The Cavern Tavern ( Another social RP... )

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

User avatar
Pheurazath
Regular
Posts: 228
Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 4:35 am

Re: The Cavern Tavern ( Another social RP... )

Post by Pheurazath » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:03 am

As Kalkril, there is always a bit of amusement, a reason to smile when the lizard mount of the Drow, calm down in her presence. Transformation does nothing to conceal subtle things like the scent off flecks of Hook Horror blood, or a fainter scent of a dragon's nest. It reminds her of the calm on the faces of her Kobold subjects when she transforms back to a dragon. And yet, there is a small hint of guilt, or having upset the lizards to begin with.

Now with Charir perched on her shoulder, she ventures past the stable toward the Tavern common room, entering in time to catch hints of a conversation about blood and investigation, and watches the priestess and gnoll with amusement, before chiming in, [color=#8000BF:38lzru0u]"Oh, don't bother! I doubt anyone would like to watch a Hook Horror be dissolved from the inside, out."[/color:38lzru0u] A glance around the room, settles on Dorfgar, [color=#8000BF:38lzru0u]"Then again, I might be mistaken. Moradin only knows what dead monster a dwarf doesn't like seeing."[/color:38lzru0u]

Within her own mind, comes the complaints of Charir, as he glares suspiciously at the large party of humans, [color=#FF0000:38lzru0u][i:38lzru0u]"Mistress, are you certain it's safe here? These humans may be dangerous, we should not..."[/i:38lzru0u][/color:38lzru0u] The mostly unheard complaint from her familiar is cut short, from a mental and verbal, [color=#8000BF:38lzru0u]"Enough, Charir!"[/color:38lzru0u] This of course causes the house cat-sized pseudodragon to cringe, shrinking temporarily from the petting that follows, as her temperament returns to being peaceful, and adds, just verbally, [color=#8000BF:38lzru0u]"My apologies for the outburst, my familiar worries for my safety, alas sometimes I feel it is too much."[/color:38lzru0u]
Primary (Pheurazath AKA Kalkyril Ilindl)
Secondary (Virgil Stahne -- A repentant Warlock)
Other Secondary (Skrach -- A rogue, a rat, touched by the best)

Agmasek
Traveler
Posts: 99
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:07 pm

Re: The Cavern Tavern ( Another social RP... )

Post by Agmasek » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:41 am

Renji and Yonmei both exchange glances to one another at Narg's question, and there is a hint at something going unsaid, as they both grin in unison, and Yonmei replies, [color=#2956B2:298jyn3n][i:298jyn3n]"Killed? Goodness no, What sort of matter is that to discuss anyway? Besides, who needs to fight, if one is not seen?"[/i:298jyn3n][/color:298jyn3n] This is surely not very impressive to the big, proud Orc, but this family, and their friends, playing at a mocking mimicry of human nobles and their servants, for now remain inclined to keep up the act, and what nobles would dirty their hands with combat if they can simply avoid it?

Of course one spell to disrupt illusions, or ritual exorcism of the room, would hasten their revealing of the truth, but for now, this is much more fun. Renji puts in after, [color=#FF1A00:298jyn3n][i:298jyn3n]"We don't mean harm, we were merely forced to take a detour to our destination to avoid some lands rumored to be haunted. I fear no ghosts... but there are some in our party who are superstitious. So we're taking the long way around."[/i:298jyn3n][/color:298jyn3n] Just then, the aroma of a cooked meal reaches all this large party, and the 'noble' siblings are distracted, wandering away, speaking among themselves, challenging one another to name the food, the seasonings, etc. by the smell.

The elder member of their family smiles, almost laughing and stands beside Narg, giving him a nudging elbow in the side, [color=#919191:298jyn3n][i:298jyn3n]"Don't worry about them. Now me on the other hand, you gotta watch out for! I reckon I could outdrink a dwarf and elude an elf after!"[/i:298jyn3n][/color:298jyn3n] Of course now that that has been publicly declared, maybe he'll get to try. Following the sorceress Drow's outburst and apology, he winks aside to Narg, then strolls leisurely toward Kalkyril, [color=#919191:298jyn3n][i:298jyn3n]"Don't be too hard on yer pet, lass, I wouldn't trust an old human either, if I was him. The young can put up a better fight, but the old are more experienced, and crafty. Of course, I'd never dream of doing such a lovely lady any harm."[/i:298jyn3n][/color:298jyn3n] With a welcoming open hand offered to her, he adds, [color=#919191:298jyn3n][i:298jyn3n]"Most folk just call me Sir, just bein' polite to an old man I guess, but you can call me Shiru."[/i:298jyn3n][/color:298jyn3n]
Agmasek (Shadow Dragon, Illusionist, Shadow Mage)
Alternative Characters: Yonmei and Renji Kitsuki (Kitsune Rogues [Pathfinder Advanced Race Guide]),
and their Grandfather, Shiru Kitsuki

