[CAMPAIGN] Portal to the Realms or A Gateway to Hell

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

silke_rahn
Regular

[CAMPAIGN] Portal to the Realms or A Gateway to Hell

Post by silke_rahn »

Introduction: On a hill over looking the small Kansas town of Stull lies the remnants of a long abandoned stone church. Until seven years ago the shell of this church stood over the site of a portal. This portal was rumored by local college students over the last forty years to be a gateway to Hell.

You and your party have been wondering through the High Forest in northwestern Faerun on Toril. Near evening your group come up to a circle of stones. Old Runic markings encircle a central arch of standing stones.

As you and your friends search for a place to rest the center of the stone arch begins to glow.
Drow on the Surface face as many dangers as those in the Underdark. Just because the Rivvil is friendly does not mean he wishes to help you, he may just want to get you off guard before knifing you.
Elrohir
Regular

Ysuran

Post by Elrohir »

Approaching the circle of stones. Pausing from the large Black Tome he was reading. Walking within the circle and resting against the center stone arch sliding down its length to come to a rest on his bottom. The stone felt cool to his bare backed skin. Pale white skin in contrast to his midnight blue Long silky hair. Black leather pants with tall soft leather boots. A large black book splayed open on his lap. The edges of the paper rimed with what used to be gold but withered by age. Paled and whitend eyes gaze into the book. Only the black spec of a pupil is truely visable in his eyes.

"Tholalia ei vali sai vaer tia shaesia thaer." (Elven)
"Finaly a place to rest my weary feet." (Common)
Violet flames Hail my comeing. Cold oblivion swirls in my passing. But pain and agony beyond comprehenssion reaps in my presance. Odion Demonius Archmage Eternal of the Midnite Academy.
silke_rahn
Regular

Post by silke_rahn »

From the stone arch comes the sounds of things moving at a high rate of speed and other sounds similar the screams of banshees.
Drow on the Surface face as many dangers as those in the Underdark. Just because the Rivvil is friendly does not mean he wishes to help you, he may just want to get you off guard before knifing you.
silke_rahn
Regular

Post by silke_rahn »

From the portal a glowing light emminates for a few seconds. Out of the light emerges a black leather and chain armor clad female half-drow with short spiky whitish blond hair. Her skin is nearly the same tone as her full drow kin. Her eyes are an icy blue, almost the color of glacier ice.

The half-drow looks around and spot the figure reading the ancient tome.

"Pardon me do you know the way to Silvery Moon?" said the half-Drow.
Sabaal
Hero||Heroine

Post by Sabaal »

Silke: Elrohir asked me to please tell you that his computer crashed friday nite during an electrical storm and he's still working on it, so he won't be online for a while. He asked me to apologise for him to you and to be patient with him please.
Elrohir
Regular

Ysuran

Post by Elrohir »

Startled from the strange emminations the stone gave way but yet currious as to what was affecting it so, and to where the sounds were comeing from. As the woman steped forth clad in armor and dressed as a warrior type of his dark kin. Then a puzzled look crossed his face as the woman spoke.

"Silverymoon? hmm well i guess it would be in the sky since Lunitari is silver and its a moon. Where did you come from?"

he asked as he came closer to the portal reaching a hand twords its opening pathway to another realm. His pale white fingers just graceing the magical light of the portal.
Violet flames Hail my comeing. Cold oblivion swirls in my passing. But pain and agony beyond comprehenssion reaps in my presance. Odion Demonius Archmage Eternal of the Midnite Academy.
silke_rahn
Regular

Post by silke_rahn »

From a place some distance above the meadow of the stone circle a graceful pegasus glides in a gentle circular path looking down on the area around the central arch like structure of the long ancient henge. The flying horse notices two figures one a pale kin to the other. The pale elven male is greating with some puzzlement the arrival of a dark elven or maybe even half-dark elven female warrior.
silke_rahn
Regular

Post by silke_rahn »

OOC: now I am back to being the half-Drow female warrior.

