Rogues' Refuge

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Ssin'urn Streea
Regular

Post by Ssin'urn Streea »

[quote="Tyrmer":72byk3sq]"Oh I give up!" The halfling suddenly cries out, seemingly ignoring Ssin'urn's words completely. "Why did father have to raise me to crappy Godhood? It's so boring being omin, omnip, omnipi. GAAH!" He breaks into another flood of tears.[/quote:72byk3sq]

[b:72byk3sq][i:72byk3sq][font=garamond:72byk3sq][color=indigo:72byk3sq]The Drow pulls up a chair and sits next to the halfling,wrapping her slender arm around the back of his chair. She offers him a napkin from the bar to dry his tears.

"Zhah ol ji myar ulu inbal folt natha belbol nindel gumash tlu aturr whol l'ves dros'he d'ser meifft? Naut ulu gotfrer l'nezcau'bol d'miulk'ars a dosst rah ulu xund doeb dosst trelao xund? Dos inbal natha roxuc dros'he, dos zhahen rosin ulu quarth lu'belbaunin l'zasimartek xuil vel'bolen ulu beldro vel'bol belbaue dos ssrigg'tul."

(Is it so bad to have such a gift that could be used for the very purpose of maintaining balance? Not to forget the benefit of minions at your hand to work out your divine plan? You have a practical purpose, you were born to command and given the authority with which to create what gives you pleasure.)[/color:72byk3sq][/font:72byk3sq][/i:72byk3sq][/b:72byk3sq][/size:72byk3sq]
~Don't close your Eyes~

Dos zhahen rosin bri wun vlos lu sca varn, orior ulu el nindel i dol!
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

"HUH!" The halfling snorts indignantly. "What do you know about it? Gods don't have nearly as much power as yuo think young lady! Since those idiots stole the Tablets of Fate it's all gotten a lot harder for us. We can't affect thw world below directly any more, we have to follow rules set down by Ao." He suddenly stops and slaps his hands across his mouth.
Titles:

Master of the Lady's Dances
Recoverer of the Tome of Moonlight
Scribe of the Dark Maiden's Temple

High Priest of the Church of Rooky :D
Ssin'urn Streea
Regular

[color=indigo:2yxv18jn][b:2yxv18jn][i:2yxv18jn]
"Do not we all live in difficulties of times?"
(Xun naut udos jal dro wun l'priqualen d'draeval?)

A wry smile appears on the Drow's full, dark lips. She smooths the snow white tresses that frame her finely featured face over her obsidian shoulder as she leans in closer, cooing her words softly and gently.

"Ji dos ph'ezual dos ph'nin yibin ,d'elezz d'heen k'jakr sreenath lu'retlah d'yorn, quin z'klaen maunar avariel orofarne wund l'dhyn?"
(So you are saying you are now vulnerable,though of course still devastatingly powerful and yet must spend eternity dwelling among the civilizations of mortals?)[/i:2yxv18jn][/b:2yxv18jn][/color:2yxv18jn]
~Don't close your Eyes~

Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

"It's that or sit on a cloud somewhere and answer prayers. Good job I don't actually have followers." He shudders. "Horrible things followers, always asking you to help little lost lambs or cats up trees." He snorts. "As for vulnerable." He holds out his hand and a large gleaming sword appears in it. He holds it out to Ssin. "Cut my head off."
Titles:

Ssin'urn Streea
Regular

[i:1agsrj77][b:1agsrj77][font=garamond:1agsrj77][color=indigo:1agsrj77]She takes the sword from the halfling into her hand. Her lilac eyes widen and glitter with sparks of red.

"Siyo..jhal vel'bol zhah l'seke iklnig d'yorn lu'vel'bol nezcau'bol zhah l'dero'lyle d'torthain ...yorn ka dos xun naut zhaun lu'oh ulu kl'ae ol? Lu''zil whol waenre, xuileb mina, ulu vel'bol dros'he orn'la dos kla'ath? Usstan tlun natha Ilythiiri xuil zasimartek lu'kl'ae ol xuil l'zhaunil d'ussta bista drasven. Quin, ka Usstan gumash er'griff inbal nindel vel'bolen dos inbal, Usstan orn'la plynn zhennu ssrigg'tul wun ussta...waenre lu'kri'sha mina wun ussta elamshinae.Usstan orn'la iiyola ussta belbol lu'ser ol xuil l'bel'la lu'bel'lain d'ussta waenre vel'uss Usstan mir d'anthe."
(Yes..but what is the true meaning of power and what benefit is authority with possession of controlling influence if you do not know how to use it? And as for followers, without them, to what purpose would you serve? I am a Drow familliar with authority and weild it with the wisdom of my short years. Yet, if I could only have that which you have, I would take great pleasure in my followers and clothe them in my favor. I would treasure my gift and maintain it with the gratitude and respect of my followers who I would hold dear. )

