A long lost Maiden

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Gboy
Maid
Maid

Post by Gboy »

Eleak could not help but pray for Zelena as she seperated herself from him. This wizard would easily do away with her, if not for him providing a distraction. He needed to keep the wizard's attention on him, to give Zelena time to deal the finishing blow. But only for a moment. After that, he needed the wizard to give all his attention to Zelena, to give himself the perfect oppourtunity to strike. Eleak felt a twang in his heart as he saw Zelena crash against the wall, and nearly ran to her, but he held his ground. He had to stick to the plan. There was no need to call out taunts, the wizards attention was already on him, and he was conjuring something to blast Eleak with. Eleak stood firm, going with the plan to take the blow - not entirely of course, that would be stupid - but enough to make it seem as though he was out of comission. On the outside, Eleak looked perfectly nervous, but on the inside, he was smiling. His necklace that he had under his shirt began to faintly glow, as the burst of flame approached. Eleak waited until just the right time, moved to the left a bit, and took a small blast in the shoulder. His necklace burned against his flesh, but other than that, he felt nothing. Eleak let out a cry of agony, and fell to the floor, writhing in pain for a few moments, then slowly, very slowly, stopping, and closing his eyes. Partially. He could still see what was happening, but to the casual observer, it would look like his eyes were shut. Now, it was just a matter of time before the wizard left a spot open. And all Eleak had to do was wait.
Zelena Nichole
Maid
Maid

Post by Zelena Nichole »

~Death Wizard~

His eyebrow perched as his senses told him the fighter had survived. A smile touched his face as slowly he cast a spell of dispell upon the golems. The spell reached outwards and began to surround the golems, with in a foot of where he stood. The dispel slowly began to disintegrate the earth golems making them useless piles of dirt. Raising his hand, the Wizard glared at the fighter and slowly laughed.

" You are with in my realm fighter.....I saw the magic of your artifact. You will die!"

His hands raised as poison slowly began to seep through the air towards the fighter. His eyes narrowed as his voice filled the air with is laughter.

~ Zelena

Her eyes marked that of death as anger slowly began to rise with in her blood. Slowly the heat with in her body began to rise, as she felt her blood magic slowly begin to take over. Breathing deeply, she merely used the dispel of her golems to her advantage as she raised it from the ground, and thrashed it towards the body of the Wizard. The piles of dirt hit the wizard almost like a hail storm would strike down a human. " Yes" He left his guard down. Slowly reforming the earth she twirled it around the image of the Wizard as she sent forward a strong burst of wind, one that would take away the poison that the wizard conjured. The wind would dissipate the cloud and sent it towards another room.

Next Zelena finished her combo with a multi cast. It was an alighment of three spells to be cast all with in seconds of another. the chances of doing this was slim, but she felt the charge with in her, as her blood magic made it possible, and turned that chance into reality. Slowly Zelena dropped a dead zone around the room they were in. The dead zone would negate magic around them. With that down, non of the magic that a user could cast, would work, however it did not negate enchantments and effects that were already cast before the dead zone was placed. They defensive would be up, while his down. Rushing forward Zelena called for Eleak. Withdrawing her SongSword she rushed the Wizard. " Eleak!"
Being Half Human and Half Drow, Noone in the UnderDark Expected anything from her. That of course.....was their mistake.

Tluin Kitrye Rivvil lu' Kitrye Ilythiiri, Non wun har'oloth Expected jalbol dal ilta. Nindel d' heen.......zhahus ninta duanda.
Gboy
Maid
Maid

Post by Gboy »

Eleak could only sigh as the wizard spoke. Of course, magic user, magic senser...they're all the same. Eleak's grip tightened on his sword, he felt it singing inside his body. However, it was too close to the end. He was helpless, the wizard knew he was alive...his chances were slim for living.

