Death of a Villain, Birth of a Hero

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Drathir
Maid
Maid

Death of a Villain, Birth of a Hero

Post by Drathir »

"They are inferior to us in every way. The only surface races even close to our greatness is our light skinned cousins." Vhaefryn Auvrylyl lectured his young ward. Much to his disgust the Patron Grandfather of their little Vhaeraunite Village insisted that he train this whelp. The young dark elf could clearly become a challange to the power that the Vhaefryn's power as a shadow master. The boy may be young but he already looked the part of a drow that would be quite doomed in the Lolth run society of most drow due to his apearance. Although barely topping 3 feet, he had an aura of beauty around him. He had the dark skin suited to his race although his was a charmingly lighter shade, A trait Vhaefryn attributed to his being born under the sun. He had finely sculpted facial features as was common to all his race. The unusual trait he had was in his hair and eyes, Before they cut it all off the young boy had hair the colour of silver. The one thing they could not get rid of was his silvery eyes. "Listen when I speak to you boy!" drawing back his hand Vhaefryn slapped the child drawing a thing line of blood across the cheek of the young drow. "You will now tell me what you know of the lesser races." Vhaefryn said calmly as the child bled. "But sir, I dont know anything about the other races." the drow answered. "Insolence!" Vhaefryn answered and beat the child to unconciousness.

Narrator: This manner of teaching and beatings continued to happen between Vhaefryn and his ward for the next decade. It is at this time that we see the Vhaeraunite Village, Now known as Shadowsfall, preparing for a raid on an adjacent human city. Vhaefryn must stay behind to teach his student on the ways of battle.

"Listen mal'ai, Choose a weapon from the rack. You life will center around that weapon until your death." Vhaefryn announced with a veneer of politeness over his intense hatred for the child. The boy had grown well over the past decade despite the beatings. Now a little over 5 feet with his hair pulled back into a loose ponytail that measured around 2 feet long. His body had been sculpted by his tutors rigorous beatings, He no longer had the softness of body that a young drow normally had. He gained well sculpted muscles thanks to the beatings he was given as a younger child.
Looking at the rack his eyes were almost immediatly drawn to a rather large sword. Not quite as large as a greatsword but large then the usual swords that elves use. He walked over to the sword and picked it up and swang it. Almost immediatly he felt the weight come reassuringly into his body. "This one jabbuk." He said softly. "A little large but if you want to use it don't expect me to save you when you die thanks to its slowness." Vhaefryn said coldly. At that very momeny he heard a shout in the distance "Dancers!" the shout said.

((I know I'm pretty mean for stopping here but my hands hurt now, So does my brain))
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

OOC: Just to have a clear idea of what's going on. You ARE being attacked by Eilistraeens/elves right?

IC: Lia gripped her rapier tightly, this was her first combat and she wanted to impress her tutor. They waited in ambush a short way from the Vhaerunite village. None were to escape this skirmish, the Vhaerunite scum were to pay for their crimes this night. She waited for the order to charge, when it came, she ran and leapt herway to the village, rapier held tightly in her hand, just waiting for someone to give her a reason to use it.
Titles:

Master of the Lady's Dances
Recoverer of the Tome of Moonlight
Scribe of the Dark Maiden's Temple

High Priest of the Church of Rooky :D
Drathir
Maid
Maid

Post by Drathir »

"Stay here dalhar, You will only get in my way." Vhaefryn said calmly to the still unnamed drow child. The young drow though disappointed knew better then to argue with his tutor. Atlast, Vhaefryn thought, I will be able to surpass the patron grandfather with the deaths of these foolish drow traitors. Snatching up his dual long slender swords from the corner Vhaefryn charged out into the area where the voice cried out from. "You fools! You dare to attack my home! You shall all die a slow painful death upon an altar to Vhaeraun!" Vhaefryn yelled out at the eilistraee drow. "Vhaefryn, Still succumbing to your hatred........I must say I am disappointed in you." a voice that Vhaefryn knew well from his past. "Oloth........I had hoped I would never see you again." Vhaefryn responded to the dark elven bladesinger. "Vhaefryn, For your crimes against the elven people you have been summoned to a civil trial in Silverymoon." Oloth responded calmly. " Do you actually believe I would submit to your will? You are even more foolish then I thought." Vhaefryn said as he dashed behind one of the warriors that travelled with Oloth, reversing his grip on his sword he stabbed it backwards and smiled as the blade erupted thru the surprised drows chest. Oloth seeing the telltale movement of the drow that once served alongside him in Ched Nasad darted forward while unsheathing his longsword and beheading a drow warrior poised to attack one of the eilistraeen sorcerors. Slowly, one by one the troops eliminated each other until only Vhaefryn and Oloth remained. "This is where your fate is decided old friend." Oloth said calmly as he dropped down into a low guard with his longsword. Vhaefryn seeing the chance to fell this disgusting excuse for a drow charged forward with his offhand thinblade leading the assault. Oloth seeing the ruse stepped out of the way and then threw up his longsword to block the strike that came in for his skull. Summoning within his blood the arcane fury he was originally trained for, Oloth unleashed a ball of fiery destruction upon his foe. Surprising vhaefryn the ball of fire consumed his body. Oloth sighed will examining his former friends scorched body. "Vhaefryn......you were always a creature in constant torment I hope you find peace in death" Oloth said reverantly. " Ja.....bbuk?" Oloth heard a young but decidingly elven voice say. Glancing over towards the direction of the voice Oloth saw a young drow probably not over 70 years of age. Upon seeing his bloodied blade the young drow promptly fainted. Snatching up the child, Oloth took him back to the church of the dark maiden. "Brother, We will take in the child......But what is his name?" the high priestess of the temple said. " Call him.........Drathir." Oloth replied sadly.

OOC:I have decided that this is the end of this story....More out of my addiction to the new kingdom hearts game. But thanks to everyone that wanted to take part in it.