Her hand grips the hilt as her nimble ebon fingers trace the length of the sword. The beautiful Drow glances back to the halfling, her lips forming their natural smirk. She extends the hilt of the sword back to him. [/color:1agsrj77][/font:1agsrj77][/b:1agsrj77][/i:1agsrj77][/size:1agsrj77]
~Don't close your Eyes~

Rooky
Legend
Location: A spooky wood, with man-eating little giant space hampsters

Post by Rooky »

*Geldin taps Mikey on the human shoulder*
Rather whiny for a god, ain't he?
*Mikey nods*
-Anyway, what the Hells is she saying?

*Mikey starts expalining to Geldin what is acctually happeninhg while Geldin listens and palys with the cat. He's more listening then palying though*
- Ahaaaa....Now I get it....But why does he want his head chopped off?

*Mikey ponders*
- Well....

WHAT?!

*He quickly turns, and sees the gods head wont be choped off after all.*
- Geldin!
:3
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

OOC: Well I just have this theory that the Gods are all related because of their power.

IC: The halfling does not take the sword back but it lifts out of her hands and comes down hard on his neck. It shatters into fragments but they stop in the air before they hit any of the patrons, obviously the Halfling took that into account. "Vulnerable I am not, bored I am! Godhood is boring, you mortals have no idea how easy you have it. Being all seeing is a real embarassment, you can't pass the time by reading, you look at a book and know it all by heart. You sit down to learn a skill and you can outdo a master within minutes. What doesn't die doesn't change, and what doesn't change can't live. We exist, but we do not live. It drives you insane eventually, look at Auntie Lolth, mad as a hatter she is setting her dreadful followers against each other, at least she doesn't have to look after them and blow their noses every five seconds."
Titles:

Velve
Regular

Post by Velve »

In a flurry of black feathers a raven flys into the room through an open window. The beautiful specimen of a creature lightly glides towards the still man in the corner.
The dark warrior mage awakens from his stupor enough to mechanically raise his right arm as the bird comes to him. The raven easly lands upon the black armored arm and turns to face the rest of the room, beady eyes flashing from figure to figure.

[color=indigo:1xoc2t29]Liera looks over her shoulder at the halfling as he attempts to decapitate himself, raising her arm instinctively to protect her face from the flying shards, then blushing faintly as they stop metres short of her. Her eyes watch the bird as it enters, yet she takes little note of it, prefering to take a sip of her wine as she looks back to Mikey and Geldin.
"The little furball there seems to have taken a liking to you," she says, noting the kitten batting back at the minotuar playfully.[/color:1xoc2t29]

The kitten hisses as she spins and raises her now bristeling tail in the air at the brutal sound of the shattering sword, her eyes growing wide with shock. Slowly she calms down and turns back to Geldin, only to be distracted by the movment and sounds of the flying bird, almost taking a step towards it as if to play. She loses intrest in that too as the raven settles into stillness, and turns once more to Geldin. She jumps up on a spare chair and onto the table, where she stares at the minotuar with large blue eyes and bats at his hand.
Rooky
Legend

Post by Rooky »

*Geldin watched the kitten bat his hands, and he didn't do as much as move when the shards flew. Getting tired of the gods constant whining. He stood up and walked over to the halfling*
- C'mon big boy...Let's talk.
*He lifted the small god up, and sited him on the bar*
- Since I'm an unaducated bull-head, I need to go over this again. You hate being a god, because there's no fun in it. YOu can't read a book because you already know what's happening, you can't learn new skills ***OOC: You can't whatch soaps because you already know Juan is cheating on Marinda Gonzales, because you already know that she's also a lesboan, and that she's cheating on him with another girl who is the doughter of some filthy rich guy who hates gay pople OOC***, you can't sleep for three seconds because some stupid mortal will come whining how come it's not raining enough, how the'yre love life is completly messed up etc. etc.
They're like little babyes right?
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

OOC: Lol like the OOC.

