The Sunstone Mask

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

Selvik turns to face a group of the imps flying near the ceiling and casts a spell at them. Tentacles of spiders' web thrash out of the ceiling and entangle two of them against it. "Two for the pot." He says to Akordia in jest as he turns around to assist her and Devante in getting up.
Titles:

Master of the Lady's Dances
Recoverer of the Tome of Moonlight
Scribe of the Dark Maiden's Temple

High Priest of the Church of Rooky :D
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

[color=darkred:2fwhld3w]To everyone: The dwarven woman who ran out of the kitchen drags out several large cages.
[t:2fwhld3w]"Put them in here!" She shouts, and then scoops up a fallen pot and swings, cracking it neatly upon one of the drunken imps, causing it to drop immediatley.She shoves it in the cage and ferociosly turns to face another imp.[/color:2fwhld3w]
[color=brown:2fwhld3w][t:2fwhld3w]Rooky:The liquid poured upon the bar attracts several imps like bees to honey and they swarm to it immediatly, lapping it up like parched dogs before falling over in a dead faint.A few of them don't look alive anymore.[/color:2fwhld3w]
[color=green:2fwhld3w]Zareari:Jasmine appears to be desperately trying to pay attention to your words but the sight and sound of the imps recocheting of of the force shield you have created is to humorous to ignore. Their shrill squeeks cut off abruptly when they hit the shield with a thump, and then slide to the ground.One manages to hit the shield face first, and the sight of the creature's face, distorted in mid squel as it slids in a line of its own slobber down the shield to hit the ground with a thud is to much for Jasmine and she starts laughing hysterically.[/color:2fwhld3w]
[color=darkblue:2fwhld3w]Velve: When Akordia falls on you, she attempts to right herself and manages to grab you in a very intimate location.She blushes and whispers,
[t:2fwhld3w]"Oh , so sorry.."The when you successfully capture the imps, she says,
[t:2fwhld3w]"Good catch, by the way.."
[t:2fwhld3w]And motioons towards the cages the cook brought in.[/color:2fwhld3w]
[color=indigo:2fwhld3w]Tyrmer:After successfully disentangling herself from the young paladin, who she appeared to have gotten a little friendlier with than she had planned, Akordia rushes to grab one of the cages so you and Devante can cage your catch.All the while over there she has to slap and swipe at multiple imps that are trying to nest in herhair. One overly bold imp manages to fly up her skirt.This makes her scream and start hopping around, trying to dislodge the little pervert.[/color:2fwhld3w]
Rooky
Legend
Location: A spooky wood, with man-eating little giant space hampsters

Post by Rooky »

*Rooky looks around to find the cages hels by the dwarven woman. She took three small bottles out of a pocket in her pants and poured it all out into the cages.*
:3
Sabaal
Hero||Heroine

Post by Sabaal »

Lilac: As Rooky takes out the bottle of liqueur and puts it on the table, to attract the Imps and catch them I cover my head with my small buckler while I try to hit them with the side of the blade, not to kill them but to knock them out only.

"I hope that works, Rooky. This beasts are driving me crazy and I really see no use for them anywhere"

Then I turn to Tara "WHY CAN'T WE JUST KILL THEM, IT WOULD BE MUCH EASIER!" I shout as one of the imps bumps with my head and I hit him so strong that I leave it K. O on the floor.

I lift the little unconscious bastard and put it inside the cage that the dwarf brought.

[color=blue:17h9xc4z]Philia: My elven ears are sensitive enough to hear that something is going on in the main room of the tavern.

"Yes, perhaps we should go see" I nod to Jandar and Tebryn and rush up the stairs.

Entering the room the vision I have of imps flying all around the room makes my silver eyes shine brightly in both excitement and hatred with he sight of demons and I let out the lowdest roar a dragon could make and take out my sword.

When one of the imps flyes directly to my face the shield I have attached to my arm seems to get alive and the draconic head with opened jaws literally comes out of the shield with strength, making me lift my arm and it bites the arm of the poor hellish bastard. Hard.

"What the hell...!" I scream in surprise for what the shield just did, but the surprise does not diminish my anger against those monsters.[/color:17h9xc4z]
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