Bhaern Quel
Demigod
Posts: 2056
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:32 pm

Re: The Cavern Tavern ( Another social RP... )

Post by Bhaern Quel » Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:05 am

Kalkril: Felothe looks to you with wise eyes, perhaps seeing all that you are. "Vendui, you are as welcomed as all others that visit." She glances at Charir as she lowers her blade. "This place can cause unease, the meeting place of surface and the tunnels."

"Hunter do you still wish is see the defeat? Burning foes in the tunnels are such a chore, let the mother take that."

Kalkril: Dorfgar Grasps the handle of his hammer. "What are you saying about me, Elf?

Renji: Nyarg looks at you. "Your kind are well known for killing those of mine, killing of the order here is forbidden. No matter what they look like. If shelter and coin you have you are welcome as much as a hook horror." Grins.

Shiru: As you nudge Nyarg as dagger appears in his hand, though disappears as quick as you move into the room to speak with Kalkyril. If visitors kill each other it is not an issue.

User avatar
Pheurazath
Regular
Posts: 228
Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 4:35 am

Re: The Cavern Tavern ( Another social RP... )

Post by Pheurazath » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:24 am

((OOC: Apologies for my long delay in posting, looks like I'm life of the party at the moment though. Okay, here it goes!))

Kalkyril nods to Felothe, and even if her identity is compromised before this genuine Drow's eyes, she dismisses the danger, by the time Dorfgar responds, and covers her mouth while letting out a lady-like laugh, then teasingly answers him, [color=#8040FF:2m23osz0]"I said you stink of ale, and need a shave!"[/color:2m23osz0] She even leans forward a tad, half-daring the dwarf to challenge her, and yet at once hoping the dwarf recognizes this game of 'friendly insults'. It's a behavior more like a dwarf than a Drow, or in her case, more dragon than Drow.

It takes a bit of discipline to withdraw herself however, from her stare-down with Dorfgar to greet the elder human, [color=#8040FF:2m23osz0]"Greetings and well met, Shiru, I am Kalkyril, head of the House of Ilindl. I would surely welcome a duel of craft and wits, but if you would please pardon me..."[/color:2m23osz0] and she again turns that impish grin on Dorfgar, making sure he can hear the rest, [color=#8040FF:2m23osz0]"... I have a dwarf to bathe!"[/color:2m23osz0]
Primary (Pheurazath AKA Kalkyril Ilindl)
Secondary (Virgil Stahne -- A repentant Warlock)
Other Secondary (Skrach -- A rogue, a rat, touched by the best)

Agmasek
Traveler
Posts: 99
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:07 pm

Re: The Cavern Tavern ( Another social RP... )

Post by Agmasek » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:39 am

Renji pauses in his game with his sister to look back at Nyarg, at first looking quite serious, cocking a brow as if to ask the Orc if he's serious about this, then breaks into a boisterous laugh, and is soon close beside Nyarg, grinning in a manner that makes the noble youth look more like the fabled 'Wild Child' of human myths of a boy raised by wild animals, [color=#FF1A00:2dtx022c][i:2dtx022c]"I seriously doubt a hook horror would know what to do with coin anyway, but that was a pretty good joke! You're not bad!"[/i:2dtx022c][/color:2dtx022c]

Meanwhile Yonmei is watching, and listening in on the exchange between Kalkyril and Dorfgar, blushing profusely as she struggles to hold back her laughter, her voice barely rising enough to be heard by anyone, [color=#2956B2:2dtx022c][i:2dtx022c]"But that's... Dwarves don't..."[/i:2dtx022c][/color:2dtx022c] if only someone could hear her, she seems to know more about dwarves than a human noble normally ought.

