Rogues' Refuge

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Rooky
Legend
Location: A spooky wood, with man-eating little giant space hampsters

Post by Rooky »

*Geldin and Mikey looked at each other, Geldin a little beet more disspaopinted then Mikey. He took out five gold from his pocket, adn gave them to Mikey. Mikeyaccepted the money, puts it in his pocket and takes his longsword out. Geldin takes the oversized greatsword, and starts to pollish it*

Mikey:

Five silver on the vile ones.

*Geldin nodded.*
Fie on the good ones.
:3
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Re: Yes, Pharaun and Danifae are mine *wink*

Post by Nedylene »

[quote="Ssin'urn Streea":3t23llic][quote="Nedylene":3t23llic]Nedylene smiles back, but it is more of a scowl.
"Lets just say you are not the first to approach me in peace only to slip a poisoned dagger in my back."[/quote:3t23llic]

[font=garamond:3t23llic][b:3t23llic][i:3t23llic][color=indigo:3t23llic]Danifae doesn't aknowledge the screams or the collapse of the male Drow warrior but continues her conversation.

"Xas, iss tsrue, but as you know, dat is d'way of our survival as a rrase. Station iss verry import tant."

Danifae's deep ruby eyes search the careworn face of the young lavender eyed Drow with an intense penetrating gaze, her own reflecting seriousness and compassion in expression.

"What brrings you tsu dis Goddess forrssaken plase? Have you no House tsu prrot tect you?" [/color:3t23llic][/i:3t23llic][/b:3t23llic][/font:3t23llic][/size:3t23llic][/quote:3t23llic]

Replies in drow(ooc yall must have a lot more time on your hands to get translations, or have you memorized it?)
"Do you really want to know who I am? I am Nedylene, of the House of Alquesta, descendent from the line of the Illistyns.I can trace my bloodline to the Queen.But above all, I am a traitor to my house and a traitor to Lolth, whom i once served as a paladin.So if you wish to collect my head for the ransom upon it, lets get started, for I find I am bored, and it seems the rest of the tavern is already gathering up arms."
Ssin'urn Streea
Regular

~Ssin'urn Streea~

Post by Ssin'urn Streea »

[quote="Tyrmer":ykg60e0k]The halfling straightens up as the drow warrior collapses on the bar. The room darkens though the lights still seem to be lit and lightning strikes outside. The halfling seems to grow while staying the same size until his mere presence fills the room. He waves a hand and obstacles between himself and Ssin'urn are tossed aside (any people are gently moved aside by the force) to shatter on the walls of the Tavern.[/quote:ykg60e0k]

[b:ykg60e0k][i:ykg60e0k][font=garamond:ykg60e0k][color=indigo:ykg60e0k]The Drow's perplexed gaze abruptly lifts from the male's body, looking back to the halfling with a smile. She shrugs her shoulders and casually returns to drinking her wine.[/color:ykg60e0k][/font:ykg60e0k][/i:ykg60e0k][/b:ykg60e0k][/size:ykg60e0k]
~Don't close your Eyes~

Dos zhahen rosin bri wun vlos lu sca varn, orior ulu el nindel i dol!
Ssin'urn Streea
Regular

~Danifae~

[quote="Nedylene":36yl8n3i]
Replies in drow,
"Do you really want to know who I am? I am Nedylene, of the House of Alquesta, descendent from the line of the Illistyns.I can trace my bloodline to the Queen.But above all, I am a traitor to my house and a traitor to Lolth, whom i once served as a paladin. So if you wish to collect my head for the ransom upon it, lets get started, for I find I am bored, and it seems the rest of the tavern is already gathering up arms."[/quote:36yl8n3i]

[b:36yl8n3i][i:36yl8n3i][font=garamond:36yl8n3i][color=indigo:36yl8n3i]Danifae stops twisting her silver ring and thoughtfully leans against the back of her chair.

