Rogues' Refuge

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Rogues' Refuge

Post by Tyrmer »

A small figure trots along a dark country road in the rain. It stops and looks up at a tall building, standing alone on the edge of the moors, all shuttered and closed as it has been for years. The figure pulls a big bunch of keys out of its shirt and reaches up on tiptoe to the lock on the door to unlock it. The figure pulls the door open a crack and slips in. A few hours later the door is pushed open again and the figure comes out again struggling to carry a large sign in both hands. It sets up a ladder, wiping the rain out of its eyes and pulls at the hood of a faded oilskin. Eventually the sign is set up above the door and the figure wipes its hands on the oilskin. It potters back into the building and takes down the shutters. A few hours after that a warm light spills out of the windows into the night air. A flash of lightning and the warm halo of light from inside illuminates the sign. "The Rogues' Refuge."
Titles:

Master of the Lady's Dances
Recoverer of the Tome of Moonlight
Scribe of the Dark Maiden's Temple

High Priest of the Church of Rooky :D
Velve
Regular

Post by Velve »

Darith savored the brief moment of ecstasy from the kill. He looked down at the young woman before him, his scimitar still standing out from between her breasts, her eyes now as lifeless as his own.
Slowly he bent down to withdraw the blade into his left hand, a hand void of flesh. His other he placed against her chest, and with a murmur tendrils of flame came from his gauntleted fingertips. Within seconds the flames engulfed the young paladins body, leaving only smouldering ashes behind.

Without a sound the shell of a man stood and gathered up his shield, sheathes his scimitar and was moving once more.

Ahead he spots the lights on the newly opened inn as he slowly moves into its soft radiance, bathing the dark suit of armor which only serves to emphasize the soulless feel of him. As he nears the door he slips a gauntlet over his skeletal arm and pulls his cloak around him, making his broad frame seemingly shrink slightly.
With nothing more he steps inside, even in fullplate his steps barely make a sound, and looks about the room through the slit in his helm.
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

OOC: Looks like a rip off of my undead Kelemvorite to me.

IC: The inn is merrily lit inside but very quiet, there is no one inside but a halfling behind the bar, standing on a stool sortin some things on the shelves. He is whistling a merry tune between his teeth.
Titles:

Velve
Regular

Post by Velve »

Darith quickly scans the room, showing no outward suprise at its lack of occupants. He crosses the floor to the barkeep, pulling off his helm and holding it under his left arm. His face is guant, and could never really be called good looking. His nearly white skin making stark contrast with his short-cut, raven black hair.
"Only just opened, I assume. Or do you usualy have so many costomers?" He asks casualy.
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

The halfling looks round and jumps off the chair and disappears briefly. Suddenly his head pops up over the bar again, presumeably there is a box or something behind the bar. "Hellooo. Welcome to the Rogues' Refuge. What's your poison?"
Titles:

Velve
Regular

Post by Velve »

The dark-armored man takes a moment to examin the area carefully, watching the halfling for a moment before speaking up. "Just some decent mulled wine."

The halfling hadn't even blinked as far as he noticed, so he must have been used to those who looked at least a little odd.

As he walked calmly to pull up an old chair by a table where he would be able to view the whole room, he realised his armor was still splattered with the young paladin's blood, Mera, as she had named herself. As he sits, he places his helm on the table before him, and unstraps his shaild from his back, placing it leaning against the edge of the table, and he sets to watching the door.
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

"Mulled wine it is good Sirra', might I recommend the spiced Kara-Turan wine that I have in stock, 1301 DR, almost as old as I am, or perhaps just the the hosue wine? I think the hosue wine, not too expensive but it has a wonderful bouquet." He potters off into the cellar and comes back a cob webbed bottle full of a rich amber fluid. He pulls a glass from behind the bar and gives it a wipe. "That will be five gold pieces for the bottle good Sirra." He places both the bottle and the glass on the table. It is noticeable that he has a slightly odd accent.
Titles:

Velve
Regular

Post by Velve »

The man quietly digs into a small leather pouch tied to his belt, fishing out the required gold and handing them over.
He fills the glass and takes a drink, it may as well be water for all the expresion he shows. Still in his silence he sits there, the cup in his hand and he stares into something unseen...

"Any interesting tales?" He asks abruptly, still staring at the far end of the room distractedly.
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

Post by Unen_Stealthfoot »

OOC:LOL
IC:A tall person dressed in long robes and a low cowl walks into the inn with barely a sound, and sits down at another table and says quietly "I would like to hear a good tale as well."
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Journey before destination
Rooky
Legend
Location: A spooky wood, with man-eating little giant space hampsters

Post by Rooky »

*Outside the comfy tavern, thunder and lightning continuesly rage though the sky. A giant-sized figure, comes out of a dark alley, protected by a strange hide, and shielded from the rain by a thin sheet of cloth. The figure enters the inn, water dripping from the sheet.
The large man throws of the sheet into a corner cursing in Giant. With the sheet gone the heritage of the figure was unmistakable. Towering at 7 foot6 inches, covered in fur from head to toe, and with horns as large as the halfling standing behind the bar, pride and strengh written all over the minotaurs face. He greets the few guest with a nod and sits at the bar waiting for the halfling.*

- The strongest drink you have, and something to fill the stomachs with, if you please.
:3
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

*The tall robed man gets up from his seat and walks over to the minotaur's table and sits down.*
"Hello, friend." (to innkeeper) "I have my own drink, but would be happy to pay for a good tale or two." *Pulls out empty tankard from his pack and mutters something unintelligable. The tankard fills itself.*
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

OOC: Presume my story finished just as Unen's character came in to keep up continuity so Velve's character has been there at least a good ten minutes to an hour (halflings tell long stories).

The halfling cracks into a wide grin at two more customers at only a minutes interval. "Why yes good Sirrahs at once, at your service." He bows low(er) and hurries off into the back room. He rushes back out, red faced and jumps up onto the box behind the bar brandishing a pint mug of dark ale. He hands over the mug. "Your food will be cooked soon, please take a seat, there's plenty to choose from after all." Most of the seats are sized for a figure of human proportions but there are several larger and smaller ones dotted around. The halfling scampers over to the fireplace and lights the huge logfire that rests within, bathing the room in its glow and warming the place considerably. He then attends to the robed figure. "Why good Sirrah I am pleased you liked my hunble tale, I would be pleased to regale you with a tale or two in a few moments when I am not so busy." He scampers back into the room behind the bar and returns with a steaming plate of steak, roasted vegetables and boiled potatoes with a large slab of melting butter. Hopping up to the bar he hands it to the minotaur, it is noticeable that he has done this energetic if not athletic activity twice now and spilled nary a drop of ale nor sauce. "That will be two silver pieces and five coppers good Sirrah."
Titles:

Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

*The robed figure puts down a gold piece.*
"This meal looks most enjoiyable. Tell me good fellow, anything interesting going on around here these days? You may call me Alkemar, by the way. It is my name. Alkemar Kenafin."
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

OOC: No. The tale, but... now that you mention it,

IC: "I'll take some of the same food if you have any more, please."
Velve
Regular

Post by Velve »

Darith remains quietly in his shadowed part of the tavern, glad it was away from the main commotion. He takes out a coth and begins to wipe the half-dry blood from his armor, only a small portion the blood his own.