As for Shiru, he obliges the Drow woman her game with the dwarf, smiling and shaking his head at once. At this rate, the whole family and their 'servants' will be exposed. Still, he doesn't make a move to stop it, this is the carefree and mischievous antics of their race, and even he cannot deny enjoying it all. And for those servants in tow, many of them keep a low profile, playing their roles, and set about cleaning the tavern with half hard work, and half kitsune magic, while the patrons are all distracted, in short order many surfaces are clean as if they were new, or cleaned better than when they were new. Of the male 'servants' they divide up tasks of sending a group of three back out to the forest above to hunt wild game, while the remainder split up around the establishment to perform any necessary carpentry types of repairs.
Agmasek (Shadow Dragon, Illusionist, Shadow Mage)
Alternative Characters: Yonmei and Renji Kitsuki (Kitsune Rogues [Pathfinder Advanced Race Guide]),
and their Grandfather, Shiru Kitsuki

Ogrim
Traveler
Posts: 143
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:23 am

Re: The Cavern Tavern ( Another social RP... )

Post by Ogrim » Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:12 am

((Waiting on me to post maybe?))

IC:

It's unanimous between Hunter and Farkas, before Felothe speaks to them again, especially after Kalkyril has already explained the critical details, and so the gnoll gestures toward Kalkyril, as to point out that she's already explained the matter, and then gracelessly falls back into his seat, and ruffles Farkas over the neck. All is contentment and quiet between them for awhile as Ranger and Companion commune and reaffirm their bond to each other, for it is deeper than that alone, they are brothers, pack mates, and truest friends all rolled into one.

The empathic silence is broken first by Farkas, as his ears catch Yonmei's quiet broken sentences, and he looks to her, then Shiru, and even Renji, and finally to Hunter, [color=#FFFF00:1siclfu9][highlight=#000000:1siclfu9]"Brother, these humans seem strange. None have paid us any mind yet, and the elder one is too bold. Maybe it is nothing, just a 'gut feeling'."[/highlight:1siclfu9][/color:1siclfu9]

At first Hunter is about to dismiss it, but then considers Renji's all too casual proximity to Nyarg, and grumbles back, [color=#80BF00:1siclfu9]"Thinkin' yer right. But ain't hurtin' us, an' have something to hide. Maybe whatever it is can mean [i:1siclfu9]paying[/i:1siclfu9] work for us."[/color:1siclfu9]

Bhaern Quel
Demigod
Posts: 2056
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:32 pm

Re: The Cavern Tavern ( Another social RP... )

Post by Bhaern Quel » Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:26 am

((Yes I took a few days, was busy))


Kalkyril, Felothe returns you nod with a smile, "Charir you are welcome here as well, a place not always safe though that is true." For a moment or two Dorfgar is not sure of the game this Drow is playing, the hand reaching toward his hammer. The interruption of Shiru provides time for some thought and he readies a reply no longer angry. "Aye, the best ale this place has to offer that is true, though a bath I think not this day by a twig of a female that can not grow a bread at all. When you grow your bread to a respectable length we can talk about trimming mine. I might even allow you to marry me." Grins and winks then turns again eye to the doors and watches the people. "No time for games right now" it appears more said to himself then any other.

Nyarg watches as Renji steps near again to him, the dagger could slip in quick. "Oh a few have visited some even had coin." He like Dorfgar then appears to return to task of guarding, though all within the room are noted even the servants that take up minor tasks. Eyes for them to make sure nothing disappears or breaks.

Yonmei, Hinomil in a soft whisper that only you might hear. "Some do things that many believe they do not do." he does not appear to be watching you, his eyes often looking into the fire.

Hunter and Farkas, Daisy sets plates before. "Now that that is settled it is time for you to eat. I will ready a bath and a room for you if you wish"

User avatar
Pheurazath
Regular
Posts: 228
Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 4:35 am

Re: The Cavern Tavern ( Another social RP... )

Post by Pheurazath » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:12 am

Kalkyril , delighted that the dwarf played along, at least, still manages a hearty laugh, and steps closer to him, leaning in to purr in his ear, [color=#8000FF:3gkyn7gd]"Marry you?! Oh, handsome dwarf, not before you've seen my handiwork in the caves, and matched it or done better, and I dare say you'd have your work cut out for you. Do that, and we'll see about that beard."[/color:3gkyn7gd] Of course, that is a challenge and an invitation to investigate the site of the battle with the Hook Horror, and find the evidence of what really slew the beast. How she likes to toy and tease with proud males who take her Drow form at face value. Charir however, is less than enthusiastic about these games, wondering if she'll ever grow out of them.

