[ARENA] A Friendly duel

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Elrohir
Regular

Quin Kain

Post by Elrohir »

The sound of steel on steel perked this old mans ears. Comeing within the range of the steelsong. The Old and bent man sat wearily next to a tree so that both the combatants were before him. A lap Biwa lay across his lap now as he found the harmony within the blades. Plucking string by string with precice accuracy to the next ring of the blades.

A pleasant aroma fills the air as the soft glow of a long wooden pipe ignights the shadow from under his widebrimed straw hat.
Violet flames Hail my comeing. Cold oblivion swirls in my passing. But pain and agony beyond comprehenssion reaps in my presance. Odion Demonius Archmage Eternal of the Midnite Academy.
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Zelena Silverstrike is not one to be fooled easy or quck, its task to stop your blade from harming its friend. As the images appears Silverstrike pauses as the sword to defend from is not detected as you phase away. Not seeing the images you formed waits only to detect your songsword again.

As you appear behind Brenner and thrust your shield toward his back, he falls forward to hitting the ground, but the fall turns into a tumble and a twist as he regains his feet and is facing you. "A good play indeed, but not close enough for a kiss"

As the sounds of music nears, holds up a hand "Another comes perhaps to interfer with our play? Or just to watch, perhaps we should suspend until we knowwe are both safe?"

Silverstrike steaks toward your sword to parry it even as Brenner speaks.

"Silver wait, watch" The blade stops a few feet from Zelena, waiting to parry your snog sword should it move to attack him.
Zelena Nichole
Maid
Maid

Post by Zelena Nichole »

She almost moved to deflect and possible dispel the rapier from existence, however before she finished she stopped, allowing her shield to move upwards in front of her body as a defense against the rapier. She merely smiled as she lifted her gaze towards the newcomer.

" I believe he has come to observe and play us such a tone of our duel, but perhaps we should ask him? I'll leave that work to you. " Her voice only giggled as she shook her head, knowing that she would never kiss the man, nor would she want to. Crouching down, Zelena only made her body as small of a target as she could as she waited for her opponent to question the other.

A smirk fell over her lips as she lifted a brow. " And I do hope my shield did not harm your back. If you want I can give you a massage later. "
Being Half Human and Half Drow, Noone in the UnderDark Expected anything from her. That of course.....was their mistake.

Tluin Kitrye Rivvil lu' Kitrye Ilythiiri, Non wun har'oloth Expected jalbol dal ilta. Nindel d' heen.......zhahus ninta duanda.
Elrohir
Regular

Qin Kain

Post by Elrohir »

Stoping his song as the sound of steel had stoped giving him no beat to pluck his strings too. Looking up from his lap biwa. From under the large round straw hat milky white eyes stare out into oblivion.

Befor you sits a human man around the age of 75 with a stringy long white bear and foomanchoo mustash a long wood pipe comeing from his weathered lips. His cloths look old and dirty and slightly tattered with bare feet Though a glint of shiney metal can bee seen on his forearms through the holes on his sleeves. He seems to be wearing layers to keep warm. His hands are gnarly and beaten with age and experiance of adventure.

"Please contenue i was enjoying the song. When you are finished perhaps you could show me a thing or two."

A slight smirk spread on his lips as he took a long draw from his opium pipe.
Violet flames Hail my comeing. Cold oblivion swirls in my passing. But pain and agony beyond comprehenssion reaps in my presance. Odion Demonius Archmage Eternal of the Midnite Academy.
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Zelena step back a step as Silverstrike watchs you, it would not be so pasive if it knew you planned its distruction'.

