[ARENA] A Friendly Contest

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

Post by Unen_Stealthfoot »

[color=blue:3o2yhrkt]Xandar: Remembers that over-sized sword that Rooky's holding, twists his right hand so that the longsword continues twirling above his head, ready to parry an attack that she might make using the longsword's momentum against the greatsword's wieght.[/color:3o2yhrkt]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Journey before destination
Rooky
Legend
Location: A spooky wood, with man-eating little giant space hampsters

Post by Rooky »

*Xandar's "sword" slashed Rooky's hand, but that didn't stop her. Rooky's eyes flashed again, and this time she wouldn't miss. *
- Your fast, but not faster then a lycan.
* Rooky charged again, and this time moving far more faster. She swang her greatsword with unnatural ease at the dark elf. with massive strenght, eyes turning more red by the minute.*
:3
Rooky
Legend

Post by Rooky »

*Xandar's "sword" slashed Rooky's hand, but that didn't stop her. Rooky's eyes flashed again, and this time she wouldn't miss. *
- Your fast, but not faster then a lycan.
* Rooky charged again, and this time moving far more faster. She swang her greatsword with unnatural ease at the dark elf. with massive strenght, eyes turning more red by the minute.*
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

[color=darkred:3fh19hwf]OOC: Drow are fast, although maybe not as fast as a lycan. But they are certainly faster than a werewolf if they are wearing boots of speed. Which he is. :devil: [/color:3fh19hwf]

[color=blue:3fh19hwf]Xandar: Slams both of his blades, one after the other against Rooky's greatsword. Then is surprised by the incredible strength of this human woman, only then noticing the red-flashing eyes. Xandar undergoes a new experience for him. Flying :eek: . He slams against the wall of the pit and (painfully) gets up as fast as he can, secretly removing his "dagger" from his boot.[/color:3fh19hwf]
Last edited by Unen_Stealthfoot on Thu May 11, 2006 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Qhell~Velladorn
Regular

A Friendly Contest

Post by Qhell~Velladorn »

[color=darkgreen:399fop8o][i:399fop8o]Quel notes the slash, and the sudden stop of Xandars' swords as they colide with with the womans. He also pays close attention to her eyes, as well as Xandars speed, carefully watching the two of them, preparing himself mentally for either one as his next opponent.

He then watches as the drow flies back from the tremendous force of the womans charge, noting that she is really relying on her strength more than her agility as a Lycanthrope. Hearing the sound of the impact as the male hits the wall, he winces, knowing how it feels to do that himself from past experiences.

He takes his eyes from the contest for just a split second as Xandar moves back to his feet, looking to his real weapons leaning against the wall. Both are glowing, one a silver blue, the other a bright yellow. He nods to himself as his Sun and Moon blades confirm what his nature sense has already told him of the woman.

Once he glances at his blades, his eyes return to the contest so that he may study the two in the pit as their contest continues on.[/i:399fop8o][/color:399fop8o]
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

At times there are advantages to distance, though not the best way to get it. *Roondar coments at seeing Xandar pratice flying backwards without wings. He also studies the two combatents.*
Rooky
Legend

Post by Rooky »

*Once Xnadar hit the wall Rooky yelped out a 'sorry'. She was prepared for another attack from Xandar. He saw her strenght, now it was time for speed. Rooky charged again, eyes flashed again, and with every flash moving faster, now slowly matching the drows speed. Once she reached him, she didn't eaven give of as much as a pant, or a hint of getting tired. She moved towards him but not too close, studying him again with the ice-blue eyes*
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

[color=blue:3nnrgww5]Xandar: Saw Rooky begining to charge towards him so he goes up against the wall, throws his longsword and then dagger at Rooky, and summons a globe of darkness right on top of himself. He steps to the side and very quickly begins to cast an amplify spell.[/color:3nnrgww5]

[color=darkred:3nnrgww5]OOC: For those of you not familiar, an amplify spell improves the listen skill of the recipient. Sorry if this is redundant, just want all of us on the same page. ;) [/color:3nnrgww5]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Qhell~Velladorn
Regular

A Friendly Contest

[color=darkgreen:fx73y6e6][i:fx73y6e6]Quel would nod as the woman moves in, thinking her querry down, as a normal person would be, then smile seeing the drows cunning manuver. Once the globe covers him, and she's moved into it, he mutters the amplify spell to himself, just beofre looking to Roondar. [b:fx73y6e6]I do say that I have to agree about the distance, but then again, as quickly as she closed it, the advantage was taken before it began.[/b:fx73y6e6][/i:fx73y6e6][/color:fx73y6e6]
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

*continues to watch the fight until darkness settles over Xandar.*

Speed is also useful, one advantage you had on me. Now we listen rather then watch. *Roondar replies then falls silent.*
Last edited by Bhaern Quel on Sat May 13, 2006 9:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Qhell~Velladorn
Regular

A Friendly Contest

[color=teal:1ksiso33] OoC: Maybe her dad got a hold of her lap top again, that always slowed me down before I got a PC.[/color:1ksiso33]

[color=darkgreen:1ksiso33][i:1ksiso33]Nods to Roondars statement about quickness, then whispers, [b:1ksiso33]Aye, now we watch, my crafty little friend.[/b:1ksiso33][/i:1ksiso33][/color:1ksiso33]
Illiam
Maid
Maid

Post by Illiam »

((ooc. I've been watching the competition since it started, think its about time i made a post lol))

The woman had been sat watching for quite some time, making small notes within a journal. Her gaze drifted everyone now and then to Quell, her 'master' for training for future purposes.

The woman smiled at the way they had been fighting, pleasently impresed with each individuals motions and skill with their weapons.
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

[color=blue:2i2dge84]OOC: this is an add on to my last post.
Xandar:*hopes Rooky will be distracted enough by the sword and dagger he threw at her that she will run into the darkness and run into the wall behind it. :devil: [/color:2i2dge84]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Rooky
Legend

Post by Rooky »

OOC:

*puff, pant*
Sorry I'm late! Got me a new computer, and this one is glued to the table with Uber-Glue. Been camping with me scouts, got back just yesterday. Sorry again...

*Rooky was dumb-struck when the globe was droped. She was dumb-struck enough to slam into the wall, and curse in Common what ever she could think of. After she was done with her special calm down system, Rook yreturend to the fight. Eyes were usseles, but the nose and the ears were her best bet. If Xandar listens closely, a peculiar sound travels through the globe and out, relising a kind of sound that would match an explosion. No ligth, or smell travels what so ever in or out of the globe. Rooky stands in her place waiting for Xandar to come.*

OOC: About time I did this...
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

[color=darkred:392a8rap]OOC: now... what to do...[/color:392a8rap]

IC:[color=blue:392a8rap]With his (now) superior hearing he (very) easily hears Rooky smash into the wall and curse. :devil: He grins, satisfied that his trick has worked. He runs out of the globe to collect his longsword and dagger.[/color:392a8rap]
Life before death
Strength before weakness