Half Moon Inn: Part 6

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Half Moon Inn: Part 6

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

((here to continue))
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Irae'xyra Hun'und
Maid
Maid

Re: Half Moon Inn: Part 6

Post by Irae'xyra Hun'und »

Irae, attracted by the sounds of music playing, entered the inn. At first, she just stood there, letting the music flow through her.
[i:jz4vvfr4] It has been too long[/i:jz4vvfr4], she thought,[i:jz4vvfr4] since the last time I had the chance to dance.[/i:jz4vvfr4] She located a table near the "dance floor" to place her pack and removed a decorative fringed beaded belt from it. She removed her robe and placed the belt around her hips, pulled the pins that held her long flowing red hair and let it hang loose. She placed her robe over the pack and unsheathed her sword.
Perhaps it was a condition of being a Drow that makes her unaware of most surface dwellers notions of "decency", despite being born on the surface.

As a new song began, Irae moved gracefully out onto the open floor, holding her sword, in both hands, above her head and began to dance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54SaobEN1n8
((of all forms of sword bellydance, this is the closest to how I see Irae dancing))
Millek
Maid
Maid

Post by Millek »

Poor cat, caught between the charming, exotic, Yonmei's alluring flirtations, an offer to dance, and then of course the sword-dancer already on the floor. Feline eyes dart between the three, a blush faintly showing beneath fur, and more visibly in his ears, but as well, he decides to decline the offered dance, "Alas, Rahj has two left feet, except in battle, or in the hunt. Besides..." he motions toward Irae, "this one has not seen this dance in many years. Sit, watch, appreciate the grace, the fine control of every muscle."

A pleasant grin returns, some of his blush fading, hoping Zarae and Lothir take his advice to watch the show. And then there is still the matter of Yonmei, a curiously insightful young lady, he removes his cowl, and gloves, offering then a hand to her, "Come, sit with Rahj, tell him how you know of the wild run."
Character 1: Viletooth of the Poison Dusk Lizardfolk: Sariss
(Viletooh is a Black Dragon/Lizardfolk hybrid. Template is found in Dragon Magic handbook for D&D 3.5)
Character 2: Assassin Khajiit: Rahj
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

The bard nods in agreement. "Yes; I, too, enjoy watching a fellow performer practice their art. And I'm always interested in learning some new steps to use of the floor AND on the battlefield. After all, all of life is but a dance, is it not? The dance of predator and prey, of life and death- they are all the same. The battledancer's art is beautiful, to be sure, but no less deadly for it." He seems to be expressing a philosophy much studied, and watches the pretty stranger with acute interest. However, gone is the light, flirtatious attitude he showed with Zarae, now he seems all about studying her every move intently, as if memorizing them for some purpose. "You konw, in a city called Torrino I saw some dancers from the city of Simara in the Arian Desert of my homeworld who danced like that. And I met a delightful Sivani woman named Dulcya in Almin who did a similar dance, as well. However, she did not use swords. But she kicked high enough that I could see what she wore under her skirts- and I'll let you GUESS what that was!" He says with a wicked grin and a very un-innocent waggling of his brows.

He absently leans toward Rahj without taking his eyes off the lady with the sword twirling on the floor, brow furrowed, and says quietly enough not to disturb her dance, "Wild run? You have mentioned hunting several times- is it some great hobby of yours? Or is this another sort of hunt?" He says it casually, but there is a distinct undertone of perceptive curiosity, as though he had sensed something unusual about the khajiit's reference.
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Agmasek
Maid
Maid

Post by Agmasek »

With her coy smile, the long-haired wu-jen accepts Rahj's offer,and gracefully settles in the cat's lap. On his prompting, she watches the dance for a moment, before responding to Lothir and Rahj at once, with sneaky-looking grin, and a teasing caress along Rahj's cheek, "[i:16gv1imb]Look at these eyes, these are hunter's eyes. Who with such eyes, does not feel the pulse of the wild in their blood, or their soul?[/i:16gv1imb]" That sneaky little smile spreads, as she leans against Rahj's chest and shoulder, and strokes her fingers through his facial fur, "[i:16gv1imb]Besides, I have a brother who gets the same look in his eyes, sometimes[/i:16gv1imb]."
Agmasek (Shadow Dragon, Illusionist, Shadow Mage)
Alternative Characters: Yonmei and Renji Kitsuki (Kitsune Rogues [Pathfinder Advanced Race Guide]),
and their Grandfather, Shiru Kitsuki
Irae'xyra Hun'und
Maid
Maid

The song ends and Irae moves back to the table, slipping her robe back on and sheathing her sword. She sees the cat-creature eyeing her and nods to him as she walks toward his table.
"Forgive my interuption." Irae bows to each at the table. "My name is Irae'xyra Hun'und." She turns to face Rahj directly. "I have not seen one like you before. Nor have I heard of your race from my grandmother. I do not wish to be rude, but may I ask what you are and where you come from?"

