A long lost Maiden

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Zelena Nichole
Maid
Maid

Post by Zelena Nichole »

Zelena put up her hand to silence him. It was more of a wave as her eyes scanned the ground, every inch of it. She looked around as she crouched down, moving grass aside. Watching the forest, she slowly began to move her lithe hand through the grass searching.....

" Maybe this isnt the hou--" Her eyes focused upon the tip of a line and a gasp escape her throat. The line was a deep shade of red, but it was covered by so much dirt and debris one could not tell they were entering it unless they knew. " This is that house Eleak.....Eilistraee is testing us...They say there is two old artifacts with in the house. One lies a sword, it's edge magical, one that could cut through astral plane demons and just about any magical shield. The second lies an amulet. The amulet gives a magic user a memory boost, but not quite so. The amulet holds spells with in it's own magical binding and who ever wears it could summon up hundreds of spells with out memorizing them. They say the amulet is a sister artifact of the WindWalker......But the danger is, the mage that guards this house, is a very power one, one that has never been defeated....That is why Eilistraee lead us here......We need to reclaim these artifacts for her.....but I need help."
Being Half Human and Half Drow, Noone in the UnderDark Expected anything from her. That of course.....was their mistake.

Tluin Kitrye Rivvil lu' Kitrye Ilythiiri, Non wun har'oloth Expected jalbol dal ilta. Nindel d' heen.......zhahus ninta duanda.
Gboy
Maid
Maid

Post by Gboy »

Eleak was about to continue speaking, when Zelena raised her hand. About to complain, Eleak catches himself, and keep silent, knowing that Zelena could possibly get very angry. Instead, he held his peace and waited right where he was for her to finish searching. As she begins to tell the tale of what this house may contain, Eleak shifted his position, liking what he was now hearing. A pair of artifacts to be recovered for Eilistraee. To be offered to her? Or used in her name? The latter made Eleak's heart jump, hoping that she would deem him worthy to use an artifact blade. "Zelena, you know that I would help you in anything you choose to do," Eleak says, "but tell me; how do you plan to defeats this wiard, if so required? If he was simple to beat, do you not think that these artifacts would be recovered already?"
Zelena Nichole
Maid
Maid

Post by Zelena Nichole »

~ Nodding to herself Zelena stood up and slowly began to contemplate the answer to Eleak. In all reality, she did not know. This wizard was said to be a match of a Lich Wizard, however she did not know how wise that lich wizard could be. A lich wizard could be very strong, but if they were new, they could also make very big mistakes. No it couldn't be that easy....these artifacts.....

She turned around and spoke softly. " These artifacts are very strong....this wizard will be very strong.....but the key to this battle is not me....It is you. The wizard won't even see you as a threat. Most fighters who do not carry anti magical elements with them are not even a hint of a match in a fair one on one duel with an accomplished magic user. I know he will only thrust you into the wall, and then battle me. But what he will not know is that while he is battling me, the spells that I will cast upon you will protect you from him. All you need to do is feign......"

Smiling she snapped her fingers and her book of secrets appeared before her. Opening it up she moved further away from the red line.

" Come on.....I will need to strengthen you for this fight."
Being Half Human and Half Drow, Noone in the UnderDark Expected anything from her. That of course.....was their mistake.

Tluin Kitrye Rivvil lu' Kitrye Ilythiiri, Non wun har'oloth Expected jalbol dal ilta. Nindel d' heen.......zhahus ninta duanda.
Gboy
Maid
Maid

Post by Gboy »

"Zelena...I'm honoured that you think so highly of me, but I doubt that I would be able to defeat this wizard without aid. But...I also find it mildly dishonourable to fight two against one. Zelena...I will do this, but only because you ask me to. After this, all fights should be kept to one on one. But I will do as you ask." Eleak kneels down on one knee in front of Zelena, bowing his head, but still maintaining eye contact. "Cast what you will upon me."
Zelena Nichole
Maid
Maid

Post by Zelena Nichole »

Her eyes narrowed as she looked at Eleak. Anger rose up into her blood as she slowly controlled that of a magic she had suppressed a long time ago. Shaking her head, she merely lightened her expression as she bent down and looked Eleak into the eyes.

