The Surface Path

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

nightcancerwolf
Maid
Maid

Post by nightcancerwolf »

Tanrurh looked to {Kaze's Charachter} and growled his white fur began rising on end. He was becoming increasingly uncomfortable. Someone, or several someones were after him. He was becoming severly sleep deprived which was making his racial paranoia worse, even if his body was feeling better.
silke_rahn
Regular

Post by silke_rahn »

Bowing to the new Drow male Silke replies, "I am Silke Rahn elder daughter of Nedylene Vrinn priestess of Eilistraee, ranger, and Harper and of Friedrich Rahn fromer German soldier, former pit fighter, and ranger. I myself have served Neverwinter, Waterdeep, and the Seer of Eilistraee in my time. Now I directly serve the Dark Maiden and she has bid me to return to Faerun for a mission I have yet to figure. That is as much as I can say for now."

Looking to the Drow monk Silke looks him over, "Sorry, but I think that our journeys take us in separate directions. I sense that I must go toward the Spine of the World. What I will find there I don't know. All I know is that Eilistraee has brought me home from my exile for a mission of extreme urgency. Though I sense that now I am supposed to render assistance to these followers of the Lady until their duty is fulfilled."
Drow on the Surface face as many dangers as those in the Underdark. Just because the Rivvil is friendly does not mean he wishes to help you, he may just want to get you off guard before knifing you.
Elrohir
Regular

Post by Elrohir »

[color=green:2axeqb9l]Comeing out of what seemed a daze or comeing from some where far off in his own world. He looks to Silke.

"How do you know our paths are seperate. I only go where Gaia takes me. And currently she has taken me here. I offered my services as a guide through the land to where ever they were going. but with a spring of sudden apperances of others such as your self i beleive we have been delayed. As for the cheap carnival tricks. I may have a few up my sleeve. Oh wait i dont wear sleeves. *chuckles to himself inside joke* But incase you misjudge allow me to introduce my self. I am Elrohir Druid of the Viper hence my snake form earlier. I have a rather fondness for the creature Patient and deadly."

Placeing a fist inside his other hand

"It is my pleasure to meet you Silke."

He then simply calls out to the group.

"SO what are we doing here besides standing like open targets for an orc ambush. Shall we shove off?[/color:2axeqb9l]
Violet flames Hail my comeing. Cold oblivion swirls in my passing. But pain and agony beyond comprehenssion reaps in my presance. Odion Demonius Archmage Eternal of the Midnite Academy.
Tarlyn
Regular

Post by Tarlyn »

"Since when would Orcs attack Drow, Elrohir? They would rather cower in fear of us than attack us. They are really quite predictable at that, almost like Kobolds. Except for our little friend here, who perhaps is more than he seems but doesn't admit it. Are you in a hurry?" Tebryn asks.
silke_rahn
Regular

Post by silke_rahn »

"Well if orcs do attack it won't be the first time I have fought them," Silke says. Then she turns her gaze beyond the mixed knot of Drow and other creatures to check their surroundings. "Then again these blades need to learn the taste of orc blood."
Drow on the Surface face as many dangers as those in the Underdark. Just because the Rivvil is friendly does not mean he wishes to help you, he may just want to get you off guard before knifing you.
kaze_ookami
Maid
Maid

Post by kaze_ookami »

Zetsume narrows his eyes towards the group. While it was a rather insulting to him that he was being ignored, he was also glad the full focus wasnt on him. It gave him a chance to escape, perhaps.

After a moment of watching, he wraps the half warn out pwafwi around himself, with a raised eyebrow he begins to back step silently. He had gathered all the information he would need for the moment, and was already over due to report in. After all, the sun was begining to peek over the horizon and he didnt wish to be caught out in full sunlight.
Elrohir
Regular

Post by Elrohir »

[color=green:397qm23o]he raised a curious eye to Tebryn. "Since when do orcs attack drow? Well since Obould many arrows became king though with the help of our kin. Their betrayal to him has brought down hatred for all dark elf kin Even you who serve the dark lady. Obould has a vision of a kingdom and it dosent matter how many orcs have to die to pave his streets red with blood. One orc is weak but Thousands? I do ponder how well your magic would work against a foe like that. It is also said that Obould is Grummish's Avatar. There is also word of another strong orc clan riding with not under Oboulds banner. The Crimson Shadow clan Lead by a ferocious Half Dragon orc by the name of Grom Red Claw. They seek a kingdom and will destroy anything that gets in the way of their vision. Your over confidance is your weakness Tebryn."

Pausing for a moment as that same dark raven came and perched on his shoulder. Seemingly whispering into Elrohirs ear.

"Well Shall we stand here and wait or shall we move on? To the Spine of the world Perhaps? " [/color:397qm23o]
Violet flames Hail my comeing. Cold oblivion swirls in my passing. But pain and agony beyond comprehenssion reaps in my presance. Odion Demonius Archmage Eternal of the Midnite Academy.
silke_rahn
Regular

Post by silke_rahn »

"Zetsume, my brother why do you skulk away like a rogue?" said Silke to the Drow male backing away from the group. Then not waiting for a reply she turned her attention back to Elrohir. "Sir monk I do know of Obould and his ambitions. I was there when he was an ally of Luskan against Neverwinter and helped to thwart him then. Now from what you have said I should have pressed for the leader of the party I was with to have Obould killed, but it was decided that we would be merciful and let the Orc King go. It is said where I have been the last twenty years that Hindsight is twenty-twenty. Well the only thing to be done now is to ensure that his ambitions come to nothing."
Elrohir
Regular

Post by Elrohir »

[color=green:34o1k47x]A sour look crosses his face at the thought of mercy for Orcs. "Orcs are not deserving of mercy." A dark shadow seemed to cover him now hinting at a bad past with Obould and his allies.

