[ARENA] A Friendly Contest

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Qhell~Velladorn
Regular

A friendly contest

Post by Qhell~Velladorn »

[color=darkgreen:vnh8sd5b]Quel watches as Blackhearts' maw closes on Xandars' leg and winces, knowing what that simple bit can do to someone. He then smiles as Xandar swings both of his blades down in hope of conecting with Blackheart in a vital area and ending this contest.

As he watches the swing, he speaks to Roondar, [i:vnh8sd5b][b:vnh8sd5b]If he conects with that blow, it seems as if we both know who we'll be facing in the final rounds my friend. I wish you luck, no matter who we may face in the end.[/b:vnh8sd5b][/i:vnh8sd5b][/color:vnh8sd5b]
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

* Roondar looks to Quel as he speaks, a little surpised by the idea he is expected to fight again. Not that it was a concern the best tricks saved for the second battke if the first was won. Then remembers being told that Drpw and other races are concerned about something called rank. One it appears must be the trird gearetest in a contest that in otherwise would not get a second chance.*

It indeed will be interesrsting to see the results, and what will come next as well. Perhaps my tricks will be better next time.
Rooky
Legend
Location: A spooky wood, with man-eating little giant space hampsters

Post by Rooky »

*Rooky grabbed on to Xandar's legs, but didn't see the swords coming towards her skull.
She took the full blows of them but eaven a werewolf can't handle that. With a loud yelp, she fell to teh ground, dazed, and confused, with a big lump on her head.*
:3
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

Post by Unen_Stealthfoot »

[color=darkred:3vdbk508]OOC: Woohoo! Hey, what is the amount of time between a lycan's bite and becoming one. Be pretty cool to play a lycanthropic drow [i:3vdbk508]and[/i:3vdbk508] wearing boots of speed. :devil: [/color:3vdbk508]

IC:

[color=blue:3vdbk508]Xandar: *Lays on his back, panting, for a few seconds before getting up and shaking rooky's hand.* "So, youre next, right?" (to Quel, and still breathing hard)[/color:3vdbk508]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Journey before destination
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

OOC: There is a save DC 15 to prevent from contracting the disease. Of course you can choose to forgo the save roll.

IC: *Studies the winner, then also glances to Quel.* Looks like it is time for you to fight again.
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

Post by Unen_Stealthfoot »

[color=darkred:2dijxie1]But if you do contract the disease, how long to take effect?[/color:2dijxie1]

IC:

[color=blue:2dijxie1]Xandar:Forgoes the save, contracts the disease. :devil: [/color:2dijxie1]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Journey before destination
Rooky
Legend

Post by Rooky »

*Rooky got up, grumbling all the way. She saw a small comotion happening behind her, and went over there*

- What'S going on here? You still worried about that bite? I didn't bite donw that hard ya nitwit! You'll be fine.
Meet me up later, and I'll give you something about that scratch!
Qhell~Velladorn
Regular

A friendly contest

[color=darkgreen:s3967ro3]Quel looks to Roondar with a nod [i:s3967ro3][b:s3967ro3]so it would appear my crafty little friend, but for now I think the victor should have a rest period. 'twould only be fair since I've had time to recover myself.[/b:s3967ro3][/i:s3967ro3]

He then stands and walks over to Blackheart [i:s3967ro3][b:s3967ro3]Nice bit of fighting m'lady. I do so hope to see you in the next tourney I host, as well as a few others.[/b:s3967ro3][/i:s3967ro3] He turns back to Roondar [i:s3967ro3][b:s3967ro3]You as well friend, you're both more than welcome at a contest of mine at any time. Whether it be one of fighting skill, or one at the dinner table.[/b:s3967ro3][/i:s3967ro3]

After thinking for a moment, he turns back to Blackheart [i:s3967ro3][b:s3967ro3]Would you like a salve or some powder for your head, I have some in my pack by the wall if you would like some help?[/b:s3967ro3][/i:s3967ro3][/color:s3967ro3]

[color=teal:s3967ro3] sorry about the multiple post in one, I'm just used to the other site I go to on occasion, and it crepr up on me for a second.[/color:s3967ro3] :p
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

* Roondar nods to Quel's words* It is not a contest to the death, A rest might be fairer. *Then watches you step over to Blackwood.*

Edit: Found errant word and replaced it with a better one.
Last edited by Bhaern Quel on Wed May 31, 2006 2:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
Rooky
Legend

Post by Rooky »

OOC: IT'S BLACKWOOD!!! BLACKWOOD!!!

