Rogues' Refuge

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

The hlafling snaps his fingers idly and a bottle of wineappears on Nedylene's table. He grins at Ssin then stands up and draws a box in the air. A portal opens where he drew. "Coming Miss?" He asks Ssin'urn. He turns to the assembled clientele. "Sorry people but this place is shutting down, feel free to take the place or trash it, whatever you want." He tosses a bunch of keys on the bar, presumeably they unlock the various doors in the Inn. he steps through the portal.
Titles:

Master of the Lady's Dances
Recoverer of the Tome of Moonlight
Scribe of the Dark Maiden's Temple

High Priest of the Church of Rooky :D
Ssin'urn Streea
Regular

Post by Ssin'urn Streea »

[font=garamond:2pvhb6s2][b:2pvhb6s2][i:2pvhb6s2][color=indigo:2pvhb6s2]A sinister smile emerges from her dark, full lips as the dark elven woman strolls over to the portal and enters. With a wave of her hand in Drow sign she leaves Danifae with a closing order and joins company with the halfling.[/color:2pvhb6s2][/i:2pvhb6s2][/b:2pvhb6s2][/font:2pvhb6s2][/size:2pvhb6s2]
~Don't close your Eyes~

Dos zhahen rosin bri wun vlos lu sca varn, orior ulu el nindel i dol!
Velve
Regular

Post by Velve »

The raven watches all with dark beady eyes, offten tilting its head to the side curiously. As the keyring is dropped the raven launches into off the man's arm and towards the keys, picking them up in its beak.
The possesive bird stands there proudly on the bar with the keys in its beak, almost daring someone to try and take them.
Ssin'urn Streea
Regular

[font=garamond:ijj75y2n][b:ijj75y2n][i:ijj75y2n][color=indigo:ijj75y2n]Danifae rises from her seat at the table as if she were contemplating a move for the keys. Instead she approaches the male drow slumpped over the bar and tries to revive him. Her deep crimson eyes glance over the other the faces of the other patrons on the inn. [/color:ijj75y2n][/i:ijj75y2n][/b:ijj75y2n][/size:ijj75y2n][/font:ijj75y2n]
Last edited by Ssin'urn Streea on Sun Jun 18, 2006 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Don't close your Eyes~

Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

OOC: Byebye, I probably won't post in here again unless I make a new character.

IC: The portal closes behind them.
Titles:

Master of the Lady's Dances
Recoverer of the Tome of Moonlight
Scribe of the Dark Maiden's Temple

High Priest of the Church of Rooky :D
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

Nedylene sinks back into her chair and sighs, finishing the bottle of wine in a series of quick gulps.She belches rather rudely and wipes her mouth.
"No doomsayer am I,but I have a sinking suspicion he is going to give that woman what she wants, and if he does Faerun is going to go to hell in a handcart.I think maybe its time I made that little trip into Sigil Ive been planning for so long."
Rooky
Legend
Location: A spooky wood, with man-eating little giant space hampsters

Post by Rooky »

*Mikey and Geldin look at each other. Geldin was still a bit lost with the chain of events. He taped his friend on the shoulder*
- Wanna wreck this place?
- Sure.
*Mikey tapped Liera on the shoulder*
- Wanna' help us wreck this place? It's gonna' fall apart any time now...
:3
Velve
Regular

Post by Velve »

[color=indigo:3laf500e]Liera watches all the goings on with an almost impassive outlook, save for a small amused smile on her pale face. When asked if she wished to destroy the place, she opens her mouth to speak, but the door of the inn slams open, cutting her off.[/color:3laf500e]

"No! You'll not take my baby!" A hysterical woman backs into the room, clutching a crying baby. She appears to be human, yet the slight delicate points to her ears indicate elven lineage, she would be beautiful if not for her disarayed brunet hair and dirt staining her cheeks. The young mother backs up into the room and knocks into Mikey yet does not turn away from the door.

[color=brown:3laf500e]A tall barbaric man steps into the ligting of the room. His build is wry, yet strongly muscled, a small sheild hanging from his belt which is balanced on the other side by a handaxe. His skin is naturaly somewhat dark, yet only made darker by a lifetime under the sun, his hair is in dreadlocks and he wears rugged armor made from leathers furs and chainmail. "On the contrary girl, You will give me my boy!" He says in an almost brooding tone that speaks of a great anger barely held in check.[/color:3laf500e]

OOC: Bah, I'll write the other characters reactions tomorow, but I hope its not getting too much. I thought of this just a while ago and had to put it in. :angel:
Ssin'urn Streea
Regular

[font=garamond:3vriwn3b][b:3vriwn3b][i:3vriwn3b][color=indigo:3vriwn3b]
"Guuan ussta dalninuk, udossta dalninil zhah alus."

(Wake my brother, our sister is gone.)

Pharaun mumbles a few words in common and rolls his eyes open.
Danifae takes a putrid colored vial from her bag of holding, removes the cork, and waves the foul smelling concoction under his nose. Pharaun immediately revives, sitting up, and coming to his senses.

"She's gone? Where?"

He rubs his eyes with both hands and looks around as if he has no idea where he is.

"What have you done to me? What do you mean, gone"

Danifae caps the vail and with her dark crimson eyes looks back into her brother's face disapprovingly.

