[CAMPAIGN] Buterfly's Finale

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Zakharra
Maid
Maid

[CAMPAIGN] Buterfly's Finale

Post by Zakharra »

I wrote this a few weeks ago in the ALFA library. It was the best way I could think of to lay some of my sorrow to rest about the death of my PC, Inthara Despana. I have never bonded to a character as much as I did with Inthara. She was the soul of love and compassion. Always doing things with her heart and soul. Inthara was a very real part of me and even though she is dead in ALFA, she will live in my soul forever. Two people made playing her a joy and both are members of this forum. Vendrin, as the DM, and Ghennia Tlabbar, as Sheyreiza's player. Read and know the love of a woman and see that in the end, love can conquer all. Read lu' l'amith.

I've added a small bit that wasn't in the ALFA version.

**This is my own thoughts on what I'd like to have happen after Inthara's death and in the far reaches of time, her Heart, Sheyreiza's. I have no idea if it would happen, but since Lolth is very manipulative, She'd give it a thought I think. I thank Mikayla and Vendrin for making Inthara's life such a joy and pleasure to be a part of. For those two, more than anyone else, truely are a part of the character that was and is Inthara Despana. They saw Inthara's birth and were there for her death. I will always treasure in my heart what I had with them and with Inthara.
Aluve' ussta 'chev Inthara. Dos ph' natha aglust d' tlun lu' zuch orn tlu ji. Dro lu' ssinssrigg al ussta Vynnessia.**

Inthara's soul fled from where she'd lived and died. Because she'd slain her son, Inthara fled down to the Demonweb Pits, to Lolth. Pain and agony race along her immaterial limbs as she lands in the Realm of Lolth. A yochlol took the young sorceress in hand and drew her deeper into the Webs. To face Lolth.

Trembling, she was set down before Lolth. Her golden eyes lowered in respect and fear.

[i:2w6s3o17]Look at Me[/i:2w6s3o17]

The power of the voice and it's pure melodic timber made Inthara raise her eyes to look at her Queen. Lolth. The Queen of the Spiders, Mother of Lusts, Queen of the Ilythiiri. The goddess she'd followed because of her love for Sheyreiza. Lolth sat on Her throne. Her dark fell beauty overpowering the young sorceress and filling her soul with a deep chill. This was the goddess of the Drow. Eilistraee was far kinder and infinately more loving, but this goddess that Inthara knelt before .. She was power and grace. Everything that the Ilythiiri aspired to be. Strong, beautiful, cruel, given overwhelming grace and seduction perdonified. No Ilythiiri would or could ever aspire to be more than Lolth. Her malevolent crimson gaze held Inthara motionless as the goddess purused thru her memories and soul. Leaving nothing unlooked at or unseen.

A faint smile curved her lips as she looks down at the traitorious sorceress. [i:2w6s3o17]You followed one of My priestesses for love. Knowing what the result would be. You knew that Sheyreiza would never return that love to you, yet you still followed her. Why?[/i:2w6s3o17] Her eyes challenged Inthara to answer.

"Because I love her more than life itself. Even though I knew that I could fail and would in time end up here, I love her too much to not follow her. She knows that she and she alone is My Heart. I will and have risked everything to be with her." Inthara's voice soft and trembling.

Lolth started to laugh. The sound echoing in the massive chamber. [i:2w6s3o17]You risked this because of Love[/i:2w6s3o17] She fills the word with a eternity of derision and disgust at the concept. [i:2w6s3o17]Yet you did it anyways. Let's see how long you can hold onto that 'love', Inthara Despana. Let's see how long you can last....[/i:2w6s3o17] Her laughter came again as Lolth concined Inthara to an eternity of torture and anguish. Inthara's scream ripped from her throat as the torture began.

In the Demonweb Pits, time has no meaning. What is years in our world means nothing there, where time is fluid and flows at the ruler of the realm's wishes. Forward or backwards. Days can pass in our world and decades, centuries or millenium pass there.

So it was in the far reaches of time that the Ilharess Sheyreiza Auvryndar finally came before Lolth to be judged. Her deeds in life weighed and passed. Nothing was left out as Lolth scoured her soul. At the end, the beautiful drowess was found to be worthy, as one of Lolth's more successful priestesses in life, she gains an honor in death. To be one of Lolth's yochlol, Handmaiden. Her form flickers from the melted candle tentacled horror to the spider shape, then to her once living form of flesh and blood.

As Sheyreiza was given her reward, Lolth smiled, [i:2w6s3o17]There is another gift for you, Sheyreiza. For your centuries of service I give you this...[/i:2w6s3o17] A wave of her ebony hand brought a small black fluttering thing into view. It was tiny. No larger than the width of open palm. Black wings, edged in gold and white. A butterfly. In the Demonweb Pits, this tiny thing of beauty and delicacy came to Lolth's call. [i:2w6s3o17]She has been waiting for you for centuries Sheyreiza and now it's time to reward you for the deeds you have done for me. Take her and use her as you will., for here, she, Inthara is yours.[/i:2w6s3o17]

The black butterfly flickered, it's form changing into that of a tiny drow woman with long snowy hair and large golden eyes. She lands lightly on her feet and walks to Sheyreiza on elegant feet. Inthara took Shey's hand in hers and kisses it. "Oh My Heart, you are here finally. I have waited for so long... so long...", tears slid from her eyes as she hugs the newly made Handmaiden.

