[CAMPAIGN] The Perrils of Frost Fell Vol.I

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Elrohir
Regular

Serik&Frinya

Post by Elrohir »

[color=darkred:gf04hstx]Serik: Your vision hails no promis as all is black with a foaming cold. The bones have no heat there are no foot steps of any visiters in the recent hours. Ventureing into the cave the ground is slick with a thin sheet of ice. and the earth is uncut except by natural forms. the cave takes you to a fork in your road left and up or right and down. You notice faint fadeing lines of purple tracking down the right path. Still no torches or any forms of light. the stink of rotting flesh wafts you from the corrador.[/color:gf04hstx]

[color=black:gf04hstx]Frinya: the promis of riches beyond you wildest dreams even the dreams of a dragon couldent place upon the riches you were promised. An arch mage came to you in your dreams giving you these promises. He left you a small blue crystal tied to leather string.

"Take this and head north you will know when you are near your destination. May Auril embrace you as her own and bless you in your travles."

Those words he spoke to you nearly two weeks ago and since then your travels have been perilous if the cold didnt bother you the streaming line of seeming inumerable goblins comeing out of the snow has plagued your travels. Though you finaly found a mountain and the crystal begain to radiate a cold frost about it. The only thought was to go up the mountain. The weather was not as harsh as it could have been. Traveling up the mountain wasent to hard but not really easy as there is no direct path up the mountain. You could have sworn you saw another figure far up the mountain about an hours journey up cross over a clif ledge. you also spot a clear path that looks to be a set of stairs leading up the swirl of the mountain. Thick white clouds loom overhead stoping you from seeing the top. [/color:gf04hstx]
Violet flames Hail my comeing. Cold oblivion swirls in my passing. But pain and agony beyond comprehenssion reaps in my presance. Odion Demonius Archmage Eternal of the Midnite Academy.
Sabaal
Hero||Heroine

Re: Lilac&Iternog

Post by Sabaal »

As I see something moving within the ice I go to pick one of the torches but feeling it doesn't make any heat but cold instead I keep my hands from touching it and step back, making a theory in my mind.

"Hum..." I say to the Monk "Isn't it strange that this fire's not hot but cold? whatever did this" I point to the Ice wall "may have placed this torches to keep whatever's inside the ice frozen. Perhaps is time to use one of those habilityes I haven't used in years. Wait for me here, I'll be right back. I wanna see how thick's this Icewall and what's behind it".

I switch to heat vision and take a good look at the wall for a couple of minutes, then I levitate to see how tall and thick's the Icewall.

"I'll be right back!" I scream to my newlly found partner.
Tarlyn
Regular

Post by Tarlyn »

Itrenog observes the wall as well and agrees with Lilac and tells her as much"Yes I think you are right. I am not going anywhere and will be here when you get back".
Elrohir
Regular

Iternog&Lilac

Post by Elrohir »

Lilac:[color=blue:1kqi2tv7]Levetateing up and switching visions you feel to have been blinded as all things went simply black. You hear a slight rumble as you turn from your scream down to your partner. A plot of snow dabbles on your hand. You see nothing but only feel your self begin to slow your momentum has droped. After things have quietend now you hear a very faint song comeing from beyond you. [/color:1kqi2tv7]

Iternog:[color=darkblue:1kqi2tv7]After closer inspection of the wall holding the torch close. You do see a mishapening of the ice you glance what seemed like a floating body of a woman looking to have been long dead by drowning. eyes closed and flaoting lifelessly. you to begin to hear a gentle song very appealing to the ears. it seems to come from everywhere around you but no where all at once. You find your self feeling lighter as if euphoric. The radiant cold chills your face. as you find your self leaning against the ice with your face first. The woman floating seems to be holding her arms out to you as she floats to you. [/color:1kqi2tv7]
Violet flames Hail my comeing. Cold oblivion swirls in my passing. But pain and agony beyond comprehenssion reaps in my presance. Odion Demonius Archmage Eternal of the Midnite Academy.
Rooky
Legend
Location: A spooky wood, with man-eating little giant space hampsters

Post by Rooky »

*The bitter cold was welcome by the half-elf, as she had many a day in the cold regions of the North. She looked up, and what looked like a humanoid was gone covered up by impenetrable clouds...then again, it could have been another goblin. It didn't matter...no matter how much of the vermin crawled out of theyre holes, they were cut down as quickly as they wrigled out of theyre holes. Bloodstained and with a look of rage on her face, she continued up the stairs, to meet the one, who disturbed her 'sleep' after a long day of hunting*
:3
Tarlyn
Regular

Post by Tarlyn »

Itrenog tries to resist the woman's "charm" by stepping back from the wall and moving around, trying to keep focused. He peers up to see if Lilac is having any luck and is faring better than he is.
Sabaal
Hero||Heroine

Post by Sabaal »

As I see everything black with the heat vision I switch to normal vision again.

