Cleric Errant (i.e.: new player)

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Irae'xyra Hun'und
Maid
Maid

Re: Cleric Errant (i.e.: new player)

Post by Irae'xyra Hun'und »

((Round two...))

Uncertain of whether or not the humanoid saw her or Amil, Irae crouches low, her sword held out in front of her. Irae motions for the human female to do the same.
She looks in the pocket for a place for the human to hide behind and indicates to her to hide, if something is present.
Then Irae charges forward, Goblin in toe. When she thinks she's close enough to the humaniod, Irae throws the Goblin at it with all the force she can muster, then takes a swing with her sword in a downward chopping motion.
((I'm assuming Irae can't tell whether the humaniod is male or female at this point))
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

The human follows the hand signs to hide deeper in the pocket.

The Goblin thrust forward toward S'rikik he yells out (Goblin) "Friend, no kill me, kill her."
Ogrim
Maid
Maid

Post by Ogrim »

At once S'rikik or at least the displaced image of her turns aside toward the clamor of a goblin being tossed at her. Poor, poor goblin is tossed right through that false image, followed by that downward chop, finding nothing but illusion to strike. Perhaps a costly move, easy to leave Irae off balance, and exposed to attack. Instead, the true figure is but a couple paces behind, and mockingly swats the flat of a scimitar across Irae's backside. However, she remains defensive, having no interest in killing any potential allies until they prove to not be.

Following the taunt, S'rikik begins letting out a low, buzzing, droning noise. While having no effect on Drow, neither goblin nor human can likely resist the peculiar effect of the sound, compelling them to fall fast asleep, and slumber without end, or until disturbed. Afterward, she speaks again in goblin, "Not your enemy."
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

The goblin crashes into the other side of the tunnel and is stunned.

The human continues to hide and falls to sleep.

Amil hearing the goblin cry out. Abandons his point of ambush and steps out the tunnel to rejoin Irae to see what is going on, arriving just after the flat blade swings at Irae and hears S'rikik's words. (Goblin "She does not know this vile language, so named friend of goblins." (Drow) "Hold battle, it is easier to get answers before killing, then after. She says she is friend."

Eyes turns back to study S'rikik, hands empty of weapons.
Irae'xyra Hun'und
Maid
Maid

Irae stops herself from crashing into the wall of the cavern and spins around to face S'rikik. Hearing Amil's words to her, Irae does not make a second attack, but neither does she lower her sword. Instead, Irae slowly moves back toward the pocket from which she made her first attack, positioning herself between S'rikik and the human girl, changing from an offensive stance to a defensive one.

(To Amil) "Agreed. Lets find out who she is and what she's doing here."
Ogrim
Maid
Maid

Post by Ogrim »

Now that all is a bit more calmed down, the portly looking humanoid of a ranger, relaxes her own stance, one of her pair of scimitars being sunk into a place where the scabbard resides, beneath abundant layers of loose fabrics. Clearly she has something to hide, being so over-dressed. When the hand withdraws from sheathing that blade, there is a brief, albeit adequate second to glimpse it peculiar anatomy, four, sharp, wicked digits, covered not in skin, scales, or fur, but chitinous exoskeleton.

Continuing then in surface Common, S'rikik explains herself, "Not friend of goblins. Trick to make them let down guard, gather many around, then make them sleep, take coins, take gems, use cave as nest, and goblins to feed offspring. S'rikik has no need for wealth, but he who makes her live longer, does. Fair trade, yes? Attacking humans draws too much trouble to nests, attacking Drow is poor way to make allies against common enemy. Will not stop you from taking human, though wish you had not killed so many goblins. More useful alive."
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Irae nods to you and hand signals to watch. Then eyes turn to S'rikik, eyes noting all that can be as he watchs her moves. (Comon) "There is lore about about many within the world. I think I know you. My companion collects heads of the vermin, that is why they died. You are looking for more? Below are many, more then the humans know. Not all will sleep when you sing so having aid of course good for you. What though be good for us?" Glances to Irae to see how well she is following the Common.
"We will need to know a little more before we decide. Whom you pay for you live longer might be something we might need to know, or at least how much."

Nods head. "I do agree we will keep human, after I talk some with goblin you can keep him. This part of deal I make with you. As for rest of agreement Irae and I need to Consider. My name is Amil." Waits for responses from either.
Ogrim
Maid
Maid

Post by Ogrim »

Peculiarly garbed, peculiar ranger bobs her head in a slight bow, "This one, she is S'rikik, gifted with a higher intellect than her mother, seeking to make new way for Tirbana to live, not treated as pests. Fleshy races do not like how we reproduce, S'rikik believes if we use creatures you like even less, this is good compromise, and Tirbana no longer need be hunted. S'rikik learns the Ranger's way, but still, she is looked upon as filthy vermin, and so had to make deal with evil powers. S'rikik gives coins and gems to certain people... certain temples, she is rewarded with long life." Having declared her race, she now removes her mask, revealing that clearly insect head, with such striking resemblance to a huge cockroach, a slight, albeit disgusting drooling forming round the mandibles that make up her 'mouth', "Leave [b:2agy1753]some[/b:2agy1753] coin for S'rikik at least, so she may pay her tribute to Lord of Flies, and continue quest for betterment of Tirbana life."
Irae'xyra Hun'und
Maid
Maid

Irea follows the conversation easily enough. She shudders as S'rikik explains the breading habits of her race. :#
"I don't really wish that on these vile creatures, however, it -does- keep them from causing any more grief for the towns people." She thinks for a moment.
"I would like to return the girl to her family before we continue down. Get her back to safety rather than risk her injury or death in here. Resupply, if needed, then come back here and finish the job." Irae turns to S'rikik. "If you are truly here seeking to better the lives of your kin and race, I will help you as best I can. But should I discover you are lying to us, by Eilistraee, I -will- kill you." She breathes in deeply and exhales with a heavy sigh. "As for sharing some of the gold, I do not have issue with it."

