The Surface Path

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

nightcancerwolf
Maid
Maid

The Surface Path

Post by nightcancerwolf »

Tanrurh dragged his weary body up the incline. For Two weeks he had been traversing the Underdark. Searching for some means to spite Lolth for here in justice, his monstrous body dragged on, ever moving closer to the surface, now he could see it, the foul light of the sun fading up ahead. He collapsed at the cave entrance as the sun set. his canine maw curved into a wicked smile as he looked ahead. Lolth would be most displeased.

Mod Edit: Changed hi to his
Last edited by nightcancerwolf on Thu May 31, 2007 5:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

As the sun fades from the sky a night patrol moves out from a nearby temple. The tunnels always a source of danger are the tunnels that lead from the underdark. Ready always to give aid or fight as the need might be.

One such patrol nears the tunnel, a group of four, always concerned about the dangers that have come from the tunnel.

The leader of the dimond formation catches sight of the large form of Tarnrurh. "Weapons ready, it is large and not Drow our kin"
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

Post by Unen_Stealthfoot »

[color=blue:3rkf25pa]Xandar draws his blades and attempts to see inside the cave entrance[/color:3rkf25pa] :squint:
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Journey before destination
nightcancerwolf
Maid
Maid

Tanrurh raised his head as he sensed the presence of others nearby. His eyes scanned the darkness, while his nose picked up the smell of Drow. He raised himself on his larger fighting arms, while rubing the two smaller ones together as if conniving some devious plots. He spoke to himself in the tounge of his sire, before adressing those gathering in the Drow tongue.

"Tell me, What have I done to merit such a timely response from the masked lord, or the Dancing Bitch, Whichever the lot of you follow?"
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

OOC: Isn't thinking of names always just the worst part of making a character? Also I'm sorry if I'm a bit late starting, thought I'd play evil for once.

IC: A dark shadow moved slowly along the tunnel behind Tanrurh, creeping ever closer in the shadows. His prey was near now, he could smell it; his patronesses would be pleased with him when he delivered the beast. Dead or alive.

Sniffing the air he could smell the beast's fatigue and wearyness. Now was the time to strike the unwary foe. Unsheathing a cruely barbed dagger the shadow slipped foward towards the cave-mouth.

But as he got nearer he realised his prey had become somebody else's. Angry at being thwarted, he squatted down in the shadow of a rock to observe the proceedings.
Last edited by Tyrmer on Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Titles:

Master of the Lady's Dances
Recoverer of the Tome of Moonlight
Scribe of the Dark Maiden's Temple

High Priest of the Church of Rooky :D
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

[color=blue:fxa688e5]Xandar growls at the draegloth's wording and says: "We follow Lady Silverhair, and I'll thank you not to refer to her in such terms again. As for why we're here, [i:fxa688e5]you[/i:fxa688e5] are the invader, so we will ask the questions. Why are you here?" he adds reluctantly: "Drink this, it will restore your strength and heal any injuries you have." as he hands over a corked bottle.[/color:fxa688e5]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
nightcancerwolf
Maid
Maid

Tanrurh took the bottle with one of his smaller hands, eying it suspiciously. He found it strange that you would just hand him such a potion with out knowing his intentions, even if Eilistraee's dogma did mandate helping others.

"I'll refer to the deities in whatever way i see fit. As for my reasons for being up here, they are my own. Although i have a question for you, would you think it wise to give one such as me this potion to restore my strength, without knowing my intentions? However fortunately for you I'm too tired to put up much of a fight at this point. So if you mean to take me prisoner, bind me and lead on, I'll not put up a fight."
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Araos looks on with steady eyes his blade held at the ready, least one in need of aid pehaps also needs to die for doing evil.

"It is not our way to kill for what you intend to do for you can not do much now. It is our way to aid those in need hoping they will intend a bright path. We will offer you shelter and food if you wish it, if you are fleeing foul beings we will defend you from them. We offer you a chance to find friends and a home, but we will not bind you or hold you. If you desire you can rest here and find your own path."

Eyes glance into the darkness and sees a moving shadow.

"Alert"

The blade glows blues as he steps past Tanrurh to face and light the following shadow.

Edit: Cleared up spelling and also tried to make post read clearer.
Last edited by Bhaern Quel on Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

"Curses." Said the shadow ducking down behind his rock, slipping away his dagger and slipping on a ring, which merged with his skin. "Gotta' hate those elveses."

Deciding that a plea of pathetic foolishness would be best, the shadow curls up in a quivering ball, awaiting discovery.
Titles:

nightcancerwolf
Maid
Maid

Tanrurh shook his head. how little they knew, about him, and his past. he only cared about exacting his revenge on Lolth for what she had done to him. His eyebrow quirked as Araos stepped past him.

"Its think its been following me for at least the past three cycles, maybe more, maybe less. So far its just been a bloody nuisance, although I doubt its intentions are friendly. If we're going anyplace, I'd like to get on with it, I haven't had a chance for a good reverie in over a week."
Last edited by nightcancerwolf on Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

[color=blue:25h4ligm]Xandar redraws his blades at Araos's alert, but keeps his eyes on the dreagloth. "It's not poison, you know, and though I realize you've no reason to trust me, what reason have I to poison you? *eyebrow*[/color:25h4ligm]

ooc: it is an elixir of health, btw so if he decides to drink it he should be healed of most ailments.
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Araos considers the words, still wondering at Xandar's gift to perhaps a foe that must die. However with concern of a follower as a posible additional foe steps deeper into the cave, the glow of the blade and keen sight noticies a rock that the shadow might have moved behind. As part of the patrol speaks.. "Yes if you wish to come with us we can move soon, just many dangers come from this place and one must watch their back as much as their frount."
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

[color=blue:1j1dor90]Xandar enters the cave, and sees a <tyrmer's character race> after a brief search. "And what is your business here?"[/color:1j1dor90]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

OOC: Rofl, introducing every D&D player's favourite kobold.

IC: Xandar sees a small white creature curled up in a ball. It uncurls when Xandar addresses it, revealing an albino kobold, its short even for a kobold.

"Who me? Meepo just lying here."
Titles:

nightcancerwolf
Maid
Maid

Tanrurh watched as Xandar stepped passed him, He could think of several reason why the drow would want to poison him. He rocked his head back, cracking his neck, before uncorking the bottle so he could smell its contents.

"I can think of several reasons you might want me dead, should we start with what i am, and that my kind can only be created through Lolth's unholy blessing?"

Hearing the Kobold's yapping voice, and turned fully around to look at it. He quirked an eyebrow at the creature and shook his head. A Kobold, how pathetic.