As I start feeling so happy I think [i:35dz9j0j]"Nice feeling... Feelings shouldn't interfere with reason..."[/i:35dz9j0j] I try to resist it only to the point that it doesn't interfere with my reasoning. Is good to feel happy but not when the feeling doesn't let you think on what's really important.

I look around, trying to see whats inside the Ice.

"Any luck?" I ask to my friend in the ground while scrying the best that I can inside the Ice. "Perhaps this is just to distract adventurers! I wonder what sould happen if we could take those torches away or put them off somehow!" I say to him while I keep trying to scry in the ice. Only when I'm satisfyed with what I see I get down to the ground again.
nightcancerwolf
Maid
Maid

Post by nightcancerwolf »

ooc: talk about timing. sorry guys i still haven't got steady internet acess. i'm trying to get things set up at the local library so i can get on her. thank god i can acess it from here.

ic: I shriveld my nose up at the stench but decided to follow the lights. something appeared to have gone this way, although i wasn't sure what. I stepped cautiously down the pathway scanning the path in front of me and kepping my ears open in all directions.
Elrohir
Regular

Frinya,Serik,Iternog&Lilac

Post by Elrohir »

[color=darkblue:2gsdo26k][b:2gsdo26k]Iternog:[/b:2gsdo26k] The woman opens her eyes as black pools of cold hatred burns into your soul. Trying to pull away you feel icy cold hands wrap about your head pushing you into the womans boosom. You feel your face begin to sink into the ice wall.

"Dont struggle come with me. Ill take you to a happy place."

The womans voice sooths ((You suceed in chance role)) but it has no charm to you now the only problem is that this woman is abnormaly strong and is still trying to push you into the ice with her.[/color:2gsdo26k]

[color=blue:2gsdo26k][b:2gsdo26k]Lilac:[/b:2gsdo26k] Looking down you see your new partner looking like hes being pulled into the ice by a pair of flesh ridden and rotten hands you see about half of his head gone into the ice. You also notice a pair of bonely feet come out at his waist and they begin to pull his waist into the ice as well. [/color:2gsdo26k]

[color=darkred:2gsdo26k][b:2gsdo26k]Frinya:[/b:2gsdo26k] Closeing the distance between you and the clouded threshold. You top the ledge and come to view. a cave entrance lit by blue flameing torches on either side a pile of Giants bones rests at the right side and footsteps are seen in the snow before you. Leading into the cave you can tell that these steps were light as if the person was trained in the art of stealth. But no track can be unseen in snow.[/color:2gsdo26k]

[color=red:2gsdo26k][b:2gsdo26k]Serik:[/b:2gsdo26k] Walking further down the corridor you feel that you are actually going down into the mountain but at such a slight grade its barely noticable. the purple light begin to brighten up into the orange and red spectrum and the shape looks clearer to that of a hoof print instead of a a boot print. The smell of roting flesh and death gets stronger as you venture down you feel a draft graze you from your right side as you pass by and contenue into what seems a large ante chamber looking like it would hold Giants as a lair. The room is well lit but no one is in the room a large table centers the room as an actual orange fire for heat burns in the hearth. Though it is only low and nearly only embers a few flames contenualy dance about the wood. A roasting spit is hung over the fire with remnants of its last meal still warming by the fire. A Large wooden door is streight ahead as a smaller iron door is to the left of the fire. The celing is simply a cave celing with a few jags here and there. You also notice a hole in the wall to the right of you. The smell of rotten flesh seems to be comeing from there. [/color:2gsdo26k]
Rooky
Legend
Location: A spooky wood, with man-eating little giant space hampsters

Post by Rooky »

*Frinya walks into the cave, following the footsteps. She drew out her two poison daggers, ready for whatever is in here.*
:3
nightcancerwolf
Maid
Maid

Post by nightcancerwolf »

I draw both of my Kukri, and hold them ready. I move silently along the wall away from the hole where the stench was emanating and more towards the wooden door. I was weary of the hoof shaped print. it could have been any number of creatures, a minotaur, gorgon perhaps, or any number of other creatures that dwelt in the dark places of the world.
As i passed along the wall opposite of the hole i'd glance into it, using my infravision to determine if there was anything living in there.
Tarlyn
Regular

Post by Tarlyn »

Itrenog resists the woman's embrace fiercely, struggling to move back from the long dead thing, trying to get out of the ice the thing is pulling him into.
Last edited by Tarlyn on Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sabaal
Hero||Heroine

Post by Sabaal »

As he goes merrily chatting and I see him in trouble I get back to the ground and extend my arms to each side, standing between 2 torches in front of the woman in the ice and chant a spell. If there's a remote chance that I can help the monk with my burning hands spell I have to try it at least. and that's why I put my arms extended to the sides, so the wave of fire can affect the flames but not the monk.

