Lurker in the dark

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

CrankyOzzie
Regular

Lurker in the dark

Post by CrankyOzzie »

He slunk from the shadows, peering about warily, eyes glittering in what little light the moon provided. The surface world was trange, alien, hostile. The inhabitants were prone to attack him on sight. He'd killed them, of course. The few that got close enough, at least. He didn't revel in their deaths, nor did he regret them. It was simply something that had to be done, to ensure his own survival. Only one mattered, himself.

A light went on in the house over the muddy street, catching him unawares. In that brief flicker of light, his features were revealed. Ebon skin, pockmarked and scarred, as though he'd been the victim of some vicious, brutal attack. Lank, pale hair hung over his shoulders, matted and dirty. His face was gaunt and thin, like the rest of him.
Hissing to himself quietly, he darted back into the shadows, pale purple eyes staring across the way. Cursing his ill luck, he slunk away form the village warily. He'd not eat this night, again.
I quit smoking with Eilistraee! - Courtesy of http://www.sloganizer.net/en/
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

In an alleyway between two houses, Lumb the beggar stirs between his ragged bed made of sacking pulled together, by a shadow passing him and disturbing the air on the still night. "Gah, miserable raggamuffins." He mutters and turns over to go back to sleep.

As the figure moves past a house a window is thrown open. "Here what ch'ou doin' out here at this time o..." The woman stops. "DROW, MURDER, FIRE, RAIDERS, DROW!!!"
Titles:

Master of the Lady's Dances
Recoverer of the Tome of Moonlight
Scribe of the Dark Maiden's Temple

High Priest of the Church of Rooky :D
Shando
Regular

Post by Shando »

The village nearby Nikati's current camp laid deathly quiet, only the howls of the wind giving her ears anything to amuse themselves with. The cackling fire was not there to illuminate what the dim light of the moon above could not, but to warm the blue hands reaching out to the dancing flames.

The hands reeling from a stray spark threatening to jump onto the exposed skin, moving to remove the hood concealing her features. Elegant, silver locks fell loosely past hunched over shoulders, nearly touching the rotting log whose current position was a temporary seat.

A look of anticipation crossed the drow's face when the village seemingly bursted to life, laterns in multiple households lighting nearly simutaniously. The smile quickly shifted to a worried frown when the cause of the up roar was picked up by the female's sensitive hearing.

"Seems I'll be having company sooner then I anticipated..."
Last edited by Shando on Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
CrankyOzzie
Regular

Post by CrankyOzzie »

Oops! I never even realised people had replied. My aplogies.
Ahem, let's try again.

--------------------------

His breath hissed from between clenched teeth at the woman's outcry, but no other sound was made as he crept away from the village. Silently he cursed himself "Ssussun naut'kyn dos, wael" (Light blind you, fool). Padding away from the village, he saw lights come on in various houses. As he reached the outskirts of the woods, he noticed the flicker of a campfire not far off, and cursed his ill luck again.

Keeping the fire to his right, he slipped farther beneath the trees. Occasionally, slivers of moonlight would break through the leaves, illuminating his scared face. As the sounds of the village drifted off behind him, his gait became easier, though still wary. He glanced back, seeing the spark of light now and then.
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

OOC: About time!

IC: Back in the village the peasantry are gathering in the town square, most in a disarray of dress. All are holding some kind of a weapon or a torch.

"Burn the Drow."

"The Drow killed my brothers and father."

"Right outside my window it was."

"Theyr'e going to poison us all in our sleep."

"Brothers!" Cries a man climbing up to the podium in the square, holding a torch in one hand and a cudgel in another hand. "The devil walks among us! The drow are encroaching on our small community in a bid to wipe us out so they can conquer the surface! Follow me! And let us hunt down this foul foe before it can try again!"

Cries of acceptance rise to meet this man as he punches the air with his fist and the crowd surges foward to carry him berfore them into the forest, eager for blood and shouting out warnings and curses to any drow.

Back in his alley, Lumb gets up and feel around for his rag of a cloak. "Noisy villagers spoilin' ma' beauty sleep." He mutters and wanders off into the forest to see what all the noise is about.

In the trees, the drow can hear the cries of the crowd and see the light of the torches coming through the trees. He will also hear the growling and snarling of dogs, large dogs.
Titles:

CrankyOzzie
Regular

Post by CrankyOzzie »

Silently cursing his luck again, the man picked up his pace, moving as quietly as possible through the woods. He could hear the dogs and the villagers, chasing him. He paused just long enough to ready the hand crossbow, then continued on his way into the woods.

He was in luck, as just ahead was a stream. Wading in, he made his way downstream for a few hundred yards before coming out the other side. That should cause the dogs to lose his trail.
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

Groping his way through the inky blackness of the forest, Lumb mutters to himself continuously; "Bloody villagers, never a moments consideration, some of us have to sleep, need our beauty sleep we do, pah, young'uns." and so on and so forth. He hears the splashing of water on his left and heads towards it. hearing someone emerge from the river he questions into the darkness. "Hello?"
Titles:

Shando
Regular

Post by Shando »

OOC: And here I thought this thread died :P

IC:

The log which once kept herself away from the dirt looming below now acted as a temporary hiding place, concealing her from the eyes of these humans who are hot on the trail of some poor sap. Even without the flicker from the torch, the hatred in their eyes would be apparent by all who set gaze upon them.

Deciding perhaps that her fellow Drow might require abit of assistance, which was something that she did not decide upon often, peeking amber eyes over the decaying slab of wood. Keen sight picking up no trace of the hunters, ears hearing the barks of dogs, but judging from their volume, not in the immeditate area, Nikati made her move from concealment to circling the borders of the forest.

The sound of running water was now within her range of hearing, instincts taking over, silver hair twirling around the drow as she dashed to the nearest tree.

"Why this lake of all places?" a sigh accompanied the less-then-thrilled tone, turning to a gasp when the light of torches were nearly upon her. "My curiosity will be the death of me after all."
Rau Xun'Stra
Maid
Maid

Post by Rau Xun'Stra »

[Accidental double-post.]
Last edited by Rau Xun'Stra on Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rau Xun'Stra
Maid
Maid

Post by Rau Xun'Stra »

"What's this? A mob? Could be fun..." The tiefling chimed out, glancing to her animated partner. With ease she would bring herself up, hiking up the bottom of that robe to wrap her legs around that undead form, her arms curling about its shoulders. "Let us find this....Drow..."

The creature simply gave a slight nod as its large, lumbering form took off, moving swiftly through and past the crowd, bumping through several as bits of bone flecked off from the creaturs hide, its heavy mail rattling with each step. Off they went, the creatures legs grinding themselves to a halt near the waters edge in a sudden motion, leaving the creature to tip over in its overbalanced state, slipping face-first into the mud and water as the Tiefling rolled along over it, spewing curses to herself as she landed in the body of water.. "Oh....You really do deserve your name sometimes Kl'eril khel..."
Life....So mundane it seems to some...Live wisely while you can...for soon, the strong will once again walk this plane in un-death, bidding the will of the Pale Mistress....
CrankyOzzie
Regular

Post by CrankyOzzie »

\\ People are still posting here? Hmm. If I wasn't so damn lazy, I'd make an effort to write up a true character post.