A long lost Maiden

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

IlseWitch
Maid
Maid

Post by IlseWitch »

~Ilse Witch ~

It was not Selena to toy with her own family, however Zelena had to know where her blood lineage laid. Selena was old, very old. She had seen nations rise and fall. She had seen people grow old and die, even in drow years. Being an immortal had that ever stoic effect on ones life. Selena felt magic being emitted from Zelena and she then knew that Eilistaree would stand against her, for her favor was with Z. Selena sighed and raised her sword upwards drawing the tip of Zelena's sword up and to the side, allowing the sword to slide to the left of Selena's face. She moved effortlessly and slid her free hand towards the abdominal area. A slight glow covered Selena's hand. It was Selena drawing in the light to emit a slight sonic hit that would shake Zelena's body if she made contact the stomach section.
Zelena Nichole
Maid
Maid

Re: A long lost Maiden

Post by Zelena Nichole »

~*~ Zelena ~*~

Zelena felt her stomach convulse and her eyes wince, tears falling down the side of her cheek. Her body reacted as it should, and that was by flying backwards into the forest. Her body struck a tree that got caught in the way and broken bark flew everywhere. Her body made an indent in the tree where she hit. Due to her quick casting, she was able to harden her skin which took most of the impact, but it did not erase the pain. A moan came from Zelena's throat as she fell to the ground, causing the tree to sway slightly. She knew she was not strong enough to take on this woman. Eilistraee would not leave her and abandon her. Tears fell from Zelena's face onto the ground, as she struggled to stand up. Eilistraee will not abandon her. "She will not abandon me, and I will not abandon her!" Zelena's voice screamed, as she begged her priestess for strength. A white light formed around Zelena, as she continued to pray. Pain slowly began to fade as her eyes felt as if they were ancient. She felt a renewed power wash over her, an ancient power of lore. This woman wished to claim her, but she was no here to be claimed. She was Eilistraee's and by right, she belonged to this world and no other. Silver blades appeared around Zelena as she began to cast her spells. They spun around her, and accelerated with each passing second. Zelena sent them forth, and with each second they began to split into two, soon becoming hundreds of blades. Zelena was going to destroy whoever would stand against her and her goddess.
Being Half Human and Half Drow, Noone in the UnderDark Expected anything from her. That of course.....was their mistake.

Tluin Kitrye Rivvil lu' Kitrye Ilythiiri, Non wun har'oloth Expected jalbol dal ilta. Nindel d' heen.......zhahus ninta duanda.
IlseWitch
Maid
Maid

Post by IlseWitch »

- Ilse Witch -

It pained Selena to hurt an important part of her legacy. She regretted it, but nonetheless her family had and will always be stubborn. Eilistraee knew this, but of course, her family never did. Selena sighed as she just moved forward. Her magic was beyond simple spells. She stood there, swords crossed watching the woman call upon the power of Eilistraee. She watched the woman hone the goddess's power. Selena's family had belonged to Eilistraee in this life and beyond this life. The goddess would never kill Selena. Selena had been serving in the name of The Dark Maiden for over centuries. She only wished Zelena would had listened. Selena dropped her body, and then began to dance. Hundreds of blades passed Selena, as she weaved through them, moving as if the Dark Maiden possessed her. Her dance was beautiful and her footing was flawless, however there had been to many blades. Several of them cut Selena in the arms and legs, drawing blood, but instead of her blood flowing onto the ground, it clung to her skin. Such was the power of blood magic. It enhanced its caster, it made the caster's magic much more powerful. Selena beckoned the shadows towards her as she danced the maiden's dance. Tendrils of shadows reached out from the forest, behind Zelena, trying to wrap her and subdue her, before Selena would have been forced to destroy her. When Selena stopped her dance, the blades of Eilistraee fell to the ground, their silver glow faded and withered away.

