[CAMPAIGN] The Last Drow

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Elrohir
Regular

[CAMPAIGN] The Last Drow

Post by Elrohir »

This game is intended for Argos alone. But, However if any others are interested. Pm me and ill see what i can do. I hope you Enjoy Argos.
Violet flames Hail my comeing. Cold oblivion swirls in my passing. But pain and agony beyond comprehenssion reaps in my presance. Odion Demonius Archmage Eternal of the Midnite Academy.
Elrohir
Regular

The Last Drow

Post by Elrohir »

Troy offered his pale delicate white hand to Argos with a gentle smile. His deep purple robes flowing with his movements.

"Come Argos There is something I beleive you must see."
Violet flames Hail my comeing. Cold oblivion swirls in my passing. But pain and agony beyond comprehenssion reaps in my presance. Odion Demonius Archmage Eternal of the Midnite Academy.
Sabaal
Hero||Heroine

Post by Sabaal »

Still very confused, Argos finished her meal, not understanding at all what's going on, and her expression is bitter.

The idea of going into the ocean to be alone has been replaced now with going to the desert to be alone. Is less complicated.

Hesitatingly, she takes Troy's hand. The least she can do to thank his hospitality and the meal he bought her is to see what he wants to show her, besides is more her confusion moving her hands than anything else. He's talking about 2000 years of being hung in time and space after all and that is worth to go see.

Nodding she whispers "Let's go..."
Elrohir
Regular

Argos

Post by Elrohir »

Upon takeing his hand you feel it to be as soft as silk. it would seem he had not done a single days hard work in his life. Tho his hand creases within his hands were long and well aged. The color of his skin a pale gray incontrast to your stark black glove. Walking along outside down the road. You notice that there is one violet sun and one yellow sun.

"The twin suns of Argoth. Our world, the world you now walk. The Violet sun Legend says that Odion Created it to give the world life. But he soon found that the violet flames scorched the surface with its ultraviolet rays. So the goddess Payidevim created the yellow sun. Much like that of Old Faerun. It is widly rumored that that is where the two gods reside within the hearts of the stars. Mystra or as you should know her as Mina before her ascension. She will be visable as the suns pass. As the goddess of the weave of magic She resides within the blue moon Amongst her waring sisters Selune and Shar. Yes some of the gods still exist."

As you walked you seem to notice that the sandy path had now become hard like that of stone. but upon looking down it was not stone but a clear glass dulled by the red sands beneith it. the glas was cut to that of a stone paved road. The buildings eventually became better built and not all made of simple wood and sand but more of a brick and some parts created of thick stained glass. Varrying in collors in the entire spectrum. Troy rambled on more of some hostory of how great Odion was and his wives and the great deeds that he did alongside his wives, and his many many children.

"It is also said that Vulca an everlasting being of pure flame Forged our world from the blood of Odion during his battle with.... Ahhhhh You can see it now. The tower of the Midnite socioty."

You look up and see the peak of a great Crystaline spire that seemed to reach to the heavens themselves. As you contenue along the glass path you see more of the tower noticing its color is that the same of Troy's robes. The deep Violet you remember so well from the Ultra Violet crystal you have in your dagger. You feel a pulse from it as you get closer much like that of a heart beat, slowly gaining momentum. The tower looked like a giant spike stabbing the heavens but as you look harder you see it looks more like an erect male organ.

"Youll get used to the towers look. Odion is the Lord of lust and Passion. It only seems fitting that he Build his greatest tower in image of himself." *He chuckles more to himself then to you*

As you walk on more you see the base is covered by two large dome like structures And what seems now as you have veered more westward another great spire a mirror image of the first one. Jutting out from the base as well.
Sabaal
Hero||Heroine

Re: Argos

Post by Sabaal »

[i:20tprh8d]"Argoth..."[/i:20tprh8d] The name bothers me as it is just a coincidence... or perhaps a way of laughing about me, but I shake it from my mind. What does bother me a lot is when he says that Odion's a god now. Didn't he say before he was a planeswalker?

When he mentions Mina ascending to become the new Mystra I try to wipe away the thought that she also lied to me, and I whisper "She... she gave me this" and I look at the cape and listen to what he says, bitterly.

