Cleric Errant (i.e.: new player)

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Re: Cleric Errant (i.e.: new player)

Post by Bhaern Quel »

((Blood thirsty are you? ))

"Xas, Priestess, there are more about 400 down below. I think that might be too many for us. The way to reduce is a band at a time as they surface until down to at least 20, a months worth of work should we survive. The reward for the heads is one silver if the Riven will believe you killed them within a day's travel. My interest is not in silver, though will take a coin from them from time to time. Going after the 5 on the surface though makes sense. It will be a few days before the tribe is told about what has happened here if we get all five. Time that will permit you to heal and ready for the next band that would be sent here. If one of the 5 escape us, of course a new band will be sent sooner."

His eyes study you for a moment.

"Do you need bandages for your cuts? How do you say about my offer and plan?
Irae'xyra Hun'und
Maid
Maid

Post by Irae'xyra Hun'und »

((Highly frustrated. You know what they say, fight or...well, you know))

Irae nodded as Amil explain there were 400 more below. Casting a minor healing spell on herself she spoke her agreement. "Aye. Taking on the ones below will likely mean our deaths. I agree we should take out the five on the surface and then head back to town."
Irae readies her sword and begins the assent back towards the cave entrance.
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Will filled female, about what to expect he thinks to himself as he follows her back to the surface. With bow at half ready follows the priestess.

"It will be important to get all 5 so that none report to the tribe.. As such I propose we wait near the entrance for when they return. It though is a hard choice to make, they might being raiding right now causing harm. The trade off is if we go too far from the cave we might not find them."

Shortly up the passage,on the return indicates to pockets on the side of the tunnel. "This was where the two guards came from, you did not see them in your rush for blood. Had you come slower they might have killed you quick, though most likely would have tried to disarm you and take you alive to be a slave."

Reaching the surface once again looks over the lands for signs of the small raiding party and awaits your choice.
Irae'xyra Hun'und
Maid
Maid

Irae shutters at the idea of being a slave to those Goblins. The idea of being a slave to anything or anyone was not appealing.
She moved up the cavern carefully, vigilently. "Aye, Amil, waiting in one of the pockets is a sound plan." She slipped inside one close to the entrance, quietly setting down the sack and weapons, and readied her sword.
Irae looks Amil over for the first time and notes the bow and crossbow. "You a ranger, friend?"
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

"Nay Priestess, I am a mere bard. Though have studied some fighting and other things. Do you speak goblin? When they come back if less then 5 we must make sure one is alive to question, to find out what happened to any missing."

He folds into another pocket and appears to disappear from sight.
Irae'xyra Hun'und
Maid
Maid

"Alas, I do not. Having been raised on the surface, I was never taught and never felt the need to learn."
Irae watched Amil disappear into the shadows of the opposing pocket and shivered slightly. It reminded her of the stories she had been told of the Drow of the Underdark. There was a kind of twisted appeal to the thought, but she dismissed it. ( :devil: ) While she knew bards were not exactly helpless, Irae began to wonder of Amil was being honest with her about his profession.
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Whispered from the darkness. "I will give then the all clear when they come. For now we wait."

Some time passes and you hear the sounds of someone entering the tunnel, also the sounds of crying.

(In goblin) It is called out "We come with a prize. Is all well?" From a lower position then when Amil spoke to you comes the answer "All is well, except the firewood went out, the cow we got is rare. Come ahead."

Soon both see 6 figures moving down the tunnel, one clearly being dragged and crying. As they start to pass between the two. ((goblin) "Die" (Drow) "Now" Two nearest Amil fall, and he steps out with his sword to attack the third.

((Am muliclass, just not quite sure what mix will be in the end, however is Bard indeed. ))
Irae'xyra Hun'und
Maid
Maid

Irae jumped out of her hiding spot and brought the tip of her katana to the last Goblin's throat, pressing it enough to make the creature think twice about moving or screaming. She pressed the index finger of her free hand to her lips, to enforce the idea the Goblin should be quiet.
As she waited for Amil to finish the other Goblin off, she quickly scanned who or what had been screaming when they entered the cave.
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

The goblin dies easy, the surprise was a clear advantage. As you hold the one captive, you eyes see the captive. A female human, in chains. Noticing your glace to her. "That is the prize they spoke of. A farmer I believe, not much reward for her rescue, maybe a meal and some friends? Searches the dead for a key, soon finding it unlocks the girl. (Common) "It is alright, we will take you home you are safe now."
Ogrim
Maid
Maid

