[ARENA] A Friendly Contest

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Qhell~Velladorn
Regular

A Friendly Contest

Post by Qhell~Velladorn »

[color=darkgreen:2o6wzm57][i:2o6wzm57]Quel hears the daggers lashing forward and manages to get his right leg back far enough to not take a hit to it, but his left takes another glancing blow, causing him to grimace a bit at giving away his position.

Judging from the height of Roondars attack, and hoping that the gnome hasn't utilized a roll, he now knows that the crafty dagger weilder has kneeled, making his throws more stable. Upon that realization, Quel drops his blades down, utilizing a variation of the doublre thrust low manuver. Instead of aiming both baldes at the same spot though, Quel aims one directly for Roondars chest, while the other is angled down a bit more to catch the gnome in the stomach.

Being so close, and reacting to Roondars' attack just as soon as it hit, Quel hopes to have finished his crafty opponent, yet not truly knowing without his sight to tell him, until his blades either connect, or the gnome has finished him.[/i:2o6wzm57][/color:2o6wzm57]
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

*Not having time to move the blades both strike true.* Well played, you win this time.

OOC: Now for the other two to try their skills and we get to watch.
Qhell~Velladorn
Regular

A Friendly Contest

[color=darkgreen:g818dcd1][i:g818dcd1]Feeling both of his blades strike home, Quel drops the globe of darkness that surrounded the pit, looking down at his crafty opponent. [b:g818dcd1]Well fought my friend. Now let's exit the pit and adjourn to a well deserved rest for the two of us.[/b:g818dcd1] Quel holds his hand out to Roondar, offering him friendly assistance to rise from his kneeling position. Once out of the pit, whether or not the gnome accepted his friendly gesture, the drow takes a seat on the floor and waits for the other two to begin, so that he may watch them as they did him.[/i:g818dcd1][/color:g818dcd1]
Rooky
Legend
Location: A spooky wood, with man-eating little giant space hampsters

Post by Rooky »

*Rooky takes her immitation of a greatswordand moves of to the pit, with a look that suggested she had a good time*
- Time to let the dogs out...

*She reached the pit, and waited for the the more observant participan to join her.*
:3
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

Post by Unen_Stealthfoot »

[color=darkred:18m6o3rq]OOC: Do magic items, in particular hasting items, count as cheating?[/color:18m6o3rq]

[color=blue:18m6o3rq]Xandar: *Sighs when he realizes that he has to win this next fight or else face the crafy gnome. He follows Rooky into the pit.*[/color:18m6o3rq]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Journey before destination
Qhell~Velladorn
Regular

A Friendly Contest

OoC: nope ,it's anything goes as long as you don't bring your real weapons into play, and if I'm not mistaken, you're gonna need those hasting items any way, cause Lycans are naturally faster than normal creatures as are drow.

[color=darkgreen:1wtt5vh0][i:1wtt5vh0]Quel watches the male and the female, whom he managed to get a closer look at, descend to the pit for their mock battle. He concentrates more on the woman at the begining, watching her graceful movements and deciding there's something decidedly not right about her, while the male has has many things to hasten his speed.

With a great smile on his face, he sets in to watch what should be a grand battle of agility.[/i:1wtt5vh0][/color:1wtt5vh0]

OoC: I like the fact that a Ranger has the detect magic spell now, it comes in habdy at times.
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

*Having taken Quel's hand, walked with him out of the pit.

Settles as well to watch the forth coming battle. Human vs. Drow.*
Rooky
Legend

Post by Rooky »

*Rooky prepared the oversized stick in her hands. If looked closer her eyes have become red since the last time. Under the right light it would seem they glowed eariesh red. Rooky swang the heavy stick in one hand and put it back in two hands as soon as she was done.*
- Now, don't tell me you don't think this will be fun...

*grin*
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

[color=darkred:13hmvm7r]OOC: good thing magic items are allowed. Hey Rooky, don't be suprised. Xandar's got boots of speed in Rogues Refuge too if you read the posts carefully. Your (hopefully) busted :devil: [/color:13hmvm7r]

[color=blue:13hmvm7r]Xandar: slowly puts himself into position, almost suspiciously slowly. He grins. "Ready? Let's go. 8) "[/color:13hmvm7r]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Qhell~Velladorn
Regular

A Friendly Contest

[color=darkgreen:rj3d9h7h][i:rj3d9h7h]Quel sits back and relaxes his body while his mind and eyes stay ever sharp. Due to the sharpness of his mind, the drow catches the red tinge that comes into the womans eyes, and a small smile floats over his face as he thinks to himself [b:rj3d9h7h]Lycanthrope vs. Drow, this should be a good contest.[/b:rj3d9h7h] He then sits back and awaits the first strike to be made.[/i:rj3d9h7h][/color:rj3d9h7h]
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

*Watches the two in the pit as they seemto be taking the measure of each other.*
Rooky
Legend

Post by Rooky »

*Rooky circles her opponent, wathching for any weaknesses. Rooky charged first. She tried to punch him in the guts, with an attempt to send him flying accross the room*
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

[color=blue:2nn8cqhe]Xandar: Puts his left foot forward in-stance cocks his right arm (the one with the lonsword) and extends his left arm, putting the short sword in line with Rooky's fist. Rooky can't possibly help but notice his unnaturally fast speed, as he then twirls his right-hand sword over his head and begins to chop down with it.[/color:2nn8cqhe] :devil:

[color=darkred:2nn8cqhe]Is this good playing, or is my pc, so far anyway, too powerful, even with boots of speed?[/color:2nn8cqhe]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

*Roondar watches the frist attacks with interest, the human rather then using the large weapon choosing to you her fist instead bringing her closer to the Drow and his shorter weapons. Also noticed is the speed the Drow exhibits.*

OOC: It is my intent not to comment on style unless I see something far unlikely, until contest is over. So far I have seen nothing to cause major concerns. Fighting is the hardest aspect to learn to do well. It takes pratice and rspect. One reason Roondar lost so easy is I do not need much pratice, though even I do make errors from time to time *wink* No one is prefect.
Qhell~Velladorn
Regular

A Friendly Contest

OoC: Well spoken and so true Bhaern.

[color=darkgreen:1edl5flk][i:1edl5flk]Quel watches the first interaction with mild interest, admiring the womans spunk and noting the males speed, nodding to himself about the magic items that he noticed ealier. He then sits up, wanting view every thing the two do from this point forward with a keen eye and his quick mind, learning his next opponent, whomever it may be, from this contest.[/i:1edl5flk][/color:1edl5flk]