"Obould may be what he is but it is not he that worries me. His Newest ally Another Orc Grom The Red claw. Warcheif of the Crimson shadow His blood is half Dragon and has been known to have Dragon Allies as well. Even worse is Groms Wife a full blood human Assassin. It is widely known that she eats the flesh raw of her kill. She Even ate the flesh of a Traitorous Orc while he was still alive. Im even one to enjoy the situations of death. But that one goes beyond my likeing."

[/color:34o1k47x]
Tarlyn
Regular

Post by Tarlyn »

Tebryn listens attentively but says nothing. [i:38u11ucp][b:38u11ucp]So this Orc Obould rules around here? Interesting. Why should that concern me? No reason. It doesn't bother with my trading and profits and schemes, thus I have no reason to care about this Orc. This information I will relay to Jondar though, it might be useful to the organization.[/b:38u11ucp][/i:38u11ucp] Tebryn did notice Zetsume was silent and skulking off but said nothing, keeping the thought of him at forefront of his mind in case he tried something. Tebryn's mind reaches out and he feels the response he was expecting.[i:38u11ucp]Stay near ,Caleb, best not let you be seen yet. Keep your eyes open for any sign of trouble, old friend.[/i:38u11ucp]
silke_rahn
Regular

Post by silke_rahn »

"Elrohir I understand. I find that to be beyond the pale even in our sisters and brothers that follow other paths than ours. I know that there are on some worlds those that after a battle will eat parts of the flesh of a fallen enemy, but usually the enemy was killed in a relatively fair fight and the flesh eating is part of a ritual assumption of the enemy's strength and power. I personally find this repugnent, but on these other worlds this is just a way of life for some primitive peoples. For a civilized being to do such is a blight on all civilization. If this new ally of Obould's is as dispicable as to allow such people in his presence then his ally must be of a truly vile sort."

[i:3o6jcjuz]If I find this assassin and eater of sentient flesh goddess forgive me if I do not show my usual mercy on her.[/i:3o6jcjuz]

Silke then looked over to the east noticing that Toril's sun was rising she gazed back on those that came down the path and disturbed her meal. [b:3o6jcjuz][i:3o6jcjuz]Aha that is why Zetsume sneaks away. Now he must not have been long on the surface if the sun's light is a danger to him.[/i:3o6jcjuz][/b:3o6jcjuz] Silke looked over each of the others and tried to guess how many of them were not born surface dwellers like herself. She spoke her concerns, "Ok, I have a small camp under an overhang of rock over there behind those trees." She points with her off hand to an area in the hillside on the north side of the trail that would be sheltered from the direct light of the sun. "How many of you have not been exposed to the sun for long periods of time. Toril's sun is rising soon and I am not too worried about myself, but I am not sure how many of you are surface dwellers like me. I will share my camp with anyone even an enemy if just to spare people undue hardship."
Elrohir
Regular

Post by Elrohir »

[color=green:2pva64zz]"Truely vile indeed. Many years ago I watched as the flesh of a close friend of mine and dearest companion and Teacher. Her flesh torn from her body for the feast and eaten wholly raw by the Assassin. Being intune with the world of death. Her soul was to return to the great wheel but instead the soul was consumed and chewed just like her flesh. She must gain power form these souls and flesh. I could not bere to watch any further. So i left the grove Vowing vengence against any orc i find. Hopeing to bring them out So i could bring down the vengence of Gaia upon them. So far they have eluded me. Their leader is wise beyond the capacity of an orc. One day i will find them again, one day."

a moment of silence from him.

"A camp sounds welcoming to my ears. Anything is better then standing here on the open trail." [/color:2pva64zz]
Tarlyn
Regular

Post by Tarlyn »

"I personally have no quarrel with the Orcs, so I leave them alone. A camp would be welcome, so I graciously accept your offer. The sun bothers me not, as I have lived on the surface for many years now.". Tebryn offers
silke_rahn
Regular

Post by silke_rahn »

"Well then those that want to camp follow me I will show the way into the hollow."

Silke looked around and the sky was getting lighter.

"I would suggest that those that are bothered by direct sunlight follow me closely."

Silke guides those wanting to get out of the direct sunlight and others that just want to rest through the tangle of underbrush into the small water and wind eroded cave.

"Sorry I made a dry camp here overnight so I don't have provisions for a fire. If you make one don't make too big of one."
Tarlyn
Regular

Post by Tarlyn »

Tebryn looks over the cave and around it. Staying outside the said cave, a few moments later an owl flies down and rests on his shoulder. [i:2vsdgqvu]Good to see you old friend. Nice to know nothing of interest has happened.[/i:2vsdgqvu] Tebryn reaches inside a pouch a removes something. Reaching up to his shoulder and the owl, he gives it a mouse. The owl bites it out of his hand and gobbles it down hungrily. [i:2vsdgqvu]Good meal I hope, Caleb. Best I can do for now. I shall be leaving this place for Darkhold via air. Follow me old friend[/i:2vsdgqvu]

Tebryn turns a ring and starts to fly up and follows the owl, heading in a westerly direction, finally disappearing in the far distance.
Last edited by Tarlyn on Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.