[ARENA] A Friendly Contest

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Qhell~Velladorn
Regular

A Friendly Contest

Post by Qhell~Velladorn »

[i:2h0n914t]Would look at the gnome in a bit of shock as he sat down, and just manage to turn the attack into a defense, catching the thrusting daggers just before they make contact. Backing away and giving the gnome a bow, for his ingenuity in battle, he begins to circle the pit again, keeping all emotions from showing on his face.

After a moments thought, he begins an advance on the gnome, slow and menacing. Even though he holds no ill will toward his opponent, he still has to face him in this trial of superiorty in combat. Not even a slight shift is given as Quel begins his attack, both "blades" sweeping in from opposite directions. The main hand "blade" changing direction at the last instant and dropping down, just in case the gnome decides to try the sitting manuever again, while the offhand "blade" stays true to its course, just incase the gnome tries jumping the lower attack.

Knowing that both attacks can be avoided by a simple roll, he plans ahead for the next round, awaiting his opponents retaliation, or his weapons connection, which ever the case may be in this turn of events.[/i:2h0n914t]
Rooky
Legend
Location: A spooky wood, with man-eating little giant space hampsters

Post by Rooky »

*Rooky continued to watch the "play-fight" and hoped she wouldn't get the gnome. To think she wanted to flip the kid instead of a coin...*
:3
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

Post by Unen_Stealthfoot »

Xandar also hopes he will not have to duel the gnome. After all, he's a small target, and those long drow legs will be difficult to protect from the gnome. Quietly, to the lady: "He's quite good, isn't he?"
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Journey before destination
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

*Stands as you back away from his attack, surprised a bit by your rapid change from offenese to defense and the backing away. As Quel bows, returns the bow with a wink. Starts to intone in gnome as you start to circle the pit. The same trick will not work, but a rush can be expected.

As the rush comes, does indeed roll, to the left of your attack as the flor of the pit becomes slrppery. as if you steped on grease. A dagger ready to be thrown at where you end up.*

OOC: Depated rolling forward, for the attack and not using magic and it might have worked. However allowing class abilities using [i:1f9jt90u]Grease[/i:1f9jt90u] appears to be a low level thrick, that SR can not avoid. I know your current tactic, cut foe down by rush, the gnome expected such a tactic as well, though was surprised by the retreat and bow. I know only one of us can win here, just trying to make it interesting. Of course there will be another battle for one of these two. It is best not to show all tricks in first battle. *wink*
Qhell~Velladorn
Regular

[color=green:1ld62ox0]OoC: yet another nice trick, and this one may be my downfall, but then again, maybe not.

[i:1ld62ox0]Quel would smile as the gnome did exactly as he expected in the dodge, although not quite expecting him to use a spell to make the floor slippery. Since he was leaning forward in the attack, crouched more to the gnomes level, he turns his slip into a roll. While executing the roll he twists his body about as well, so that when he lands, he's on his knees, outside the slick area, facing Roondar.

Not waiting for the gnome to attack him while he's at a somewhat disadvantage, he calls upon his heritage, placing a globe of darkness over the pit. He then stands and quickly kicks his boots off behind and to his right, hopefully drawing the gnomes attention it that directionas he swiftly and silently moves toward where he last saw the gnome.

Not expecting Roondar to still be there, Quel uses his ears and nose, as well as a few other tricks that he picked up, to tell him where the gnome may have moved to. He then calmly awaits the first sign of movement, not wanting to make the initial mistake, giving away ones position.[/i:1ld62ox0][/color:1ld62ox0]
Rooky
Legend

Post by Rooky »

[quote]Xandar also hopes he will not have to duel the gnome. After all, he's a small target, and those long drow legs will be difficult to protect from the gnome. Quietly, to the lady: "He's quite good, isn't he?"[quote]

- Yes he is.