"Il uriu keffal ilta i'dol ulu xun ilta ilindith."
(She has seen her way to accomplishing her goal.)

The male Drow warrior lifts quickly up from the bar, looking around the room. He hears the hysterical screams of the woman and sees the tall barbaric man. He reaches for his sword at his side, finding it gone. [/color:3vriwn3b][/i:3vriwn3b][/b:3vriwn3b][/font:3vriwn3b][/size:3vriwn3b]
~Don't close your Eyes~

Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

Nedylene sighs again,
"I can't find peace and quiet anywhere can I?"
She grumbles under her breath before getting up and moving to stand in front of the screaming woman with the baby.
"Whats the problem here?"
She asks, looking at both the woman and the man in turn.
Last edited by Nedylene on Thu Jun 22, 2006 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Velve
Regular

Post by Velve »

The silent and still entity in the corner stirs slightly at the screams of the woman, he closes his eyes and a look of anguish comes across his guant face, he raises his right hand and presses a black armored index finger to his temple, then is still once more.

The raven, unconcerned with anyone else jumps up and flaps its way to sit on the rafters, content with its shiney keys.

[color=indigo:2dfcbfml]The Fey'ri lady watches as the barbarian and young mother enter, her finely featured face gaining a confused look. She murmers something underbreath and shakes her head, firey hair shaking around her like a lions mane.[/color:2dfcbfml]

The little kitten simply watches with large eyes, not knowing whats going on.

[color=brown:2dfcbfml]"Whats the problem!" The barbarian all but roars. "She wants to keep my boy! And I'm not going to allow it. Thats the problem, little elf!" He closes the door behind him with an emphisized slam. "Now girl, give me my boy. He will not be raised by the likes of you!"[/color:2dfcbfml]

The woman seems to shrink back from the man, her blue eyes wide, and a first tear begins to roll down her cheek. "Please! Don't let him take the baby!" She had turned to Nedylene and spoken pleadingly with quivering lips.
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

Nedylene sighs and reaches into her pocket,taking out a ring,
"I really did not want to take this thing out..."
She complains as she slips it onto her finger.It is the ornate seal ring of a justiciar, someone who works for the courts, bringing in the breaklaws, and at times ,delivering final justice to those who need it.
"Why don't we sit down and maybe I can be of some assistance?"
Last edited by Nedylene on Thu Jun 22, 2006 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ssin'urn Streea
Regular

[font=garamond:1ds4x2fv][i:1ds4x2fv][color=indigo:1ds4x2fv]
Danifae places a black gloved hand on Pharaun's shoulder.

[b:1ds4x2fv]"Take rresst, tsu have been ssubdued forr a long time. Itss tsu ssoon for you tsu succcum to da bloodlust."[/b:1ds4x2fv]

The Drow warrior recoils.

[b:1ds4x2fv]"What have you been doing to me? Why?"
[/b:1ds4x2fv]
Danifae replaces the vial into her bag of holding her dark crimson eyes gazing deeply back into his with a smirk speading over her thin dark lips.
[b:1ds4x2fv]
"Sssaving yourr wrretched life."[/b:1ds4x2fv]

Pharaun feels dizzy and sits back down. He seems to be disturbed or at least in some deep emotional and physical pain as he doubles over, pressing his arms tightly over his stomach and rocking back and forth.

[b:1ds4x2fv]"Brrother, they are not worrth it. Save yourr strrength for da jourrney home." [/b:1ds4x2fv][/color:1ds4x2fv][/i:1ds4x2fv][/font:1ds4x2fv][/size:1ds4x2fv]
~Don't close your Eyes~

Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

Post by Unen_Stealthfoot »

[color=darkblue:1u2pmyzc]Alkemar: *eyes widen at the sight of nedylene's ring. sees the drow siblings talking together and walks over to them.* "What's going on?"[/color:1u2pmyzc]

[color=blue:1u2pmyzc]Xandar: *sees the ring and begins to walk over with nedylene in case she needs help. then sees the keys again and levitates over to try to take them from the raven.[/color:1u2pmyzc]

[color=darkred:1u2pmyzc]OOC: sorry i haven't postedin a while.[/color:1u2pmyzc]
Last edited by Unen_Stealthfoot on Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Journey before destination
Velve
Regular

Post by Velve »

As Xandar attempts to take the keys from the raven, the bird squaks angrily, and in doing so drops the keys into Xandar's reach. The raven doesn't give up though, and squawks again and lightly pecks at the dark elf, obviously wanting what it had claimed as his own back.

[color=darkred:18pxbg6b]"I'll not simply sit and talk while this harlot holds my boy in her grasp." Despite his dangerous tone and biting words the barbarian appears to be holding his temper in check, though he keeps a white-knuckled grip on the head of the axe at his belt. "If you deal the law here then allow me to what is mine," he says with his dark-eyed gaze fixed upon Nedylene.[/color:18pxbg6b]

The young woman glares over Nedyene's shoulder at the barbarian as tears track through the grime on her cheeks. "I won't let him take my child... I raised him this long, I can't give him up now, I won't."
The child, which is still crying in the woman's arms, appears to be couple of months old at most.
The modestly dressed woman takes a seat and her shawl slips from her shoulders, exposing a tattoo on her left upper arm, yet she pulls the shawl back up before it can be really seen.
Last edited by Velve on Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.