"Sso, you are paladin trrait tor, hmmm? Iz harrd tsu find worrk forr you now, no?" [/color:36yl8n3i][/font:36yl8n3i][/i:36yl8n3i][/b:36yl8n3i][/size:36yl8n3i]
~Don't close your Eyes~

Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

"Xuil l'klezn Usstan shlu'ta xun, xund zhah neitar dubo ulu ragar, nau selg'tarn vel'klar Usstan tlun...Naut nindel Usstan inbal mzilt draeval whol xund."
"With the things I can do, work is never hard to find no matter where I am...Not that I have much time for work."
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

Post by Unen_Stealthfoot »

[color=darkred:2f0xy34s]OOC: Rooky, how could Geldin lose a bet when nobody has fought (yet).[/color:2f0xy34s]

IC:[color=darkblue:2f0xy34s]Alkemar: *speaking indignantly and sneering* "I do not need any spider-kissing house, I have my brother and Eilistraee on my side. And they have me."[/color:2f0xy34s]

[color=blue:2f0xy34s]Xandar:*Stares in shock at halfling god, now revealing himself. Looks to Alkemar and the other two drow, and he runs over (amazingly quickly) to assist his brother, figuring that any dude that can do what the halfling did can take care of himself. He stands protectively in front of Alkemar.*[/color:2f0xy34s]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Journey before destination
Velve
Regular

Post by Velve »

OOC: As I have already said, sorry for me not posting. I'll see what inconsistancies my dissapearance had caused I can mend.

IC:

As the male drow leaves the table he was seated at, the pale fleshed Knight slowly turns to watch him, his uterly calm appearance unbroken.
Left alone to himself once more he watches, showing no intention of anything, as the tension once more rises and the drunken drow collapses.
He watches the display the halfling puts on with no more intrest than he had anything.

[color=indigo:3dbwzs6w]Liera remains oddly silent for a long while, apparently contented to simply fiddle with a strand of firey hair as she listens to the conversations and odd people around her.
As the halfling bartender starts the show, Liera turns on her chair to watch, her eyebrows raising as she does so. She speaks to Mikey and Geldin without her eyes leaving the halfling. "I think you'll both lose the bets. It would seem the bartender has things in hand..."[/color:3dbwzs6w]

The little kitten, whom had been ammusing herself by playing with the edge of Liera's purple cloak, pays no heed to any of the people around her, untill the objects begin moving of their own accord. She then instantly jumps up, watching the objects slide into the walls in wide-eyes startlment. Having had enough of it she turns tail and runs straight into Geldin's foot, or hoof rather....
Rooky
Legend
Location: A spooky wood, with man-eating little giant space hampsters

Post by Rooky »

*Geldin and Mikey looked at each other and then Geldin looked at Liera*
- Well, acctually the bets still on...You see Mikey to a bet that one of teh bad guys, in htis case one of the drow would die, fall unconsious or just pleed for mercy....I took a bet tat one of the good guys would die, fall unconsious or just pleed for mercy....

Get the picture?
:3
Ssin'urn Streea
Regular

[quote="Nedylene":10w76ygu]"Xuil l'klezn Usstan shlu'ta xun, xund zhah neitar dubo ulu ragar, nau selg'tarn vel'klar Usstan tlun...Naut nindel Usstan inbal mzilt draeval whol xund."
"With the things I can do, work is never hard to find no matter where I am...Not that I have much time for work."[/quote:10w76ygu]

[b:10w76ygu][i:10w76ygu][font=garamond:10w76ygu][color=indigo:10w76ygu]Danifae, still sitting back in her chair, looks to the young Drow. There is a glimmer of light reflecting off her silver rings as she places her fingers of each hand together to meet their opposite. The tiny adamantine scorpions that make up her chain shirt slowly wriggle individually, as if they are alive.

"Sso, how you live if you not worrk? Iss thiss common among ssurface life, to have no rrewarrd, no advanzement, no pleazuress?"

As Danifae speaks, her words don't seem to fit the moving patterns of her mouth. The veins of her temples are cleary raised and pulsing, as if her mind were hard at work. Her bright crimson eyes stare deeply aross the table into those of the young drow as if she were probing into her thoughts. [/color:10w76ygu][/font:10w76ygu][/i:10w76ygu][/b:10w76ygu][/size:10w76ygu]
~Don't close your Eyes~

Ssin'urn Streea
Regular

[b:yu2xpyvx][i:yu2xpyvx][font=garamond:yu2xpyvx][color=indigo:yu2xpyvx]Ssin'urn Streea gazes across the bar with a sly wink and healthy smile to the halfling barkeep.