When we get to the tower and he mentions that Odion's a god of lust and passion I whisper to him "Then I guess I'll have to turn to celibacy" and when I see the full picture of the tower I think [i:20tprh8d]"Gross"[/i:20tprh8d] but is not really that the shape bothers me, is just the thought of this place being a monument to him.

When we finally get to the door I stop right there and mutter "I don't know if I really should go in there, Troy. The last time I was in a tower of mages I was made prisoner for doing nothing wrong. I just bumped into a guy and he sent me to prison, besides I think I know what I'll find in there: Images of Odion, statues of his dick, columns with the same shape, sure a lot of things I don't wanna see because it brings me bad memories. For you Odion did all that 2000 years ago. For me he did it this morning. Is too fresh, besides he destroyed my life and cursed my son Kelnoz, is it REALLY necessary that I go in there? if you say so and assure me nothing bad will happen I'll have to believe you... for now, but I'd rather not go in there" I say not in a whisper any more.
Elrohir
Regular

Argos

Post by Elrohir »

Troy looks to you as you pause.

"Ah yes you are still feeling the effects of being phased through time. You must have done something truely wrong to have my lord send you away in such drastic terms and to such a diffrent time."

He looks around up into the sky taping his finger on his chin as if thinking. All of the sudden "Light blub"

"Ahh I have it I can just teleport us to the library so you dont have to view to much of the tower. As i know the memories might be painful."

He begins to move his hands in a arcane fassion as blueish purple light begins to glow from them and a gate appears before you.

"After you my Lady."

He bowes with a plesant smile. You dont see your destination throught he portal but you smell the scents of old paper and dry musk comeing from the portal.

"Hurry now a dimensional gate open to long could let through things unwanted."
Sabaal
Hero||Heroine

Post by Sabaal »

As he casts his spell I remember that now I don't trust portals much and I grab his arm gently and pull him with me through the portal. Wherever it goes he's going with me. It'll take me a while to start trusting magick users again... if I live enough, of course.

Once at the other side of the portal, before even looking where am I, I turn him softly to face me and as nicely as I can I talk to him.

"Yes, memories are painfull, but I assure you, the only thing I did wrong was trusting Odion. Perhaps you adore him as a god but for me he's the drow that destroyed my life, killed all of my dreams and put a horrible curse on an 8 years old boy and he even denied me MY revenge against MY enemyes. I went spying so he could destroy Drak'ul and he denied me my own revenge! He took my son away from me and lady Mina promised if I went on that stupid spying mission for them he'd set me free to live with my son and rebuild my life, but she was lying... or perhaps he lied to her..." I say the last word with clenched teeth as tears start to form in my eyes and I'm fighting really hard to keep them there and not to roll down my face while I talk and pull my hood back so he can have a good look at skin, eyes and hair colour. I don't care for what he or anyone else does to me any more. I just want to get over this so I can go to die in the desert where noone can find me.

"Once I went spying for him, to bring HIM his information I had to do horrible things, and I only did them so he'd leave us alone, but he couldn't. He brain washed my son against me and sent me here... just another kind of prison so please, PLEASE, don't talk about your lord Odion so lightly with me... I beg you, Troy" I wipe my tears "Now please, show me what you want." I say more gently now.
Elrohir
Regular

Argos

Post by Elrohir »

[color=blue:1ag9r8ch]
Passing through the portal you feel abit noxious but thats just the passing through. The effects pass soon later. You find your self within the tower the floors are made of that same crystaline glass though not all is violet. The colors within are varried within all the spectrum of the rainbow. The walls are lined with shelves loaded with books stacked to the bim. As you circle around in your surroundings you see that there isnt even any real wallspace. All of it is books And there are no furnishings within the room as well. The celing is looming above you you dont even see it really save for the violet flamed bronze brazer burning up high. filling the room with a minty vanilla smell. There arnt even any doors or windows within.

As you turn Troy twords you and speak your peice. A look of almost fatherly concern covers his face. His deep blue eyes softening with the chine of a innocent youth.

"Your feelings are not misplaced. It is well noted that Odion even in his own rightiousness. He was still but a mortal man though elfkind like you and I. He was still a man and all men and women make mistakes in their lives. Come I must show you this."

