[ARENA] A Friendly Contest

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Qhell~Velladorn
Regular

[ARENA] A Friendly Contest

Post by Qhell~Velladorn »

[i:3deak4mo]A lone traveller stands in a pit shrouded from head to toe in a green cloak of surface make. Riding on his shoulders are two bastard swords, both having special powers. One of them is covered in runes of the sun, while the other is covered in runes that resemble the moon and stars. The only visible aspect of him that can be seen is the glow of his silver eyes, peering out from beneath the hood of his cloak. His hands are covered in black gloves, and his feet are shod in elven boots. Aside from this, all that can be seen on this warrior is a talisman around his neck. Bearing a sliver sword, dancing beneath the moon, with only her hair to cover her pale beauty, Eilistraee, rides on this warriors chest, shining a pristine silver. Standing above the pit is a sign, wriiten in the common tongue, that proclaims the event.

Any and all are welcome. This event is one to test ones prowess and wisdom in battle. The victor gets no reward, other than to call himself the best of the tourney. Any cheating will be punished by automatic disqualification. Once you have delivered a "Killing blow" the fight is over, or once your opponent yeilds, which ever may come first. Upon the tournament begining, your weapons will be taken from you, and you will be handed wooden poles, equal to the size and weight of what you weapons of choice are. Good luck, and may Eilistraee guide your blades.

Next to the sign is a table with a lone man and a piece of parchment to which names can be regstered on for the tournament. As you enter, he holds out a quill pen and speaks in a soft voice, "Welcome to this contest friend. I hope you enjoy the arrangements, and the competition. Sign the paper and lay your weapons here. Against the wall you will find a rack with many different poles, choose your favorite, then step into the pit and preapare for the first round."

As the first contestant enters the pit, the drow ranger removes his cloak and swords, laying them on the rim of the pit, and picking up two poles from the wall. A friendly smile comes across his face as he shakes his hair from his face and ties it back. He then takes the second pole from his right hand and bows, never speaking, but still offering the smile.[/i:3deak4mo]
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

OOC: *blink* What is cheating?

IC: *A small figure reads the the notice and looks to the rods provided for blades. Dagger sized not clearly seen from his position.*
Qhell~Velladorn
Regular

[i:3q25209j]OoC: cheating is using any magic other than what you are born with[/i:3q25209j]

[i:3q25209j]Looks to the small figure that enters and gives his smile. Seeing that he uses daggers, he steps from the pit and walks over to the racks, pulling down a set of five small sticks in a belt. He then turns back to the figure and walks over and hands him the belt, "A very formidable weapon friend. Would you car for a friendly spar, or would you rather wait a bit to see who else may join us in this little get together."

With a bow, he turns back to the pit and climbs back down into it, going to the center and seating himself cross-legged. Once comfortable, he closes his eyes and seeks the calmness of his Goddess, and her council, all the while awaiting for the newcomers decision.[/i:3q25209j]
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

*Draws out five daggers of fine steel some perhaps an arua of magic can be detected on some of them, then with a soft sigh, adds another three daggers and picks up the five wooden tokens, weighing each in hand for balance and useability*

My name is Roondar *The table being only a few inches shorter in hiegth then the Gnome it is difficult for even taking the woodern daggers, let alone sign the scroll with his name, short of climbing on the table.*
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

Post by Unen_Stealthfoot »

Another drow walks in and lays down a longsword and looks questioningly at the man, indicating the whip resting on his belt. He signs his name on the parchment: "Xandar Kenafien" it reads. He then sighs and lays his whip next to his sword and picks up a long pole and a short pole. He continues wearing his cloak.
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Journey before destination
Rooky
Legend
Location: A spooky wood, with man-eating little giant space hampsters

Post by Rooky »

*A human female enteres the area. She walked over to the parchment and signed down 'Blackwood'. She pulled out a greatsword, and walked over to the drow.*
- I guess I get you.
*A wide grin appeared on her face, reavealing incredibly long canines.*
- Where do I leave this? We're supposed to get replacements as I understand...

OOC: What? Did you acctualy think that I would miss *this*?
:3
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

*After some further thought, Xandar picks up a few dagger sized poles as well.*

OOC: You're doomed Rooky. Mwahahahahaaa. :devil:
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Qhell~Velladorn
Regular

A Friendly Contest

[i:3syp97lt]Would open his eyes and smile as he saw the new competitors come in. The smile would break into a laugh, it appears that his first contest is drawing a better crowd than he thought it would. He would then stand and offer each a polite bow in turn, giving the lady a smile as well, after all, he is a male.

Looking at the male with the many weapons, he gives a small nod his way, "Formidable weaponry friend. Looks as if whoever gets you in a pit os going to have their hands full."

He then turns to the woman and his smile appears again,"So m'lady, do we spar, or do we wait for more to come?." After asking this question, he rolls the two poles on the floor onto the top of one foot, then kicks the foot up and catches one of the four and a half foot poles in each hand. After catching them, he would ground the tips and wait for a reply, from either of the three in the fighting room with him.[/i:3syp97lt]

OoC: thank you all for coming, and no ma'am, I didn't think that for a second. We'll just have to see about that my friend, I'm not that great, but I'm certainly no novice to rp, whether it be chat or on paper.
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

OOC: I was saying that "Rooky" the werewolf was doomed, not you Qhell. I never make assumptions about a drow elf. ;)

IC: I'd say let's go! Anyone up for a every-man-for-himself contest, or just one-on-one?
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Qhell~Velladorn
Regular

A Friendly Contest

OoC: I kinda noticed that a bit late, so sorry for assuming that you meant me.

[i:24vdnx7t]Would look at the man as he spoke, a topaz tint flashing into his eyes for a second. "Either sounds good to me, but I prefer a one-on-one scenario, that way we can see who has the greater skills in combat, and the knowledge to keep their butts out of the fire."

After speaking with the male, he looks to the human woman, and the gnome male,"What say you friends? A one-0n-one competition, or a free for all?" He backs away and readies himself, for whichever decission is made.[/i:24vdnx7t]
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

After a moments consideration Xandar says: On second thought, I vote one-on-one. That way you don't have to change strategies five times against three people in one minute all in one contest. And there's a clear winner. :)
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

*Glances to the others and with a shrug* Perhaps flip coins as to whom faces whom?
Rooky
Legend
Location: A spooky wood, with man-eating little giant space hampsters

Post by Rooky »

*Rooky glances to the gnome*
- WHo needs a coin we can flip you.
*The gring appeared again*
One-on-one is my vote.
:3
Qhell~Velladorn
Regular

A Friendly Contest

[i:3nkmefdf]Would nod as the vote stood at three for One-on-One and one to flip a coin. As the decesion had been made for a single contestant to be the over all winner, he would look around at his three guests. "Now all we have to do is decide upon who faces who for the first round. If no one has any objections, I'd like to face the lady. If someone does have any objections, I will challenge them to a dagger toss for the right to face her. The one that comes closest to the mark on a pole set up by the official at the table wins the right to face her in single combat."

The official would then stand from behind the table and walk over to a pole standing on the edge of the pit. Once to the pole, he would pull a piece of chalk from a pocket on his robes and draw a white line about midway up the pole, just incase any one decides to dispute the hosts challenge to the woman.

Qhell, the host, would then look at the others, relaxing from his defensive stance, leaning the two long poles against the wall and wait for someone to say yea or nay to his request.[/i:3nkmefdf]
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

Why would you want to fight the lady, [i:3f1lbic6]abbil[/i:3f1lbic6]? Got something against women?
Life before death
Strength before weakness