The Promenade: Shelter, Church, Home

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Tarlyn
Regular

Re: The Promenade: Shelter, Church, Home

Post by Tarlyn »

Delsenora nods, satisfied. "Well met, then. And in the baths is perfect." When Ako'race removes Del's cloak, she steps back. [color=purple:1ltzjq7u]"Thanks, I'll take that. I can undress myself, however."[/color:1ltzjq7u] She is not upset or aggressive. She just appears to be comfortable tending to herself, like she is not used to be around others of her own sex, perhaps?

Delsenora removes her two scabbards, placing them in a bag at her hip. Then she places a handcrossbow in the same bag. Now she removes her strange armour, placing it in the bag as well. Then comes her boots, tunic and undergarments. These go in her bag as well. Now she stands naked. Very fit and athletic. She looks at Ako'race now. [color=purple:1ltzjq7u]"Lead the way"[/color:1ltzjq7u] She has her bag in her hand now.
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

Akor'ace led the new girl to the baths where the rest of the Promenade's population chatted, soaked, and washed for the day. She headed for a mixed group of males and females, including one that was very pregnant.

"This collection of misfits are my brothers and sisters," she said. "Everyone, meet our newest guest."

She introduced the group one at a time. None of them had any obvious resmeblance to one another, but one could never tell by appearances. Smiling G'eldfryn, lounging Maydiira, sky Alexyra, silent Suspavin, sly Shiridia, and the distracted Adian with his mate Cinder.

Six siblings? That had to be some kind of record.
Tarlyn
Regular

Post by Tarlyn »

Delsenora slips into the bath, sighing in content. She still grips her bag in her hand as she does. She nods to everyone as she is introduced, smiling. [color=purple:1ei3dmup]"Now that is more like it. I am Delsenora Hun'ana. Well met everyone. A bath is just what I needed."[/color:1ei3dmup] Spying the very pregnant drowess, she grows a softer expression. [color=purple:1ei3dmup]"Well, how long are you into your pregnancy? How are you doing with it? I am but curious, of course."[/color:1ei3dmup]
CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

" Well, I will hold you to that "Cinder wispered in Adains ear. Turning in his embrace she held his hand over her very round belly as his eldest sister introduced they family to the new drowess.
" Vendui and welcome Delsenora we are pleased to meet you. " Cinder said " I have only 2 or 3 weeks left before these two very playful elflings arrive. Every thing is going very well thank you Delsenora, we are blessed with good health and good company with our care " She replied.
Barra
Maid
Maid

Post by Barra »

Barra saw the last drowess suddenly disappear and told Zahanzon to tell Veraka where the invisable drowess is. As he leaned over trying to keep his sights on were she had vanished, Barra suddenly fell landing smack on his face. He was on his feet almost as soon as he landed, then ran and hid becuse he didn't want to draw unwanted attention, but then he rememberd his brother, he knew if he went back he would be caught.
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

Bats, of course, had very few ways to express messages beyond a few gestures and expressions. It's voice was simply too high to be heard without magical assistance. The bat merely flew to the ceiling above the crack that hid the invisible drowess and tried to make screeching noises the humans could hear.

The thu8mp of Barra's face on the stone floor of the tunnel was loud enough to get the attention of the two attackers. It would be a simple matter to track them down...except for the fuss that stupid bat was making.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

As soon as Veraka had shaken off the deafening side-effects of his wife's fireball, he got to his feet, and sheathed his huge greatsword into it's scabbard on his back. It was then that he heard a thump, that which attracted the attention of both him and his fey'ri wife, Neriah.

He turned his head only to find a small drow male laying face first in the hard ground; he was about to take a step towards the little drowling, when his wife spoke up; "Veraka, would you please go find that infernal bat, and shut it up; that screeching is soul-wrenching." The fey'ri clenched her teeth to emphasize her point. Shrugging his shoulders, the aasimar did as asked, and strode over to where the bat was making its ruckus and was about to swat it when he noticed something peculiar about where it was.

==============

While her husband was busy with that winged noise-maker, Neriah looked around to where she heard the thud of someone hitting the stone floor, but found nothing. The sorceress then palmed a simple copper coin, and cast her chosen spell, [i:18hcm0qg]Detect Chaos[/i:18hcm0qg], and scoured the area with her magically glowing eyes, looking tentatively for the one who'd she thought had fallen onto the floor.