He walks twords the center of the room and you finaly just now notice small pointed ears from beneith his stark white hair. You hear a few mutterings of magic and he points up some where at the book shelves. And one book lopes gently down twords him. While his other hand is waveing above the crystaline glass floor raising the floor up in the fassion of a small table. Two chairs spring up next to the table as well as two glass bulbs elequantly wrap themselves around and fill with a soft white light. Troy guides the book already flipping in through the air to the designated spot, to the table. As it comes to a rest the pages are open to the desired spot. [/color:1ag9r8ch]

[color=indigo:1ag9r8ch]4th day of midsummer year 1993 One melinia and two and a half centuries after my mothers departure.

It has been a long long time since I have seen my mother. though i still remember what she looks like. Her white hair and beautiful eyes. Oh she was so pretty it was like she was carved from ebon it self. I miss her so even after so many years. Odion and Master Alak tell me that I will see her again when the time is right and when she learns to gather the big picture instead of just the here and now. Its been so long i often wonder why it takes her so long. Mistress Mina tells me that my mother was stubborn for our race. We laugh and joke about the comparison to the dwarves of the deep hollow on the island. They are such a stubborn lot indeed. Not just stubborn Hot tempered. I just figgure its because they walk around with their heads onfire all the time. Since my mothers passing i have kept up with my studies and have become a master of magic my self. I fell inlove when i first went flying with Odion Mina and Pay. It was then i decided to follow the path of Air magic. Mastering the element to my own will. Just yesterday I called down a tempest of hail and lightning upon Drak'uls Navy. Their relentless attacks seem fruitless now since We have found the Annulus. A magical artifact to nullify the powers of Drak'ul and his psionic compatriots.

17th day of deepwinter year 2009 One melinia and two and three quarters of a century after my mothers departure.

The war has been costly. Odions Ascention alongside Lady Mina and Lady Pay has caused a disruption in the ballance of good and evil. My entire race has been scourged and killed. After drak'uls fall he went into hiding masking himself as other drow and fleeing back to the underdark. Odion Planeswalker hunted his archnimesis for ages before and now the coward cant even accept his own fate. It has lead to the death of even gods let alone nearly an entire race of people. Vaerun was the first to fall followed by countless others Save Elistraee His favorite amongst the drow pantheon it was her who showed him the way of forgiveness and peace. Untill finaly he confronted Lloth her self the queen of chaos enraged at the losses to her servitors by a male held no quarter in the ensueing battle between Odion Planeswalker and the demon queen of chaos. The world was torn by their single years worth of nere endless confrontational battle. Neither seeming to tire as each posessed nere limitless power. As the battle begain to wear on them Odion had Lloth wraped in his famed wizzards beam *I wish Master Alak would teach it to me.* Lloth let out a burst of chaotic power splitting the earth and weaving manipulateing the planet to her chaotic will forever changeing the face of Faerun. Her last breath extenguished Odion colapsed in the arms of Mystra his beloved goddess and sourse of all his power. Blessed him by ascending him to godhood to be with her once more. Since his ascention The world has been diffrent Orcs became civilized Elves went ferril The dwarves left the world as we know it and humans well humans will always be humans. With strict law the only forcible presence known. Gave rise to an even greater threat then just chaos the lawful evil devils finaly put an end to their blood war and the reaches to celestia and the mortal plane are open for the grasping.

20th day after autum equanox year 2777 nearly two melinia since my mothers departure.

It has been a long long while and it seems like war is never going to end yeah there are times of peace but the devils are even worse then the demons. And it is rumored that chaos is infinate and a new breed of demons are leaching back into the empty abyss. Odion has come to us at church last equanox telling us that all over the planes the devils have wrought destruction and are nere compleat controle over all of faerun and other worlds in our plane. He plans to save his people and all others that are willing to follow. I dont know much about it but vulca hasent been out of her star forge for several months now. It burns bright red and is even visable with the sun in full view. Odion tells me i will have a special part to play in his plans. Something about Creating a shard of existance......
[/color:1ag9r8ch]

[color=darkblue:1ag9r8ch]The book closes before you with a thud and you notice you are alone in the room and there is a door infront of you just beyond the table. [/color:1ag9r8ch]
Sabaal
Hero||Heroine

Post by Sabaal »

As I pass through the portal and feel that way I thanks to whoever god's there (hopefully Mystra) that I was holding Troy's arm and put my left hand in my forehead as I shake my head and blink a couple of times to clear my vision again and I look at the room in awe.