" Don't be a fool Eleak, This Wizard is strong enough to defeat more than all people that fight him one on one. We cannot do that, for the sake of moving on. There is a difference between honour and Wisdom. But hey, if you feel like you can obtain the long lost treasures of Eilistraee by facing him alone as a noble fighter, than your walk with Eilistraee will be cut short. "

Her voice softened as she walked past Eleak knowing to ask him to do something he would not agree with would be considered an insult. Her mind slowly calculated every spell with in her arsenal, and every clerical spell her brain could hold. Breathing deeply she looked back at Eleak as she walked back towards the house. " I will do this alone than. "

Gboy
Maid
Maid

Post by Gboy »

Eleak, not feeling magic placed upon him, wonders why Zelena is taking her time to do so. When Zelena walks past him and declares she is doing this alone, Eleak gets up and runs in front of her, blocking her path, and an angry look on his face. "You will not do this alone. I won't let you while I still live. There may be a difference between honour and wisdom, but there is also a difference between taking risks and being stupid. I am fighting by your side, whether you like it or not, and whether I like it or not. No blood will be shed today, save that of this wizard, I will make sure of it." Eleak's face then turns away from anger, towards a somewhat positive look. "So, are we going to do this together, or not at all?"
Zelena Nichole
Maid
Maid

Post by Zelena Nichole »

Zelena nodded as she looked at the back of Eleak. His body was turned to her, showed her much more respect than he knew. He trusted her, so much that he would turn his back upon her. Smiling she merely pressed a hand upon the back of his neck as she whispered a soft word....

The first spell relaxed the muscles but then sharpened that to that off inhuman status. It would give him speed and strength unknown to that of human and Drow warriors.

She whispered again, and slowly watched as the skin of Eleak began to harden. Selena placed a dragon stone armor upon the skin tips of Eleak.

Breathing deeply Selena focused upon the sword of Eleak as she merely cast an incantation again. A wind current blew towards that of Zelena, but as she finished her spell, the wind began to form around the sheath of Eleak. The wind would provide Eleak with a certain amount of magical defense as well as could shed through magical armors, in about three to four blows.

Turning around, She raised her arms and slowly begant o cast defenses for her body. She did not need the strength or the speed, but she did need defense against that of wizards. Smiling she then moved towards the house.

" You will be protected by the spells last only an hour.....we must work fast."

Gboy
Maid
Maid

Post by Gboy »

Eleak felt the magic flowing through him, and his breathing turned heavy. He had never allowed anyone to put this much magic through him at once, and he was almost certain he would never do it again. His body felt odd, and disoriented during each spell, but then it felt more powerful after the spell was complete. When they were all complete, Eleak swallowed hard, fighting the urge to vomit, but then rgained his composure, and turned back to Zelena. "Now that's more like it. We'll do this together. This wizard might be 'all powerful', but nothing can beat the power of friendship, or the sense of urgency to save a friend. As for working quickly," Eleak took the chance to practice a bit, waving his sword, walking around a bit, just to make sure his body still functioned normally, "I don't work any other way. Let's do this Zelena. Together."
Zelena Nichole
Maid
Maid

Post by Zelena Nichole »

With a silent notion, Zelena's SongSword slide through it's sheath. Her blade glared in the sunshine as she moved inside of the house. Her steps were silent and quiet as she brought a few more spells to mind quickly. She looked around trying to focus her energy upon the areas in which she felt magic. There was not one........there was many...the whole house....

" Eleak...if only you could see the power in this place....Defend yourself!"

Zelena thrusted her back against the wall as she raised a shield of ice before her body. The flames that came from the ceiling drenched down upon her body, but the shield held. She however felt the heat and it singed her only mildly.

Two Rock Golems appeared out of the closet and began their advance, each focusing their bodies upon that of Zelena...

" Rock Golems."

Gboy
Maid
Maid

Post by Gboy »

Eleak followed Zelena into the house, quietly scanning it for places of interest: cover, danger, collapsable, stable...everything could prove to be an advantage. Especially if this was a wizard, cover would be key.

Eleak barely had time to react and dive under a small couch before the flames fell from the ceiling. True, it was not the safest place when fire was falling, but it protected him. The bad thing was, Zelena was now out of his sight, and probably vulnerable. Eleak waited for the flames to die, and then rose from the now charred couch to better assess the situation.

