The Sunstone Mask

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

[color=darkred:2sqkssp4]Ceistant:Akordia turns to speak to the man who has approached her,
[t:2sqkssp4]"Vendui'..Ol zhah bwael ulu telanth wun ilythiiri 'sohna.Ori'gato uns'aa kyorl l'velve."[/color:2sqkssp4]
[color=green:2sqkssp4]Velve: As Ceistant gets up to go to the bar, Kosef says,
[t:2sqkssp4]"This should be interesting, a search for a lost blade, in the remembrance of family.Something the bards would sing about.What say you, Devante?Should we join him at the bar?"[/color:2sqkssp4][color=orange:2sqkssp4]Zareari:Jasmine claps her hands excitedly,
[t:2sqkssp4]"Oh this is wonderful.Though I would hardly know what to do if i actually did find my father, the search has been, well, fascinating."[/color:2sqkssp4][color=darkblue:2sqkssp4]Sabaal:Philia:Jandar laughs softly at the misinterpretation and says to you softly in draconic,
[t:2sqkssp4]"Tagoa Vucoti sia thurirl al, vur jaci ui...persvek vi myar heeth ditronw jaka.Jaci shilta maurg mrith lauth wux vucot, ukt seed ui kylara ekess lastu.Shar Si clax wux vhir, ihk Si ornla jous wux creolnali."
[t:2sqkssp4]Then goes to lead you downstairs, a silent tebryn at your wake.[/color:2sqkssp4]
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

OOC: Is the blade magical?

IC: "Well it goes something like..." Selvik turns to observe the man who has walked up and greets him. "Welcome."

The man may notice that he doesn't actually move his lips. He listens astutely to the man and looks interested in the blade. "May I inspect it more closely?"
Titles:

Master of the Lady's Dances
Recoverer of the Tome of Moonlight
Scribe of the Dark Maiden's Temple

High Priest of the Church of Rooky :D
Sabaal
Hero||Heroine

Post by Sabaal »

[color=blue:3nsnjxty]Philia: As Jandar talks to me saying he also wants to show me something I smile at him, with my silver eyes wide opened.

"Al, ui ti hefoc Si chiili ti tuor ekess tepoha somati, shar coi shilta shivi... Awww! wux tepoha vi lakinae ihk ve? svanoa nhee! Boja origato's gethrisj vur Si jous wux svabol Si tuor ekess jous lae al"

I turn to look at Tebryn "Yth shilta chiili batobot gajak, axun?" I talk to him in a silky voice, letting him know my intentions but firm in the "later" part.

As we get to the basement I look at both of them and then to the floor.

"I never did this with public before, you know?I'm a little nervous" I breathe deeply a couple of times and then it starts.

Even when we're in the basement of a building, dark clouds start to form above me, and the wind starts to blow, playing with the hair of all of the presents. Chaotically at first, but then rain starts to fall and the wind starts blowing only around me, like a not too soft force twister, surounding me, lifting my body in the air and my hair and my cape, then my legs start to transform and they take a silver colour and now look they like the rear legs of my draconic form. The transformation goes up fast and for the moment I put my feet on the ground again my back has huge silver wings, my hands are now claws and in my head my red mane has transformed into a magnificent silver crest, from my forehead come out my pair of horns and in my draconic form I let out a lowd roar, like a release of energy. Once the transformation is done they have a beautifull, magnificent joung adult female of silver dragon in front of them.

My colour so pure that it looks as if I was sculpted in pure silver.

I look at them both and now yes, my eyes do look like real mercury pools, full of light, passion and life.

"So... what do you think? please don't runnaway and don't try to kill me" and I look at them both, especially at Tebryn "Chiili wux still tuor ekess tepoha somati mrith ve, Tebryn?" and I wait for their answers and/or reactions.

