The Promenade: Shelter, Church, Home

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

veraka
Demigod

Re: The Promenade: Shelter, Church, Home

Post by veraka »

The looks that he got from everyone at that explanation, Iljrene's including, he knew he'd have to give another explanation just to calm some nerves. The aasimar let out a sigh and shook his head.

Veraka then turned towards his commander and had to smile a tad at part of Iljrene's reprimand; "I see that you have not met many dragons, Lady Iljrene, metallic or otherwise."

However, at the mention of a Fall, the paladin became stone-hard, his face expressionless; "Lady Iljrene, if Adian has spun tales about me in the many ways that I predict he has, then either he failed to mention some rather disturbing facts about me, or they were forgotten. Let me fill in some blanks for you, Iljrene; I have fallen many times, by the standards that we are using for my most recent incident here, except I have taken it to the next level and slaughtered the person in question. I am no saint in this armor, Lady Iljrene, rather, I bear a burden that seems to desire such blood-lust and seeks it out whenever my rage takes hold of me and I bear it willingly. A word to the wise, and to err on the side of caution; if you can sense my aura change, pull your Protectors back and do not get in my path, for I will not be able to distinguish friend from foe in that state. The Berserker does not care about good and evil, it only wants death, blood, and vengeance."
When Iljrene was finished, the huge paladin nodded; “then my support Adian shall have.”

No sooner had the two finished their conversation than the Mind Flayer had arrived. Veraka found the creature as repulsive as it was intriguing. The squid could control others simply through the mind. However, the aasimar was not about to let his guard down simply because of his curiosity.
At the squid’s comment about Adian, Veraka clenched his jaw, and stayed silent. He wasn’t about to give his little secret up just yet. However, what Veraka didn’t know was that the Berserker too, could think for itself.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Tarlyn
Regular

Post by Tarlyn »

Delsenora found Akor'ace in the hall. [color=purple:3ewqce5i]"I am no priestess, but would offer up my services to help. I was born on the surface so walking around is no problem. I am also good at remaining hidden walking around silently."[/color:3ewqce5i]
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

"Your opinion is noted," Adian said. "And I do not expect you to understand. I do expect that you will live up to your word to the best of your ability. I trust that Zyzaat will ensure that.

"Perhaps one day you pitiable creatures will understand what it is to live for someone else's sake and not just your own. Until you do we have little to discuss. Let's do this."

Privately he was terrified at the prospect of this creature touching his mind, but he knew that such a fear would only take Cinder farther away from him. They had to know where she was and how to reach her. So...
Barra
Maid
Maid

Post by Barra »

Barra and Shirida started to go to the temple of Eilistraee.

" I can't wait to see what the surface is like, I have herd stories of people actually being nice to each other and caring. In the city were i came from if you try being nice you would die, which is kinda why I am running. " he said. " I saw humans in chains and treated with such cruelty. "
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

"Oh boys," Shirida said, keeping her grip on the scout. "If you want to go to the temple, that isn't the way. Follow me. Carefully."

She pulled the dark elf back with her and seemed to step through the wall. When the boys looked they found that she had in fact stepped into a passage so narrow it was almost a crack that had been hidden by the angle of the wall. Shirida gestured to them to floow, pointing out the almost invisible tripwire halfway down the passage.

[i:3gkeo3i3]The beast is not tethered to the wall,[/i:3gkeo3i3] G'eldfryn signed to his companion. [i:3gkeo3i3]And its eyes are like...like those of a spider. I cannot tell if it is awake or asleep. It is very still...it appears to be waiting. If it is not bound it will be able to move along the entire length of the passage...but beyond the beast the tunnel narrows. It will not be able to follow if we get past it, I am fairly sure.[/i:3gkeo3i3]

[i:3gkeo3i3]The construction it rests amid is very old,[/i:3gkeo3i3] he added. [i:3gkeo3i3]But there are only traces of the creature's presence about. I don;t think it has been there long.[/i:3gkeo3i3]

Iljrene nodded in return to the paladin's promise. She joined him in her expression of disgust at the sight of the alien creature.

"Understand this, Illyithid," she said. "If Adian Novar's mind comes to harm by you, you will not live long enough to regret it."

