A Temple

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Velve
Regular

Post by Velve »

[color=violet:qylfjzj3]The pixie gently flutters over to the conversing Dark Elves and wolf. "Whips look painfull... I saw Mast- Err, the nasty drow that kept me be punished once..."
With her little imput said, she flys to he wolf and with the boldness of a child, sits on its back.[/color:qylfjzj3]
KyrielNightmage
Maid
Maid

Post by KyrielNightmage »

Kyriel walks up the temple steps, once at the top, and smiles abit when he reaches the doorways, with his symbol of Elistraee engraved onto his chest plate, though his armor is more of the style of the blackguards, he knows his armor would better route out all treachery in the ranks of the paladins of Elistraee, he stops by the large doorways, and places his hands onto the doors large handles, and opens them, pushing them open (much of like how strider did in LOTR 2, or was it 3, cant remember, back to character) once open, his black cape flies behind him, feeling the warth, and grace of Eilistraee, his mid back white hair flowing with his cape, his head hung down abit, as he slowly enters the temple doorway, once inside, he closes the doors behind him.

After a few moments, he raises his head, and his lavender like eyes can be seen, he keeps his hands on his longswords that hangs on his hips, he walks to one of the pues, and kneels down, and begins to pray to his goddess.
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

Post by Unen_Stealthfoot »

[color=darkblue:1qi0ec6k]Alekemar: *gratefully accepts the food and water and commences to eat quietly, while keeping his eyes on the forest.*[/color:1qi0ec6k]

[color=blue:1qi0ec6k]*Another two Drow enter the clearing, see Alkemar and a female whom they assume to be the leader here. The male walks up and adresses her* "Well met, Xandar am I and I mean you no harm. Are you a friend of the lady with the long, silver hair that I and my sister here met a little ways back? That lady directed us this way.[/color:1qi0ec6k]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Journey before destination
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Gallea smiles to the wolf as the male dark elf disappears from sight (OCC: about the only way I can deal with a missing Lirian) and speaks to the wolf. "There are many fears one encounters and some take a long time to get over. Things are at peace now. May you also be at peace." Notices the pixie landing on the back of the wolf.

A little time passes in song and dance and her eyes are drarwn to Kyriel as enters the grove to offer worship. A soft voice speaks to you. "We respect all that honor the Godess."

Alekemar you are left undisturbed as you eat.

As the two others enter Gallea eyes turn to study them. Smiles at Xandar's introductiom. "Many wear hair long, and of some it is silver. Indeed a friend of mine may have directed you here. My name is Gallea and many call me a Dark Lady."
Rooky
Legend
Location: A spooky wood, with man-eating little giant space hampsters

Post by Rooky »

[quote="Velve":sgfxp4r2][color=violet:sgfxp4r2]The pixie gently flutters over to the conversing Dark Elves and wolf. "Whips look painfull... I saw Mast- Err, the nasty drow that kept me be punished once..."
With her little imput said, she flys to he wolf and with the boldness of a child, sits on its back.[/color:sgfxp4r2][/quote:sgfxp4r2]

*The wolf quickly started to turn in circles trying to find out where the voice came from and what was on his back*
:3
Velve
Regular

Post by Velve »

[color=violet:wx90a9x1]The little winged creature giggles as she is spun around on the wolf's back. She grabs lightly onto its fur to prevent from being tossed off, and climbs to the wolf's head, and using her wings to hold her up, looks into the wolf's eyes upside down with a huge grin, her large eyes twinkling with mirth.[/color:wx90a9x1]
Rooky
Legend
Location: A spooky wood, with man-eating little giant space hampsters

Post by Rooky »

*The wolf looks at the pixie* If I start rapidly loosing my fur, I'll roll over...
:3
KyrielNightmage
Maid
Maid

Post by KyrielNightmage »

He looks at the woman who spoke him, and nods his head abit, after his prayer, he makes his cape like that of a cloak, to cover over his body, he then get up, and walks over to the festivites, he leans against the building, just watching the people having fun, drinking, and dancing, he hears the words and laughter in the air, but all he can remember is hearing the screams of the tortured in the underdark when he was last there*
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

[color=blue:32rgl5tz]Xandar: *nods his head in acknowledgment* Thank you for your welcome, Lady. *Wanders over to his brother and sits down*[/color:32rgl5tz]