IC: As Geldin goes to pick up the halfling he finds him weighing a hell of a lot more than he can lift, presumeably he continues with his rant anyway. The halfling just sits there and takes it. "That's about the long and short of it."
Titles:

Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

Nedylene watches the halfling complain with an interested eye, until she shakes her head exasperated with the whole situation.
She blurts out...
"You think you've got it bad, how do you think....'
She cuts off here, shrinking back in chair, and covering her head with her hood, as if she could melt away into it.Apparently, she believes she has said too much.
Rooky
Legend

Post by Rooky »

*Geldin was pissed right now.*
- Does everybody have issues? *He returned to the halfling god and continued his rambling*
- Imagine this scene: A mother and a child. THe mother is feeding her child, keeping it warm, keeping it alive. Now imagine this: The mother leaves her child for some reason unkown and the child get's neither food, nor warmth, and it can't survive on it's own. It doesn't have neither the brute force, the brains, the health, nor the endurance. How do you expect over half a bilion mortals and immortals, not gods just immortals, to survive? You and a few other gods are the current mothers here. Immortals and mortals cionstantly biccer and squable over pointless things. Mikey and me got into a fight a few years back and almost killed each other, because he took my lunch!

Now imagine this happening all over the plains, with no gods....Hello! Wake up call! What do you think who keeps this damn universe in one piece? Gods. Gods like you. No Mercykillers, no Harmonium, no...Sentinels or whatever they're called.
Do you get it now why you're a god?
*Geldin looked wery eagerly at the halfling hopping for a possitive answer*
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

"No we don't. The sun stays in space, Abeir-Toril spins and the tides come in and out and the Gods take no notice. So long as they get to fuel their petty feuds they're happy. What is it with you mrotals that insists you need something to bow down to? Look at the Vashaaran, sure I'm not personally a fan of theirs but they just get on with it. No Miss." He turns to Ssin with a twinkle in his eye. "You said what you would do if you were a god yes?"
Titles:

Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

Nedylene had been trying to keep her mouth shut, but she just couldn't do it anymore, she sighs exasperatedly and gets up and walks to the bar.
She walks up to the halfling and gently puts a hand on his shoulder,
"The mortals need the Gods because we need something higher than ourselves, we need something to believe in.From the lowest peasants etching out a meager existence on their farms, ever weary of attack, to the highest Lord who lives his life in a constant state of fear of betrayal.We need the reassurance that there is something, someone, higher above us.Someone that sees us and , even if they do nothing that we can see to aid, we still have the assurance that at least they care.The Gods do nothing? Tell that to the clerics who call upon their Gods every day to heal the sick and dying, to raise the dead, and to turn back the ones who should be properly in their graves.We also need the Gods because they give us the assurance that when our time has run out, we are not over.That you or your kin will take us in and we will finally know peace.
So you are bored with the monotony of your existence? Do you think that there are not mortals with the same problems? I live my life, mortal as I am, in a constant state of boredom.I have no friends, no family, all I do is travel from place to place ,and fight off bounty hunters who seek to collect a ransom on my hide .The only labor I can find is so pathetically easy I do not break a sweat , and I have yet to have been attacked by a single person who even comes close to my skill level.Yet I go on, because I am certain that I have been spared for some greater reason, some greater purpose. I am also certain that you have been raised to Godhood for some greater purpose.So you wish not for followers?So be it..I would not want them if i were you, then find what it is you are supposed to do. Not even the Gods are bereft of a destiny.If you cannot find yours, then by the Gods, you should make it."
She sighs then and clumps down in the closest seat at the bar.
"If you don't mind sir, I could use a drink.Something strong enough to even put hair on my chest."
Ssin'urn Streea
Regular

[quote="Tyrmer":36w80anj] He turns to Ssin with a twinkle in his eye. "You said what you would do if you were a god yes?"[/quote:36w80anj]

[font=garamond:36w80anj][i:36w80anj][b:36w80anj][color=indigo:36w80anj]Ssin'urn Streea listens to both Geldin and the young Drow, allowing them to speak thier thoughts upon the matter. She then turns her attention back to the halfling god.

"Usstan inbalus nau ilhar, z'lonzic cahallin, xor sune, jhal Usstan inbal dro'xunus. L'ligrr uriu natha mon'tu, yorn. Riluss ssrig'luin folbol ulu ul'plyr ulu. Ulu tlu natha quar'valsharess orn'la xun l'ssinssrine d'ussta xukuth."
(I had no mother, sufficent food, nor warmth, but I have survived. The girl has a point, power, responsability. Everyone needs something, a goal to aspire for. To be a goddess would complete the desires of my heart.) [/color:36w80anj]

[/b:36w80anj][/i:36w80anj][/font:36w80anj][/size:36w80anj]
~Don't close your Eyes~