I chant it in 3 different lenguages to try to give it more power:

"Treemma vel'bol zotrethen dos zhaun, treemma l' morn'lo nindel zotrethen dos charnag.
Treemma svabol strikes wux vucot, treemma wer morne batobot strikes wux charnag.
Thaes shar mojaer o cyrn, thaes si caer sar mojaer o paer."

If the spell makes no effect I cry and strike the arms of the undead trying to help him get his face out of the ice to breathe.

(OOC Note: the spell is in [url=http://www.grey-company.org/Maerdyn/res ... /:3vpc4kva]Drow[/url:3vpc4kva], [url=http://masamek.twilightrealm.com/transl ... /:3vpc4kva]draconic[/url:3vpc4kva] and [url=http://www.coveworld.net/eberron/aerena ... l:3vpc4kva]elven[/url:3vpc4kva], but in every lenguage it says the same)
Elrohir
Regular

Lilac,Iternog,Frinya,Serik

Post by Elrohir »

[b:3bvmmu62]Lilac:[/b:3bvmmu62]Fire sprays forth from your hands with such force it pushes you back into the snow. Your heels digging into the ground. The torches wicker and die, bringing a shreik from the undead woman. You notice she releases Iternog and flails about within the ice. ((You failed your save)) The shreik is so powerfull and ear splitting that you cant take it any more the sound splits your head with pain (Migrain headache) And it leaves you with a ringing in your ears that simply is just annoying. but you also notice that you cant even hear the wind blowing over the ringing.\

[b:3bvmmu62]Iternog:[/b:3bvmmu62] You feel an emince amount of heat to your sides as the jets of flame burst past you. The woman lets go of you and you free your self from the ice pushin away and the sudden release. you fall to your backside in the snow. As a loud wail of pain comes from the woman. ((You Succeed your save)) Luckily your draconic ears dont catch the sound as well as Lilac's elvish ears. And you are not stunned. You hear fully what the woman has to say.

"You fools now you will pay for what you have done. Go my children have your meal take every last bit of their will to live."

[b:3bvmmu62]Iternog&Lilac:[/b:3bvmmu62] You see smaller figures within the ice come flying out of it to a shamebling role about twelve figures come out at a quick glimps you can see the flesh rotten but yet frozen in place. A moments silence passes and the woman fades from view. The twelve lumps in the snow begin to stir and rise from the snow. a better view would show.

*Before you stands Twelve Undead Children A form of zombie/Ghoul Deep burning red eyes fill their socets as they each stare at you. They are naked save a loing cloth covering what would be there private area's SOmes faces look like they have been chewed off while others look compleatly whole. Their hands are fleshless and the bone has been sharpend down. Their left hands are all missing and the stump is sharpend down to a point. In unison they begin their slow approach*

[color=darkblue:3bvmmu62][b:3bvmmu62]Frinya:[/b:3bvmmu62]Ventureing into the cave the ground is slick with a thin sheet of ice. and the earth is uncut except by natural forms. the cave takes you to a fork in your road left and up or right and down. You notice puddles of water where someones heat had melted the thin layer of ice, tracking down the right path. Still no torches or any forms of light. the stink of rotting flesh wafts you from the corrador.

[b:3bvmmu62]Serik:[/b:3bvmmu62]The hole yeilds nothing but darkness but you no its not just a hole with no end its a chute of some sort leading down as far as you can tell. But as you near the wodden door the sound of Foot steps can be heard well maby not foot steps something large and heavy. Voices soon pick up from a distance ((Failed listen check)) Though they are inaudible at the moment. You atleast know someone or something is on its way to you. And it might be bringing visitors with it.
[/color:3bvmmu62]
Tarlyn
Regular

Post by Tarlyn »

Standing unstaedily at first, then gripping his Quarterstaff , Itrenog faces the undead children. " I have no spells but know how to use this, Lilac." Itrenog will fight defensively to better his AC and face the undead children trying not to get ambushed by them.