Rogues' Refuge

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

Post by Unen_Stealthfoot »

[color=darkred:2w49sxwn]OOC: Sorry everybody, hope I fixed it ok.[/color:2w49sxwn]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Journey before destination
Rooky
Legend
Location: A spooky wood, with man-eating little giant space hampsters

Post by Rooky »

OOC: You mind if I cut in aftera while? :devil:

IC:

*It took Mikey a while to get his grips about what's going on, but as he did, he rired up and jumped infront of the barbarian and would have knocked him down, if Geldin didn't hold him down.*

- Calm down Ram-head. *He whispered calmly* There's more to hear then meets the eye...*He came up to, towering over the barbarian and speaking calmly*

- I don't want to be the the one to push the boundries here, but perhaps we could help, by knowing what the hells is going on here, instead of acting like the all loving Harmonium...Killing and torturing until you get what you want...
So then... Care to start from the beggining?
:3
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

[color=darkred:gyvxskkm]OOC: Sorry, everybody.[/color:gyvxskkm]

IC:

[color=blue:gyvxskkm]Xandar: *gives the raven a silver comb to see if it will take it as payment for the keys, then adds a silver Toothbrush of Dental Hygiene, the raven has really bad breath. ;) *[/color:gyvxskkm]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Velve
Regular

Post by Velve »

[color=brown:1q7gndm9]The barbarian murmers something under his breath, staring heatedly at Mikey. He then turns to the minotuar, yet says nothing in response, clearly not wishing to talk about it, whatever the reason.[/color:1q7gndm9]

The young woman speaks up, the tremor previously in her voice gone as if it never were, "We met in a tavern in Luskan, where I was working as a waitress... He seemed kind, if a little out of place, a rare thing in Luskan, and I stayed to talk to him after my shift finnished.." She shrugs slightly. "We both ended up having too many drinks. One thing led to another, and, well, you get the idea... Anyway, after that night I didn't hear from him, and couldn't find any sign of him, until many months later, I had the child, and he turned up the next day saying he wanted my child, after he abandoned me and Dante!" She chokes into tears again, glaring at her child's father.

[color=brown:1q7gndm9]A deep chuckle, void of any mirth, comes from the barbarian, turning into an odd roar of angry laughter. "You bitch." He shakes his head. "You think anyone with any sense will buy your false tears, your lies!"
He steps forward as if to bowl anyone in his way down, then sees the child again, and his anger lessens slightly, enough that he stops his threatening approach.
"No... She tells half truths... She appealed to me I think. She chose me for some reason I can't tell. She us some drinks, though never drunk herself I know now. She druged mine, I couldn't think clearly. It pretty much happened as she says from there, though when I awoke my gold was gone, my most valuable items as well, and she was nowhere to be found. Only my clothing was left."
He stops now, his eyes locked on the floor. Clearly he dislikes admiting this, being manipulated so easly seeming emasculating to the proud man.
"She said I dissapeared. It was her who vanished... when I finaly found rumors of someone described like her, she must have heard about it, and found some poor fool to try kill me. By this time I had found a job, and had managed to buy some armor and an axe, so I killed the merc with ease.. She fled, and I kept tracking her, and here we are.."
His eyes remain locked on the floor for a while longer, though he then stands tall again and regains his defiant gaze. "Now you know the truth, let me take my boy!"[/color:1q7gndm9]
Velve
Regular

Post by Velve »

The raven squarks again, his beady eyes like awls as they watch Xandar. Clearly he feels the keys are his, and not even looking at the offered items.

The armored man stands, and walks slowly over to stand nearly right below Xandar. He looks up. "For what purpose do you want the keys?" He asks with a slightly raspy voice, his hand still resting on his scimitar, a natural pose for him.
Rooky
Legend
Location: A spooky wood, with man-eating little giant space hampsters

Post by Rooky »

*Geldin looked at both the patrons with a dark frown. Why do humans do this? What's the point? Bah, it was no use leading a monolouge in his head! The kid was in danger.*

*Geldin walked to the woman, and took the child from her grasp with ease. He put it on a table near him, and far away from both parrents. He told Mikey to get some warm milk for the bone-bag and turned back to the two "love birds"*

- You two have issues. Think about what's best for Gully here and not youselves...*He took out his sheated weapon and waved it towards the barbarian*...and remeber...my swords bigger then yours. Sit down and solve your problem.

*He sat down, the giant sword still in his hands*
:3
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

[color=blue:b5urcnj9]Xandar: "Because I have a curiosity for all things magical and these keys radiate such an aura. Why do you ask?[/color:b5urcnj9]

[color=darkblue:b5urcnj9]Alkemar: *Waits for answer*[/color:b5urcnj9]
Life before death
Strength before weakness