((sorry for the extra short post, brain pain makes it hard to think.))
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

Zarae accepted the decline, but she had wanted to offer a chance anyway. when the others joined in, she remained quiet watching the two newcomers and finishing anything left of the food in front of her, curious about the bluntness of the drowess too and 'werefox'(?) .
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Millek
Maid
Maid

Post by Millek »

Caught, for but a second, when Lothir poses his question regarding hunting, Yonmei's interruption buys him just enough time to think of a good answer, "In the province of Skyrim, where Rahj grew up, there are two sorts of men whose prowess are often praised. The mighty Warrior, who laughs death in the face, and battles with giants head on, and the swift, and cunning hunter, clever as the fox, agile and swift as the sabre cat, and with eyes of the mighty hawk, his bow can bring down any prey. For Rahj,the way of the hunter, is as much his way of battle, as well as his religion. If this does not satisfy you though, ask again when we are away from settled lands, and this one shall explain more." As sound an answer as he could conjure up in so short a time, he glances curiously and yet wary of the exotic, black-haired 'human' in his lap, for fear he might somehow expose his delicate secret with an indelicate choice of words.

For Irae's question, he finds it a welcome distraction from the current topic, "Worry not, fair lady, this one is not surprised he is unknown to you. In fact it may be a common reaction to his presence for some time to come. This one is Rahj, and his race is Khajiit. He comes here from a world called Tamriel, transported by foul trickery, and vile magic of a god-like demon from his realm. There is surely more to be said of Khajiit than this, so if more you wish to learn, a journey is planned to the halls of a dwarven city, have we planned. Rahj cannot see any reason to object to more companions for the journey."
(Viletooh is a Black Dragon/Lizardfolk hybrid. Template is found in Dragon Magic handbook for D&D 3.5)
Agmasek
Maid
Maid

Post by Agmasek »

Yonmei wrinkles her nose at mention of dwarves, intolerant of so much of their culture and behaviors. Not to any degree of true prejudice, just not terribly fond of their company, or table manners (or rather, usual lack thereof). Still, this cat-man is a curiosity that the fox in her cannot let out of sight... yet, and so she offers, "Then if you wish, you shall have my magic along the road. Besides, it will keep me out of the troubles of old, and bad habits." Too tempting... and easy, when she's bored, to use her magic to ensnare the minds and hearts of strapping young men, and make them practically worship her, staying too long around human settlements is decidedly a bad influence on her.

((Kinda like a werefox, however Hengeyokai while possessing all the same shape shifting features of lycanthropes are an actual race, and not the product of a 'curse', nor can they transmit it through a bite. It CAN be passed down to offspring, however the odds of this are reduced, if the other parents is not both Hengeyokai, and the same animal type. Alternately this also means the possibility of relationships with humanoids, just as easily as with an ordinary animal of their type. Yonmei, is a fox-type Hengeyokai.))
Alternative Characters: Yonmei and Renji Kitsuki (Kitsune Rogues [Pathfinder Advanced Race Guide]),
Irae'xyra Hun'und
Maid
Maid

Irae bows graciously before the Khajiit. "It would be this Drow's honor to travel with you, my new furry friend. My sword, and my healer's hands are at your service. I would like to hear more of you, your race, and your world. If you do not mind speaking of it. And I will tell you of me and my race. If you wish to hear it. But first, some food if you can spare the time." She waves down a bar maid and orders food for herself and drinks all around.
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

The bard gives the newcomer a nod, and raises a glass to her in salute. "Well, between the two of us, I think friend Rahj will learn more than he ever wanted to know about our kind. I've already given him the short version of drow culture and mores, perhaps you can help add some female perspective on the matter."

Millek
Maid
Maid

Post by Millek »

((OOC: First of all, WOW! Welcome back! I had all but given up on ever seeing new posts on here ever again.))

Overwhelmed by so many offers of friendship and assistance on the road, Rahj purrs with a big toothy, feline smile, "This one would be honored to have so many companions on the road. Alone on the roads, Rahj often crept and stalked among the hills, trees, and rocky places, that he may always have the element of surprise. This one leaves rushing into bloody battle to Orcs, easier victories are had with archery from an unseen place. With allies, bandits and wild beasts seem a little less intimidating. A good meal though, there is plenty of time for this, the road seldom offers so much comfort or fine dining as a tavern or inn."

