A trail of retribution

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Elrohir
Regular

Post by Elrohir »

OOC:That sounds truely interesting silke. I just pulled Crovax from a picture i saw. And i think tyrmer said he was going to be gone untill augus 21st so hes probably out of the game for a while. saw it some wher ein an ooc thread or something.))

IC: Looking to the drow woman First timid. "Arnt you drow suposed to hate my kind Or even all kind other then your selves. How can I trust that whats in that bottle there isnt some poison. Or that your an agent sent by the Illithids to bring me back to the arena or to have me brains sucked from me skull? I dont even know where i am. I ran through this open portal with no abandon simply to free my self from the illithids. I didnt care if i went to the nine hells there i could have atleast bargained my self out. But none the less i dont know where i am and you havent tried to kill me yet. And your mind isnt seething with evil as far as i can tell."

Kneeling before the lady.

"This ones the worst of them (points to eye) it burns to much for me to concentrate on stabalizing it." (Psionic ability stabalize self)

"You never told me where you were from or who you were. You mention you wernt here for the last 20 or so years. Were you traped in endless servitude or simply on some great adventure i could only dream about."

The nere innocence of the dwarf hints at his age of not even being of adult hood for a dwarf more like around 33 years of age hence the BOOO from earlier.
Violet flames Hail my comeing. Cold oblivion swirls in my passing. But pain and agony beyond comprehenssion reaps in my presance. Odion Demonius Archmage Eternal of the Midnite Academy.
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

The armoured figure is amused by Silke's assumption of authority but makes no sound but creaking. It heads to the back of the loft and searchs in the debris,
Titles:

Master of the Lady's Dances
Recoverer of the Tome of Moonlight
Scribe of the Dark Maiden's Temple

High Priest of the Church of Rooky :D
silke_rahn
Regular

Post by silke_rahn »

"Normally the Drow you know do war upon all that are not Drow, but I am a follower of Eilistraee. As such I am supposed to help those in need. Now let me look at the one over your eye first," said Silke.

Silke then took a medical quaze from its steril package. Next she used it to clean up the blood from tha wound. It looked bad, but then again nearly all head wounds looked worse than they realy were. Silke learned this as a Combat Life Saver in the National Guard on Earth her home of exile.

"I may not be the best Leech on this world, but I have treated plenty of wounds until a real medic could get there to take over. Now my advantage is that I am a significantly experienced Ranger to have the ability to heal someone. Now let me clean these wound of yours, then I will cast healing on you to get your wounds to start mending," said Silke.

"mmmmm...uuuuummmmmm..." came from under a cot near the window at the rear of the loft.

To the armored human Silke turned and said, "Pardon me, I sometimes forget that I am not leading my troops while I am here. I am sorry that I may have offended you by assuming authority. I try not to be so authoritarian when I am not on military duty. If you ever find yourself through a portal and on Earth, well the Earth I live on you might ask my students or the members of my Military Police squad. Any of them will tell you I am fair and I also can party with the best of them. Now my sister Sabine is about as stiff laced as you can be and still be a Paladin of Eilistraee."

Turning her attention back to the Duergar Silke said, "Now I well start to heal you."

Silke then started a chant that praised the Dark Maiden and Nature calling on the healing powers of the natural world and the Lady of the Dance to close the wounds of the Duergar and to heal any damage to his internal organs.

The Lady heard her follower and chaneled her essence through Silke. With the flow of the energies the Duergar's wounds both external and internal began to heal. The cuts and gashes visibly began to close.

"I know I am not a cleric, but I am all we have at the moment for a healer," said Silke as the wounds began to heal. "I only wish I had a full healing potion to let you drink, but I think curing major wounds will work for now. Just rest and take two of these pain killer tablets with some water. After about half an hour they well make the pain easier to stand."

"You just rest now while I help try to find whom ever else is injured up here," said Silke. Then she stood up. The cieling of the loft was just inches above her five feet five inch frame.
Drow on the Surface face as many dangers as those in the Underdark. Just because the Rivvil is friendly does not mean he wishes to help you, he may just want to get you off guard before knifing you.
silke_rahn
Regular

Post by silke_rahn »

OOC: this is not part of Silke's dialog, narative, or thoughts. It is however a way to introduce an NPC of sorts. If any of you also do LOTR this person you are about to meet is what they call a Lore-Master here she is just another general purpose mage. Her name is Wenedhelriel she is of Sindarin blood. So she is closest to being a High Elf.

IC: On the small bed no bigger than a cot realy lies the lifeless body of a large raven. On the floor below the cot a staff lies at an angle going back under the bed. Someone's arm stretches out from under the cot and lies close to the staff. The arm is covered with the torn remains of a finely woven cloth shirt in a radiant shade of azure. On the hand at the end of the arm is a finely tailored glove. In the palm of the hand looks to be either brimstone or saltpeter.