Just then, a powerful burst of wind blew the hair out of his face. Eleak couldn't open his eyes for a while, but shortly after the wind stopped, he opened his eyes a tiny bit, to see Zelena in a position of power over the wizard, making complex movements with her hands. Eleak did not move, for fear of distracting her. However, Zelena then charged at the man, calling for him to aid her. With a quick acrobatic movement he had learned from his friend, he flipped onto his hands and readied his sword in one swift motion, and then charged at the wizard, yelling "I'm on it!"
Zelena Nichole
Maid
Maid

Post by Zelena Nichole »

~ The battle had changed and with the dead zone in place, Zelena and Eleak were far beyond a match for this Wizard. Zelena knew he held enchantments for magic against the Dead Zone awakening however when she observed the linen that circled the house, she caught and disabled them. It was her expert planning and was causing her an advantage over an adversary of great skill. Zelena rushed forward, her sleek blade slide through the air, as she jumped forward, and placed her free hand upon the ground. Pushing upwards, Zelena flipped into the air, high above that of the wizard, quickly slashing downwards towards the Wizard's back trying to slash across the spinal cord, which would make the wizard's moments sluggish. She needed Eleak however, to administer the finishing blow...for she could not penetrate deeply into the guarded form of the Wizard. His defense were too strong, but she knew the magic placement she put on Eleak would rip them to shreds.

~ The Death Wizard ~

Anger filled his eyes as that bitch sorceress got the best of the situation. With a flick of the wrist his cane came into play. He activated the wards of reversal that would defeat the dead zone. A smile touched his face as he knew they would destroy those petty spells. Watching, however as the Dead Zone got stronger, fear came into the Wizard's eyes. They were dispelled? His mind screamed with anger as that filthy sorceress placed illusions over the sensors.

" I will kill you, you Half breed twit!" His voice roared, but before he could move, a slash appeared upon his back. However by moving forward slightly, it was merely a flesh wound, and he took no more damage. His movements were not perfect but neither were they sluggish as he knew is what she indeed. Turning around, he thrusted the cane forward, igniting the tip of the cane. " Die" Flame burst from the tip and attempted to consume the Wizard...the flame would not go out until the Wizard's will released the power......His eyes then widened as he couldn't stop his will from releasing the power of his cane...." No..." He said under his breath as he stood there, non moving.....

~ Zelena

Feeling her slash work across that of the Wizard's back she knew it did not bite deep enough to impair him however she did not care. The trap was set....Moving her sword back a bit, she gasped. Praying to her goddess, she felt the full fury of the Flames as it consumed her body. Flames bit and rushed into her skin charring and burning her nerves. Blood began to show as she lifted her sword, it's steel blade, one of the legendary song Sword, blazed red, but then suddenly turned blue. Eilistraee was with Zelena, and she guided Zelena's strength. Her pray was met in full with raw power, as the grace of the Dark Maiden began to pour around her body, regenerating her beauty. Slowly Zelena activated a shield, one that would block the fire, but in doing so, Zelena used up the rest of her mana, except for one. A quick incantation caused the will of the Wizard to be frozen in thought. Zelena placed a will lock upon the wizard, making him focus all of his might upon destroying her, and only when she died would the lock be broken. Feeling the heat even through Eilistraee's Shield, Zelena screamed in fury and pain..." Eleak! Help me! .....HURRY...kill him!"
Being Half Human and Half Drow, Noone in the UnderDark Expected anything from her. That of course.....was their mistake.

Tluin Kitrye Rivvil lu' Kitrye Ilythiiri, Non wun har'oloth Expected jalbol dal ilta. Nindel d' heen.......zhahus ninta duanda.
Gboy
Maid
Maid

Post by Gboy »

Eleak let out a mighty roar upon hearing what the wizard said to Zelena, and rushed forward filled with fury, with full intent of killing the wiard, he slashed his swrod yelling, "Nobody calls her a half breed twit you b******d! DIE!" Eleak felt his sword wanting to pull him into the wizards gut, then moving up to his head and sever it from the rest of his body, ripping it's heart out on the way up.. If only it worked in reality, this would work, and hopefully, Zelena would be saved. This mans frail body would not be enough to withstand the force of his blow going through him. Eleak was not sure that even he could, so filled was it with rage, and fury.
Zelena Nichole
Maid
Maid

Post by Zelena Nichole »

The power of Zelena's will slowly began to fade as she held fast, trying to allow the wizard to be hurt internally. Breathing deeply, she screamed a roar of power, as she held her mind in place with that of the Wizard. The wizard tried very hard to knock her unconscious but she refused to fall her goddess. Hearing the sword upon that of the wizard's back, she understood that the spell she placed upon the sword would bit off the wizard's defenses and cleave him deeply. Knowing the end had come for their opponent Zelena thrust her body forward and rammed her own sword into the gut of the Wizard....