However, whether Dorfgar takes the bait or not, she saunters away to a clean (or relatively clean) table, and has a seat, letting Charir down onto the table, where his chin is stroked as he lies down, drawing soft croons, and trills of bliss. This prevents him from further protests, while she enjoys her game, and wonders idly if the dwarf will play along. Down in Underdark, her secret identity may matter, but on the surface, and unto surface races, she's become quite willing to risk exposure, if only for entertainment.
Primary (Pheurazath AKA Kalkyril Ilindl)
Secondary (Virgil Stahne -- A repentant Warlock)
Other Secondary (Skrach -- A rogue, a rat, touched by the best)

Agmasek
Traveler
Posts: 99
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:07 pm

Re: The Cavern Tavern ( Another social RP... )

Post by Agmasek » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:56 am

Renji doesn't laugh this time, that was most certainly not a joke, or at least he doesn't think it was. This earns Nyarg a wary stare, as the young noble returns to his sister's side, in time to take in Kalkyril's teasing and toying with a dwarf, and now trying to remember if he's ever heard of such a thing as a Drow woman speaking so casually with a dwarf, much less challenging one to feats of battle prowess. About to ask his sister if she's ever heard of such a thing, he follows her line of sight as it has turned to yet another Drow.

Yonmei cocks her head at Hinomi's words, curious, and bearing a deceptively innocent, and naive expression, her voice only elevated enough to speak softly with the wizard, [color=#2956B2:2ydybmbc][i:2ydybmbc] "Pardon me? Are you sure? I was taught that the ale smell is normal, and a dwarf's beard isn't something to be taken so lightly." [/i:2ydybmbc][/color:2ydybmbc]She has a short pause with a look of deep thought on her face, and then points out,[color=#2956B2:2ydybmbc][i:2ydybmbc] "Though, come to think of it, none of you here, except the dwarf make much sense to me, no offense meant. It's just, I always heard Drow are dangerous and sometimes even evil people, that look on other races as inferior. Our lessons about Orcs say they are wild savages. You and mister Nyarg are neither savage nor evil as best as I can tell. The other Drow with the little dragon though, is it normal for the ladies of your people to be like that?"[/i:2ydybmbc][/color:2ydybmbc]

After staying out of it this long, Renji pipes in too,[color=#FF1A00:2ydybmbc][i:2ydybmbc] "I was kind of wondering the same thing. I don't think I've ever even seen a [b:2ydybmbc]surface[/b:2ydybmbc] elf flirt with a dwarf so openly."[/i:2ydybmbc][/color:2ydybmbc]

All the while Shiru seeks out a place to have a seat. Perhaps old age makes this human bolder than some, but that seat is found at the same table as Hunter, [color=#919191:2ydybmbc][i:2ydybmbc]"Hah! Perhaps this detour was worthwhile, perhaps even educational. You two look like you've seen your share of adventures, if I were only a bit younger, I'd offer to join you on the next."[/i:2ydybmbc][/color:2ydybmbc]
Agmasek (Shadow Dragon, Illusionist, Shadow Mage)
Alternative Characters: Yonmei and Renji Kitsuki (Kitsune Rogues [Pathfinder Advanced Race Guide]),
and their Grandfather, Shiru Kitsuki

Bhaern Quel
Demigod
Posts: 2056
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:32 pm

Re: The Cavern Tavern ( Another social RP... )

Post by Bhaern Quel » Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:49 am

Hunter and Farkas, Daisy guides you to the baths and your rooms, making sure she takes the coins given to you to pay for the meal and the rest. Then she departs as you rest.

Kalkyril, Dorfgar considers your words, not that he is looking for an unbreaded wife. There though is something about her. She wants to play. As you step away considers more, there is little time for play as there is work to do now. His eyes though watch the table you select.

Renji, Nyarg returns your look with stead red eyes and watches as you step to join your sister. Not a word spoken even as he turns his eyes back to the door.

Yonmei In normal tone, not the magic whisper you first heard, Hinomi replies. "Xas, I am sure. Some ale can be stale other ruined in the brewing." Smiles, not replying to the bread part of that question. As to the next question a reply is offered. "Some see danger in myths, some see no harm in a needle. I am Drow do you believe I can do you no harm if I desired? nods "Yes some of my blood kin do believe that those of the surface and even those of the tunnels are lesser people then those of the ilythiiri, however not all do. As to Nyarg a savage, that you forget their race make their deadly axes. There are times to war and times for peace. This place is a time for peace." Your glance to Kalkyril results in a raised eyebrow. "The Lady is a visitor, just as your are. I know little about her. However having pets is clearly common with many races."

