The Promenade: Shelter, Church, Home

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

veraka
Demigod

Re: The Promenade: Shelter, Church, Home

Post by veraka »

The aasimar growled and tightened his grip; "just a scout?" he hissed, yanking the drowess around. Veraka truly despised doing such acts, but sometimes, as he had learned as a barbarian, a heavy hand is the only hand that will make things go where they should. His palm containing his [i:2rx9zz05]Holy Smite[/i:2rx9zz05] was starting to radiate energy as it continued to charge, pooling more and more divine energy into the paladin's spell.

This next question would truly determine his next judgement on the drowess, whether she would live, or die here, by his hand. Veraka's eyes began to glow solid silver as he tapped into his celestial blooded nature, and called forth his truth seeing vision, just as he began to cast [i:2rx9zz05]Discern Lies[/i:2rx9zz05], as well as his trained ability to sense another person's motive.

"Now, if you value your life, and you're just a scout; do you wish for absolution, or do you wish to face your precious Spider Queen within the afterlife?" The huge paladin's voice gave off a deeper bass, and resonated with power from an other-worldly source. So Veraka let the drowess hang from his iron-grip, still facing her doom, just feet away in his glowing palm.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

It was hard to say which was the worse choice. The Spider-Queen's vengance on people who outright [i:1qef8h6i]left[/i:1qef8h6i] her was legendary, and as far as she knew the gods of the surfacers weren't much better. On the other hand if she died now she certainly [i:1qef8h6i]wasn't[/i:1qef8h6i] in any condition to face her.

"I...c-can't..."

What to do? How to answer? He'd know if she lied! She believed every word!

"What...is...'absolution'?" she said, going limp. There was simply no escaping his grip.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka, noting her life slowly ebbing from her, released some of his tension in his grip, allowing life-giving oxygen to flood her lungs once again; he focused rather instead, on holding her there, and not allowing her escape to become that easy.

His muscles relaxed, but only just; the paladin then spoke; his voice still thrumming with power, his armor still glowing, and his spell still charging. "Absolution, drow, is when the acting party aggressively seeks penance for their transgressions, and wishes to move away from their past altogether; it is you forsaking your past, your religion, and your evil altogether in order to get away from it, but actively seeking a new life for yourself. [b:37xbrqiu]It is you valuing your life[/b:37xbrqiu] as you've already told me you do."
"I've killed your Spider-bitch-Queen's minions before, and I can do it again. Even those pieces-of-shit yochlol's are but grease for my blades." The sudden surprise and fear in her eyes, told him exactly what he needed to know; "even the Handmaidens of Lolth have been destroyed by my hand; no, drowess, I am much stronger than you think." The aasimar was simply reinforcing his earlier statement and idea upon the weary drowess.

So, which is it?" the aasimar growled; "your past and your vile goddess, or your life?" His [i:37xbrqiu]Holy Smite[/i:37xbrqiu] was now starting to crackle, all of the energy built up starting to become unstable.
Last edited by veraka on Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

"LIFE!" she howled at last, caving in completely. "I WANT LIFE!" Her voice was a sort of high tenor, partly strangled by fear. She started kicking frantically again, certain that she was dead.

Nearby, the bat was once again at Neriah's side...mouth open and waiting for a treat.

Mercenary little prat...
CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

Cinder kissed Adain good bye after breakfast and went to their rooms to dress for the market, Wile Zyzzat waited at the door playing with the dog that lounged on the mat. She collected the money she would need and a basket to fill with the items she would purchase. She sat on a chair by the door and buckled her daggers to her ankles " lets go find Iljrene, Adain has made arrangments for her to come " she said taking their good friends arm as they left for an adventure to the surface.
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

Iljrene was was easy to find. She was generally the center of attention among the younger females, mostly because she behaved much like one herself. How old she really was remained unknown...she had the look and heart of a child. When she wasn't strapping on armor and picking up a weapon.

She accepted the invitation to shop with the sort of zeal one might expect. She didn't actually squeal but she was off and dressed in the casual summer dress she wore when she went up. She was already waiting in the temple for Cinder before the pregnant elf could arrive. Nearby stood another of the priestesses, ready to sing the song that would send them to the surface.
CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

Adain had taken Cinder to the market several time and showed her his favorite places. They spent many delightful hours through out her pregnancy admiring the arts and crafts of the surface shops.
She did not mind following Iljene as she headed streight for a stall were so many amazing dolls were carefully placed to catch the eyes of the passers by.
Cinder's eyes were captured by a moonelf doll she had to have for Tarath.
" This one I am sure any young female would treasure, what do you think Iljene? " Cinder asked as she took it down admiring it's long blue hair.
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

The smaller woman's eyes widened.