IC:

*To Qhell*
- I'd be glad to participate in anything else you organize. You do such a bad job at it.

And yes, anything againts painfull lumps *touches the lump. Yelps* would be good.

*Rooky walks over to Xandar, and shakes his hand*
- Good job, lad. You deserved to go ahead in the contest. If anybody needs me, I'll be making a move at the little lady, up the stairs....
Qhell~Velladorn
Regular

A friendly contest

[color=darkgreen:3ma0bkrr]Quel chuckles at Blackwoods' words about his contest being so bad, [i:3ma0bkrr][b:3ma0bkrr]Thank you for helping to make it better m'lady, I'll take all the support I can get.[/b:3ma0bkrr][/i:3ma0bkrr] He then walks over to his pack and takes out a salve in a small jar, and a paper packet containing something a bit similar to Goodys' headache powders, then walks over to where the lady now stands beside Roondar. [i:3ma0bkrr][b:3ma0bkrr]I would offer to rub the salve in, but I don't want you to think I'm being forward with your person with my delicate touch.[/b:3ma0bkrr][/i:3ma0bkrr] He then extends both hands to her for her to accept the medicines he offered for her use.

After a few moments, he walks back down the steps into the pit, taking a meditative pose on the floor away from Xandar as he rests up, his two long poles resting across his legs.[/color:3ma0bkrr]

[color=teal:3ma0bkrr]OoC: Sorry about that Rooky, I was trying to remember the name from your intoductory post, when instead I should have went back and looked at it to be sure I had the name right.[/color:3ma0bkrr]
Rooky
Legend

Post by Rooky »

OOC: Sorry. I'd have said it in a nicer manor, but I like yelling at people. :angel:

IC:

*Rooky accepts the jar of-no-more-hadaces and sits on the stairs rubbing the stuff on the portable mountain located on her head*
Illiam
Maid
Maid

Post by Illiam »

Had not caught the gnomes glance as she continued to jot down notes in her book, adding the odd sketch or two in the process.

Looking up realising the current fight had ended she tapped the pencil lightly on the paper before the woman started to approach. Illiam rose an eyebrow slightly before offering a warm smile and moving over slightly so she could be seated "Nice fighting.." she whispered softly as she closed the book.
Rooky
Legend

Post by Rooky »

*Rooky made a painfull grin at the drow woman next ot her, the hairy muzzle reaveling a pair of long canines.*

- Ehe, he he heee....Thanks.

*Rooky rubbed some more of the lump-be-gone stuff on to her head, and then put it away. The stairs were a bit to small for her hairy but, witch made it uncomfortable to sit. She waited for the fight to start. Thinking ybout the womans words for a while she replyed to her*

- It wasn't all that nice. Appart form this lump, I got anpther one from bashing into the wall....I got smashed by twigs on the head, *and* I might have bitten too hard. I'm not exactly against spreading dieseases such as rabies or Lycantrophy, but it gets on people's nerves you know?

*Starts wondering at how Xandars gonna have a rough time fighting someone more experianced then her in the next round*
Illiam
Maid
Maid

Post by Illiam »

offered a sympathetic look as Rooky made that painful grin and watched as she sat down, noting how uncomftable she was. She chuckled lightly from the reply before she spoke once more

"Indeed, but at the end of the day it was a fight. If you bit too hard it was only due to the current circumstances that you found yourself in and your instincts taking over slightly. Too true you speak however of peoples nerves, i however try to hold an open mind about such thigns. After all, we each have our ways of keeping ones race, alive"

She shifted slightly in the seat as she glanced over to the others wondering when the next fight was going to begin then opened her book once more to glance over her notes and sketches of the fights.