For Yonmei's part, he continues to find her odd, even as humans go, but then he has always found them a little strange. He then has a question of his own, "There is but one more question this one has, of these lands, what god here rules over? It would not do for Rahj to speak the names of foreign gods, lest the natives take him for a heretic."
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

OOC: Welcome back? I never left, LOL! I've just been mostly lurking, since it seems no one had been posting. I finally just got bored and thought I'd try to get this going again.

IC: "A better question, friend Rahj, would be what gods DON'T rule here! There are gods from many races and even from more than one world worshiped here. The gods of my own people- mainly Lolth the Spider-Bit, er, Queen, the Dark Maidne I myself follow, the Masked Lord Vaerhaun- and the gods of the dwarves and the surface elves, the strange animal-headed pantheon of Mulhorand, and foriegn powers such as Mielikki, Tyr, Silvanus, and others from other worlds. Gods of the halflings, the gnomes, the lizardfolk and dragons. So you see, you would hardly offend anyone by calling upon a foriegn deity. Truth be told, my mate's brother follows a deity of our own world qho has no other followers here. He's been trying to spread his faith here in hopes that his deity will gain enough of a following that he can regain his divine gifts. A paladin without his divine powers is only half himself, it seems." The bard gives Rahj a warm smile, and glances over at his two young ones, who listen with curiosity to the talk.

"Uncle Palax is a holy knight! But he can't use magic like other paladins. Cause his god can't hear him here." The little girl- Mayerelyn- says, and her twin brother nods in agreement.

Agmasek
Maid
Maid

Post by Agmasek »

Tittering laughter arises from the 'curious' human woman in Rahj's lap, then disembarking from the rather forward and flirtatious perch, to a seat of her own, which for some reason requires producing a compass, and making certain to position the chair so that she is facing east, a peculiar little ritual that, but then words follow the laughter, [i:k0skaws9]"How very fortunate you have acquired a Wu Jen for your journeys this day, some of my spells are similar to those restricted usually to your gods-given magics. My primary elemental focus is Water, with a mix of the Wood element, and sometimes Earth spells. However, Rahj, the elves are correct, for each race, another pantheon, and for some races, several, and a smattering of gods of no particular pantheon. Of course the two names I have heard spoken of most among the hunters with fur, are Malar, and Selune, one evil, the other good, but now I am curious too, what name do hunters of your land praise?"[/i:k0skaws9]
Millek
Maid
Maid

Post by Millek »

The comments from the children bring a warm smile to the cat's face, which now struggle to keep its good humor. Civilized lands, back home, were poor locale to speak of such things as being associated with Daedra, but he has been probed, and pressed, and hesitantly hinting at things that now he can't seem to escape speaking of. A deep steadying breath, and a heavy sigh escapes him, as he finds the nerve and level of alertness to speak of this matter. Weighing his options, he motions for his new friends to gather a little closer, so he may lower his voice a bit.
"The native people of Skyrim, the Nords, praise their once mortal-man god, Talos, for most everything, the other Divines have their places in Skyrim, but not as strongly. Still, the Divine are not the only powers worshipped. This one mentioned before the Daedric Princes, lords of the many planes of Oblivion. This one's soul, since accepting a ritual in joining the trusted ranks of an ancient band of honorable warriors, The Companions, who protect the peoples of Skyrim from many troubles, belongs now to the Daedric Prince of the Hunt, Hircine, Creator of the Man-beasts. Rahj, he accepted the blood and spirit of the wolf." At this point he pauses, steadying himself, weighted by having to confess this to people who may react like most people do, with either hate or fear, and drawn blades.

When he has gathered u his nerve again, he continues,"This is a shameful thing to speak of in Rahj's world, among most civilized people. He has control of it, but where Rahj is subtle and clever, it is a force brutal and savage, also, seductive, and addictive. Even the Khajiit has love of hunting, but we hunt stealthily, from shadows, and sometimes the table may turn on who is predator and who is prey. When hunting with Hircine's gifts, all is prey. When Rahj passes from life, he will join Hircine in the Eternal Hunting Ground, as the beast he has accepted being. Word of Hircine, Rahj will not spread here. As for the assassins Rahj worked for, they praise a god-being they call Sithis, which is harder to explain, except as Rahj as heard it, that Sithis is the empty Void, the cold embrace of death, and all victims of the Dark Brotherhood, are believed sacrifices sent to Sithis, a being neither of the Divines, nor the Daedra." All this said, there is now a look weighing over his features, of dread, fear, and despair. To have told half of this where he is from, would have seen him chased away, lynched, or arrested and executed once his curse was proven. Speaking of these things are a sure way to lose friends, and he has so very few as it is now. Most of all, he fears the reaction of those wonderful, smiling children, wondering how they will judge him. This is the dark path his spirit has gone down, and not all of it has he sounded proud of.