The Promenade: Shelter, Church, Home

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Tarlyn
Regular

Re: The Promenade: Shelter, Church, Home

Post by Tarlyn »

[quote:2cua3hxi]"You have but to ask," Akor'ace said. She pointed to a smaller-sized building only a block away. "I believe that one will serve your needs. There will be a lunch served in about four hours from now. I shall see you then."[/quote:2cua3hxi]

[color=purple:2cua3hxi]"Thanks. See you in an hour."[/color:2cua3hxi] Delsenora walks off and heads for the small building. She heads inside and finding a spare room, steps inside and looks around. She knows she wouldn't need much of a room, and this one would do just fine. She kept all of her belongings in her bag thus all she needed was a bed. Satisfied, she exits the room and the building. Now she walks around, getting accustomed to her surroundings. She knew it would take her a few days but was confident she'd know this place very well after the few days. At the appointed hour, she heads for the meal. She was quite famished as a matter of fact and felt like pigging out.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

[quote:3ofe4cqy]" I know were she is " Suru said entering the warehouse[/quote:3ofe4cqy]

"What?!" exclaimed the huge aasimar, his surprised expression hidden beneath his helmet. To this he set the man down, surprisingly gently for a man whose inner rage was near uncontrollable at that moment.
"Lady Suru; just [b:3ofe4cqy]where[/b:3ofe4cqy] is your granddaughter?" Veraka asked Suru, his tone stern and unyielding as iron, and his gaze as equally strong.

[quote:3ofe4cqy]"So that's the way you knights get your way, is it?" one of the armred men demanded before the hapless prisoner could answer. "You're no better than we are. Except maybe they breed you with hill giants."[/quote:3ofe4cqy]

At this statement, Veraka slowly turned his head, his eyes flashing beneath his helmet, to regard the new man who decided he'd grow some balls and speak out against the paladin, and his brethren.
"No," the aasimar growled, his tone half-feral, half-ice, as he turned and strode over to the loud-mouth, towering over him like a hill giant would a normal human; "Knights don't kidnap unborn children and spirit them away from their home, with their mother in tow. Knights' do not steal a husband's wife away from him, and then leave him to pick up his emotions over his unborn children."
By this point, Veraka was shouting at the man, his voice surging with anger. "KNIGHTS' DO NOT DESTROY INNOCENT PEOPLES' LIVES FOR THEIR OWN PERSONAL GAAAIIIINNNNN!!!!!!!!"

The paladin grasped the man by his mail collar and hauled him to face him, eye to eye. Veraka pulled the man so close that he see Veraka's irises. "That's what brigands, and highwaymen, and thieves, and murderers, and rapists do. It's what ALL SCUM BAGS DO!!!"
Veraka then caught his breath, and continued undeterred; "if you had a wife, and she was pregnant with your twin children, do you honestly think you'd be doing this kind of deplorable work right under her nose, and if you do, WHY are you doing it now?!"
Last edited by veraka on Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

" I recognize the crests on this armor I was with my husband when he was killed by Cinder's father " she said.
" His father is a powerful weapons master i suspect that is who has her, he would be after Cinder and Adains children. " Suru peered into the guards eyes probing deeply.
Rainbow Prism
Regular

Post by Rainbow Prism »

[b:3hipygef] It is your fault, just so you know. [/b:3hipygef] Hand gestured from under the cape with quick sharp movements.
[b:3hipygef] Your inaccurate suggestions gave wrong impression to my daughter about how I keep my oath in free time. She is quite advanced for her age. [/b:3hipygef] Keeping attention to surrounding environment, Maid kept free hand close to belt.
[b:3hipygef] Usually I would just make up with her, but I have no time. Next day I depart. So I have to go all out with present today or risk continual chill next time I come here. [/b:3hipygef]
Abruptly, priestess stopped in front of intersection of caverns, three entrances branching out into darkness.
"[color=#FF80BF:3hipygef]I guess using coin now is useless, eh?[/color:3hipygef]" Scoffing under her breath, she regarded G'eldfryn with a sarcastic grin.
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

Shirida's job today was to scout out some of the lower caverns. Even though she was completely confident in her ability to go unnoticed, she nevertheless paid careful attention to her every step. In Undermountain not doings so could get you killed.