Lolth waves Her hand, sending the two off together for a time to get reaquianted. A cruel smile curving her lips as they fade from view. She'd not been able to break Inthara's love of Sheyreiza, but She knew how to use it. For even though She hated and despised love of feelings and kindness, She could manipulate and use them to Her advantage. As it was in this case. She had focused the love that Inthara bore for Sheyreiza and in doing so, bound Inthara to Her for all time. Not even her traitorious Daughter, Eilistraee could win them free from Her now. So Her dark beautiful laughter echos thruout Her realm as the pure irony of it fills Her and amuses Her to no end.

In all of Lolth's realm, there was only darkness, fear and despair. But in a distant corner there was a tiny gleam that was something different. A soul glowing with love for a woman. For the first time in centuries, Sheyreiza was bathed in the forgiving warmth and joy of love. Inthara's love had grown stronger and deeper for her Heart, and for a time, Shey was able to forget the horrors that she'd committed and caused done, and just bask in the simple love that her oldest and only friend had for her. Forever now, they would never be seprated again. Inthara Despana had found her love again and was hers totally.
Last edited by Zakharra on Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rooky
Legend
Location: A spooky wood, with man-eating little giant space hampsters

Post by Rooky »

Wow. I haven't felt this sad ever since comrad Tito died.
:3
Xityar
Maid
Maid

Post by Xityar »

Feels great to think I spoke with her at a few occasions. Those were always [b:2wrw9lhp]good[/b:2wrw9lhp] moments. In an otherwise chaotic and lethal existance

:)
Zakharra
Maid
Maid

Post by Zakharra »

Bel'la dos. It hit me hard when she finally died. I love Inthara because to me, she is real. I cried for several days, including at work. In the end, I do not blame Vendrin or Ghennia. Both are good friends and the best I have online and in life. Especially Ghennia.
She was a joy to play in everyway. Her motto became, 'Without Hesitation, without regret' Once, when both she and Shey were in lonelywood and Eilistraeen, Shey told her that Inthara loved as it was meant to be and that her love was pure. To Inthara, Shey became her world and she never regreted it.
CrankyOzzie
Regular

Post by CrankyOzzie »

Pretty good, actually. It had a nice twist in the end. I give it 3.5 out of 5. Could have had more detail, I think. But a nice summation of "the End".

I understand how you would feel, to a degree. One of my Half-Elven characters on a server "sang" herself to death.
I quit smoking with Eilistraee! - Courtesy of http://www.sloganizer.net/en/
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

I really should read this, though I’m a little scared (and need to find the time to sit down and read without risk of interruptions). I read the story Ghenni posted of Inthara’s death and it made me feel really sad and a bit… lost I guess would be the word.

Knowing how I felt just reading about characters I don’t really know going through that I can only imagine how deeply it impacted you, who has formed a close bond with the characters.

I’m not sure if I’m happy or sad that I’ve never had roleplaying experiences with quite that emotional impact. (Not that I haven’t had my fair share of emotional moments.)

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Xityar
Maid
Maid

Post by Xityar »

[quote="Shir'le E. Illios":20b8v1ky]I really should read this, though I’m a little scared (and need to find the time to sit down and read without risk of interruptions). I read the story Ghenni posted of Inthara’s death and it made me feel really sad and a bit… lost I guess would be the word.

Knowing how I felt just reading about characters I don’t really know going through that I can only imagine how deeply it impacted you, who has formed a close bond with the characters.

I’m not sure if I’m happy or sad that I’ve never had roleplaying experiences with quite that emotional impact. (Not that I haven’t had my fair share of emotional moments.)

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le[/quote:20b8v1ky]

That's why we're Eilistraeeans and strive for better experiences ;)

*hugs Zakharra* Truth to be told, I'm not that surprised, I know aswell as anyone that world was a could and harsh one. Great story nonetheless, staying true to one's own self is a happy ending of sorts.
Qhell~Velladorn
Regular

Butterflys Finale

Post by Qhell~Velladorn »

[color=darkgreen:pzbn1j0d]That was a great conclusion, and I must say a sad, yet in the end, happy one. I've never experienced a true death of a character, although this one came close when I played him on paper. The only reason he lives on today os because the DM decided that he had served Eilistraee faithfully enough as a regular follower, then chosen, to be granted a new life as a half celestial doing her bidding for all eternity, if there is such a thing. I hope one day to get to have an RP with you m'lady, and if that day comes, I will show you the respect that you deserve.[/color:pzbn1j0d]
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

Post by Unen_Stealthfoot »

[color=darkred:232940h3]Wow, how depressing. :'( I thought Eilistraee was supposed to be the goddess of joy. :? [/color:232940h3]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Journey before destination
Mikayla
Maid
Maid

Post by Mikayla »

That was beautiful Zak.

The muder of Zak's PC, Inthara, by my PC, Sheyreiza, was a true high point in the life of my ALFA character, Sheyreiza - Lolth asked for that which was most important to Shey (other than Lolth) and Shey gave it willingly.

Of course, as we played it out, I, Mikayla, the person behind Shey, was crying my eyes out and begging Zak for forgiveness. I've never had such a hard time role-playing something through in my nearly 30 years of role-playing. While Shey was snarling with murderous intent, I was weeping in grief. It was simultaneously one of the best and worst days of my RPing life - one of the best because no role-play has ever moved me so much and I've never been so in-character, and the worst because I had to hurt a very good friend, Zak. Such is role-playing in ALFA.

Now, almost two years later, Shey still lives. She rose to become a Matron Mother in Ched Nasad...only to have the city fall during the Silence. She survived the fall, barely, but her house did not. And so she came to Menzoberranzan where she was eventually taken in as a high priestess in Qu'ellar Faen Tlabbar. She has not yet gone to Lolth, as in Zak's story above, but when she does, it will be interesting to see how the DM plays it out...considering that the DM is none other than Vendrin...