[color=darkred:3nzccil4][t:3nzccil4]Rooky: Several of the imps rush towards the cages , attracted to the scent of the strong liquor. Not overlly bright to begin with they are too drunk to even realize they are heading back towards captivity.[/color:3nzccil4]
[color=brown:3nzccil4]Sabaal:Lilac: With a mighty leap, Tara jumps into the air and catches one of the struggling imps, pops it down on the table like one would do with a fresh caught fish, which knocks it out and she shoves it in the cage.
[t:3nzccil4]"We use them to run out annoying guests.Besides, the lady who owns this place likes them, she thinks there cute.No accounting for tastes I suppose."
[t:3nzccil4]Tara pants.[/color:3nzccil4]
[color=indigo:3nzccil4][t:3nzccil4]Philia: Jandar seems to sense your rage, and places a hand on your arm.
[t:3nzccil4]"I sense you have a supreme hatred of these imps, but aside from the fact that they are a nuisance they are not harmful. The mistress of the tavern has breed and raised these ones, and they are not so malicious as they normally are. They are usually.."
[t:3nzccil4]He pauses to swipe at a passing imp, missing it by inches, before continuing.
[t:3nzccil4]"They are usually quite tame, friendly even, but someone has given them alcohol. This renders them uncontrollable."
[t:3nzccil4]tebryn crouches and extends his tail, when an imp passes by, he slaps it hard with the barbed tip, and the creature falls without a sound.
[t:3nzccil4]"Got it!"
[t:3nzccil4]He shouts victorously, and Jandar says,
[t:3nzccil4]"Careful, my friend, though they are of demonic blood and have some immunity to your poison, you could still kill them."
[t:3nzccil4]Tebryn grunts something in a hissing tongue to which Jandar replies,
[t:3nzccil4]"Ah, that they are, but do you really wish to make the mistress sad, you know how she feels about them."
[t:3nzccil4]This seems to sober Tebryn and he scoops up the fallen imp carefully, like a wounded bird and moves to place it gently in one of the cages.[/color:3nzccil4]
Velve
Regular

Post by Velve »

The flush to Devante's pale cheeks had been quite apparent after the tangle ended with unfortunate positioning, which was undoubtedly his reasoning for moving so fast to capture the imps.

Once the dwarven woman had brought out the cages, Devante nods faintly, despite the frown at the mere sight of them. The paladin then moves to the cages, avoiding getting hit by too many imps as some of them dived into the cages, and tries his best to throw his netted imps in as gently as he could. He then turns, scanning the room to see how many remain free.
Last edited by Velve on Mon Jan 01, 2007 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sabaal
Hero||Heroine

Post by Sabaal »

(OOC: Velve, your last post's in page 10 and then Nedylene did answer to you)
Zareari Det'tar
Maid
Maid

Post by Zareari Det'tar »

[quote:2zopb7a4]Zareari:Jasmine appears to be desperately trying to pay attention to your words but the sight and sound of the imps recocheting of of the force shield you have created is to humorous to ignore. Their shrill squeeks cut off abruptly when they hit the shield with a thump, and then slide to the ground.One manages to hit the shield face first, and the sight of the creature's face, distorted in mid squel as it slids in a line of its own slobber down the shield to hit the ground with a thud is to much for Jasmine and she starts laughing hysterically. [/quote:2zopb7a4]

*zareari watches JAsmine laugh for a while, and then joins in, for it was...pretty comical.*
- This is fun...watch this...
*Zareari mumbled some words, and the bottles on alchol on the shelves started to move. Theire caps were gone, and they were turned upside down. The liquid spilled itself all over the ground, right in the centre of the bar.*
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

[t:2ihboeu9]The door leading upstairs swings open and a drow woman strides into the imp laden tavern. She is dressed in a white gown that empathizes rather than hides her curves .Her eyes glow with a strange light and she raises her hands to the sky and claps them three times. The few remaining imps that have not been caged drop to the ground and scurry to her, swarming about her feet in a flurry of little winged bodies.
She crouches to the ground , stroking and croning to the hideous things as though they were puppies instead.
[t:2ihboeu9]She gets up and moves towards the cages, her steps as smooth and serene as flowing water.She opens one of the cages and speaks softly to the imps in infernal, and the remainder of the uncaged imps scurry back into their cage as docily as dogs.
[t:2ihboeu9]The dwarven woman nods to her and starts to gather the cages to take them back into the kitchen.
[t:2ihboeu9]The drow woman in white looks about and sees the three imps that died and moves towards them, standing above one, she kneels down and touches it softly.
[t:2ihboeu9]She says nothing, but her face is teribly sad.Jandar steps away from Philia and leans down beside the drow woman and takes her into his arms , pressing her face into his chest and strokes her hair.
[t:2ihboeu9]"I am sorry, my lady,"
[t:2ihboeu9]He says softly. His manner towards her is akin to worship, an expression that seems to rest on the countenance of all of the inns employees, who simply stand now, quiet, some with their heads bowed.Jandar continues,
[t:2ihboeu9]"Someone gave them alcohol. We will get to the bottom of this , my lady."
[t:2ihboeu9]The beautiful drow woman moves away from Jandar, and strokes his cheek with her hand, giving him a smile made of light itself.Jandar shivers and closes his eyes at her touch, and she gets up.
[t:2ihboeu9]The drow woman picks up the bodies of the dead imps as carefully as she would a childs and starts to move back towards the door leading upstairs.
[t:2ihboeu9]She stops by the stairs , turning to look back at the tavern. She speaks then, in a voice more akin to music , a voice that fills the room though it seems more a whisper,
[t:2ihboeu9]"I must beg apology for the damage my pets have caused. Drinks and meals shall be on the house tonight. If any of your equipment has been damaged please send me a bill for the repairs, and I shall see you compensated. Pray, enjoy the remainder of your evening."
[t:2ihboeu9]Though her body scarce seems to move at all, she turns to head back up the stairs. Her long white flowing curls seem to move in synch with her gown, swirling like white water as she moves softly up the stairs and disapears.
Sabaal
Hero||Heroine

Post by Sabaal »

Lilac: "You're right" I answer "no account for tastes. They're hideous, but if she likes them then no killing" I say as I grab one of the imps by the wings and knock it out.