"mmm...uhhh...ummph..." come the moans from under the cot.
Drow on the Surface face as many dangers as those in the Underdark. Just because the Rivvil is friendly does not mean he wishes to help you, he may just want to get you off guard before knifing you.
silke_rahn
Regular

Post by silke_rahn »

"Lle anta amin tu? (Do you need help?)" asked Silke in her limited High Elvish. Then she repeated in Drow, "Xun dos ssrig'luin xxizz?"
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

No reply comes from the figure who stoops down and, in one fluid movement, carefully removes the raven and throws the cot off the fallen body, and takes up the hand that was lying on the floor.

Blue sparks encase the gauntlets holding the hand and work their way over their body, healing the worst of their wounds.
Titles:

Elrohir
Regular

Post by Elrohir »

"Nonsence. I have battled in the arena all my life a few wounds couldent stop me."

The dwarf attempting to get up swoons and falls back to his bottom. *OOOFFFF*

*Grumbeling* "Fine Ill stay on me arse" *Grumbeling*

"What did you find over there?"
Violet flames Hail my comeing. Cold oblivion swirls in my passing. But pain and agony beyond comprehenssion reaps in my presance. Odion Demonius Archmage Eternal of the Midnite Academy.
silke_rahn
Regular

Post by silke_rahn »

Wenedhelriel moans a little then begins to come out of her unconscious state. She stirs and then pushes herself into a seated positions. "Ya? (Who)" saids Wenedhelriel.

"Tel'gothrim; Mani naa essa en lle? (Drow; What is you name?)" said Silke.

"Wenedhelriel," said the Elven woman. "Mani marte (What happened)?"

Switching to common Silke says, "She is called Wenedhelriel and she is asking what happened."

"Wenedhelriel do you speak common?" asked Silke.

"I do some," said Wenedhelriel. She looked around the wreckage of the cottage of the woman that sheltered her since coming through the protal. "I remember now. A war band of Orcs with some Dark Elves for allies hit this place yesterday. Nym?"

"Who is Nym?" asked Silke.

"My Raven," said Wenedhelriel.
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

The figure picks up the Raven and (if he finds it alive) runs its hands over its wounds before giving it to the elf. If he finds it is dead he hands it to the elf reverently, passing a hand over it in a blessing to the dead.
Titles:

Elrohir
Regular

Post by Elrohir »

Sits patiently for the moment, Listening to whats going on. Even going as far as actually relaxing. Takeing a load off from his previous delima in the Illithid caverns. Then an Expression of (Oh i almost forgot look) Washes over him and he digs into whats left of his pants pocket. Pulling out a fist full of various gemstones of diffrent sizes up to a US Quarter in size. He pokes around looking for a particular one. A violet gemstone about the size of a US nickel rough and uncut.

"AAAAAHHHHHH." He whisperd softly before pocketing the gemstones In a more secure fassion. then resumes watching the others.
silke_rahn
Regular

Post by silke_rahn »

Seeing that the armored figure is being careful with the still form of the raven Silke moves up and chants the words to one of the healing prayers she knows. She tries to channel Eilistraee's healing powers into the raven, but Silke senses that the bird is in the creator's hands now.

"It would take druid or a priestess to bring this little life back," said Silke. "I am but a ranger and my healing abilities are not powerful enough to reverse death."

Silke then looks over at Wenedhelriel now sitting on the edge of the cot. "I am sorry lady Wenedhelriel, but your raven Nym is beyond my power to save."
Elrohir
Regular

Post by Elrohir »

Growing restless for fear that if he stayed in one place to long the Illithids might send there Githyanki Hunters after him. SO he decides to take a look over the ledge of the window. Off in the distance he spies some figures looking like looters from the wrekage.

Roleing back down into the hay pile. He lay back and closed his eyes in a meditave state. Letting his minds eye leave his physical self to search out who these are. (Remote View) An astral projection of himself floats out twords the incomers. In what would be plain sight. Closer view reveals the incomers to be orcs. And as he suspected they are looting from there recent battles.

Snaping back to reality with a gasp of air.

"Who did you say attacked this village?"

He called out in a hushed tone but not whispering.
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

The figure waves a gauntlet over its slate again.

"My powers too are not that advanced."

And again.

"Can you walk?"
Titles:

silke_rahn
Regular

Post by silke_rahn »

Sadness crosses Wenedhelriel's face as she takes the small lifeless form of her Raven, Nym. A tear travels from the corner of each eye tracing a path down parallel to her nose around her mouth and on to her chin before depositing on her robes.

She lookes into Silke's eyes and sees a familiar face, yet different too. "Do I know you?" said Wenedhelriel. "You look so much like someone I know from my world. She wears her light sandy blond hair in the same manner that you do. She always has that same serious and yet concerned look on her face that you do."

"What is your name again?" said Wenedhelriel.

Silke looked at Wenedhelriel and said, "Silke, Silke Rahn is what my friends and associates call me. I am a ranger of Eilistraee, a rogue, a Shadow Dancer."
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

The armoured figure gets up and leaves; merely swinging its legs over the side of the loft and dropping softly to the ground, cat like.
Titles: