The Surface Path

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Elrohir
Regular

Elrohir

Post by Elrohir »

[color=green:8aa4iss1]The snake contenued to stare at the man dressed in dark.

Almost whispering to the man

"Reconnaissssssancsse ahhhhh which one or few are you watching? None of them ssseem really interessting excssept that little guy over there *sways head twords meepo* And maby the demon. What interessst do you, have in them?

SLithering back up into a coil his head laying in rest as he watches and listens tongue slashing throught the air. [/color:8aa4iss1]
Last edited by Elrohir on Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Violet flames Hail my comeing. Cold oblivion swirls in my passing. But pain and agony beyond comprehenssion reaps in my presance. Odion Demonius Archmage Eternal of the Midnite Academy.
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

Post by Unen_Stealthfoot »

[color=blue:2pe48zy1]Xandar glares at the newcomer. "This is Eilistraeen territory. While most, if not nearly all, are welcome here, spies are not. What is the subject of your reconnaisance?[/color:2pe48zy1]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Journey before destination
kaze_ookami
Maid
Maid

Post by kaze_ookami »

He smirks a bit tilting his head towards Xandar. " Profit..... Trading perhaps? Or perhaps Livestock. Their are many things I could find to be useful information to my employers. "
silke_rahn
Regular

Post by silke_rahn »

Resting from her journey from the temple that she first came to after returning to Toril from Terra Silke camped in a grove of trees next to the trail she was fallowing. She had made a cold camp, but did not go hungry as she had the sense to pack some compact trail foods before answering the summons of the Dark Maiden. While she was eating the noises from the direction of the trail drew her attention.

Silke drew from their scabbards her two blades; she use her arts and skills as a Shadow dancer to creep quietly forward to see what all the converstation was about. She hide in plain sight next to the one called Xandar.

"What is the problem brother?" said Silke
Last edited by silke_rahn on Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Drow on the Surface face as many dangers as those in the Underdark. Just because the Rivvil is friendly does not mean he wishes to help you, he may just want to get you off guard before knifing you.
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

[color=blue:34m52wyg]Xandar raises an eyebrow at Silke, and mutters to her: "We started on an ordinary patrol, and have met with as many outsiders as patrol members: a draegloth, a kobold, a peculiarly snakelike druid, and now another drow. Not exactly your typical kind of wanderers in these parts. Well, maybe the kobold, but I get the feeling that even he is not what he seems."[/color:34m52wyg]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
silke_rahn
Regular

Post by silke_rahn »

"I am not sure as to the motives of the others, but I am but a passer through. I am on my way north to the High Forest and beyond. But brother if you and your troop need help I am quiet willing to assist," said Silke.

She then looks over the assembled group. The kobold did to the casual observe resemble every other kobold, but having once been the companion of a kobold bard that even wrote a epic poem of her adventures Silke was not about to be lax in her judgement of this one. As for the Underdark dweller she knew that he sould at least try to shield himself soon or the Sun's rays would broil him good after it rises to light the world.

"So little one," speaking to the kobold, "you ever run into a kobold bard called Dekin?"
Drow on the Surface face as many dangers as those in the Underdark. Just because the Rivvil is friendly does not mean he wishes to help you, he may just want to get you off guard before knifing you.
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

Internally, Meepo was fuming at himself and all of his "companions." Things really had gone far too far now, he had no chance of completing his mission now; but then his thoughts ran to his mistresses, and the kind of torments only dreamt of that they could inflict on him at a whim, if it weren't for his ring of deception he'd be sweating and shaking profusely. He scratches irritatedly at his forearm as he thinks about it, barely noticing he is being talked to.

"Whah? Er, no?"

OOC: He's not lying this time, he really has no idea who you're talking about.
Titles:

Master of the Lady's Dances
Recoverer of the Tome of Moonlight
Scribe of the Dark Maiden's Temple

High Priest of the Church of Rooky :D
Tarlyn
Regular

Post by Tarlyn »

Tebryn frownsd inwardly at yet another newcomer.[i:3v9jbn6r]We sure are growing by the hour. It is not safe to be around too many strangers. I will definitely have to be careful now. This new one seems more adapted to the surface as I. Well good for me that I have lived on the surface for many years so the sun will not bother me or my clothing which is from the surface.[/i:3v9jbn6r]

Tebryn looks at the newcomer and speaks "Welcome to our little group, which seems to be growing by the hour. We even have a Demon and a very odd Kobold."
silke_rahn
Regular

Post by silke_rahn »

OOC: Everyone sees a Half-Drow that obviously took after her Drow parent in looks. She stands just under average hight for a Half-Elf. Silke has whitish blond hair, icy-blue eyes, and skin tone that is to the lighter side of obsidian. She is wearing black armor that is a blend of leather and elven chain. Running right to left across her torso is the belt to a black leather baldric that carries the scabbard to the well crafted longsword in her right hand. On the double wrapped weapons belt at her waist hangs three pouches two small and one large, and the scabbard for the large dagger that is just short of being a shortsword in her left hand. She also wears a travelling cloak that is also black. Her boots reach almost to her knees and from the tops can be seen the hilts of two knives.

IC: "Thank you," said Silke. "I am Silke Rahn. I was born in a village along the frontier between the High Forest and the Silvery Marches. I have been a gone from there for sometime and am just returning home."

Satisfied that she told the truth, but not too much of it she waited for a response. The breeze gentlely tossing the cape of her cloak about along with some of her short croped whitish blond hair.

Then under her breath Silke says, "Ich hoffe, dass diese Leute mich glauben." (English: I hope these people believe me.) (in Drow: Usstan kestal nindolen lodias z'reninth uns'aa.)
Elrohir
Regular

Elrohir

Post by Elrohir »

[color=green:8eqbxj8o]Growing quite bored with the stalker type here. The snake slithered down the tree and off away from the black garbed spy/ man procureing some reconossiance. Slithering along right up next to Silke Even so much as to graze her boot with his elongated body.

"Oh Pardon me my dear." The snake spoke up to her as he coiled up next to her (left) and a soft green light covered the body of the snake and it begain to retake form and shape to that of a Monkstyle dressed Half drow with Platinum blond hair (refer to avatar) Leaning in close to her but not to close for comfort.

"Ich beleive einige von uns beleive Sie aber nicht alle. " (I beleive some of beleive you, but not all.) [/color:8eqbxj8o]
Violet flames Hail my comeing. Cold oblivion swirls in my passing. But pain and agony beyond comprehenssion reaps in my presance. Odion Demonius Archmage Eternal of the Midnite Academy.
silke_rahn
Regular

Post by silke_rahn »

"Machts nicths," whispers Silke under her breath. (Drow: Ol 'udtila naut selg'tarn.) (English: It does not matter.)

Then she looked at the hooded Drow male. "So neat trick, do you do festivals and inns too," said Silke. "With an act like that you could make decent coin on the carnaval circuit."

She then looks at the kobold again. "Sorry I should realize that just because someone is of a certain people does not mean they would know let alone know of every person of their race. Dekin was a bard that met in travels in the North before my leaving Toril for awhile."

[OOC: If Silke were fully human she would look to be in her late thirties or early forties. For clarification at the time of the events of Neverwinter Nights she was in her early twenties.]
Tarlyn
Regular

Post by Tarlyn »

Tebryn smirks, thinking [i:1ozmcwbv][b:1ozmcwbv]Well this one has Moxie. AH maybe this trip will be more interesting now. Maybe now the others won't be so uptight.[/b:1ozmcwbv][/i:1ozmcwbv] [b:1ozmcwbv]"Well met."[/b:1ozmcwbv] Tebryn bows real low, his hair brushing the floor, then standing back up [b:1ozmcwbv]"I am Tebryn. It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance, Silke"[/b:1ozmcwbv] Tebryn says this with a twinkle in his eye.

Tebryn feigns ignorance on the languages spoken except for the Drow.
silke_rahn
Regular

Post by silke_rahn »

"As I said before is there anything I can help with?" said Silke. "I maybe on my way home, but I don't have to be there in any hurry."

Silke then folds her arms just under her breast and stands cocking her hips to the right waiting for a reply.
Tarlyn
Regular

Post by Tarlyn »

[b:grbdpetx]"I just happened to be along my merry way as well, Silke. I ended up with these nice people here. I am on my way to somewhere near the Sunset Mountains myself, near the Dalelands. I don't know if they need any help but an interesting person like yourself is always [i:grbdpetx][u:grbdpetx]welcome[/u:grbdpetx][/i:grbdpetx] to travel with the likes of myself. It tends to make the journey less tedious, and of course as well as less boring I might add."[/b:grbdpetx] Tebryn smiles at Silke and stands aside, moving his arms in a gesture meaning "walk with me."
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

[color=darkred:3tr7faim]*random original drow patrol member looks uneasily towards Xandar*[/color:3tr7faim]

[color=blue:3tr7faim]*xandar twists the ring on his finger once more and yet another drow appears. ((ooc: think Pharaun in WOTSQ. He has a similar sense of fasion and style.)) He is obviously a wizard*[/color:3tr7faim]

[color=darkblue:3tr7faim]"What do you want, broth.....well, well, well... quite a mottely assortment we have here." *bows toward the new lady, (she's the only lady there that he doesn't already know)* "And do I have the honor of addressing?" *charming smile*[/color:3tr7faim]
Life before death
Strength before weakness