" It is over..." She whispered softly and then she felt the raw power of the wizard leave his eyes.

" Thank you..." The wizard sat softly as the body fell upon the ground, with two deep slashes across it's body....slowly the room began to rumble and Zelena stared at Eleak. " Quickly...there on the back room, there is the sword. The house is breaking down...Quickly...

Gboy
Maid
Maid

Post by Gboy »

Eleak let out a small sigh, which anybody could tell by which he was aggravated. "Oh, you nearly kill us and now that you're dying you help save us? Old man, you need to work something out in the afterlife. But thank you." And with that, ELeak hurried into the back room, coming out with a small bundle of velvet cloth with a hilt of a sword showing out the end. "Let's go Zelena. Lets repay Lolth's followers for all that they've done."
Zelena Nichole
Maid
Maid

Post by Zelena Nichole »

Zelena merely smiled at the Wizard and gently bowed her head...

" Your strength knows little bounds...en stow it upon this amulet to aid me."

Zelena's voice was soft and caring as she slowly faded towards Eleak, and moved out of the house. She felt an edge of sickness as she saw the room began to spin. Falling upon the grass, darkness over took her, as her energy failed her.

Gboy
Maid
Maid

Post by Gboy »

As Zelena dropped to the ground, Eleak slung the sword on his back, and did what he had done before as she had lost her strength. He picked her up, and carried her in his arms, smiling slightly and whispering to her. "There, there. You did very well back there. I owe you my life Zelena. Without you, the wizard would have definately killed me, and I would not breathe sweet life. I am in your debt, and will guard you until life slips from my corpse, or you release me." He chuckled to himself, knowing Zelena would not hear this as she was out cold, but it still felt good to at least admit it. Eleak walked into the forest, and felt that same pulling in his heart as he did before, and knew that Eilistraee was guiding him once again.
Zelena Nichole
Maid
Maid

Post by Zelena Nichole »

~Darkness came to her quickly and soon her mind fell out of her body. Her spirit, rose up from her body as she took in the surroundings...

" Am I dead? " She asked herself softly as she looked around. No she wasn't, but she wasn't in true reality. Gasping for air she wished her mind back into her body, but she could not return. Had she spent all of her energy and that of her life energy as well? Zelena had read once, that once mana of the caster was gone, magic could be sustained by life force. " Is that what I have done? Spent all my energy? No it cannot be...This is a trap a trick this is....." She felt warmth wrap around her body. Turning her eyes to her physical body, she saw Eleak pick her up. She say gentleness with in his eyes and with that, she moved closer to her body.....Trying to see what the man was saying Zelena could not make out his words....She however felt his strength and slowly blackness took over her body again..

Gboy
Maid
Maid

Post by Gboy »

Only a short walk from where the wizard's house had been, Eleak found a beat up shack that looked abandoned for many years. Not the cleanest place, true, but definately the right one, as it sung to him loud and clear. This was the next spot Eilistraee had chosen for him, while Zelena was with him. Carefully, he opened the door to a small room, with very little furnishing in it -merely a couple of chairs and a table- and Eleak was surprised to discover it had two floors. Walking up the stairs, he had found what he was looking for: a pair of beds. While of shoddy make, they were plentifully soft, which he found out when he lay Zelena down on one of them. Then, he went downstairs, picked up a chair, and returned to the side of the bed, sitting there to make sure nothing happened to Zelena while she was asleep, and that she awoke to a familiar face. While she was sleeping though, he also took out the sword that he had received - if you could say that - from the wizard, and unravelled it from the cloth that it was in. As the purple cloth fell to the floor, Eleak found a blade of some foreign crimson metal that he had never heard of in his life. The sword was perfectly balanced between the hilt and the blade, and it was handsomely decorated with runes of what seemed to be the draconic language. Perhaps this sword was forged of hardened dragon scales, but who knew. He stood and walked to the opposite side of the room from Zelena, and swung the sword a few times. It made a high pitched whistling with every swing, but it was a beautiful sound. Something told Eleak that there was more to it that what he originally saw, but he decided to put it away for now, and wait by the side of Zelena's bed for her to awaken.
Zelena Nichole
Maid
Maid

Post by Zelena Nichole »

Time had gone and passed with the sun, and soon the heat of the air smoothed over to that of the cold wind. Feeling her nerves again, Zelena shivered. Wait..I can move my body....I'm awake!