*Rooky hushed Xandar, and tried to listen. Being a werewolf has it's advantages...*
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

*The contest is really engaged now, darkness hampers each from sight, a same setting concerning sight. The darkness pervents each from relaying on sight. One needs to use other methords in order to resolve the conflict. Sound becoming most primary now. The throwing of the boots catch the eye of Roondar for a moment as would any noise, but the boots clearly have no feet in them. A game of silence now ensues, what will Quel do now. Clearly he will be on the hunt. The imediate question is how to react to the darkness, move could be herad but to stay might bring Quel to soon. With three daggers left, throwning even one might give away a win. There again the Drow used noise trying to draw him off, perhaps the clatter of a dagger might disdirect. Throws one dagger at his feet, as oposed to droping it. Then stands ready for the Drow to come to him with two daggers ready. The dagger thrown at feet should convey the sound of being thrown from at least some feet away as to the sound of a droped one.*
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

Xandar went back to the open area away from the dueling ground and continued practicing, but watching at the same time.
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Qhell~Velladorn
Regular

A Friendly Contest

[color=green:1l2tvrch][i:1l2tvrch]Quel turns an ear to the sound, listening to how hard the wooden dagger hit the ground. Surmising from the hardness of the sound that the gnome was trying to decieve him in believing that the dagger had been thrown from some distance away.

Using his nose though, tells him that the gnome was pretty close to the spot where the dagger hit, yet not right on top of it. He then decides to use a feint himself. Stepping down hard with his foot, causing a smacking sound to be heard, he crooses his wooden blades at the same time, so that that sound can't be heard. Once he does this, he moves silently off to the left, remembering the location ib which he last saw Roondar, and the new location in which the sound had come from. Quel then surmises that Roondar has moved from the spot he was last seen, to another. The drow makes his way toward Roondar at a cautious pace, letting his nose and ears guide him in to short, yet very resourceful gnome that is his opponent.[/i:1l2tvrch][/color:1l2tvrch]

OoC: not to rush things, but one of should claim victory within out next three or four posts, and I must say that this little tourney has been quite fun so far.
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

Xandar stops practicing, and sits down to (very quietly) observe the two duelists.
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

*Waits for the Drow to come close, then using [i:39h1zr1u]Ghost Sound[/i:39h1zr1u] Quel hears the gnome backing away from him toward the rim of the pit. Roondar knowing the deliberate sound made to cover another action pays no attention to that, tough wonders what it covers. Perhaps the final round will be now as he pepares to throw his two daggers at hearing the Drow attacking the illusion.*
Qhell~Velladorn
Regular

A Friendly Contest

[color=darkgreen:2y6r4rdr][i:2y6r4rdr]Quel cocks his ear to the new sound, listening intently for a second, thinking, is it truely Roondar moving, or is it another one of his magical cantrips. His nose then once again picks up the scent of the gnome, not too far from the drows current position. A smile comes across his face as he silently applauds the gnome for his brilliance, trying to throw him off as he moves in for the final strike, while Roondar probably has a plan of his own up his short, yet very cunning sleeve.

With Roondars' scent firmly in his nose, and the gonmes height well remembered, Quel continues to move in slowly and silently, crouching as he does so. As the scent grows to its strongest yet, Quel lowers his already crossed blades, moving in the final few inches. His hands and arms rock steady as he finishes his approach, Quel gently closes the blades in on Roondars neck from both sides, at least he hopes that he does, felling his cunning opponent in this contest.[/i:2y6r4rdr][/color:2y6r4rdr]

OoC: I'm leaving a bit of room, hoping that we can continue for another round or two at least. This is actually the first time I've ever set up one of these, so I hope I'm doing well and not doing what is termed God Moding by those who have been here far longer than I.
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

Xandar: Continues to "watch" the duel, becoming more and more impressed with the gnome's skill and capabilities. :eek:
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Rooky
Legend

Post by Rooky »

*Rooky continues to watch and listen to the duel.*
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

OOC: You want another round, that is simple.

IC: *Knees to have a more stable position to throw from as the throws will be targeting sound only. 's silent approch provides no sound to throw at and Roondar only becomes aware when the sissor movement over his head lets him know the Drow is close. The daggers perpared for throwing slash out blindly hoping to strike the legs. While there is advantages to being small there is also a disadvantage. The shorter arms might not even reach the legs of his foe. This depends on how close Quel had stepped before attacking.*