"As my Lady requests I shall do." *winks to you then turns to face the old appearing human, eyes though looking for more. With no weapon at ready decides to acept his words at face value for now. Turns back to face Zelena. "On the surface he appears harmless, shall we resume?"
Zelena Nichole
Maid
Maid

Post by Zelena Nichole »

A smirk fell upon the face of Zelena as she slowly looked at the old man and merely tilted her head. Her eye brow lifted slightly ass he regarded the old man. She did not really want another to know what she was capable of, but if it was the old man's wish to watch then it was her choice to let it. Thinking it over, she asked Eilistraee for assistance, but she knew what her goddess would say. Nodding towards her opponent, Zelena lifted her body slightly and thrust out her right foot. Her foot hit the ground and she used that force to throw her body back, so she may gain distance from the man. As she fell back she allowed her back to curve as she rolled. She then slammed her shield upon the ground, and whispered a quick word. The ground only shimmer as a rumble was heard throughout the forest. The strike caused her body to be lifted up and she landed gracefully upon her the soles of her feet. She slowly thought of another spell and she began to sing again, moving several implements into place.
Being Half Human and Half Drow, Noone in the UnderDark Expected anything from her. That of course.....was their mistake.

Tluin Kitrye Rivvil lu' Kitrye Ilythiiri, Non wun har'oloth Expected jalbol dal ilta. Nindel d' heen.......zhahus ninta duanda.
Elrohir
Regular

Qin Kain

Post by Elrohir »

Patiently awaits the sound of steel on steel again. So that he may play another song. The sweet smell of herb filling the air once more as another long puff of smoke filled about his straw hat.

"When you get done we can share a pipe and a bun."

Plucks his stings to the comeing sounds of steel on steel
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

The wait for blade on blade might take a bit of time as the ground shakes from Zelena's shield slaming and magic. Brenner leaps toward her "Silver now" in a bound that clears the planted shield, Silverstrike crages as well to once again engage the song sword. With sword swinging toward Zelena's neck raises his own sword, one of the high hunt. An aura of magic might be detected.
Zelena Nichole
Maid
Maid

Post by Zelena Nichole »

Zelena reacted with speed that unhumanlike, but indeed it was true, she wasn't entirely all human. Moving her song sword upwards, she placed it before her neck, allowing the blade to strike against her beautiful sword. A clang of steel rang through out the forest as Zelena spun. She used her sword, which was still resting against the blade of the rapier as she blocked it, to keep it at bay. As she spun only she shouted a quick word. Using the momentum of her turn, she threw her shield at the body of the oncoming human. The shield magically slipped from her arm and spun towards the human. The magical side of the shield would harm anything for they were sharp when called upon. The shield however had other magical implications on it, but Zelena decided to begin to parry the rapier instead. It wasn't time yet to destroy the thing.

Elrohir
Regular

Post by Elrohir »

With the sweet sweet ring of steel on steel his fingers twanged along the higer pitched tones.matching each strike with four quarter notes as his fingers masterfully plucked each string. comeing to an almost dead silence as the sheild went flying through the air. Draging his fingers up along the strings the sound from a deep bass and rising untill the sheild conects to its target. Flicking both hands acrossthe strings sending a loud and dramatic sound through the air. Pausing slightly and awaiting for the next moves keeping a quarter note beat by plucking a single string two diffrent ones one after another to keep the pace of the battle.

*Magic of the instrament*
When a song is played during a battle the notes come into tune with the warriors movements, and the biwa of the seven heavens notes link the battle to Qins mind, and if the battle is truely passionate. A masterfull peice is played and the power of the Ancestrial red dragon of Luck in battle may indecicively change the movements of the warriors. this only works if the warriors are true warriors at heart, And are free of Discord (chaos)

*A basic rundown*
Qin can change the outcome of a battle by touching the spirits of the warriors. Much like the Quivering palm ability just used diffrently.
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Fighting Silverstrike is not like fighting a blade held by hand, it dances with your songsword from all sides circling your blade in ways that no blade fighter can do. Strikes at your blade come from the East, then West, and down. Your swinging away does not escape your blade as SilverStrike moves as fast as you do.