"I have got to get one for myself," she said, reaching out and running a finger over the hair of the doll. "Oh...and it's real."

In the Promenade, things moved forward. Breakfast and the first Charge of the day went by more or less uneventfully. Once done the inhabitants spread out to their various tasks. G'eldfryn sought out the newest "love" while the women went to the temple. Adian and Suspavin went to combat training, where the young paladin proceeded to get his backside handed to him.
CinderSuru
Champion

Post by CinderSuru »

" i was hoping to get this one for our daughter " Cinder said firmly seeing a familiar look come over Iljene . She quickly took out the money and paid for it holding it firmly to her breast.

High on a roof top a young spy looked down at the group of drow that entered the market. This will fetch me a enongh food to last the reat of the season he though and hurried of to find his master.
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

The shopkeeper took Cinder's money, sweating nervously. As would most people with drow in their shop. His expression became downright incredulous when Iljrene approached him with her best "helpless little girl" expression, asking him to pleeeease commission another doll like Cinder's. Just for her?

"Of...of course, miss," he said automatically as he nodded at her. "Not...not a problem at all. I know the maker personally...she likes...making them..."

He was babbling and he knew it. He shut his mouth with a snap as Iljrene giggled in eager anticipation.

Once outside Iljrene gave Cinder a mischivious grin.

"It's so nice to have merchants who will go so far for their customers."

Around them a handful of bodyguards for the pair...surface worshippers of the Dark Maiden...remained anonymous as they followed them about the market district. Unlike many of the drow belowground, Iljrene was perfectly accustomed to the bright sunlight so she didn't wince when they stepped outside the way Cinder knew Adian would have. She hummed a tune to herself, dancing a little bit down the street, the very personification of a fair maiden.

Except for the reaction of the crowds of people. People got out of her way fast, staring at her back skin and white hair...as they did when Cinder came into view. A pregnant drow was every bit as much of a spectacle as the carefree Iljrene.

One day they wouldn't be afraid. One day, when the drow came back to rejoin their kin under the sun.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

"THEN LIVE!!!" Veraka roared at the female drow in his grip. He balled his open hand into a fist, his palmed [i:bdcs3s7n]Holy Smite[/i:bdcs3s7n] blasting through the fissures between his fingers, lighting the cavern around them with holy light.

The paladin then reached down, and, still grasping the drowess by her neck, surprisingly fragile, moved his hand to remove his amulet that was around his neck. It was a symbol of his order, The Tempest Vanguards, though his symbol was of his god, the Platinum Dragon, Bahamut. Crafted of platinum and embedded with pieces of onyx and obsidian, the amulet radiated an aura that seemed to envelop both the huge paladin and the tiny drowess in his iron grip. He unfastened the amulet with his free hand, palmed it and raised the dragon amulet to the drowess.

"Put it on," his tone was commanding, and since she was in his grip, disobeying the paladin was not about to change her fortunes for the better.
When the drowess decided to bind the amulet to her neck, she would find that it would stay there, and would not come unbound from her neck, seemingly to become wielded to her flesh. The paladin then started; "my amulet is now bound to you, till death, should you choose that most unwise route for your life. It will become unbound when I, and I alone, give it the proper blessing. That will only happen when I see you again, and THAT situation, will only occur if you decide to do a deed for you atonement. You are to present yourself to the Dark Dancers of Eilistraee within the area of Skullport. I will find you there. If you truly wish to have that amulet to come off, then you will have to seek me out within the Promenade."

"Also, should you decide to commit an evil act, or go back to your veil ways of worship to Lolth, that amulet will smite you with all the power of the High Heavens that there is to summon. So I suggest rethinking your nature, drow, and making sure that you keep your hands clean, lest you decide to join your brethren in the afterlife," he waved his hand about to show her the charred bodies of her colleagues that once were alive.
The aasimar let her down, her feet touching the ground, and his mighty hand unwrapping itself from her neck. He turned, leaving her there, then stopped and turned his helmet so one of his silver eyes caught hers. "One last thing; a good way to show a start to your atonement would be to guide those younglings to the Promenade as well as yourself, should they fail to follow me and my wife."