"Ori'gato udossa sanrr ul'naus. Ussta dalninuk zhah naut elghinyrr jhal zhah v'drin. Usstan orn guuan ukta vel'drav udos inbal inbalus udossta quanth d'nindol tet tangisto. Xal Usstan inbal jalbyr ujool d'jhinrae? Ussta falduna ulu l'jabbuk whol inbalin folt ula kyikh wun kr'athin."
(Let us reason together. My brother is not dead but sleeping. I will awaken him when we have had our fill of this lovely evening. May I have another glass of wine? My compliments to the propietor for maintaining such fine vintage in stock.)[/color:yu2xpyvx][/font:yu2xpyvx][/i:yu2xpyvx][/b:yu2xpyvx][/size:yu2xpyvx]
~Don't close your Eyes~

Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

The aura of power around the halfling suddenly collapses around him and he physically collapses into a low chair that flies across the room to catch him mid collapse. His head falls into his hands the sound of sobbing can be heard from behind his fingers.
Titles:

Master of the Lady's Dances
Recoverer of the Tome of Moonlight
Scribe of the Dark Maiden's Temple

High Priest of the Church of Rooky :D
Ssin'urn Streea
Regular

[b:1md8w80a][i:1md8w80a][font=garamond:1md8w80a][color=indigo:1md8w80a]The Drow's smile widens. Ssin'urn Streea slips down from her lofty bar stool and leasurely strolls by. Her slender ebon fingers trace along the edge of the bar until she finds the halfling with face cradled in his hands. The drow woman steps behind him,placing a small ebon hand to his shoulder, and leans in close to the back of one of his ears. Her soft voice is thick with the exotic accent of the Dark tongue.

"Ol zhah natha dubo yentil ulu guy'ya a draevalen, tluin d'trelao arlathil. Zhaunyl dos z'klaen inbau ticondo d'zuch kyorlin l'yibinss d'l'dro bauth dos, vel'drav dos ph'ji mzilt mzild taga jala dhyn gumash kestal ulu tlu. L'hal'luthin doer lu'alu hwuen dos doer ulu natha mon'tu vel'klar zhaunil zhaun nau xuz."

(It is a hard lot to bear at times, being of divine nature. Surely you must tire of being constantly reminded of the frailties of the life around you, when you are so much more than any mortal could possibly hope to ever be. The seasons come and go until you have reached a point where wisdom knows no bounds.)

She gently places her other hand to his other shoulder. [/color:1md8w80a][/font:1md8w80a][/i:1md8w80a][/b:1md8w80a][/size:1md8w80a]
~Don't close your Eyes~

Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

"Ulu dro whol yallt zhah naut rivvin .....Ussta ulin zhahus plynnet dal uns'aa...."
"To live for today is not common...My future was taken from me."
She reaches into her pocket and pulls out a gold ring, it is emblazoned with a drow house crest. She spins it on the table, watching the light reflect from the stone.She glances over at the weeping halfling.Part of her wants to comfort him, but she knows that she is not the sort that could ever give comfort to another, despite the light that her former lover awakened inside her.
" Ori'gato udossa telanth Usstan tlun nausbyr ghil nor gaer..Usstan xun naut wund'akh jala vel'klar... "
"Let us say I am neither here nor there..I do not belong anywhere..."
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

"Oh I give up!" The halfling suddenly cries out, seemingly ignoring Ssin'urn's words completely. "Why did father have to raise me to crappy Godhood? It's so boring being omin, omnip, omnipi. GAAH!" He breaks into another flood of tears.
Titles:

Master of the Lady's Dances
Recoverer of the Tome of Moonlight
Scribe of the Dark Maiden's Temple

High Priest of the Church of Rooky :D
Velve
Regular

Post by Velve »

Darith remains in his silent, almost stupor-like state, his eyes fixed on the still half-full mug on the table.

[color=indigo:28ouodxn]Liera smiles slightly as her point is very nearly inadvertedly proven by the apparent giving in of the halfling. She speaks softly then, just enough for Mikey and Geldin to hear, "Bloodshed is possible, however I doubt anyone will die...." Her eyes leave the halfling and turn back to the other two, yet she says no more.[/color:28ouodxn]

The kitten sits herself beside Geldin. Having calmed down since the incident she waits there, obviously feeling protected.