(OOC: Philia doesn't control the weather; that weather change is paraphernalia that she doesn't control so is up to you if it stops or not. Sometimes she has started storms with this.)[/color:3nsnjxty]
Ceistant
Maid
Maid

Post by Ceistant »

OOC: Yes it is

Chal’lochar-gloth’s eyes flush slightly as if he were blushing inwardly, [color=blue:1c8m692v]“Ol uriu tlus ji verve yol Usstan inbal nym'uerus ilythiiri telanth xuil folt ouvalyrin. Usstan tlun Chal'lochar-gloth, lu'nindol[/color:1c8m692v].. pausing to note the blade he holds.. [color=blue:1c8m692v]zhah L'Dalninil Niec’il[/color:1c8m692v]”

Pardoning himself again to the woman’s guest, “Again I apologize for the intrusion”

Laying the rest of the wrapped swords on the bar, he lets “Niec’il” slide from the bundle. Still resting in the scabbard, he pushes his thumb against the hilt letting its polished silvered blade show slightly, coldly illuminating his hand in dim misty glow.

You would almost think he was smiling as his eyes see the bare blade, if it wasn’t for his tightened jaw.

“[color=blue:1c8m692v]L'velve ialyse pholor dos wenress.[/color:1c8m692v] It has been ages since I have seen her so affectionate.”

Leveling the hilt toward Akordia, offering her to hold blade, “Of my possessions, this is one of my most cherished. It belonged to my mother, and entrusted to me by my sister. If there were anyway you could help me in my search, I would be grateful.”
Last edited by Ceistant on Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mend the broken blade of my Father.. to
Recover the lost blade of my Sister.. by
Honoring the silver blade of my Mother.. so
I may Forge my own..
Velve
Regular

Post by Velve »

Devante nods as he stands, the sound of clanking plates accompanying his movements. "I see no possible harm in it," he speaks with a smile, "Yes, lets." With that he strolls over to the table with the two drow, and the... whatever the other one was. He makes a small bow upon reaching the table, to the people there in general. "I hope we aren't intruding too much? It simply seemed such an intriguing sword, and story, which follows it.."
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

"No, no you are not intruding. Why, it seems like our game of riddles is started anew Lady Akordia." There is a twinkle of blue in his deep set eyes as he reattaches his veil. "I take it from the way you describe it, it is a blade possessed of an Ego, or mind of its own. Interesting, I haven't seen one for a long time. I tend to see your garden variety magic swords these days. Every "hero" seesm to have one these days.
Titles:

Ceistant
Maid
Maid

Post by Ceistant »

"I wouldn't say that it is sentient so much as it has a strong 'impressions' of someone on it, or that someone of something worked through it. But the blade itself doe not seem to have any command of its own. Or at least that is what I've been told."

With another slight smile at posterity, " My mother did used to talk to it thought, and come to think of it, only sheathed blade when she didn't want it to be seen or when she was sleeping.", letting a sigh he sets down in the stool nearest him. "In my hands it lays dormant, only on a few of occasions have I seen it so vibrant. The other time that I have seen it react stronger was when", stopping for a moments pause, "Well let us say that someone, who heart was not found worthy, once attempted to take my blades from me. He found that Niec'il, held a shocking surprise for him."

As he looks to the other two weapons, still in their wrappings, "That is one of the reasons I keep the these three in this hide."

The fine purple-black animal pelt having an iridescent velvet sheen to it. Swen to form a long slender pouch with a flapped opening, much like that used by archers to protect bows, just long and wide enough to carry three or four long swords with their scabbards. The long sling, for carrying it over one shoulder, wraps the bundle together.

"It was given with my mother's sword, and was where she would hide it when she needed to. The other blades are of different significants, but just like Niec'il I keep them concealed for the most part. They are not for casual use."
Last edited by Ceistant on Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
I may Forge my own..
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