As he speaks I think [i:akpl5psg]"Is this a way of asking me to forgive Odion? he had no right to decied over me like that"[/i:akpl5psg] but not in a rude way, in fact my expression doesn't change a bit from the afflicted one that I had when I was talking

"Are you an elf? I didn't notice the pointed ears before, I'm sorry. Perhaps you could have drow blood as your skin looked a bit greyish when we were out there" I speak to him while the book comes down and gets opened in front of me, and the furniture start to form from the ground.

[i:akpl5psg]"Don't be stupid, Argos, you're not going to even start dreaming on becoming a mage again"[/i:akpl5psg] I think to myself, when the temptation, curiosity and hunger for knowledge overcomes me again. Every intent I made to become a mage before was soundly frustrated, so I decided to forget about it.

I seat down, looking at Troy very confused "What's this?" and I start reading.

"4th day of midsummer year 1993 One melinia and two and a half centuries after my mothers departure." I read as I think to myself [i:akpl5psg]"Ok, Odion must have loved his mother to remember her departure"[/i:akpl5psg] I think to myself as I read the beggining

"It has been a long long time since I have seen my mother. though i still remember what she looks like. Her white hair and beautiful eyes. Oh she was so pretty it was like she was carved from ebon it self. I miss her so even after so many years." I continue

[i:akpl5psg]"Nah, did he really love his mother that much? No Drow loves their mother that much, they usually hate them"[/i:akpl5psg] I think and then I keep reading.

"Odion and Master Alak tell me that I will see her again..." I rise my gaze from the book, not looking at anything in particular: it just hitted me.

[i:akpl5psg]"Now wait a minute... this is not Odion..."[/i:akpl5psg] I smile boradly suddenly at the thought [i:akpl5psg]"this is my Kelnoz! My baby still remembered me after I was gone! and it says I'll see him again!"[/i:akpl5psg] I'm so happy that those stupid tears that were welling in my eyes start rolling my face, with relief. Is like my soul, that felt like it was immersed in hot lava or something had just been pulled out from there and soothing balm was covering it now. I keep reading.

"...when the time is right and when she learns to gather the big picture instead of just the here and now. Its been so long i often wonder why it takes her so long. Mistress Mina tells me that my mother was stubborn for our race...." I keep reading all the rest, smiling, even laughing at times. Is a crystalline laughter. I haven't laughed like that since my V'Yonne died in my hands and as he mentions the Annulus I remember the ring that V'yonne gave me and look at my hand to see if it's still there. As I don't see it I take mental note of searching for the thieves that bumped on me in the market and kill them. I want my ring back.

As I keep reading and read about the war I get concerned and even more when the book closes and it didn't let me know if something happened to Kelnoz in the war or not, but I hold it tight against my chest, my eyes closed and tears rolling down my face, but tears of happiness because now I have the hope that he might be still alive.

"Stupid mage!" I mutter when I notice he's not there "he gave me a reason to not go dying in the desert as I wanted! Thanks for his stupidity, HAHAHAHA!!!" I laugh in the same way for a while, and then I start looking for other books. I want to read what happened with Alak, after all if he's still alive I still owe him a dinner as I promised before I went spying. I also want to know what happened with Lady Mina. As for Payidevim I just saw her once or twice. Not enough to even care.

If I find the books I read them, with my son's writtings still against my heart. If not I go through the door (not opening it; trespassing it with the power that the UV gem gave me years ago) and I hold my dagger once again. I want to know what that dagger does after all.

[i:akpl5psg]"Good, at least one of the 4 pieces of my soul can still be recovered"[/i:akpl5psg] I think to myself as I walk to whatever's in the other room.
Elrohir
Regular

Argos

Post by Elrohir »

[color=indigo:2woycldb]You find no other books just the doorway as you pass through the portal you catcha brif glimps of the great infinate you catch site of a pair of worlds one burning in seathing fire the other a rembrance of a world not much diffrent then faerun large blue oceans and lush green plantlife and thick white clouds. Then *Snap* your back to reality in a soft lit room the flames of the candelbras range from dark red to dark blue causing the already violet glass of the tower to glow a soft (black light). You see the shadow of a figure sitting within a large chair.

