, but...I just felt as though we should've left them for the time being. I hope you can forgive me, but I'll understand, being one of Eilistraee's chosen, if you don't." He turns his gaze towards the ground, feeling as though he should not look at Zelena, her being of a higher standing with Eilistraee than he. This was the first time he had ever felt this when he looked at Zelena, and he wondered why he felt it now.
Zelena Nichole
Maid
Maid

Post by Zelena Nichole »

~ Zelena merely walked around, waving her sword around cautiously, making sure the thin sharp blade did not cut her fair skin. She understood why they had to run, but she could not completely accept that notion. She was the song and sword of her goddess, and if called upon, her song would be heard, but this man, took that away. She did not hold contempt for him, and she very much understood why he decided to flee, but she was a bit disappointed. Not so much with him, but with herself. Her blood lust was something that was not honorable, but she could not help it, for the human nature sometimes took the better of her judgment. Sometimes she forgot, that before she could kill a single Drow, she must offer than a chance of redemption. That in itself made the job of fighting very dangerous in itself. Before she found Eilistraee, she killed upon will and want. She raised herself in the wilderness, and even picked her skills up in the underdark. She still found it hard to turn against that in which she was taught so many years ago, but she was trying.

She smiled as she nodded at Eleak, but he seemed to confuse her. How could he have known she was a chose of Eilistraee? How? She thought back and slowly she wondered who this wanderer really was. She knew his fighting status, and knew how dangerous he could be, but with out further analysis spells she assumed he was not of magical nature. It would be futile to fight him one on one with a sword. Even as skilled as she was, her dabbling in her other two arts, made a swords master a far greater danger than a wizard or a llothian cleric. Breathing deeply, she merely smiled at the man. " Don't think too much on it Eleak. It was my foolish mistake, and yet my blood lust that took over my voice. I try my hardest to contain it, but sometimes it does get the best of me. But thank you, you seemed to quell it with your logic. I left them a firey surprise, which would not have killed anyone, but stun and burn away them in paralysis. However, they will come. They always do." She said softly as she sheathed her sword. " What will we do now? " She said as she did note his eyes not meeting hers. She moved her hand outwards and touched his chin and lifted his head.

" What will we do now?" She said again as she smiled.

Gboy
Maid
Maid

Post by Gboy »

"Blood lust is sometimes a good thing to have Zelena. It keeps you alive when nothing else does. And logic...logic can be a hindrance sometimes. I've seen things that have made me throw my logic away in order to survive." Eleak held himself silent as she continued talking. "As for now we- "

Eleak's voice stopped as Zelena raised his head, making him look at her. She truly was rather stunning. Eleak swallowed hard, trying not to breathe too hard on her. He took in her looks, and began slightly stuttering. "Um, n-now? Uh, now we- we, umm...We, r-rest, I guess. Unless, there's something else you want to d-do, of course." Eleak cursed at himself in his thoughts. He was being such an idiot. He could talk prefectly straight to a woman. Most of the time. Why was Zelena different? Eleak swalled again, feeling tiny beads of sweat begin to drip down his neck. This was one of the moments that he wanted to end, but never forget.
Zelena Nichole
Maid
Maid

Post by Zelena Nichole »

She nodded as s he smiled again and softly felt the side of the man's face. She saw strength and courage, they were known facts that Zelena had held most of her life, until she was forced to act as an assassin. Courage was not one thing an assassin knew, because they did not rely on trust or openness. She slowly moved back as she drew her hand back and then rain it through her dark blond hair. Turning around, she began to assess the situation.

" Eleak.." She said softly as she laughed. " Gentle man, we have things we need to do. We need to gather supplies, restock them, than we need to focus on what we need to do. I"m sure the Llothian's will set up camp and slowly began to take over the forest....that was always what Lloth had wanted. To oversee and overtake all. They must be dealt with, but where can we go or what can we do...to stop their advance. Do you know of any one that can help?"

Gboy
Maid
Maid

Post by Gboy »

Eleak held Zelena's gaze for as long as he could, but when she turned away, he also looked away, and took the chance to shake of his nervousness. He still did not understand why he had acted the way he did, but he wanted to get rid of it nontheless.