At lunch time the drow and other followers of the dark maiden had gathered in the temple again. Everyone was wearing work clothes and ate as though famished from a morning of hard work. Some priestesses were dressed in their robes and moved among them looking for injuries or a need for a gentle word of encouragement while the rest were led by one of the senior priestesses in an ongoing choir.

That was not to last, however. Qilue Veladorn, the tallest drow woman Delsenora had ever seen, walked out among the crowd and signalled for attention. Her face was serious and the weight of whatever news she was carrying seemed to show in her eyes. Everyone quieted quickly.

"And what of those who get hurt when you people go out on one of your crusades, bucket-head?" the man demanded, meeting Veraka's rage with his own. "Is there the slightest degree of concern for the people who get caught in the middle of your noble causes? The only differences between you or me is who we work for and how much we get paid!

"That's right, you self-righteous bastard," he spat. "Paid. We're in this for the money. Live long enough and you'll find out that money is the only thing anyone cares about."
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka was really starting to get angry with this son of a bitch, and death seemed like a more adequate solution to this living problem, in his eyes. The Berserker growled deep within, hungry for a vengeance that it had not tasted for a long time now. The paladin's aura shifted slightly as his inner demon started to work it's way up. However, the aasimar then felt a light hand touch his shoulder, not his armor, but his living flesh. The paladin turned his helmet to see who it was, only to find himself staring at a ghostly version of his angelic mother.

Sanisa had made herself ethereal, though all of the Dark Dancers in the room, Suru as well, could see her. She looked her son in the eyes, and shook her head, her flowing hair waving from side to side with her head.
"Mother," Veraka said, almost breathless.
Almost as fast as she came, Sanisa was gone, disappearing into the air, the only trace of her presence was a slight lift in the air, a reassuring calm that settled over everyone, including her son. The aasimar returned his attention to the idiot in his grasp, his soul calmed by his mother's intervention.
"No, money is never the only thing worth living for, probably the last thing worth living for. There law for a reason, and judgement for a reason; I am not here to take your life. But I will see it put before the law, and judged properly."
With that said, the aasimar unceremoniously dropped the man on his ass, and then gave him a good fist to the face to shut him into unconsciousness. After that, he turned to Iljrene.

"Bind them as best you can. They will face the judgement of Tyr, as is befitting them, and, Gods' willing, my mother's god, Torm, as well." His tone was that of a battle hardened commander, the stern, but soft paladin that Adian knew too well.

"Tell your surface contact, Pel, to find the City Watch and inform them that this lot has been conspiring with Lolthites in order to arrange kidnappings of mothers and their unborn children, who are to be sold into slavery once they are captured. That should get the attention of the local authorities soon enough. My fellow knights in Waterdeep are anything but yielding on such accounts."

With that said and done, as well as the loud mouth knocked out cold, the huge aasimar turned to Suru and said; "Lady Suru, you said you knew where your granddaughter was, I suggest we not dally here too long."
Last edited by veraka on Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Barra
Maid
Maid

Post by Barra »

Zahanzon, told Barra about the last spider indicating exactly were it was. Barra then throw his dagre straight into it, he grabbed his dagger and ran into the darkness his brother and the drowess following closley behind.
Soon after they ran came across a lone temple guard.
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

The two boys and the scout didn't even see Shirida until she was on them. She slipped out of the shadows so quietly that their guide didn't even notice the knife at her throat until it was well past too late. The drow woman froze as the slightly smaller girl clucked her tongue. The bat squeaked in surprise at her sudden appearance.

"Well, well," she said. "What have we here? A spider-kisser and two little tykes. What to make of this?"

The mercenary had a smug look on his face as he was dropped,

"You almost did it, didn't yo-"

WHUNK!

Out like a light.

Pel looked to Iljrene, who nodded. The youth dashed off for the Guard. Iljrene gave Veraka a look that he knew well. "Control yourself" she seemed to say without words. Fortunately she didn't dress him down in front of the others. Any chastisements would wait until later. With a few gestures she commanded the Protectors to secure the building. With a wave of her hand she called for the remainder to follow her.

