A Temple

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Bhaern Quel
Demigod

A Temple

Post by Bhaern Quel »

*The moon rising in the evening sky, neams its light into a glade and a clearing within it. 5 dark skined elves, 2 of lighter skin and a human dance together and apart as suits eachs mood it appears that they are wearing little or nothing. A harp and some flutes are being played from under the shadows of the trees, one would need to come closer to know more about this group of people* The music perhaps calls to you to find out more as well.*
Velve
Regular

Post by Velve »

[color=violet:bw382vdn]Alayna jolts up from the small rock she had been sitting on as she silently observed the night at the sound of the familiar music, and with an excited squeek and a flutter of small wings she is flashing towards the sound.
The small pixie breaks into the glade, a delighted grin on her child-like face. Within an instant she is flashes over to near the dancers, yet slightly apart lands softly on a thick branch. She stands there observing the mostly nude dancers for a minute, then begins an attempt of copying them, much like a child wishing to be like the older children.[/color:bw382vdn]
Rooky
Legend
Location: A spooky wood, with man-eating little giant space hampsters

Post by Rooky »

[color=darkred:2b1t306d]* A great white wolf, not wery joyus about the commotion so close to his territory, walks over to the clearing to see just what's going on. Great in size and in age, the rust-red patches, that the Brachyurus wolves are known for were almost gone. Wise eyes, centered on the road ahead. The great wolf reached the glade, and lied down, to watch the dancers, and enjoy the music. All of a sudden it didn't matter to him how close were the newcomers to his teritorry...His days were numbered *[/color:2b1t306d]
:3
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

*Alayna as you land on the branch, you see the dances clearer and indeed non of them are weating anything at all. An amber eyed Drow dances to the center of the clearing and begins to sing a song in a clear full voice, the song is in Drow. The others dance arround her. You also see the people playing, males Two Drow , but the harp playe is human.*

*As the Brachyurus appouches the glade, some more people will be detected by scent, perhaps guards or perhaps just watching the dance. Non appear to react to your visit as you lay down to watch.*
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

Post by Unen_Stealthfoot »

OOC: Did Bhaern just hijack Velve's PC?

IC:*Alkemar approaches quietly and watches with a gentle smile on his face.*
Ahhh. The beauty of the dance, and the joy of the sound of music. :cryjoy:
Velve
Regular

Post by Velve »

OOC: Far from it. Bhaern just likes to set the things that character would see or notice. You'll notice he didn't make Alayna move at all or anything, simply stated that she would likely notice such and such from where she is.

IC:
[color=violet:1air94hy]Alayna decides to simply watch the goings on, a beaming smile on her small face as she sits down to watch. The cool night air brushing past, causing her dark hair to swirl almost unaturaly, giving her an almost unearthly appearance as she sits there on the branch.[/color:1air94hy]
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

Alkemar notices the pixie and slowly makes his way toward her. Once there he sits down near to her.
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Journey before destination
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

OOC: *blink*

No I did not post Alayna actions, she landed on a branch above the dancers. She weighes as low as 8 pounds, perhaps a little more. To join her on a branch of a tree might result in too much weigh on the branch. It would also be interesting to know how Alkemar (creature type unknown) made its way to Alayna "slowly" as there are guards in place. Also I can not react to a name alone, I know you have no evil intent, but Gallea and the others there do not. A Pixie not casting spells is not a concern, nor is a tried wolf that poses no danger. Your character might appear to be a danger.

One other detail to mention, Rooky is part of the play and the old tied wolf might notice a new visitor, that at times one needs to wait for others playes to post. I am not one that believes in a posting always should apply, however I do seek reasonable time interactions.