When Zelena spoke to him again, Eleak clamly listened, considering, their next course of action. It was true, the worshippers of Lolth were unlikely to give everything up at one sign of failure, but Eleak and Zelena had traveled quickly to escape their reach, so the should have a small amount of time to prepare themselves. He replied to Zelena, "No, sadly I do not, at least not around here. Like I said before, I am a wanderer, I do not stay in places long enough to learn many peoples names, and even if I did, most of them would not travel with me on my journeys. Also, this is my first time being here, I have no knowledge of what lies around here in any direction. Eilistraee guided us here though. I'm sure for a reason."
Zelena Nichole
Maid
Maid

Post by Zelena Nichole »

~ She only chuckled as she turned around, her body flowed over to her stuff and quickly pulled out a book. It's bindings were old, and the pages almost seemed to fall out, but they did not. She slowly moved her hand over the book cover and whispered a word. The book slowly opened and her eyes moved over it eagerly. Spells flew into her mind and quickly were solidified with in her memory. She smiled softly and merely nodded as she slowly were replenishing her spells. As she sat back and laid upon the soft ground.

" Eleak.....We are along in this then. I don't understand this forest...when I commune to speak with it, i get gibberish as if something is blocking their voice and scrambling it. It gets me frustrated. ..." She sighed as she placed her hand upon her forehead and rested there.

Gboy
Maid
Maid

Post by Gboy »

" You can commune with a forest? More magic I suppose? That might come in handy, for when the Lolthians decide to approach us, trying to take over this land. For now though, gibberish does not seem good. However, I have no idea how it is possible to stop it, for I have little understanding of magic. For now, I am going to examine the building with which we have been graced. I hope it will be able to support us while we plan for the oncoming horde of drow." Eleak slowly walks over to the house, waiting to see if Zelena accopmanies him, almost waiting for her while walking.

As Eleak opens the door to the cabin, he was rather impressed. There was a large stone fireplace, filled with wood already, and seemingly ready to be lit. There was a staircase, which Eleak assumed led to the bedroom, or bedrooms. There were many various pieces of furniture that seemed well made, almost of noble quality. Everything seemed to be perfect. Too perfect. Eleak shook his head at the thought. That was silly. This was perfectly fine, and nothing would happen.
Zelena Nichole
Maid
Maid

Post by Zelena Nichole »

~ It was as if Zelena Knew what Eleak was sensing and thinking. She looked at the building and shook her head. She then stepped back from it as she looked around.

" I don't believe that is a house I want to enter.....It seems so perfect and beautiful. I....I for some reason do not trust it. "

Zelena began to search her memories as she tried to find an old riddle in which she heard from her village. In the forest, deep with in a troubled circle.....

Zelena could not remember the rest. She slowly sat down and crossed her legs, a complex face appeared upon her facials as she tried to lock onto the memories...." In the forest, Deep with in a troubled circle, laid a house. This house, so perfect and quiet was the ultimate deception...in the house laid a powerful mage, one that lived only with in it's borders. His knowledge was written in..."

Man I cannot remember..... Zelena's head shook as she peered into the house, and her eyes widened. " His knowledge was written in blood across the walls, of those that entered.....woo is to the fools that enter, but only until a chosen enters will the Mage's mind meet peace. ...." Confusion began to overcome Zelena's mind as she backed away, fearing the type of magic that could be...She looked around and moved towards the forest, as if searching for something. Looking around Zelena moved with the speed and grace of a feline.

Gboy
Maid
Maid

Post by Gboy »

"My, that is quite a poem you have there Zelena. Seems as though we've come across that very house, or so it seems, a chosen must enter it for his blood lust to be satisfied." Eleak looks at Zelena, not sure if she would go or not, for he was not certain if she was a chosen of Eilistraee or not. However, nothing could assure Eleak that she would come out unharmed. "Why would Eilistraee guide us to the house of an old wizard who had a habit of killing people? Truly, this isn't the best of lodgins if we are killed when we enter." Eleak cuts of as he watches Zelena run towards the forest, wondering what she could be doing. He takes out his sword, and runs after her, thinking to himself , she could get hurt. Why must she always do things like this? , and he called out "What are you doing Zelena? What troubles you?"