With that, Irae nods once and turn back toward the human girl as she sheathes her sword. Instead of waking the girl, Irae carefully picks her up in her arms and walks back out of the pocket with her. "Are you two coming with, or waiting around here?" She asks with a raised eyebrow as she begins to head out of the cave.
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

((Will filled female ;) ))

S'rikik after hearing the few words of the Priestess shakes head at her retreating back.
(Goblin) "She appears to want to make all the rules, however we should return the human" Bends to pick up the goblin and slaps him awake (Goblin) "Where did you find the human, your life might depend on how true you are to me." Then looks to S'rikik again (Common) "Shall we go along with her or would you prefer to wait here for our return? "

Irea (Drow) "Yes dear I am coming with you, however do you know where to go yet?"

Steps out to follow her, while waiting for the goblin to answer questions.
Irae'xyra Hun'und
Maid
Maid

Irae stops and turns to face Amil, winking slyly.
"Forgive me, darling. I've always had a take charge personality." She waits for the Goblin to respond.
Ogrim
Maid
Maid

Post by Ogrim »

[quote:1yvbmr63]Irea follows the conversation easily enough. She shudders as S'rikik explains the breading habits of her race. :#
"I don't really wish that on these vile creatures, however, it -does- keep them from causing any more grief for the towns people."[/quote:1yvbmr63]

Hardly a surprising reaction for the long-lived Tirbana, her extended lifespan affording her a bit more experience and wisdom regarding how the fleshy vertebrates view her and her nesting habits. She answers the following statement with, "Exactly."

[quote:1yvbmr63]S'rikik after hearing the few words of the Priestess shakes head at her retreating back.
(Goblin) "She appears to want to make all the rules, however we should return the human" Bends to pick up the goblin and slaps him awake (Goblin) "Where did you find the human, your life might depend on how true you are to me." Then looks to S'rikik again (Common) "Shall we go along with her or would you prefer to wait here for our return? "[/quote:1yvbmr63]

Considering that the Goblin might actually be the only one of his tribe escaping her purposes if the offer to him is how it sounds, she hesitates to respond, sightly irritated by the matter, but then comes that clicking-accented voice again, "S'rikik will stay, make sure those deeper in do not follow. No good, if they follow you in force, for revenge. A Hive must work as one, even when apart."
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Irae chuckles softly at you wink, then turn attention to the goblin speaking in goblin gets answers, not just about the human but also the horde below. Nods at S'rikik's reply with a smile for her. (Drow) "It is best we work as a team I think. S'rikik will stay here to protect our backs as we return the Rivven. I know which farm to go to now." (Common) "I will leave our friend with you to live as long as you desire or need" (Goblin) "Those two sleep use if you have that much of a need as well." (Common) I think it is agreed that you will stay here until we return, so that so the hive will be rejoined. The coin of these you may have without us claiming any part of it."

Looks for agreement from the ladies (Common) "After we return the hive has a camp near here that all can be one."
Irae'xyra Hun'und
Maid
Maid

Irae cradles the girl carefully.
S'rikik (common): "We will return quickly and help you with the rest of the Goblins. But forgive me if I don't stick around to see what happens after.
Amil (Drow): After you, my dear." Irae steps aside to let Amil go first, following him to the farm where the Goblins had taken the girl from.
Once there, Irae looks for the girl's parents, explaining what transpired in the cave. Feeling it best to leave out the parts involving S'rikik. Irae did't want to alarm the farmers unnessecerily.
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

((Er saw that Ogrim visited after last post, I infer decided not to post . ))

As requested indeed lead you to the farm and watched as you spoke with the farmer with ease, maybe the red hair helped. As it tended to be Drow are more feared then goblins or orcs. Amil doing the leading to the farm applied some make up to appear more like a surface elf, pale in complexion. Speaks to the farmer (Common) "My cousin has told you much, but one thing you need to know is your daughter was effected by a magical sleep. For now it should not matter, however if she does not wake by morning you must shock her to wake. Water on forehead sometimes works and is kindest, loud noise next best, slapping should work. If non of those work by the time sun half high a healer might be required. Here are a few coins to pay for a hearer if needed." Offers a pouch of coins. "My cousin and I are dedicated to removing dangers from this area. While we can not do all we both are friends to you and your community. May peace be with you as we depart."

While the farmer is caring his child and looking into the pouch walks away leading back to the caves and S'rikik (Drow) "You have said you were always of the surface. Might I know where it was that there was no fear of you? Starts as walking to remove the makeup. "The bounty on Drow is a platinum, though your red hair might have saved you." Leads the way back to the tunnels. "Our friend might have had her way with three. This though can be a concern. S'rikik clearly has a fiendish pack of some kind, Priestess though perhaps we can offer a better deal on the offer the longer life though the blessings of Lady Silverhair. If not that at least find and deal with the Evil served. S'rikik's way is not our way, however if she and her children can follow the Dark Maiden it will be to the good I would think."

Nears the cave again.

((Will wait for Ogrim to post or indicate will not post before I post in this play again.))