Chasing Moonbeams

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Arathen
Maid
Maid

Chasing Moonbeams

Post by Arathen »

Deep in the forests of Cormanthor, so deep that the canopy soared overhead, blocking out the night sky above save for a few small patches, allowing the silvery light of the full moon to shine through. Seated atop a large, pale boulder that was lightly covered in moss, Arathen was stripped to the waist, clad only a pair of loose breeches. The rest of his gear was set in a small pile at the boulder's base, the moon elf's eyes closed and his face turned up at the sky.

[i:3nbyhi82]I remember a time when I would have thought myself crazy, doing this.[/i:3nbyhi82]

The thought came unbidden, but it was one he'd had many times since his fateful encounter with a small group of Eilistraee's faithful in Cormanthor's depths. The experience had changed him profoundly, and it was his hope to find them again...so, he had set out from Semberholme, intent on tracking down the group that had saved his life...or another, if the ones he had befriended remained elusive.
"Courage lies not in the lack of fear...but in doing something you are afraid to."

Check out the progress on my book at http://kaavelbaelithar.deviantart.com/
Arathen
Maid
Maid

Post by Arathen »

Hours passed, and finally he let out a sigh, hopping down from the rock and dressing himself, pulling on a light shirt of mithral mail over a soft blue tunic edged in silver. Next came his sword belt, and finally his boots, the moon elf patting the blade sheathed at his hip before starting to head back toward his camp.

"At least I had time to relax." He said with a chuckle, giving one last glance up at the full moon overhead, lips curving up in a smile. "I'll meet you again, I'm sure..." His words seemingly to no one as he slipped back into the dark trees.
"Courage lies not in the lack of fear...but in doing something you are afraid to."

Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

As he departs, a shadow amongst the branches that has been watching him for some time moves after him. Overtaking him and moving ahead with a slight rustle of trees; then circling round closer.
Titles:

Master of the Lady's Dances
Recoverer of the Tome of Moonlight
Scribe of the Dark Maiden's Temple

High Priest of the Church of Rooky :D
Arathen
Maid
Maid

Post by Arathen »

The shadow goes unnoticed in the woodland night, Arathen too intent on making his way back to camp to have seen the figure circling around him, though the dense trees and lack of light would have made that difficult even if he had been paying enough attention.

Elrohir
Regular

Post by Elrohir »

A soft melodous tune rings through out the air. (An Ocarina) Passing by a large rock that looked comfortable to lean on to rest his weary feet. Leaping up on the rock and placeing his bottom where his feet would hang off the ledge. Still playing the tune with his eyes closed and a slight smile amongs his pressed lips. Dressed in simple green and brown leathers with a light green long sleeved shirt under the tunic. A Masterfully crafted Sword was straped in a scabbard on his back along with a intricate quiver to hold his bow and two diffrent types of arrows. A green cone shaped hat lay about his golden blonde hair. The music was pleasing to the ears and filled the soul with joy.
Violet flames Hail my comeing. Cold oblivion swirls in my passing. But pain and agony beyond comprehenssion reaps in my presance. Odion Demonius Archmage Eternal of the Midnite Academy.
Arathen
Maid
Maid

Post by Arathen »

The sound caused the moon elf to stop in his tracks, a brow arching as he turned his attention toward the sound. An ocarina, this deep in the forest, was a bit odd. He quickly banished the thought that it might be one of the more dangerous groups in Cormanthor...the Vhaeraunite drow didn't seem the sort to play many musical instruments, and certainly not such a happy tune, and most other creatures weren't capable of even playing instruments, as far as he knew.
Slowly, he began to head toward the song's source, passing silently along a narrow, forgotten path through the trees, his finely-wrought blade pulled free of its scabbard and gripped easily in his hand.

Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

OOC: Link...