[color=indigo:32rgl5tz]Sarafin: *Stares at Gallea and says in faltering common:* My brothers told me that life was different on the surface, but my mind can hardly take it all in. The females here act so... differently from my homeland..... I think I like it. May I stay with you and learn your ways?[/color:32rgl5tz]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

As a slight breeze rises though the trees, Gallea reaches for a light robe to warp about her. Her eyes considering her guests espcially the Drow. The pixie and the wolf of little concern right now, but perhaps a problem to come if there is a fur pulling contest. The eyes drift to Kyrie as he seeks to enjoy the company of the other Dark Ladies , a smile sent his way. The others though need far greater attention. Xandar sitting next to Alekemar and acepting the gifts of food not much a concern either for now, but her blade is nearby if needed. Thus the eyes turn to Sarafin.

"Nau ssrig'luin ulu telanth rivvin (No need to speak common). Ghil udos ph'jal abbilen, tlu a gre'as'anto (Here we are all friends, be at peace)."
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

[color=darkblue:3ug1y0oy]Alkemar: *mutter, mutter, casts continual flame on the very top of Xandar's head, so that his brother doesn't realize that his head has just sprouted bluish flames. Alkemar snorts in amusmet at his own joke and just shakes his head when Xandar asks him what is so funny.*[/color:3ug1y0oy]

[color=indigo:3ug1y0oy]Serafin: "Thank you." *stares as one brother's head spouts flame and the other starts shaking with silent laughter.*[/color:3ug1y0oy]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
silke_rahn
Regular

Post by silke_rahn »

Silke had traveled far in the years since she last set foot on the soil of Toril. She saw the glow of the fire's light from a hilltop that Silke had stopped to survey the area near the portal she had just exited.

Music wafted in the air to her. The tune caught her with its rhythm. Silke felt the draw of the song. She knew that the Dark Maiden had called her home now for a reason.

Silke said to herself: "It has been a long time since I last heard the Dark Maiden's song. How I missed it so. I should go down and join in on the rite. But, how do I intrude on a group of strangers to me."

Silke paused to reflect on her next actions. "Do I just barge in or do I wait and watch for the right moment?" Silke got to her feet and began to move quietly through the woods that surrounded the clearing.

"I wonder what year it is now?" she mused, "Planar travel does not guarantee that I have come back to Toril anytime near to when I left. What has it been fifteen, sixteen years only Eilistraee and the other higher powers knew for sure?"

Silke armed only with a non-magical, but master crafted longsword called a Cut and Thrust Sword on the world she just left, a matching dagger, also master crafted, and a composite recurved long bow. All her weapons and the arrows in her quiver were products of the world that Eilistraee had recalled her from.

Silke finally reached the shadows at the edge of the clearing. There Silke blended into the shadows to observe the gathering. There were about a half-dozen Drow, a couple of Elves, and small mixture of humans and other races dancing to the rhythm of the Lady of the Dance's song.

"Lady, why have you recalled me from my place of exile? I and my family have made new lives for us there, yet I sense that you have need of me in the Realms once more," Silke said under her breath as she watched the gathering of the Dark Maiden's followers.

In her new home Silke had become a respected scholar after having served as a soldier in the army of her new country. Like most of her people she adapted to the new ways of doing things, but she kept her old skills alive as well. In her new world magic was not as openly practiced as in the Realms, but it was more stable. The native humans seemed to have made a world that function without magic, though there were legends of its use in their past. In her new position as a scholar Silke used the tools of the technically more advanced world, but she had to leave those behind and return to the world of her birth.

Here in the Realms she would have to rely on the seer for forecasting events. For her own survival the sword, dagger, and bow would be her defenses along with her skill at stealth. Long ago it seems it was so long ago it was these same skills that kept her alive during Neverwinter's war with Luskin.

Now she tested her skill as a ranger and summoned her animal companion. Adel was a brown bear that came to her the first time she summoned an animal companion and the two of them had been friends since then. She new it would take some time for the mental request to be answered so she returned to watching the gathering pay homage to Eilistraee from the shadows of the night shrouded forest.