"You are mine to claim child, for your blood is mine and Mine is yours. And I am here to give you a mission."
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

*The flow of power draws others eyes and I voice speaks* "No one owns another, if that was true one would be a spider kisser. Who claims all of the blood." *A moonbeam appears and a shape starts to form to match the voice.*
Zelena Nichole
Maid
Maid

Post by Zelena Nichole »

~*~ Zelena ~*~

Zelena was caught with in the tendrils of shadow. Her arms and legs were wrapped tightly and with that her body stopped. A frustrated growl left her lips. Eilistraee would not abandon her....She had been a servant of the Drow Goddess all her life and never would she turn from the moonlight. Zelena's struggles only caused the tendrils to tighten and with that, Zelena's only struggle forced her to take a knee from the pain. She breathed in deeply as her hair fell over her face, her eyes staring at the ground. Her will was not crushed, but she knew there was nothing she could do. Her faith wavered slightly as she tried her hardest to control her breathing. "I cannot be yours....I am Eilistra----" Her voice was cut off as she saw the moonlight appear out of no where. Zelena looked up and gasped. Was this the Dark Maiden? Her mind raced as she renewed her struggle against the tendrils of shadow. Was this the blessing Zelena asked for? Her muscles contracted as she pulled with all her might. She felt a snap, and instantly hoped it wasn't her own bones. When she observed the area, one of the tendrils snapped and with that the spell faded. Zelena fell to the ground, holding onto her wrists with her hands rubbing the circulation back into her limbs.
Being Half Human and Half Drow, Noone in the UnderDark Expected anything from her. That of course.....was their mistake.

Tluin Kitrye Rivvil lu' Kitrye Ilythiiri, Non wun har'oloth Expected jalbol dal ilta. Nindel d' heen.......zhahus ninta duanda.
IlseWitch
Maid
Maid

Post by IlseWitch »

~*~ IlseWitch ~*~

Selena's emerald eyes turned towards the voice. Its omnipresence seemed to fill the area with a radiating power. Selena had chosen the Dark Maiden as the religion of her family many centuries ago, but that did not mean she would allow any god or goddess to interfere with her blood line. The Nichole family was a prideful family, and would fight anyone who would interfere with their mission. Eilistraee had always been an understanding Goddess and Selena wished for her to be understanding again. If not, Selena knew sadness would flutter her heart, and the heart of her people. This sadness however, would soon be erased with time, and soon the next generation would feel a small portion of it, then the next generation would only hear legends of it, and then the next generation would never have known the deepness of their lost. Time itself, was something that even the gods seldom played with. Forestry hues focused on the moonlight as Selena nodded her head towards the moonlight. She still held her guard up, holding onto a substantial portion of her magic. If this was a trick of Lloth then she would be ready. Selena responded, her voice spoke of melody but also as if she spoke to a friend of ancient times.

"Through blood, This child is mine. Her choices are of her own, but the will of my family will always be done. I claim not one of your children, but one of mine Dark Maiden, for our choice to serve you has always been a choice. The threads of life form around this single choice. I will not be denied my blood. We have served you unquestioningly our whole lives, always doing your bidden. It is now that that she does my bidding as well. It is her duty as one of my descendants."

Selena looked back and gazed at Zelena as she felt her spell snap and break. She breathed deeply and looked at the forming image, her features relaxing as she stared into the moonlight. She had missed that feeling, for it had been long since she last called upon the might of Eilistraee to aid her in battle. Some say she disappeared from the world, while others say she gave up her life for a chosen, while very few whispered erratic rumors of her murder by Lloth. Selena however would stand her ground on this manner. This child was unquestionably hers. She would not be denied.
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

The moonlight spreads and forms a circle of light of 30 feet from the figure that stands at the center. A drow female, armed with two swords, and bastard sword draped over her back as are a quiver of arrows and a bow. Her silver hair is long enough to know that she has lived at least a few hundred years. She wears no armor, though the holy symbols she wears, indicate she almost certainly has followed the faith for many years. As the old sword symbol is one of them.

"Come into the moonlight both of you, remember the blessings of Lady Silverhair, join me that we sisters can find the the Dream of the Light above." Eyes take in the scene and considers the words and actions. Zelena looks toward you. "Are you in need of healing?"