==============

It was with his celestial granted vision, that he saw a dark aura within the wall. Rage swelling in him, he lunged forward, and to his surprise, found that the wall was nothing more than an illusion. His armored hand found something, flesh he thought, and grasped around it, and drug out the hiding female drowess, holding her firmly by the neck. Growling, the goliath hoisted the female off the ground, despite her attempts to free herself from his grasp.

"An agent of Lolth I know anywhere; your stench gives you away," he hissed as he began to summon divine energies into his free hand, powering up a [i:18hcm0qg]Holy Smite[/i:18hcm0qg] in his open palm, the holy energies glowing whiter and hotter as he charged it up. To one such as an agent of Lolth, Veraka knew it would be hard to find redemption, however, as a follower of the Father Dragon, he was required to offer amnesty and penance for those whom he captured. However, if she refused, and he knew, without a shadow of a doubt, his divine powers telling, then Veraka would end the females life in one explosion of holy energy to her face.
"I'm going to ask this once; do you value your life?" his teeth were barred, his visage terrifying, and his open-handed, palmed spell readied, just a few feet from her face, its radiant divine energies glowing.
Last edited by veraka on Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

The female struggled and kicked in Veraka's grip, gasping for air. She was flexible enough to actually be able to kick at the big man's elbow but she might as well have been kicking iron. Though the females were larger than the males, she looked like a tall child in the grip of the paladin. She nodded her head frantically: She did indeed value her life pretty much above anything else.
CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

Cinder dryed off, slipped a silk shft over her headI and took Adains arm as they walked to the dinning hall.
" Maybe Zyzzat will come to the surface with ljrene and I if he is not busy, if you will be busy at with your trainers all day " Cinder said hopefully.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

Zyzaat nodded and smiled, "I shall be very glad to accompany you up to the market. I even have a new spell I want to try out. And I promise this one won't explode." Unconsciously his hand went to rub his right eyebrow, he gave Adian and Cinder a wink and chuckled a little.
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
CinderSuru
Champion

Post by CinderSuru »

" Explosions, really Zyzzat, I would rather we don't have any undue attention. Moving throw the market without incident is difficult enough. " Cinder muttered reaching for an exotic fruit. " And just what kind of spell do you have up your sleeve now " Cinder sighed resting her head on Adians shoulder, nibbling on her fruit distracted by the trays of steaming mushroom loaves being brought in.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

The aasimar narrows his eyes, keeps his [i:1p0vubs2]Holy Smite[/i:1p0vubs2] contained within his palm, however, it's energies building.
"So, what's a priestess like you doing out here; assassination work? House brats run off and your task is to retrieve and exterminate them, hmm?!" The lack of an answer at first made him impatient, so drew her close enough so his irises glimmered through his helm's eye slits, through which his voice boomed from underneath.

"ANSWER ME!!" he roared deafeningly at her. When her gasps of air became more frantic, he lightened his grip on her, but just enough for the drowess to get a few gulps of air down her throat.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

"Well an explosion is a very common indicator of an erroneously cast spell. And I assure you it is more preferable to being tossed onto another plane of existance... or being turned into a rabbit... But this spell is simply designed to give the caster a few extra limbs. Mind you, they aren't good for fighting, since the average person isn't used to having six hands, however these hands are great for carrying groceries or other things of that nature."
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
CinderSuru
Champion

Post by CinderSuru »

Cinder suddenly burst into laughter almost choking on her fruit.

" We I could give you some practice coordinating them extra arms, I have quite a long list of items " she remarked.
" Is there any thing else you need Adain ? " Cinder asked waving over the young girl with the load of mushroom bread in her arms.
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

Adian's eyebrows raised at the description of the spell. Leave it to Zyzzat to create such an oddball enchantment.

"Ah...well..." He had to think for a moment. "There was a crystaline statuette I saw the last time...it rather resembled the Dark Maiden, though I doubt it was the intention of the maker. Use the coins on my third shelf for the purchase. I thought it would be a nice addition to the temple. It's not large but it's quite nice. Last I saw it was in the Artisans Paradise in the merchant district."

"Not...priestess...scout," she managed to say. "F-find them...bring them back...contract..."

She gasped for air, hating herself for collapsing so completely in the grip of the surfacer. But what could she do? She had no wish to face the judgement of Lolth...or her minions...any sooner than absolutely necessary. And her less-than-devout lip service would certainly turn her into...bad things she didn;t want to think about.

Except perhaps she was about to face exactly that fate if the eyes of the surfacer who had her was to be believed...