Post by Ogrim »

Long has the road been lonely, a lone scout and seeker of a new way for her race to live, and perhaps coexist with the more 'civilized' races, S'rikik, a Tirbana Spawner is drawn to the cave entrance from whence echoes the sounds of conflict and commotion below. A brief chittering of her click-accented voice, utters her approximation of a sigh. The smell of filthy little goblins is obvious, and before venturing further, she dons her many-layered arrangement of concealing clothes, serving to obscure the shape of her body almost entirely, leaving only slightly hunched posture, and the semblance of a slightly portly belly beneath all that fabric. Top it off with a theater-style mask, and this ranger, who otherwise looks like some sort of humanoid cockroach, ventures into the cave, proceeding with caution and a pair of scimitars drawn.

Within these underground spaces, the Tirbana is much more at home, occasionally her voice raises, with clicking noises accenting harsh syllables, whilst speaking in Goblin, trying to call any goblins that may be in hiding, out of it, with promises, however false, of protection.

[align=center:3hbekxrx]((Creature on the left is a Tirbana Spawner. Pic is kinda small, so you may need to magnify to see it clearly.))[/align:3hbekxrx]
[img=center:3hbekxrx]http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/MM5_G ... 106342.jpg[/img:3hbekxrx]
Irae'xyra Hun'und
Maid
Maid

Irae turns to the clicking sounds, almost forgetting about the Goblin for a second. She whispers to Amil: "Do you hear that?"
She's unsure of what to do, but decides it's better if one of them goes back into hiding for now. "You seem a capable bard." She whispered. "I'll take the Goblin and female and hide in the pocket again." Irae quickly grabs the chains that were on the female and shackles the Goblin, then helps the girl to her feet, taking them both with her into the pocket to await the new arrival.
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Irae (Drow hand) Hopes you know it. "Will draw passed you. kill goblin if he any problem"

Whisper (Common) "Go with friend, when she heads out. Be silent."

S'rikik (Goblin) "Come ahead friend. Some humans causing problems. Aid is needed." Clashes his sword against his dagger and retreats downward to draw the goblin friend deeper in, making sounds of combat. Adds a few yells and curses in both common and goblin.
Irae'xyra Hun'und
Maid
Maid

Irae signs to Amil that she understands and takes the shackles, twisting the middle section around her hand once, for a better grip. Irae looks over the female andtries to give her a reassuring look. As she waits with them both for the Tribana to pass, Irae casts Detect Evil in the direction of the incoming stranger.

((OOC: is the female human and about how old does she look?))
Ogrim
Maid
Maid

Post by Ogrim »

The approach of the Tirbana pauses at the response, finding it odd that a creature as clever as a goblin would charge ahead alone, rather than team up first. However, the hesitation does pass, albeit with a precautionary casting of [b:3as9yhvc]Displacement[/b:3as9yhvc]. As she nears the ambush there's a split-second squeeze on the hilts of her scimitars, and yet she continues into it as though wholly unaware. In truth, her compound violet eyes allow for vision in all directions at once.

The spell to detect evil however, will pick out an aura of an evil spell of overwhelming intensity, and yet the creature itself yields no evil presence at all. This time S'rikik, hidden under generous clothing to only betray that she is a humanoid of no specific variety, speaks up with that clicking-accented voice, still in goblin, "So like Drow, liars and cowards to the end. Hiding behind prey, and luring the predator into ambush."
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

The problem with first contact without a plan or really a leader in charge is that plans are made at the spur of the moment. Irae deciding to hide with the human female of about 17 years of age leaving Amil to either charge the friend of goblin or draw him passed Irae. The efforts decided on was one to indicate humans were forcing their way into the tunnels. The four dead goblins clearly could add to that image, however no bodies of humans. A few minutes of retreating from the humans might not be believed, just the best plan of the moment to try to get the human out safely.
The sounds of battle been less as sounds of combat decrease. Stopping when reaching the room that the band was first attacked.

(Common) "Kill them and cut off their heads" Lighting a torch and adding wood to the fire, places the torch near the entrance so that if followed the friend of goblins will be between two lights. Hides in a shadow with bow ready. Hears the words spoken and waits.

((OOC: Not sure how IC would know is Drow, even if using scent, there clearly is human and goblin scent in turnel ))