Selena, then eyes turn to you. "What right do you claim blood of a Drow, no Drow shall be killed unless Evil. All that Follow the Dark Maiden are indeed her children. If the child has erred there are better ways to redeem your blood line. Come into the circle."
Zelena Nichole
Maid
Maid

Post by Zelena Nichole »

~*~ Zelena Nichole ~*~

She shook her head as she moved forward, her form showing the grace of a Drow as she glided across the forest. Her eyes locked on Selena hoping that this woman would let her pass. This moonlight was not one of Eilistraee herself, but of another chosen of Eilistraee. Zelena smiled deeply, as she moved forward. Her body froze than, as if something blocked her from moving. Her muscles contracted to move forward but something blocked her. She felt as if darkness was going to consume her. The pit of her stomach seemed to burn, as she fell to her knees holding her mid section. "What is happening..." Zelena's voice broke with pain as she bent her head down, and fell upon the ground. She looked at the light, wishing there was something she could do to enter it. She had served Eilistraee well, and always wanted to be a hero of Eilistraee....Darkness told her mind, and Zelena's eyes closed. Zelena was not dead, her consciousness had determined that, however she was placed into a sleep state. Zelena cried in her dreams, but no one would hear her. No one would care....

Darkness falls.....

IlseWitch
Maid
Maid

Post by IlseWitch »

~*~ Ilse Witch ~*~

The answer was no...

Lady Silverhair.......

Selena did not care if Eilistraee herself came from the heavens to stand before Selena. This child shared the legacy of the Nichole Family. Selena did not wish for the child to die, but nevertheless she would be in control of her family. The Masked Lady would have to wait on Zelena. Selena cast a spell of darkness on Zelena, putting her mind into a coma type sleep until Selena would release it. The moonlight was very tempting for it had been so long since she had danced in the light. However, now was not the time to worship. "I am truly sorry Lady SilverHair, but this Drow...This Human who is before you, must learn her past before she can proceed with the future. Mystra understands this, and I am sure Eilistraee will as well." Selena spoke without fear as she walked over to Zelena and bent down over her body. Withdrawing a knife, Selena cut her left hand with it, and drew a witch's circle upon Zelena's neck. Whispering something, Selena began to channel her energy drawing in the power of nature around her to aid her in her task.

"Eilistraee's child will be returned to you when I am done." Selena said in a soft voice. "Then i will fade into the wind.....and watch over my family as I have always done."
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

OOC: Lady Silverhair is one of the names of Eilistraee, http://trismegist.narod.ru/de_eilistraee_eng.html (older Edition).
IC:
There becomes sadness in eyes as she looks at the two that claim to be sisters.

Zelena a bean of moonlight stretches out from the circle seeking to give you light and healing. A voice whispers into your dreams. " Come into the Light, I am here for you."

Selena eyes turn again to you. "Blood and blood magic. Indeed powerful things. I though claim I have a greater right to her then you do. She broke an oath to our goddess. After I have dealt with that and if the Goddess wills, she will be returned to her family. Stand against a sister and you will indeed fall and need to select another that might take you to grant your magic. Those that do Evil are not protected by the Lady of the Dance as you should well know. Release her to me or face me and your goddess for who has the first claim to the child."
IlseWitch
Maid
Maid

Post by IlseWitch »

OOC: Ahh Thank you. It sounded Familiar, but I didn't have time to look it up. I appreciate the website.

IC:

~*~ IlseWitch ~*~

Selena's eyes watched the light laid upon the form of Zelena. Selena did not mind that fact that Eilisraee wanted this child, but that did not mean Eilistraee was going to get her wish as rapidly as she asked. Selena licked the tip of her wounds before her other hand, pressed against the back of Zelena's neck. The blood seal began to glow before it darkened and seeped into the skin of the Zelena. Selena felt the sadness grow with in her soul as she looked up, her dark cloak, slowly covering Zelena's body from the light. A smile appeared across the woman's face as she took note of the threat of Eilistraee's withdrawing her support from the Nichole family. Those who followed the priestess path, loved to call upon the power of their goddess, however Selena was a Sorceress, not a priestess. Though she knew how to call upon Eilistraee in times of struggle she did not need her in order to use magic.