Brenner watches Silver and also your shield and sword then decides his actions even as the music of the spectator begins again. When the shield flys toward him, with a grin hops, the hop bringing him over the shield and you and as he lands lightly at your back, taps your hip with the flat of his sword.

"How long should we continue this, Silver will not get tried and I am still fresh?
Zelena Nichole
Maid
Maid

Post by Zelena Nichole »

The shield, a complex spell that only Eilistraee's power was strong enough to keep the shield in place and strong. Only through Eilistraee's death would the shield completely cease to exist. That was the power of the priestess who were chosen. Zelena already perceived the actions of the man, but did he truly think that she was that slow to allow someone to jump over her, and then tap her on the bottom with their sword?

She merely stepped forward, out of the reach of the length of the sword. She turned around and merely smiled wickedly, keeping the magical rapier at bay with her fast reaction. The power though she invested in the power of the blade by her song, however held implements of magic that would affect the blade, she however just had to keep the blade still enough to strike it hard enough to shatter it. " Good one, but not close enough......" Zelena slowly dropped into a crouch, as she stood within a few feet from her opponent. As she dropped a second later, her shield came flying back, much like a boomerang would when thrown. The shield touched the tip of her hair, as it was merely seconds away from hitting her opponent. Zelena used her body to block her opponents view of the shield, knowing it would come back.

Elrohir
Regular

Post by Elrohir »

His song though played beautifully to the sounds of steel on steel. It abruptly ended with a twang of all four strings in a harsh tone. The next thing known is that the sheild had been stomped into the ground as a small cloud of dust poofed from the earth. Atop the sheild stands a small old man standing maby 5'4" Wearing the same straw hat he was wearing before as well as the tattered dark grey vagabond rags. Standing with two fingers pointed up at his moveing lips as he whispered something in an unrecognisable language. (Ancient Chinese) Then he stops his chant.

"I have no weapons but neither of your best efforts will defeat me. Though only the power of your goddess can will my defeat."

Atlast he shouts

"ICHI NO BANA!!!!"

The world and time it self seemed to slow as the old man Ran his fist twords the earth A mount of green and red energies were pulled to the fist as it plunged into the earth time became normal again as an explosion of Raw force emerged from around him (Force Nova it exploads in a twenty foot radius) The sheild below him would become dispelled for the moment untill summoned again. By the Ancient magics of a nere frogotten pantheon.

He followed the Explosive ring before it finished (I am going to assume that neither of you are immune to raw force and are cought off guard by the suprise attack If theres a problem we can discuss later) Chaseing The man with the dancing sword and catching up to him even before the end of the ring of force leaping up and nerely walking up the mans body but instead of gently walking Kicking multiple times in a flurry of blows to the stomach and chest area. Then as the ring catches up with them He gave one furrious stomp to the chest to change the direction and flow of energies about him forceing his opponent to the ground. After contact he wasent there for long as he gracefully leapt from the body in a backwards flip with a rotation to place him behind the chaseing dancing sword. Awaiting the swords simple yet mundane move as it is not fighting another blade. But a Living master of his mind body and spirit. All the while his ears peark to the woman behind him.
Zelena Nichole
Maid
Maid

Post by Zelena Nichole »

The interest fell from the eyes of Zelena as she watched the male interfere. A smile touched her lips as her shield had been destroyed by this man. Her head tilted as she shook her head. That was rude, I put alot of thought in that shield, a spell that she herself has forged over the centuries. Shaking her head, Zelena moved back from the man old and walked over to her black cloak, and drew it across her back. Her breathing was hard, and her body was tired. Her muscles ache, though receiving no flesh cut, except parts in which the male slapped her with his flat blade, she stretched.

Moving her cloak in a fitted fashion, she turned around and sheathed her SongSword. Yawning, she merely walked towards the forest, taking measure of the man she was fighting. His fighting style was awkward at best. She could not remember his name, for it did not hold importance to her, but his face, she would never forget.

" You can have him Old man." Was all she said as she journeyed back down her road.