(You see before you: A balded dark from shadowed by the nere absence of light around him. Dark Violet eyes peer from beyond stepled fingertips. A plume style cape cowel form can be noted in the outline but the rest seem to be void of figure in the low light about him. The desk infront of him is neat and tidy. A book was opend and marked with a red silk bookmarker. it looks to have been something he was writing in as the ink and quill are open and near the book.))

Pure white teeth shine from where his mouth would be.

"Alas she has returned as He promised."

The man speaks to you and there is something familiar in his accent that rings a bell. [/color:2woycldb]
Sabaal
Hero||Heroine

Post by Sabaal »

As I catch that brief glimpse of that infinite and those worlds it makes me dizzy and I put a hand against my forehead, while with the other I keep holding the book I have been reading.

Then, as I'm back to reality I mutter "Whoa!" and look around, blinking a few times to clear my vision. My hand still holding my forehead and still trying to hold the book close to my chest, protectively, then I focus in the man in the darkness and I try to focus my sight on him and sigh.

"That accent..." I say in Drow, thinking the man cannot understand, when he talks to me "I know that voice..." I take a few steps closer, trying to see the face of the one that's talking to me from the shadows and ask, in common"Who...? Who are you? you speak my lenguage!" after a second I ask again "... and who promised?"
Elrohir
Regular

Argos

Post by Elrohir »

[color=indigo:3kmqxt66]The man still smileing at you as he speaks to you now in the ancient and almost forgotten toung of Drow.

"Why Odion of course He promised you would return when you were needed most. 2000 plus years and you have returned Argos. I was dissapointed when you returned and you and I had not gotten to have our dinner."

he stands from the chair a long black staff appears a swirl of cosmic colors surround the staff at the top a swirl of a galaxy is carved into its intricate metal. Diamond dust and other precious gem dust glitter its outer rings as full sunburst cut gemstones form the cosmos about the galaxy. You notice as he comes closer that he is a void the cape rests down his shoulders but his body can be full seen tho he would seem naked to the eye beyond some goves and the cape and a Violet gemed amulet resting upon his chest fasioned from Adamantine chain.

"Hello again Argos. It has been a long time since we las saw each other. Incase you dont remember me I was once Alak the apprentice. Now I am Alak Planeswalker Master of the Void."

he bows low to you you look through the top of his head and there is nothing there its almost as if you can see through him but through him into nothing on the other side.

"It is good to see you again and it couldent be at a better time. Please sit would you like something to drink?"

Guiding you to a chair as plush as his just smaller. He closes the book as a crystal clear vase comes forward with two wine glasses. The vas fills your drink with a violet liquid as well as his glass.

"You must have a million questions for now i give your three to ask as time is never on our side. no mater how hard one tries to master it."

Siping his glass he awaits your questions. [/color:3kmqxt66]
Sabaal
Hero||Heroine

Post by Sabaal »

I look at the man with curiosity when he starts saying that Odion told him I was comming back when I was needed, and when he mentions that he was disappointed that we couldn't have our dinner together I mutter in Drow

"I promised that to a friend called Alak. Perhaps we could have that dinner as soon as I learn to spell the ingredients I need to buy to make it" while he stands from the chair and impressed by the way the staff forms in his hand.

As soon as he mentions he's Alak I yell in joy "ALAK!" rising my hands with the book and running to hug and kiss him even before he could make a bow and I kiss him where I guess there is a forehead and cheeks, hugging him tight and crying of Joy, then I regain my composture and dry my face.

"I'm so sorry... I was disappointed as well, you were the only truthfull and you did a good job with Kel... has been too long and I have 1 000 000 questions to ask you. Is good to see you too and wine will be fine... perhaps we can have our dinner now... if you still eat"

When he mentions something about a quest and only 3 questions instead of my 1 000 000 that I want to make I lean forward and sigh. [i:31h2ispz]"I wonder what will Odion use this time to manipulate me"[/i:31h2ispz] I think to myself and say out loud "I always liked a life of adventures, but always wanted to establish somewhere. Well, I guess that's just not possible, so... tell me what do you want from me, because I hope is not Odin using you to ask me to go on a quest, in which case the answer would be an absolute and round "no", but if is you and only you asking I could do it so tell me what do you need from me?"
Elrohir
Regular

Argos

Post by Elrohir »

[color=indigo:17nu2rax]Accepting your huggs and kisses he smiled back to you as he walked with his wine back to his seat.