"I would say you can have her, Eilistraee." Selena spoke softly, finally recognizing the woman for what she was. "But that is out of the question. Selena breathed in deeply as she bent down over Zelena. She opened her mouth, and gave her last final breath. A spark of twilight, both light and darkness, emerged from Selena's mouth, and slowly flowed into Zelena, giving her mind back its mentality. Selena's body fell limp upon the ground, before the blood of it, dried up, and the bones of the body faded to dust. The IlseWitch, no longer stood before Eilistraee, but in the same thought, neither did Zelena.
Zelena Nichole
Maid
Maid

Post by Zelena Nichole »

~*~ Zelena, Maiden of the Nichole Family ~*~

Light.....Light was always something Zelena tried to gain. She always wanted to be welcomed in with Eilistraee's chosen, to be a woman of legend. She wanted to serve her goddess and protect her name, against all evils. She also wanted to fall in love. She wanted to live peacefully in a small town, with her own house and raise kids. She wanted everything that lower citizens had and did not cherish. Tears even broke from Zelena's eyes as she realized that her life and reality, was no closer to her dreams, than she had been twenty years ago when she was a young one.

Choice. That was what Selena offered Zelena. In the darkness of her mind, did Zelena feel different. She felt safe, and when the blood had entered her body, memories began to flood. Memories of different languages, different times...memories of her family, her mother, her father, her ancestry. Memories of spells, ones strong enough to wreck havoc upon the lands, spells strong enough to break the earth in twain. She saw all that Selena had saw, and with that she saw her choice. Zelena's eyes opened, as she starred upon the moonlight that shined over her face. Her emerald eyes, lost in color, changing constantly according to her emotion. In sequence, they turned from white, to black, from black to green, and from green to blue. The weave of magic, seemed to swell upon Zelena's shoulders, as she slowly got up. She could smell everything around her to a very special degree that she can tell what each scent was. Her drow skin, seemed a bit lighter, as if Selena's breath replaced that of her pigment. She was half human, that was true, but drow still ran deep into her veins...or did it. Had her body been reconstructed from Drow to Dark Elf? Was there a difference? Zelena slowly looked at her goddess and her eyes once filled with overwhelming wonder seemed puzzled.

"What oath hath I broken Eilistraee?" Zelena's voice was soft, but it held no point of fear or awe. Something was different. Something felt different.....Over time...Zelena would understand it all.

Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

The scene is not pleasant to watch, the one merging into the other. As there is only one to speak to replies to the form that likely contains both.

"The use of blood magic in the forest is the oath you broke to defend yourself. I had hoped to rescue you, but it may be I came too late. Come into the Light. Or would you have me come to you? " Steps one pace toward you and the circle of light comes one step closer to you.
Zelena Nichole
Maid
Maid

Post by Zelena Nichole »

~*~ Zelena Nichole ~*~

"Blood spilled today was not of Drow my goddess. It was of my kin, and now I understand what she told me. I only serve you and your will Eilistraee, but why must we all be pawns, played upon a game board of good versus evil? I wish to be your chosen, but I cannot be that right now. If you wish to cut me off from my priestess powers, I understand, but I cannot step into the light with you right now. I still have a part to play in this world. I am sorry Eilistraee." Zelena spoke truly and she knew she spoke what her heart felt. The light was moving closer to Zelena and did not shy from it, but neither did she accept it. Partially because she did not know what the light was going to do and partially because Zelena felt Selena's magic in her. At first it was overwhelming, but with just a bit of focus, Zelena could control it. Mystra's weave, be her dead or alive, was still strong and even without that, Zelena could now understand how magic of anther nature was being performed. Her emerald eyes gazed at Eilistraee as she fell to one knee.

"What am I to do? Can I be torn in two with serving you and studying other magic?"

Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Zelena being believed to be the Goddess clearly helped avoid a battle, however also might have been the result of the merging that was seen.

"We are sisters, no more then that. You though live in shadow and light. There is nothing I know of that is wrong with that. Why is there Evil, you might ask Bane if he would speak with you. All I can do is offer you friendship, healing and maybe a little more Wisdom. The Dark Maiden watches over us both and wishes joy for both of us. There should be no reason moonlight would harm you, either of you. I only came because I heard a cry for help. My name is Tell'ahar, I am from the temple of the glade of meadows. Thinking more then I am might have caused the actions I saw. She could have stopped it, now you are two in one. I will offer what help I can, but not sure what I can do for you both. Fearing moonlight because of the shadows is something I have little knowledge of."