To large golems, which seemed to appear from nothing, were now standing between him and Zelena. However, they had their backs turned. This was the perfect chance to strike. Eleak aprroached the golem from behind, and swung his sword directly at the middle portion, aiming to sever the beast, and hopefully save Zelena a bit of trouble.
Zelena Nichole
Maid
Maid

Post by Zelena Nichole »

~ Moving her body forward she slowly reversed the flow of the shield, using it's ice defensive formation to it's full effect in an offensive move. Converting the Ice Shield back into a mist form, Zelena breathed in the spell. Her cheeks slowly became icy blue, and with a huge exhale she blew the ice breath upon the two golems, slowly freezing both the golems into place.

" Destroy them! Quickly..while they are frozen."

Gboy
Maid
Maid

Post by Gboy »

"Don't need to tell me twice." Said Eleak, in a glad voice, his sword seeming to move of it's own accord into, and then through the two golems in only a few strikes. As the pieces were still falling, he went past them to Zelena, and asked, "Are you alright?"
Zelena Nichole
Maid
Maid

Post by Zelena Nichole »

Zelena barely began to recuperate herself when she jetted in front of Eleak.

" Careful!" She said as she raised another shield....Lighting bursted from the tips of a cane. It's lighting blinding the area, except for that of Zelena and Eleak, for her Wall of Earth absorbed the blast and made it travel to the ground. However the hair upon Zelena's head slowly stood partially up for she almost did not make it. Moving her hands downwards, the earth shield broke apart and reusing the effects of the shield, she created two of her own miniature earth golems.

[i:pyotfgnk]" So.....fools have come to disturb my rest......."[/i:pyotfgnk]

Darkness began to absorb everything in it's path as the cane that fired it's bolts slowly moved up right. In a flash, a white glove appeared next to the cane holding it. Slowly a dark figured phased into the room, allowing the darkness to overcome all of the light, except for that of Zelena and Eleak's eyes. Zelena's emerald eyes shined in the darkness. The wizard merely laughed, as he kept his distance. Zelena would sure he would be able to detect the magical presence of her own force, but she hide that of Eleaks. He would attack him first to merely get him out of the way, then focus all his might on her. She must let that happen...Timing Had to be perfect.

Zelena merely moved back into Eleak, trying to hide his form with her. Casting at the same time, she sent a bolt of jet blue towards the wizard, as she sent her two golems forward at a surprising fast motion.

" Eleak, if he attacks you...take the blow and feign defeat.....You cannot get close to him unless he thinks your paralyzed."

Gboy
Maid
Maid

Post by Gboy »

Eleak jumped a little when lightning flew by his head. He shook his head thinking to himself, I know better than to let my guard down, but then he turned back to the action, just in time to see everything turn black. Not even his dark attuned eyes could see what was happening, and he didn't like it. He could feel Zelena was near, and he could feel...something else, but he couldn't tell what.

Feeling Zelena back into him, and whisper to him, he whispered back, "Zelena, I'm no fool. I'll wait until the perfect time to deal the killing blow. Or to save you. But I will take the blow."
Zelena Nichole
Maid
Maid

Post by Zelena Nichole »

Zelena Merely moved away from Eleak, as she thrusted her body to the right, using her strength to aid her cause.

" Don't be a fool Eleak...do not take a blow for me, for you are the one who can do this. I am merely a pawn of magic....but your destiny knows no bounds. " Her voice edged upon the brink of his mind, but only if he sought her voice would he hear her with in his mind.

Raising her hand she began to cast again, but before she was down, a blow of air gripped her body and tossed her back against the wall of the house. Air fell out of Zelena's body as the walls around her cracked from the impact. Zelena let out a soft scream as she fell upon the ground, trying to assess how if anything broke. To her luck, most of her physical defensive measures protected her from critical damage. Whispering quickly she began to focus her energy...

~ Wizard of Death ~

Darkness was all that he knew....there was not else, nothing more, and nothing that mattered. His eyes narrowed as he raised his cane and brushed aside that of the bolt that was sent to his. Lowering her staff in the same motion, he sent an air blast towards the petty sorceress and it seemed to very much strike her true.

[i:18yw4mpj]" Stupid girl....what power do you believe you possess that can bring me down?"[/i:18yw4mpj]

The wizard's eyes however remained on the fighter as his laugh shook that of the very walls. " And you bring me a fighter? Ha!" Raising his hand, he slowly began to summon up a flame from the hells of his studies. The fire began to grow around his form, as he thrust it towards the body of the fighter. It hit, the flames would consume and devour the man. Turning his eyes to the golem, he only merely laughed and slowly began to channel another spell, one that would deal with both golems in one shot....

The end had already come.