[color=darkred:21wk9naq]Sabaal:Philia:The basement you have been taken too is very large.More than big enough for you in your draconic form.When you speak to Tebryn he only smiles his fanged , seductive smile and steps back to give you room for your change.You notice when you change they seem immune to the typical dragon fear that your form normally invokes.The boxes and barrels stored in the basement blow about at the power you invoke, but Jandar merely raises a hand and the storm stops.He smiles at you and says,
[t:21wk9naq]"Kii jalla yth qe stre svadrav sia thurirl vucota ve al, Si voran telanth batobot wux re zyak zi vorel, lotha ir.Unboi spical qualla, vur sia lakinae Si nishka jous wux."
[t:21wk9naq]Then he steps away from you to the farthest corner of the room.He closes his eyes and you hear a loud cracking noise, as he bends to the floor.His eyes flash open , the pale blue having turned to bright molten gold.The gold of his eyes seems to leak to the rest of his form, as a golden halo surrounds his body.The light it resonates is so bright you have to turn away.When it finally dims you can feel a great heat pressed against you, like you stand in front of a bonfire.But when you look you can see it is no bonfire , but a great gold dragon, older than you and so large he must press against you to have room in the basement.He goes to flex his wings and grunts uncomfortably when they strike agianst the ceiling of the basement causing a loud thump that reverberates through the tavern.You hear a moan from somewhere below the two of you and hear tebryn curse,
[t:21wk9naq]"get your infernal tail off me you great lug!"
[t:21wk9naq]Jandar smiles a toothy grin, and raises his tail off of his ellithyri friend, who promptly climbs on top of it to keep from being crushed again.Then Jandar looks at you, his glowing golden eyes like pools of lava, waiting for your reaction.[/color:21wk9naq]
[color=darkblue:21wk9naq]Ceistant:Akordia takes the blade and says ,
[t:21wk9naq]L'velve zhaun uns'aa...nindol 'udtila ussta xukuth bwael ulu kyorl nindel d'elezz Usstan detholus naut l'menvis d'yathrin Eilistraee ialyse pholor uns'aa k'jakr."
[t:21wk9naq]Then she speaks in common so Devante can understand her,
[t:21wk9naq]"It seems my companion is just as interested as we are, so you are most certainly not entruding.This is a divine blade, made in the image of Eilistraee's own moonblade, and intrusted only to her most favored followers.Your mother was obviously a chosen.You would need to speak to a priestess of eilistraee to learn more and I am afraid a priestess i am not, though I have recieved enough of the training to at least recognize what this blade is.But I know of the places my sisters gather, and I can lead you there.For a ceremony will be commencing soon, and I have already requested leave to go .If your heart is pure, and I know it must be, for if it were not you would not be able to handle this blade, then I shall take you to the sisters and they will find answers to your questions."
[t:21wk9naq]Just as she finishes speaking a loud thump sounds from the floor and the whole tavern shakes a bit.
[t:21wk9naq]"What was that?"
[t:21wk9naq]Akordia says.[/color:21wk9naq]
Rooky
Legend
Location: A spooky wood, with man-eating little giant space hampsters

Post by Rooky »

[quote:wke0sann]Lilac: As Rooky tells her story I can't help it but think on that game where you have to stomp with a hammer on the frogs or whatever comes out from the ground, and I laugh, making a picture of her story in my mind.

"I would have liked to see that! Goblin stomping. I should try it some time! Who are Jandar and Tebryn?" I ask Tara while I stretch some.

"I'm tired... Tara and Rooky, would you mind if I go to rest now? I've been travelling all day long and I'm really tired. We can continue talking and drinking tomorrow if you want. I'm planning to stay here for a while before I start wandering through the world again"[/quote:wke0sann]

*Rooky's eyes shift attention from Tara to Lilac. As Lilac finished, Rooky tilted her head a bit to the side.* How long you plan on staying here? I'm leaving in a week for Icewind Dale. Me grandmother lives near Targos, and I need to go and see her. Where you going?
Last edited by Rooky on Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:3
Zareari Det'tar
Maid
Maid

Post by Zareari Det'tar »

[quote:ipaoufbd]Zareari:Jasmine claps her hands excitedly,
"Oh this is wonderful.Though I would hardly know what to do if i actually did find my father, the search has been, well, fascinating. [/quote:ipaoufbd]

Oh, how so?
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

OOC: Sorry if anyone was waiting for me to post, I din't realise you were (if you were, savvy).

IC: Selvik looks around. "I know not Lady Akordia, were not spells forbidden here I would conjure my familiar to find out. But alas I have a proverbial hand tied behind my back."
Titles:

Ceistant
Maid
Maid

Post by Ceistant »

OOC: Np Tyrmer, I was just pausing to let anyone who was interested chime in. Not wanting to dominate the scene.

IC: At the sudden disturbance Chal’lochar-gloth places one hand on the bundle at the bar and slowly looks around the tavern, panning slowly to survey other guests.

"I don't recall there being storms on the wind when I arrived, and I take it by your response this is could be of concern."