With the hood of her black cape up and her keeping to the shadows Silke knew only a mage or cleric with true seeing or a skilled rogue might see her. Five years teaching comparative mythology to humans that had her as their only example of anyone with elven blood had not dulled her skills as ranger, rogue, or shadow dancer. Silke knew that she could walk into the clearing unseen and yet be still in plain sight. Silke hoped that the medieval and Renaissance fencing and archery skills she practiced with a local ancient and Middle Ages reenactment group helped her to maintain her skills with blades and the bow. "Eilistraee forbid that I have lost my edge," Silke thought as she walked forward toward the diverse gathering of the Dark Maidens followers.

The old Dancer's Silhouette armor still had its power and it helped to conceal her movement into the clearing and the circle of gathered Eilistraee worshipers. She waited until she was in the center of the circling dancers to begin her own dance.

Silke watched as the gathered followers of the Lady of the Dance flowed around her in their own dances. Then slowly she lowered the hood to her cape. Next she unbuckled the clasp that kept the cape fastened. She let the black velvet, black satin lined garment flow off of her like water. The cape made a black puddle on the ground just behind her.

Then Silke took off her baldric that carried her sword and laid it to her side. Next she took off the pouch that hung across her diagonally by its strap and laid it on her baldric. Then as she felt the music of the dance seep into her very soul Silke unfastened her weapons’ belt that held her dagger and a couple of other pouches letting it join he cape on the ground. This was followed by her slowly and in rhythm with the music removing her boots, her trousers, armor, and her tunic. The dance she did while disrobing would have put any erotic dancer to shame.

Finally she was just down to the only pieces of attire she wore over from the other world, a sport bra and a thong. Both items were nearly as black as her skin.

Silke began to really move with the rhythm of the Dance. Her feet began to move and her body swayed in union with the music flowing like a gentle breeze. Her pale icy blue eyes caught a Drow female looking right at her. Deep within her whether the other dancers noticed or not Silke knew that she was looking at the avatar of the Dark Maiden. She knew her questions about why she was brought back to the Realms from her new home would be answered shortly.
[/i]
Drow on the Surface face as many dangers as those in the Underdark. Just because the Rivvil is friendly does not mean he wishes to help you, he may just want to get you off guard before knifing you.
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

[color=darkblue:1nq8wq70]Alkemar suddenly realizes that the new lady he sees dancing is, in fact, invisible to the others. He watches her more closely, wondering why she would come to this haven, only to disguise herself from those that would (presumably) shelter her.[/color:1nq8wq70]

[color=indigo:1nq8wq70]Serafin shrugs at her brothers and goes off on her own to think. She sits down at the edge of the clearing, after inclining her head respectfully at the high priestess.[/color:1nq8wq70]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Children is all they are Gallea decides as one cast flames over the other. The wolf appears at peace now so the robe slips off as the music played calls her bak into the dance. Perhaps Alkemar believes no one sees or knows about Silke, but those in the dance know she entered by just the air that moved about her. Well eyes may not have even glanced her way the dance felt her and the dancers wondered about her. As the arms are droped the dance becomes more joyist.
silke_rahn
Regular

Post by silke_rahn »

Silke sensing that another has seen her lets herself be known to all. She then takes the two Earth made swords and dances a graceful and artistic ballet to the rhtym waffing through the sanctuary. All the while seen is seeking the one that noticed her.

(For those looking at the new arrival, Silke is a medium height and weight female Kitrye-Ilythiiri with short cropped and spiked whitish blond hair, icy-blue eyes, and a complexion that tends towards the lighter side of obsidian. {Her mother is a minor Drow matron and a priestess/ ranger of Eilistraee and a retired Harper Agent. Silke's father was a human from a parallel Earth and once was in the German Army [yes the role-players I hang with do a lot with the portal thing.]} Silke is currently wearing a next to nothing, but those strategic areas are covered by a black sport bra and a black thong. On the ground in a trail leading back to where she came of the woods are a corsellett of leather and chain in black, similar arm armor and leg armor, a pair of heavy leather black boots, a black long sleeved tunic shirt, and a pair of black cloth leggings along with a black wrap-around weapons belt with a dagger scabbard and a couple of pouches on it, a baldric with a sword in a scabbard, a water/ wineskin, a leather pack (about the size of a large bookbag) and a bedroll...)
Last edited by silke_rahn on Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Drow on the Surface face as many dangers as those in the Underdark. Just because the Rivvil is friendly does not mean he wishes to help you, he may just want to get you off guard before knifing you.