"Your help will likely be needed," Akor'ace said. "People who can move about on the surface are valued highly here. Certainly your talents will be useful. Are you familiar with the followers of Bane or the streets of Waterdeep? Perhaps you might be best as part of the surface network...keep an eye out for Banites or their servants."
Rainbow Prism
Regular

Post by Rainbow Prism »

"[i:3uah765g]Excellent. [/i:3uah765g]" Palms rubbed together before continuing with cant. "[i:3uah765g]Before we consider suici... Dastardly brave sexy frontal approach, can you tell me how fast can you run? [/i:3uah765g]" Fingers changed meaning immediatelly just like one would still tongue from wrong word. All this time, bright fire was lit in eyes of careless adventuress, who for some reason looked excited and hyper active from news instead of discouraged.
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

[i:3g3ivsm4]Nice try,[/i:3g3ivsm4] G'eldfryn signaled, adding a slightly sarcasting twist of his wrist to his movements. [i:3g3ivsm4]I'm no more eager to charge that thing than you. I can run pretty quick. Parents tend to encourage the virtue of rapid retreat. I have a lot of practice in that.[/i:3g3ivsm4]
Rainbow Prism
Regular

Post by Rainbow Prism »

"[i:2d0kk55h]Retreat?[/i:2d0kk55h]" A surprised expression appeared on smiling face. Eo stopped sign code gestures for some time before quickly elaborating "[i:2d0kk55h] Funny you said that. I never had such thought. One way or another, we are going through. Not entirely charging, but I surely would not mind piercing the innards of beast. [/i:2d0kk55h]"
Coming closer, fingers touched shoulders under clothes of novice mage and lips burning in sight of heat sense came closer to pointy ears of male, whispering in purring undercommon.
"[color=#FF80BF:2d0kk55h]Prepare yourself, hot stuff. We are going in.[/color:2d0kk55h]"
Tarlyn
Regular

Post by Tarlyn »

[quote:24evg4x2]"Your help will likely be needed," Akor'ace said. "People who can move about on the surface are valued highly here. Certainly your talents will be useful. Are you familiar with the followers of Bane or the streets of Waterdeep? Perhaps you might be best as part of the surface network...keep an eye out for Banites or their servants."[/quote:24evg4x2]

[color=purple:24evg4x2]"I have a most excellent idea. Like I told you before, Father has a bakery in Waterdeep and Dark Elves run it. They are a network who work for whomever is in charge in Waterdeep. They take care of evil drow mostly. However, If I talk to Nalfein, I think he and his associates will help us in our endeavours, Akor'ace."[/color:24evg4x2]
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

"I shall take this to Lady Velardorn," she said. "I find it amazing that we did not know about you before. Please excuse me."

She hurried off towards the area Veladorn and her Protectors had gone.

G'eldfryn might have objected, insisted on finding another way around, but his brain suddenly ceased to function in any meaningful way. Looking slightly dizzy he nodded.

"Absolutely," he said. "Let's do this."
CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

Cinder was chained to the saddle and lead on horse back to the surface with guards at each side to an obsure port where a ship was waiting. Her grandfather lead the party of about 10 well armed drow on to the ship " bring her here " he shouted as he dismounted and a ship mate took his horse.
" You will bunk with me " he said to her, " dinner will be served at sun set when i will jion you in my cabin. "
He turned to his men barking orders. " Un chain her and take her to my cabin place two guards at the door and remain with her, and i do not what to hear any complaints from my granddaughter " he snapped at the guard.
Rainbow Prism
Regular

Post by Rainbow Prism »

"[color=#FF80BF:2xvyeyf3]Goody![/color:2xvyeyf3]" Whatever enticing tone that was in the whisper gone far into oblivion, changed by active joyful voice. "[color=#FF80BF:2xvyeyf3]Then, follow me. Wanna race?[/color:2xvyeyf3]" Giving a short laugh, Eowiewiel pulled away, creeping into direction of the creature. Only once she stopped, sword was put in between knees for hands to take out of backpack a rectangular piece of metal. It looked like small shield, in truth being a portable one. With few effortless motions, buckler was put on left hand securely, limb punching out to test it's grip. Equipped and prepared, she continued onward, trusting eyes and ears to determine distance.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

The mindflayer laughed, its tentacles swaying "You are the one to be pitied, chasing after a woman... I find it very amusing amongst the lesser species. At least that one is not prey to such folly." He nodded at Zyzaat, who shuffled his feet and didn't meet Adian's gaze. "Just get on with it, before I send you back, squiddly." The mind flayer turned around, livid, a hiss coming out from its mouth, tentacles stretched out to Zyzaat, who merely stood there, watching the creature seethe with rage.

With a quick huff of breath, the mindflayer turned back to Adian, "Come here, meat, I need to be able to touch you for this to work. I assume Zyzaat warned you about the pain?"
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Barra
Maid
Maid

Post by Barra »

Barra walked behind Shiridia with trying to block out his brother's annoying chatter, a tricky thought came to mind.
A big smile came on his face, he summoned a viper snake http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/summonNaturesAllyI.htm
" no biting " he commanded as he secretly placed it in her bag.
CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

Cinder lyed on the comfortable bed in the cabin nook where a large window over looked the sea as the ship was cast off into the sinking sun. She longed for Adian, as she looked over the smooth waves she reached out to him she could feel the edges of his troubled mind. She prayed to the dark maid to keep thier babies safe and Adain strong in the anguish she knew he felt. She tryed to reasure him that she remained unharmed for the time being at least she though.