The Surface Path

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

Post by Unen_Stealthfoot »

[color=blue:2qaw95oh]My brother and I shall keep watch. *He and his brother both whip out strange-looking items and place them over their eyes.* ((OOC:sunglasses ;) ))[/color:2qaw95oh]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Journey before destination
silke_rahn
Regular

Post by silke_rahn »

"Cute, so did you two go planar to get those or did some gnome make them for you?" said Silke as she put on a pair of Foster Grants :p
Drow on the Surface face as many dangers as those in the Underdark. Just because the Rivvil is friendly does not mean he wishes to help you, he may just want to get you off guard before knifing you.
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

OOC: As I said somewhere else, I'm away as of the 26th June till some time in august so I'm leaving this RP because I dread how much I'll miss over the course of two weeks.

IC: Meepo decides his mission is now untenable and that he must leave, and hide a long, long way away from his mistresses.

"Uh, Meepo not wanting to go anymore." He says, anciously looking around the group. And bolts away into the dark trees before anyone can react.
Titles:

Master of the Lady's Dances
Recoverer of the Tome of Moonlight
Scribe of the Dark Maiden's Temple

High Priest of the Church of Rooky :D
Elrohir
Regular

Post by Elrohir »

Noticing where the cave was located. He smiled to himself.

"Rather nice cave you have here Silke. Dry camp you say no supplies for a fire."

He mosies on over tword the back of the cave and pulls up a back pack. Fasioned of Large Ivy Leaves.

"I thought this cave was well suited too when i first came by a couple of days ago. Though i never liked being under the earth Even though i was born there. But it dose provide good shelter from the weather. Im suprised you didnt see Saul last night he must be out courting the ladies in the forrest."

Pulling out a a bundle of sticks to prep a fire.

"Shall we give life to a titans gift to man? Im actually quite hungry."
Violet flames Hail my comeing. Cold oblivion swirls in my passing. But pain and agony beyond comprehenssion reaps in my presance. Odion Demonius Archmage Eternal of the Midnite Academy.
nightcancerwolf
Maid
Maid

Post by nightcancerwolf »

Tanrurh watched as meepo took off into the dark and shook his head greatful for one less adversary to watch. He didn't trust anyone here, especially the other drow. It was suprising to find so many on the surface, needless to say congregating together like this. He walked over towards elrohir, never letting his gaurd down.
silke_rahn
Regular

Post by silke_rahn »

Hiding in the shadows while on watch Silke observed the mixed group of Drow and other races that met on this lonely path on the surface of Toril. She decides to make some notes on her observation. Taking a small grey and silvery box from one of her belt pouches she presses a little red button on the top face of the little device. The device is but an inch wide and three inches long. Silke begins to speak into on end of the device talking quitely as not to distub any that may want to rest.

"Home now about two weeks and I have met several of my mother's kindred. None are of our House though. I think that the House of Vrinn except for the Lolth following branch is dead on this world. Our branch is all that is left and we as far as I know are the only Drow on Earth, well at least the Earth I live on now," she said in an almost whisper into the digital recorder she brought with her.

Lucky for her it runs on rechargable batteries and she also brought along a small solar recharger for the batteries.

Silke contenues to make observations for another half hour before turning her digital recorder off and slipping it back into her pouch. Then she stands up still effectively hiding in plain sight and patrols the out to the edge of the little camp. She watch for movement beyon the trees and underbrush that conceal the entrance to the cave. After checking the perimeter security of the camp she goes over to where Elrohir sits by a small, almost smaller than a cup fire he made form his fire material.

"So my brother you are not a monk I take it," Silke says as she squats next to the Drow druid.
Drow on the Surface face as many dangers as those in the Underdark. Just because the Rivvil is friendly does not mean he wishes to help you, he may just want to get you off guard before knifing you.
Elrohir
Regular

Post by Elrohir »

[color=green:8i8bqycb] Fanning the flames with his hands as the fire truely starts to take form.

"Ahhh this will do just fine."

He pulls out a stone and wooden contraption to sit atop the fire. it looks to hold a pot of some sort. And just that he places a ceramic pot inot the stand and waves a hand over it and a small rain cloud begins to fill the pot with water. Soon he starts to fill the pot with herbs and spices while it begins to boil.

Senceing Tanrurh tension as he approached him.

"Be well comrad. Im only cooking im not planning your death."

He spoke with out lifting his eyes or bothering from his work. Though he did look to silke as she spoke to him. But did not stop from his work about the fire.

"No not a monk of any order. Though ive been to many monastaries Within the lands known as the silver Marches. I even went to meet Cadderly and his Fighting monk wife Danica. Insearch of a A master worth studying under. But the strict life of the ordered monks is not my life. I am A Hawthorn Druid one of the few males accepted and respected in the Circle of Hawtorn witches. I know its a bit Ironic but in a sence the way i was raised. You are my supirior simply because of gender. I took what i could learn from the witches and left and have never looked back." (If she was clever she would catch a notice of his stories not matching up from what he told you earlier about his mentor being eaten by the assassin. A sign of his defencive nature when being open amongst others, especialy women.)