With that, Veraka started off, giving the squeaking bat a morsel to nibble on, while he called out to Neriah and they both set out down the the cavern that led to the Skullport.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Rainbow Prism
Regular

Post by Rainbow Prism »

Taking care of washing her daughter, Eo gave a her a wink with playful pull of one hair strand. Taking moment to soak her face, she motioned to girl with her fingers, urging to hurry up.

Breakfast was taken. Soon, in dining hall, both women sat not far from food receiving lot, taking portion of freshly baked bread, some porridge and some rothe milk. Two of them took initiative, little one starving and going at gooey mess in plate and her parent munching on bread with little enthusiasm.
"[color=#FF80BF:3lkz0j32]I bet he is cheating his lover.[/color:3lkz0j32]" suddenly she proclaimed.
Ignoring how her girl snorted, Eo continued.
"[color=#FF80BF:3lkz0j32]Sigh, why all men are either occupied or humans? [/color:3lkz0j32]"
"[color=#800000:3lkz0j32]Mom?[/color:3lkz0j32]" squeaky voice asked. "[color=#800000:3lkz0j32]Can we go to sing after eating?[/color:3lkz0j32]"
Pouting her lips, Maid cringed "[color=#FF80BF:3lkz0j32]I am tone deaf.[/color:3lkz0j32]"
"[color=#800000:3lkz0j32]You are not![/color:3lkz0j32]"
"[color=#FF80BF:3lkz0j32]I am[/color:3lkz0j32]"
"[color=#800000:3lkz0j32]Are not![/color:3lkz0j32]"
Yelling and protesting, mother and daughter risen their little quarrel to be heard for everyone, some troubled or annoyed eaters looking at them and even trying to shush at them. Did not help.
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

"Ladies, please," G'eldfryn said smoothly, actually slipping partly between the two. "I'm sure that there is a calmer way to resolve your differences..." He was trying to think of a way to politely mention maturity and the futility of arguing with a child...even a precocious one. Not easy to do that and remain charming at the same time. "I've always found it advantageous to take a moment to breathe when I'm dealing with a difficult sibling."

Madiira sniffed loudly. G'eldfryn ignored her.

The drow scout didn't get to her feet until after the armored human and his...[i:jwcgu3zz]companion[/i:jwcgu3zz]...were out of hearing. She looked down at the amulet, afraid to even touch it, and tried to keep her hands from shaking. She was royally screwed. The bodies of her employers were a horrible warning of her own fate...she believed every word the giant had spoken.

She cursed a bit, but quickly became disgusted with her own trembling voice. She looked around. The two children had to be around here somewhere.

"Hello?" she said, sounding far too unsure for her taste. "I'm...I'm going to take you someplace...ah...away from your hunters. You heard me promise him, right? That I won;t harm you?"

She tried hard not to think about what might happen to her if she couldn't [i:jwcgu3zz]find[/i:jwcgu3zz] the little brats. She rather doubted that the amulet or the paladin's curse would notice the difference between abandoning her charge and simply not being able to find them...

Meanwhile the bat flew back to his masters...mouth open for more treats. After all he'd done good, right?
Rainbow Prism
Regular

Post by Rainbow Prism »

Two pairs of eyes, red and pink, turned with astonishment at intruding lover of many. Somehow, they looked very suprised by his appearance.
Stammering, eldest of two managed to get words out of her throat.
"[color=#FF80BF:2dkimecq]Uh... G'eldfryn? When did you...? [/color:2dkimecq]" Gaze shifting to Madiira, standing closely to him.
"[color=#800000:2dkimecq]Wow, mom. You are right. He is occupied.[/color:2dkimecq]" Naive child concluded by looking at each stranger with closer scrutiny.
"[color=#FF80BF:2dkimecq]Somehow, I do not think that's the thing, Fyr. [/color:2dkimecq]" Whispering on her ear, woman pinched it with some measure. Laughing to try to cover her surprise, she motioned to both of them.
"[color=#FF80BF:2dkimecq]Why, I never thought that even promise of two beautiful gals could not prevent you to take somebody else to meet me, hero. Do take a seat.[/color:2dkimecq]"
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

Madiira rolled her eyes and walked away with her full plate.

"Shoot him down gently, girls," she said.

"Don't listen to her," G'eldfryn said casually. "And I will be happy to join you, thank you."

He was smiling that confident smile again, his boyish face making less him smooth than he thought it did. He almost fumbled his fork as he settled down next to them, while the bystanders let out a sort of relieved sigh that the fighting had stopped.