[CAMPAIGN] The treasure of the Frost Lord

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Lance
Maid
Maid

Post by Lance »

Adjusting the course slightly Lance pushes down a lever on the side of the steering wheel. With a satisfying *click* the wheel locks in place.
"So, we are right on course. Judging from the wind and distance we will reach the Spine of the World in aproximately three days if nothing goes wrong".
Rajiek smirks.
"What makes you think that?"
Lance looks at Rajiek.
"Are you being sarcastic with me?"
"Me? Never. The ship worked so [i:23idxsed]well[/i:23idxsed] last time"
Lance grins and Rajiek.
"By the seven heavens, Rajiek! I can't control weather. That storm caught me by suprise and we survived, didn't we?"
"Barely"
"At least we survived, it will be fine"

OOC: Now everyone is free to roleplay private schemes, divine messages and anything similar. As soon as everyone is ready we will move on.
Muttering something Rajiek goes below decks to make a drink.
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

Post by Unen_Stealthfoot »

[color=indigo:185d22rn]*Sarafin rolls out a blanket which is covered in runes and the like, and then sits down on the blanket, begins to rest and pray quietly*[/color:185d22rn]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Journey before destination
Lance
Maid
Maid

Post by Lance »

OOC: In case no one wants to do anything I will move forward in time a bit, is that ok for you or does anyone have something you'd like to do?
Velve
Regular

Post by Velve »

OOC: Fine by me. Liera is not going to do much for a few hours at least, unless approached. And I assume there will be something before they arive, so it won't be as if they have done nothing for 3 days.
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

[color=indigo:30duit0t]OOC:fine by me too.[/color:30duit0t]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Lance
Maid
Maid

Post by Lance »

OOC: Sorry for the delay, guys, but I found myself overwhelmed with, well...christmas but now I'm back again, ho-hum:

Two quiet days passes. Rajiek's pessimism shows ungrounded as the Dragonflier moves with good speed. At the second day the airship reaches the coastline outside Waterdeep. The sun moves across the sky and at midday Lance begins to show a certain unease and repeatedly gazes with his spyglass towards the eastern horizon. When the evening approaches it is evident why, a shape can be clearly seen following the airship but it cannot yet be discerned. Lance rapidly gathers everyone at deck.

"My friends" he begins "my fears has been confirmed, after passing the sword mountains north of Amn we have been followed. I do not know who or what that is" he motions at the shape "but I do not enjoy being stalked. Now, does anyone know what possibly could be following us and why? This isn't necessarily related to the treasure. It could just as well be one, or all, of us that attracts the pursuers"
Velve
Regular

Post by Velve »

Liera frowns faintly into the distance, her hair now tied into a high pony tail with deep blue cloth, a few wisps of hair escaping to hang loosely to frame her face. Her clothing seems slightly more casual, yet somehow just as battle-ready, her cloak gone, and a few alterations, however what she had changed is somewhat hard to pick beyond more blueish hues.

"I have no foes I know of that would track me down at such lengths... here, at least..." She states in a cautious tone, turning back to Lance and the others.

"But in any case, I would like to see them try and stop us." The last said with a small, wicked grin coming to her face, which shows her sharp canine teeth clearly, and for a moment she truly looks fearsome.
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

OOC: Damnit I've tried to reply twice now but every time I try it crashes. Well here goes my third attempt. Oh and what do I see?

IC: Sitting under his canopy Merinid has been meditating and reading from the holy texts of Eilistraee most of the voyage. After feeding and grooming his mouse Merinid puts it back in its cage and reaches into his over-sized pack. Pulling out a roll of cloth he unrolls it to show that it holds a selection of tools sized to his unique size. "I make a lot of bad people unhappy. Could be any of them." Selecting a brass tube with glass at each end he puts it to his eye. On the side is a plaque reading "Jansen Macro-Vision Mono-Ocular Enhancer." and another saying "This way up."
Titles:

Master of the Lady's Dances
Recoverer of the Tome of Moonlight
Scribe of the Dark Maiden's Temple

High Priest of the Church of Rooky :D
Lance
Maid
Maid

Post by Lance »

As Lance tries to study the approaching ship trough his spyglass Rajiek frowns at him.
"You know what I said, Lance. You always seem to attract trouble an now Mask know what is heading straight at us!"
"Relax, Rajiek" Lance replies "we don't even know if they're hostile yet"
Rajiek starts muttering angrily and pace around on the deck.
"To begin with" Lance starts "we should change course to open sea so that we won't endanger any innocents. If there will be a battle one ship is likely to get blown up and I certainly wouldn't want the Dragonflier to smash into a city if it goes bad. Any other suggestions?"
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

[color=indigo:2riz2i0k]Sarafin: "Crashing into the water is better?"[/color:2riz2i0k]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Lance
Maid
Maid

Post by Lance »

"Well, IF we crash we will not hurt anyone. If we smash into a city we will probably hurt innocents and of course there is a slightly higher chance of survival if we crash in the sea, this IS a ship after all"
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

[color=indigo:2ehip1pb]Serafin: *looks dubious* "Well, if you say so, but I never learned to swim."[/color:2ehip1pb]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

OOC: What did Merinid see through the spyglass?

IC: "I float well." Merinid says. "Small ones use me as a raft?"
Titles:

Master of the Lady's Dances
Recoverer of the Tome of Moonlight
Scribe of the Dark Maiden's Temple

High Priest of the Church of Rooky :D
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

[color=indigo:1i3jcb8y]Serafin: *still looks dubious, then perks up* I've seen one of those before... in the hall of wonders in Baldur's Gate... a farseer, right? It let's you see long distances? *realizes what she is saying* By the way, what [i:1i3jcb8y]do[/i:1i3jcb8y] you see through that?[/color:1i3jcb8y]
Life before death
Strength before weakness