IC: The shadow keeps moving through the trees, pausing to observe the new noise.
Titles:

Master of the Lady's Dances
Recoverer of the Tome of Moonlight
Scribe of the Dark Maiden's Temple

High Priest of the Church of Rooky :D
Elrohir
Regular

Post by Elrohir »

(OOC: Damn Near exactly I used a picture of link but the character is totaly off key with Link. Except the Ocarina i thought that would be cool. better then a flute))

IC: The elf sits there on the rock playing his tune. And soon a large Grey and white wolf comes lopeing along with a few conies in its mouth (Five). As he finishes the tune he hops off the rock.

"Ci Bal. Ai mi o shyl mystaerol sai aer." (Hey Jak I see you brought something to eat.)

the elf took the conies over off to the side of the path in a small clearing. Gathering some wood to start a fire and building a spit for the animals to cook. Striping the animals and cleaning them setting them over the fire. Once two are just done enough to still be rare. The elf tosses them over to the lounging wolf and the wolf gingerly eats them. Later the Elf begins to eat himself. (The food smells good and has added spice)
Violet flames Hail my comeing. Cold oblivion swirls in my passing. But pain and agony beyond comprehenssion reaps in my presance. Odion Demonius Archmage Eternal of the Midnite Academy.
Arathen
Maid
Maid

Post by Arathen »

Arathen stops, catching a hint of firelight not far off, adjusting his course to head toward the flickering fire now that the ocarina had stopped. It stood to reason that whoever had been playing [i:oowyi0c4]might[/i:oowyi0c4] be near it, though that was still only a chance...anyone could have made the fire, though it was far more likely, to him, that it was the mysterious musician.

Elrohir
Regular

Post by Elrohir »

Takeing a bite from his coney his right ear twitched that gave him pause.

"Jak go say hi to our new friend."

The wolf whines alittle that it was being bothered from its rest. But obediantly goes as comanded. This large wolf stands a good five foot long from nose to end of tail. Broad shouldered but lean for the run. He also stands about three foot tall from paw to top of his head. A beautiful creature to behold while his teeth arnt to bear. The wolf leaps atop the rock and stares out into the forest then snifing the air for a moment to discern the location of the new comer or comers. Then he leaps off in hunt of the first one he finds. (Arathen.) Useing the skill of an experianced hunter/Tracker The wolf Makes his presance known to Arathen to his right and being flanked by the wolf. Its attitude is indifferent and cautious.
Arathen
Maid
Maid

Post by Arathen »

Stopping, Arathen watched the wolf carefully, sword raised defensively in case the creature attacked him. It was simply a precaution...he disliked the thought of harming an animal like that, but he would defend himself if need be. When the thing simply stood there, though, watching him, he eased his guard, inching a few steps closer to the wolf.

Elrohir
Regular

Post by Elrohir »

The wolf seems to relax as you relax. And he turns his head back twords the camp. Then looks back to you and then back to the camp. He begins to walk off twords the camp. Pausing to see if you follow. Then not careing either way the wolf contenued off twords the camp.
Arathen
Maid
Maid

Post by Arathen »

(OOC: Name change explained in the ooc thread)

Warily, Kaelen followed, not sure exactly what was going on. The wolf seemed odd...different than most, certainly, and it was leading him toward camp. The Moon Elf couldn't help but find this unsettling, though he continued on, his sword held out before him, prepared for the worst.

Elrohir
Regular

Post by Elrohir »

Once Jak had come through the forest wall to the trail once again. And followed by The new comer.

"Come Friend sit and enjoy a warm meal."

The sun elf replied in a merry tone Takeing out his Ocarina (better then a flute) he begain to play another merry tune.
Arathen
Maid
Maid

Post by Arathen »

Kaelen straightened, blue gaze darting to the sun elf, thoroughly confused by this rather odd turn of events. It all struck him as suspicious...an oddly cheery sun elf finding him deep in the forest, offering him a meal while playing an ocarina as if there was no danger in Cormanthor's depths.

"Thank you for the offer, and pardon me if I seem hesitant, but I would like to know a bit more about the one offering me food before I choose to accept their offer or not."