Renji, Hinomi eyes turn to you. "There are many things you likely have not yet seen, may you live to see more. Calling any ilythiiri a surface elf might not allow you to live for long. The Lady and you are both guests here, all that is required is that you do not harm any of the community and pay proper coin for any service that you wish. Oh it will not go without saying, if you damage property or spell blood of another guest you will be expected to pay for that as well, the repair and cleaning. Should that be your choice."

Shiru, Felothe joins you at Hunter's table as he is being lead away by Daisy. "They need some rest now, but indeed from all indications they have had some adventures. Here is a place for them to rest." Looks to your children. "There might not be rest yet for them."

Ogrim
Traveler
Posts: 143
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:23 am

Re: The Cavern Tavern ( Another social RP... )

Post by Ogrim » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:30 pm

Hunter regards the strange elderly human with guarded suspicion, but responds not. Rather he is glad to be led away to the baths, and for when he, his wolf, and Daisy are out of earshot, he utters to her, [color=#00BF00:23viv2m4]"Be careful of that family, Farkas and I are sure they aren't what they appear. They smell wrong. We are not welcome in human places, but we have watched the humans enough to know they are not. Or they're crazy people. Which could make them dangerous either way."[/color:23viv2m4]

To Felothe, before they two depart, led by Daisy, Farkas communicates, [highlight=#000000:23viv2m4][color=#FFFF00:23viv2m4]"Careful priestess, my brother and I smell strangeness about these humans. I think trickery, Hunter believes it is madness. Something about them seems... off."[/color:23viv2m4][/highlight:23viv2m4]

Bhaern Quel
Demigod
Posts: 2056
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:32 pm

Re: The Cavern Tavern ( Another social RP... )

Post by Bhaern Quel » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:19 pm

Hunter Daisy smiles to you. "With so many we will watch them, do not worry about that. Do you want my help with your bath?"

Farkas Receives the communication and replies back "I have noticed not a normal Rivven care will be taken, it always is when new visit us."

Shyntra
Traveler
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:44 am

Re: The Cavern Tavern ( Another social RP... )

Post by Shyntra » Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:45 am

[b:sqh6s3th] === An Unknown Newcomer === [/b:sqh6s3th]

The door of the tavern suddenly swings open as a rooster dashes in, clucking at the top of its lungs.

*cluck* *cluck* *bawk* *cluck*

The chicken is shortly followed by a dark-haired woman wearing a variety of furs, leathers, and colorful feathers. She has a skinny, athletic build, as if her body was made of nothing but muscles and bones. Her tanned skin bears both old scars and fresh, bleeding wounds.

She chases the crazy bird around for a short while, before leaping forward and catching it, struggling somewhat as the rooster attempts to flap its wings wildly, scattering its own feathers along the floor.

*squawk* *bawk bawk*

[color=green:sqh6s3th]"Calm down, you,"[/color:sqh6s3th] she mutters under her breath.

Bhaern Quel
Demigod
Posts: 2056
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:32 pm

Re: The Cavern Tavern ( Another social RP... )

Post by Bhaern Quel » Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:30 am

The patrons look at the rooster with some surprise.

Nyarg steps toward you his face not showing his feelings at the moment. "Greetings, I am Nyarg" His eyes stud you and your clothing. Not seeing any weapons his glance travels to the rooster. "The prices are not that high that you need bring your own supper. If you have need of healing, one here certainly might provide you some aid."

Shyntra
Traveler
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:44 am

Re: The Cavern Tavern ( Another social RP... )

Post by Shyntra » Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:29 am

OOC: Come to think of it, she should have some sort of weapon on her. I messed up, whoops. Will try to fix it. Also, I've made some assumptions about the location of this Tavern, because it's not stated anywhere. Where can I find out about it?

IC:

[b:2ashvhep] === An Unknown Newcomer === [/b:2ashvhep]

If Nyarg is still looking, he might noticed a leather bandolier, which includes a sheath containing a small, well-worn dagger with a wooden handle.

The woman looks up. [color=green:2ashvhep]"Oh, hello Niarg. People call me Jannet. They say everyone needs a name."[/color:2ashvhep] She ponders over his words, an expression of confusion upon her face for a while, before she chuckles. [color=green:2ashvhep]I was hunting in the nearby forest. I didn't expect this chicken to run all the way inside, and I hate losing a good lunch."[/color:2ashvhep]

The rooster has calmed down slightly, but is still flapping about. *squawk*

[color=green:2ashvhep]"I'm fine, thanks. Just give it time. I've never really understood those- healers, you call them? Talking about their... faith?[/color:2ashvhep]" She sounds quite curious.

Post Reply