"Search the building for anything that might indicate a portal," she said aloud. "And get Adian. I want him to look for anything, any trace of Cinder here. Maybe he'll find something. Sir Veraka, a word." She took a few steps aside, a serious look on her face.
Rainbow Prism
Regular

Post by Rainbow Prism »

"[color=#FF80BF:2vtadvnb]Oh, well. Screw that. [/color:2vtadvnb]"
Broad sword was in hand, coal black blade barely seen in complete darkness of caves.
"[color=#FF80BF:2vtadvnb]All of them go to city. All we need is pick and go.[/color:2vtadvnb]"
Eo did not say how choice may differ in dangers about to be encountered on their way. Some details are better left not mentioned.
Hilt spun,whirled by nimble motion, balancing on the blade tip until it lost equilibrium, falling down in direction of one of entrances. Without any warning, priestess ran into it, snatching her weapon.
CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

" His name is Sarnor Medri he is a arms master and he lives in Guallidurth. " Suru repied " If she is with him that is were they are. Adains link to her is strong enough to withstand any of there magic, i think it might be a good idea if he came " Suru insisted.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

"A weaponsmaster eh?" Zyzaat smiled, "I have always wanted to see how my recent undeath would measure up against one of their ilk." He clapped his hands eagerly very much like a child at play, judging by the gleam in his eyes.
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Barra
Maid
Maid

Post by Barra »

Barra said " please tell me your not joking and just do it. Oh but i dont now how to get to the temple can you take us? You can still kill her if you want thow."
" This is my brother Edonil and i'm Barra, the drowess your about to kill is our guard if you want her name dont ask me because I dont no she never told me . he said. " did you see a paladen wearing dragon arrmor he save my life and I want to thank him.
CinderSuru
Champion

Post by CinderSuru »

" We will be preparing to leave for Guallidurth Cinder you can rest in that room off the lounge, there is a comfortable bed in there but i will have to lock you in there. I will be right out here if you need anything, makeing preperations." He pointed to a door on the otherside of the room.

Cinder layed down on the soft bed she was very tired and her back was stressed. " Adain can you hear me? we are leaving for Guallidurth in a few hours. I dropped my pearl ring at the enterance of the portal " she said as she drifted off.
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

Shirida stared at the boys. Usually only her brothers engaged in that kind of banter.

"Well," Shirida said. "Looks like your charges don't care much for you...and what's this?" She looked at the amulet clamped around the drow woman's neck. "Ahhhh...you've met Veraka, haven't you? I think I'm getting the picture. What is your name?"

"V-Vharess," their guide said. "Just...a scout..."

"My brother's giant friend is back at the Promenade," she said. "I'm sure he'll be happy to see you. And I'm guessing the boys are in your charge? I doubt willingly."

Vharess began to sweat slightly.

G'eldfryn stopped, wary.

"What's wrong?" he asked quickly. "What's happened?"

He wished he had the senses of his youngest sister. Too much reading, not enough exploring.

Adian came in as soon as Pell left.

"They're going to some place called...Guallidurth," Adian said. "Soon. We have to find the portal. She dropped a pearl ring near it."

"That should stand out a bit. Spread out and find it," Iljrene ordered the Protectors. "Every room in every corner. Move."

Adian rushed to join the searchers, anxious to at last do something in this mad chase. The worry about Cinder and the twins furrowed his brow and made him impatient. But it was better than standing and doing [i:vr5gypss]nothing.[/i:vr5gypss]

He wanted to grab someone...Iljrene or Zyzaat...and demand how this could have happened. How she could have been taken so easily. But that would do no good and might stir up resentment. He tried to focus on the search, wiping his sweating forehead and brushing the fine headband he constantly wore.
Rainbow Prism
Regular

Post by Rainbow Prism »

After seconds of dash, Eo noticed that her man-servant was left behind. Silently cursing, she have life with sign and word to ball of dim light. Throwing it behind her, woman changed her speed to slow walk, making sure that hopefully the oafish guy could find it in absolute shroud of shadows. Weak flicker of light beckoned during it's floating, being an eye sore for sensitive eyes of elves even in distance of hundred of feet.
Narrowing ears to be ready to whatever appears ahead, favored soul stalked underground relying on nothing but natural agility.