During the end of his words he turned from Silke before he finished and went about his work cooking again. Ading some vegitables and potatoes and a spoon of butter. Letting the new ingrediants cook for a little while before raising the pot from the small fire to let it simmer to its finish. [/color:8i8bqycb]
Violet flames Hail my comeing. Cold oblivion swirls in my passing. But pain and agony beyond comprehenssion reaps in my presance. Odion Demonius Archmage Eternal of the Midnite Academy.
nightcancerwolf
Maid
Maid

Tanrurh did not realax. He may have despised Lolth now, but her teaching were what had kept him alive thus far. His eyes narrowed at Elrohir as he sat down next to the fire, with his back to the cave wall.

"Have you forgotten the lessons our mother's learned from the Spider Queen? To become complacent is to welcome death."
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

[color=blue:1i85jkcc]But I'm on watch. You don't have anything to worry about. *grins unnervingly*[/color:1i85jkcc]

[color=darkblue:1i85jkcc]Gnomes. I had to travel to the plane of light, figured I could use something to protect my eyes. *grins*[/color:1i85jkcc]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
silke_rahn
Regular

Post by silke_rahn »

Silke turned her head to look at Xandar and came back into public view. "Ah, yes for one of our kind the Plane of Light could be a problem. I got mine because traveling between the cities of the world I now live on is on a highway that crosses vast areas of prairie lands and the light of Terra's sun is a little brighter than Toril's sun. I find that these are good for cutting the glare when I walk about in the daylight. Of course in lue of a pair of these (points to her Foster Grants) a large hooded cloak or a wide brimmed hat will work."

Then Silke turned to look at Tanruh, "I never grew up in a Drow city under the influence of Lolth. I was born here on the surface of Toril. My mother was the matron of our clan and family and my father was her human consort, a good man, and an excellent ranger. But yes one should not let complacency make one forget that there are dangers just beyond the edge of the fire's light, and sometimes even within its glow. So young Elrohir be vigilent always and you should not find yourself at the wrong side of a knife hilt."
Elrohir
Regular

Post by Elrohir »

His jaw had become firm as he grit his teeth behind his lips. A fixed stare at the small pot cooking his meal.

"How little you know of me. Ive seen nearly 4 centuries pass my eyes. Ive ministered the death of over 7000 living creatures. Either by my own design or by some one else. As a Hawthorn druid we tend to look into the darker side of gaia's being. And Mother what mother. No mother ever tought me anything. I was thrown into the slave pits amongst the orcs and goblins and other rabble you call fodder. I was only seven years of age my mother found that i was the offspring of one of her Fairy sex toys. And so for harboring me as her first son. She fell out of favor with that bitch you call a queen. So to gain it back she tortured me and threw me to the slave pits and later after she found i had claimed dominance over the others she took me back and used me in the Illithid arena. Do not presume i am complacent. I welcome death with open arms but for now i must do deaths bidding."

Resumeing his cooking with a slightly annoyed expression on his face. Concering the others presumtions about himself.

"Plane of light? I didnt know there was such a thing. I do know of the positive energy plane though maby they are one in the same. In any case people of the dark shouldent be there."

Spoken to Xandar the guard outside.
silke_rahn
Regular

Post by silke_rahn »

Turning back to Elrohir Silke looks apologetic, "I am sorry for my misjudgement brother Elrohir. I misspoke, you are so young looking. I just thought that your years matched your looks. A friend of mine once told me it is not the years, it's the mileage."
nightcancerwolf
Maid
Maid

Tanrurh tossed his head back and laughed. he was reveling in the irony of this situation. He was rejcted, Elrohir left, and Silke was never under her influence, yet they all still followed her teachings to a degree. "How very much alike the drow are..."
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

[quote="Elrohir":prlqi8me]"Plane of light? I didnt know there was such a thing. I do know of the positive energy plane though maby they are one in the same. In any case people of the dark shouldent be there."

Spoken to Xandar the guard outside.[/quote:prlqi8me]

[color=darkblue:prlqi8me]Alkemar says "It is more commonly known as the positive energy plane, but when you're actually there, it looks like a lot of light.[/color:prlqi8me]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Elrohir
Regular

Post by Elrohir »

Chuckeling to the guards outside.

"Im sure that anything there would look like light there is no darkness. I may have to get me a pair of those dark specticles. You never know when or where one might end up somewhere they didnt expect to be."

Turning back to Silke more at peace rather then as aggitated as before.

"It is quite alright Silke. Most people i come across assume what there eyes tell them."

Stirring the pot once more.

"Does anyone else have anything they want to add to the pot. you dont eat if you dont add."