"Well it is Odion asking you. But it is all of us asking this of you. You were sent for this particular reason. You see your heart is hard against Odion. But in his infinate wisdom he saw what was to come. He even saw his own death by the hands of Lloth. But knowing this wisdom helped him in his epic battle against her and her children. But im sure you will find that in Kelnoz's Journal. Kelnoz accepted Odion as a father And still dose. Just one problem with that is that Kelnoz is in the hands of those hellish feinds back on the material plane. The cosmos have changed Argos. All by one man Seifer the shadow blade plunged the dagger of destiny into the Sands of time shattering our universe into a multiple of shards. The wizzards of the galaxy no matter there own agendas the preservation of their world became most important. The weave was pulled and left the world bare of magic a Second time of troubles if you would call it that. The strain was to much for mystra and Lady Mina ascended to take her place as she was destined to do. After the weave was restored My wife Vulca picked up her hammer and begain a new world Seperate from the other planes and out of sync with normal time. This is where Kelnoz comes into play since you were phazed out of time. Kelnoz devoted himself to time magic. Even accelling past odion in the feild as odion found him a newere feild more to his own desires. Kelnoz is in posession of the Devil queen Glasya. The daughter of Asmodeus himself. Gods know what they are doing to him."

He pauses for a moment to let you soak it all in.

"As odion said you would return when needed most and when that comes you will finaly see the bigger picture then just your petty rivalry with my manipulateing father. All men and women of power manipulate those underthemselves. if you had underlings you would understand. But enough of that you are needed because Kelnoz is your flesh and blood. And only you can find him."

He pauses once more letting the weight fully settle on your shoulders the delima that has come to the multiverse [/color:17nu2rax]
Sabaal
Hero||Heroine

Post by Sabaal »

"I have my reasons to be hard against him" I say sincerely and gently to Alak as he mentions my hard feelings against his father "He could have given an explanation to all this, was the least he could do." and hearing how Kel accepted Odion as a father hurts deeply in my heart, but I won't let that show. I don't interrupt the rest of his story, and try to digest the fact that Kelnoz is being held prisoner by hellish fiends.

When Alak tells me the name of the man that started all this I mutter it a few times, thinking he didn't know what he was doing then.

As he finishes telling me everything my face looks pale as an ebony face can become pale, my lavender eyes so scared with the thought of Kelnoz being tortured [i:1qw549jo]"... when all I did in my life was to keep him safe from that treatment..."[/i:1qw549jo] I start thinking to myself as I can feel my eyes go red [i:1qw549jo]"... the same kind of treatment that Lolthites gave to every male..."[/i:1qw549jo] I keep thinking and my hands clenched as fists in the chair, my whole body tense as the frightened butterflyes in my stomach turn to be iron swords [i:1qw549jo]"... INACCEPTABLE!"[/i:1qw549jo] Now the shade of red of my eyes is like burning fire inside me, but knowing that rage's not against Alak or Odion.

"AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!"" I roar in an attempt to calm down a bit before answering to Alak and I breathe deeply and hard. "I'm... sorry for the roaring, Alak, I just can't stand the idea of Kelnoz being prisoner" I drink all the content of the glass in one big sip. I'm not usually one to have such bad manners but I'm trying to calm down some, even when my eyes don't go back to the regular lavender colour.

"I don't know if I will see the bigger picture or not, but for now I can forget what I feel for your father as long as he helps me get my son back. I lost a lot when I was with Drak'ul... I never told you all that happened there." Now my face looks like every light in it abandoned it, as if a clowd was in my eyes. A clowd of rage.

"I'm pity for whoever demon crosses my path because I'll make them wish to be born Celestials!" I say with true hatred in my voice "Which leads me to the second question:" I take out my dagger and put it in the table, showing it to Alak for the first time ever "Drak'ul gave this to me when I was with him and is my only weapon now. What do I have to do to get Kel back? I mean tell me everything I need to know as I never fought demons alone before."