IC: *As Gallea's song raises in power, the Drpw words singing the praise of Eilistraee, a Silver light envelopes her and the dancers about her blood their swords on the edge of the clearing in the glade. Cuts on each leg and each arm can be seen and smelled by those with good tracking abilities. The song slowly dies in the eve as the moonlight fades from the travel of the moon though the sky. Gallea steps from the center of the clearing, with a thought her atuned blade flies to her hand* Welcome to all of you that come in Peace. May the Dark Maidens Blessings be with you. *Eyes glance toward Alayna* Little one you are welcomed as kin.
Rooky
Legend

Post by Rooky »

[color=darkred:2i6wtmuu]* Graybeard barely stood up on his feet, and walked over to the dancers, the smell of blood cousing eaven greater quriosty. He payed no attention whatsoever to the newcomer, and the pixie was a sight all to often. These...dancers were new to him. He'd never seen anything like it. Graybeard was a great brachyurus. Much greater then a eaven a dire wolf, his shere size, and strenght strike fear into the hearts of his enemies. He entered the glade making his preasence wery much noted. Making noise, growling, grumbling and cursing every guard in Common he saw, he aproached the Priestes. His voice was deep, and wizzened with great age.* -My name is Graybeared, so called by the local
humans. Who are you? Why've you come here? I've been here for almostt
three decades, and never have I seen your race. [/color:2i6wtmuu]
Velve
Regular

Post by Velve »

[color=violet:2jaqu6s5]The small pixie remains suprisingly silent as she watches the dance end. Her wings twitch excitedly as she is welcomed warmly, a grin coming to her doll like face. "Oh thank you!" She says to Gallea, "The Dark Maiden is very nice indeed. I wonder if I will ever meet her?" She tilts her head to the side as she speaks, the last mostly to herself.[/color:2jaqu6s5]
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

*Alkemar Gallea's eyes turn to you first.* One that comes in solence and remains solent is one that might be a point of concerm. My name is Gallea, how name you yourself? What deity do you follow?

*Words speak to Greybread, while eyes still watch Alkemar* Greybread as honor to meet you. To answer your question we are dancers in moonlight and we are elves. There are some that call us dark elves because of our skin, there are others that call us evil because of the actions of many dark skinned elves. 30 years and we have not meet before, now we have been here over 50, though we spend much time underground.

*Alayna Gallea smiles to you* Little one we both are faery in blood line, just different paths taken. Yes it is posible you might meet Eilistraee if good fortune comes to you.
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

Alkemar: "Alkemar to be called I am, and I have not found yet a diety to my heart true. I have knolwledge deep only of Lolth and Vaeraun, and those are two that no desire to follow have I."
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Rooky
Legend

Post by Rooky »

[color=darkred:3hegroov] *Graybeard tremained silent for a while, the nearly grey eyes wathcing the priestes carefully. * I know what elves are. Some of them potect us. Some of them hunt hunt us for out fur. I've never seen your clan before, not the rest of you...*dark skinned* elves. Perchance you could tell me who Eilistraee is?[/color:3hegroov]
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Alkemar that is a nice name *Gallea smiles to you* May the light take Lolth ((OOC note: Light take a Drow is an insult)) and her allies. We have nothing to do with them. Those that follow Vaeraun do have a slightly better code, but we reject that as well. Come in peace where the flowers grow under the the Sun. Where all are welcome with peace that come in peace. *Lowers her sword point* We though know not all come in peace and we defend our own from such. You came quiet and though the guards, perhaps you are all you say you are. For now I will infer this is true. Do you seek some food or shelter?

*Gallea turns to face Graybeard, though others still smile to Alkemar.* I would be happy to talk of Eilistraee a caring mother of those that apperciate the goodness of world, things like beauty, song, dance and craftmenship.
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

[color=darkblue:3r5nv8t5]Alkemar: "Most pleasant that would be, Lady. Wish also you might to know that a brother I have, and following me he is. Like it I would not for him to surprise you.[/color:3r5nv8t5]

[color=darkred:3r5nv8t5]OOC: Nine hells, but it is hard to write with this godawful grammar. ;) [/color:3r5nv8t5]
Life before death
Strength before weakness