Shifting his posture slightly to let his feet rest on the floor, he turns his attention back to Akordia and Niec'il.

"It be an honor to meet with your sisters and I would gladly return a favor to them, and yourself, for the assistance."
I may Forge my own..
Sabaal
Hero||Heroine

Post by Sabaal »

Lilac: As Rooky asks me how long will I stay here and if I have to go somewhere I smile at her.

"Actually I have no destination here for now, nither do I know for how long will I stay here. I'm travelling this land in search of a cause where my sword could be usefull. If you want me to acompany you to see your grandmother It would give me the chance to know more of this land."

Then, after Rooky answers to me, I look at tara again "Actually I think I remember a funny story if you want to listen, but it will be something we can leave for tomorrow evening, yes?"

and when the tavern shakes my hand grabs the hilt of my sword, by instinct and I look around.

"What was that?"

[color=blue:2i306s4s]Philia: When my transformation is done I stretch my wings as I give space to Jandar and seat in a corner of the room and look at him with attention.

"Whoa! I guess everyone has some paraphernalia to show, lol" I smile, my eyes wide opened as I see what's happening in front of my eyes and close them when the light blinds me and when I open them again to see that great wyrm in front of me my eyes start to water some and I hold him tight untill tebryn complains. I help him to climb and go back to hug Jandar, sobing.

"Oh,I'm sorry. I shouldn't be crying, but the last time I saw a Great Wyrm was the day my father left. Jandar, our race... where I come from..." I say with a crying voice "6 years ago the humans, elves, gnomes, dwarves and humanoids in general started a war against us. They're hunting us for our scales. They make armoury with our skins. They're exterminating us and we're an endangered species. They forced us to live under our alternative shapes. They're killing us without mercy and as far as I know I'm the only silver dragon left in Tigris, starting to loose hope in finding another silver dragon to mate with. We're hopeless" I bury my face under his wing and cry the pain of 6 years of lonelyness right there, without any shame "I was lucky to find some humanoid friends that don't want to kill me," I continue "even if not all the white Knights know who I really am. The only other dragon I know is a gold dragon called Drake, who is also a White Knight like myself, and even when he's a good guy I don't think there can be any brethren between us" I dry my tears with a claw "I'm sorry... I shouldn't cry like this. I'm supposed to be a fighter. I'm supposed to be tough and a killing machine. I'm sorry"

Not able to look directly into his eyes I look at the floor and keep my eyes there while I say to him "We'd better go back to our humanoid forms before someone sees us." I stop sobing and try to gather what's left of my dignity "I'm sorry, tebryn. I didn't want to react like this. Please forget you saw this, ok? could I have some water before we go back up there? I need to wash my face and drink some. I don't want the rest of the people to notice I was... well, crying."[/color:2i306s4s]
Last edited by Sabaal on Sat Dec 09, 2006 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rooky
Legend
Location: A spooky wood, with man-eating little giant space hampsters

Post by Rooky »

[quote:fnk8jy7x]Lilac: As Rooky asks me how long will I stay here and if I have to go somewhere I smile at her.

"Actually I have no destination here for now, nither do I know for how long will I stay here. I'm travelling this land in search of a cause where my sword could be usefull. If you want me to acompany you to see your grandmother It would give me the chance to know more of this land."

Then, after Rooky answers to me, I look at tara again "Actually I think I remember a funny story if you want to listen, but it will be something we can leave for tomorrow evening, yes?"

and when the tavern shakes my hand grabs the hilt of my sword, by instinct and I look around.

"What was that?" [/quote:fnk8jy7x]

*Rooky didn't bother to answer, as the noise distracted her. She pulled out a dagger, and waited. She sniffed the air twice, and put the dagger back, knowing no danger is present*
- Calm down Lilac. It's nothing.
:3
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

[color=darkred:2xxgg1fn]Ceistant:Akordia looks down at the floor where you can hear the slight sounds of voices in the basement.
[t:2xxgg1fn]"Oh ,Jandar is down there.Nothing to be concerned about."
[t:2xxgg1fn]She says turning back to look at the drow male.
[t:2xxgg1fn]"I leave in a few more days.You are welcome to stay here, or simply meet up with me."[/color:2xxgg1fn]