IC: "Oh forgive me. I am Ursula Rahn, a cleric and ranger of Eilistraee as well as sister to the ranger-rogue Silke Rahn. I am suppose to catch up with her in Silvery moon, but I had a slight delay. You see I was running late, my sisters call it running on Ursula time, but anyway I was so late that the local county Sheriff's deputy patrolling the stretch of road near Stull cemetery and the remains of Old Stull Church just did not appreciate that fact. He pulled me over and ticketed me for going about ten miles an hour over the posted speed limit on that road. I think that delay may have caused me to not catch the right diminsional jump to the Realms from where I have been the last several years."

The Moon Elf (OOC: Elrohir I am assuming that your character is a Moon-Elf mage or is he just an Albino High-Elf mage?) notices that the Half-Drow is a friendly if somewhat scatter witted sort. Ursula as she calls herself is wearing black brigandine armor over black chainmail over a black gambeson. Her head is bare bare of adornment or armor except for a fine silver chain headband with a small symbol of Eilistraee hanging from it at her forehead. She carries a long sword with a circularly twisted steel hilt and two small daggers in likewise small sheaths on the sword's scabbard on her right hip, a larger hand-and- a- half sword or bastardsword hangs from a back hanger baldric over her left shoulder, and just to the left of a small black leather pouch and just before a larger black leather pouch slight to the rear of her belt hangs a nearly shortsword lenght dagger. The hilts of two more possibly smaller daggers peak from the tops of her boots. From a chain around her neck dangles another little medalion. It looks to be, but you are not so sure, a symbol worn by those belonging to the Harpers. Over her left shoulder also peeks the fletchings of a dozen arrows and in her right hand is a laminated composite longbow of a custom built design made by an artisan not from the Realms.

Ursula as if suddenly relizing that she has forgotten her manners quickly transfers the bow to her left and offers her right in a sign of friendship. "Again sorry to startle you in your studies. I am as I said Ursula Rahn. I was born near this very henge a long time ago. Ever hear of the town of Morn's Forge. If not don't be so upset about it the Forge has been in ruins for years now and possibly none live that remember it except those of us that escaped through this very arch to that other world to start a new life away from the troubles and tribulations of the Realms."
Elrohir
Regular

Post by Elrohir »

listening to her everyword but puzzled himself about what she was talking about. Nevertheless he couldent even remember his own name or where he came from. Just bits and peices of dreams of his homeland come to him in restless nights. But as a wellmannered self respecting elf. He took the hand of the warrior cleric named Ursala Rahn. Bringing it to his lips but not pressing them to them a sign of respect and pleasure to meet the person.

"A pleasure to meet you Ursala Rahn. I am unknown to my self as much as i am to you. Last I remember is wakeing up in an open feild of wheat grass a few moons ago. I have this book but i cant seem to read or understand what it is. (Notes the book in his left hand. Blackened human flesh leathers its cover. Infernal runes scarred into the flesh bound leather. Five socets for quarter sized gemstones lay empty upon an Evil Penticle the scratchings of an Eye socket centers the penticle.) I do remember three moons tho. one pure white silver. Another Crimson Red. And another.... I know its there but i cannot see it i cant even recall the color."

He appeard to become lost in thought as the strangely pale elf pondered he looked to the sky and a look of suprise.

"What an odd looking creature."
silke_rahn
Regular

Post by silke_rahn »

"Yes she is an unusual creature," said a voice from behind the Elven mage.

Turning to look you see a woman of some Drow heritage, though she does not seem to be fully Drow. She wears a slightly pointed pot helm with a fixed nasal guard on her head over an arming cap and chain coif, a black leather vest of brigandine armor covers a shirt of chain worn over a cotton gambeson, and her forarms and hands are covered with steel and leather guantlets. Further examination shows that she wears leather legging stuffed into black leather boots.

"I am Ursula Rahn, Cleric and Ranger of Eilistraee, Harper Agent, and Priestess of the Church of Eilistraee on Earth," said the Drowish woman as she bows deeply before you.
Wolbacha
Maid
Maid

pwease

Post by Wolbacha »

looks around...
"Hey, mind if I join?"
pulls out dagger.
"Please?"
Elrohir
Regular

OOC:

Post by Elrohir »

OOC:Silke im alittle befuddled by your last post didnt ursula already introduce her self. to me it seems like shes reiterateing her self and introduceing her self again?