"Rooky, how is your trap going?" I say as I put the imp in one of the cages, and as the drow lady comes in the room I see her with the dead imps and sigh, then I look at the dwarf woman.

"Can I go to the kitchen? perhaps whoever gave them the alcohol left clues. If I'm right perhaps Rooky has a better sense of smell."

[color=blue:3lzabb9k]Philia: "Not of Imps specifically, but of demons in general, Jandar. Long story, though" I say to Jandar when he asks about my hatred for Imps "but if you say thy're harmless and the owner of the place likes them... I don't want problems with the owner" I put away my sword and breathe deeply to calm down and keep hitting Imps with my hands.

Although I can't understand their affection to imps and I'm a bit hard in hitting them, but carefull not to kill those horrid creatures.

When the lady comes in and goes to see the dead imps and Jandar goes to hold her I see his expression and smile "That's why he doesn't want to leave this place, right, Tebryn?" I shrug "Well, perhaps both of you have the same reason, am I right?" I say, looking into his eyes while the lady goes back upstairs.[/color:3lzabb9k]
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

[color=darkred:3hs4eh48][t:3hs4eh48]Sabaal ; Lilac: Tara watches the drow lady quietly when she comes downstairs , her head down as if, it seems in submissiveness. When the drow lady leaves her head shoots back up and she smiles at your question about going into the kitchen,
[t:3hs4eh48]"Best let Old lady Helga ," She points to the dwarven cook,
[t:3hs4eh48]"Finish putting the imps away, and get calmed down. She is a beast about people going into the kitchens as it is, if we go in now, we are like to be decapitated by a meat cleaver, and I personally like me head where it is."[/color:3hs4eh48]

[t:3hs4eh48]Philia: Even after the drow lady leaves, Jandar still stands quietly, watching her depart. At your question, Tebryn straightens a bit , and the respectful bow of his head goes back up so he can flash his customary roguish grin when he speaks to you,
[t:3hs4eh48]"The Lady is..one to respect, and admire. It is.. difficult to explain."
Rooky
Legend
Location: A spooky wood, with man-eating little giant space hampsters

Post by Rooky »

*Rooky sigs with relief, for she did not really plan to sniff other peoples scent's...*
Look elf...I know oyu want to help them solve all of this, but leave me out of it alright? I once tried to find somebody using the scent they left...Ended up swimming through the sewers...Got bit by a dog too...*She finishes shaking her head, and gulping down the last few drop's of the bottled alcohol*

OOC: Nedylene you forgot Zareari
:3
Khali
Maid
Maid

Re: The Sunstone Mask

Post by Khali »

[quote="Nedylene":316n1y5b][img:316n1y5b]http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i307/ ... nstone.jpg[/img:316n1y5b][/quote:316n1y5b]

A woman quietly slips unnoticed inside The Sunstone Mask and walks over to the bar. Though dressed in a modest navy blue sari, her appearance is somewhat wild and untamed. Her eyes are large and wide open, set within silvery white long-lashes like the color of her hair. Her eyes wide open, loom leisurly about the room. They seem composed of distinctly separate hues of red, all radiating out from the pupils in dark-edged little arrows, slivers, and spears, with an occasional fleck of crimson reflecting underneath her upswept hair which is tousled and thickly bound at the crown of her head. Long curls frame her shoulders, dangling along her back. She waits for the barkeep and askes to speak with the lady who owns the place.
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

///I had a brain fart as to how to reply to Zareari after having moved the thread forward as I did..please go ahead and post again Zareari, I wasnt ignoring you//

[t:37ke0g3c]The bartender looks at the new arrival,and welcomes her then nods and calls forward a man, a half orc from appearances, but dressed and smelling far more pleasant than most of his kin.
[t:37ke0g3c]The bartender says to the half orc,
[t:37ke0g3c]"Could you ask The Lady if she is taking visitors?"
[t:37ke0g3c]The half orc nods and leaves through a door leading upstairs, and the bartender turns to you to say,
[t:37ke0g3c]"He will return shortly, in the meantime, can I get you a drink or a meal?"
Khali
Maid
Maid

Post by Khali »

She leans a bit closer, joining her hands together in a steeple and resting them on the bar in front of her. As she answers the barkeep, an air of authority lingers upon her voice though it is gentle and calming to the ear. Her crimson eyes sparkle naturally in the light.

[color=darkblue:24lxadmh]You may. I'll have the best of what you have to offer, nothing less.[/color:24lxadmh]

Her eyes dance along with the movements of the barkeep as she awaits the return of the half orc.