Zelena's eyes shot open and her very body jerked from her sleep as if she had been stabbed in the back. Looking around, tears filled her eyes as she sighed greatly. " Thank you Eilistraee....." She said softly as she bent her head down, feeling the throbbing of her pain.." I can't believe I used so much mana...I almost fell down for the count. " Breathing softly, she looked around and smiled. Eleak had taken cared of her again. She owed him more than he knew. Her gentle smile slowly faded as she felt a pulse with in her chest. Slowly unbuttoning a portion of her shirt, she reached in and withdrew the amulet. She closed her eyes and linked her mind with it, and with in moments, scrolls of spells were listed over her eyes...." It's a storage amulet...one that allows me to merely pick a spell with my mind and recite one word and one hand single and the stored spell is brought forth.....The amulet seems to have alot of spells the Wizard did not use....How lucky for me...." Zelena's voice was weak but her spirit never felt any stronger. Smiling she looked around with curiosity...

" Eleak...may I see your sword?" She said softly...

Gboy
Maid
Maid

Post by Gboy »

Eleak smiled as Zelena sat up and looked around. " Easy there - if you sit up too fast, it will knock you right down again. Blood needs to pump to your head, and after being down for so long, your heart's not used to pushing that hard. Just take it easy for now Zelena. You did great in that last battle." As Zelena examined the sword, he thought he heard some distant voice, but nothing distinguishable came through, so he payed it no mind.

When Zelena asked for the sword, Eleak immediately replied, "NO! It's MINE!" He stopped then, wondering what had just happened. He would have freely given the sword to her, but something caused him to act without thinking. Quickly, he said, "Sorry, that was rude of me, I don't know what happened. Of course you can see my sword Zelena."
Zelena Nichole
Maid
Maid

Post by Zelena Nichole »

Zelena looked at Eleak with a very serious look. Her eyes draped over him as if she was searching his soul for the meaning of his outburst. Her eyes grew wider for a split second before she caught her emotions and turned them back into a stoic form. Watching the edges of the sword, Zelena reached out and gently grabbed the sword. Slowly a voice began to churn in the distant. This sword.....

Zelena slowly gazed upon the crevices of the sword but as she attempted to touch the sword again, a crackle of lighting raised from her hands. Feeling the searing heat of it, Zelena threw the sword to the side, and then whispered a quick incantation causing the sword to stab into the ground. Her face turned very serious as she got up and walked over to Eleak, still faintly hearing the voice int he background....

" You know what this means....That sword...it's cursed...It's an sentient item....it must be destroyed....but like you I too like what power it holds....We must travel to a portion of the UnderDark. With in a cave that is guarded by Spider Watchers there lays a gauntlet, one that will block the power of this sword from affecting you. It's will is very strong...and I fear that without a mental block you will not be able to overcome it's power...When you are ready, take the sword and come downstairs....My mental block will take a very huge amount of power.."

Gboy
Maid
Maid

Post by Gboy »

Eleak held Zelena's gaze, in a somewhat pleading stare. He had not meant to yell so loudly at her, and looking away would seem as though he did. However, when he did it, it felt so good...

As Eleak watched Zelena holding the sword, something began bubbling up inside of him, making him angry. He wanted Zelena to let go of the sword, give it back to him. As he was thinking this, he noticed a small shock pass through the sword, and into Zelena's hand. This felt very good, although consciously, Eleak did not understand why. He liked Zelena - she was a good friend, and a wise woman. But now... Eleak didn't know.

After Zelena threw the sword, Eleak felt a strong urge to chase after it, and pick it back up, but he did not have time, for Zelena use magic to drive it into the floor, and then interrupted him going for it by speaking to him. As he spoke, he never removed his eyes from the sword, feeling it call to him. "Why would the wizard give us a cursed sword? It's not possible, if you'll just let me have it again, I'll show you. But fine, we'll go to the underdark, get this gauntlet, just so you'll trust me with it.. I'm ready when you are. Let's go."