The Promenade: Shelter, Church, Home

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Rainbow Prism
Regular

Re: The Promenade: Shelter, Church, Home

Post by Rainbow Prism »

Not seeing how hurt was ego of the famous heartbreaker, priestess was preoccupied with girl on whose ear her fingers were still clenched, to pain and frustration of young one.
"[color=#FF80BF:3v99ldec]Why, thank you, G'eldfryn. I am Eo and this troublesome brat is Fyrwin. Perhaps we will meet again. Over breakfast perhaps? Or maybe not.[/color:3v99ldec]" Stare hovered to sniffing girl. "[color=#FF80BF:3v99ldec]Not until I have some things done. If you will excuse me...[/color:3v99ldec]"
Dragging her away farther for their whispers to not be heard, she met teary gaze with a little softer expression.
"[color=#FF80BF:3v99ldec]You won today, girl. I shall not waste my breath to recite what I told you many times about your magic and instead propose a penalty later for this. Is that clear?[/color:3v99ldec]
"[color=#800000:3v99ldec]But I did not do much...[/color:3v99ldec]"
"[color=#FF80BF:3v99ldec]What exactly you wanted to throw after your little 'look at me' act? A good thought, but still dire action. Wash yourself before I think of way to spank you in way Lolth would blush from.[/color:3v99ldec]"
Making her point, she let go and went back to G'eldfryn, smiling as if she did not have her little discussion.
"[color=#FF80BF:3v99ldec]Well, do you have in mind how I can reward you for this debt of heroism?[/color:3v99ldec]"
Seeing with corner of her eye as someone appeared out of thin air, head turned to blink at stranger.
CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

Cinder moved her hands throw the water then pushed herself into the deeper water trying to floot.
" I would be glad to go with Ijrene " Cinder replied watching the comotion at the enterance of the baths.
Her nerves started to get a little unsettled by it, she was somewhat over sensitive these pasted few weeks, she took deep breaths to relax herself.
She washed with a sandlewood fragret she was so fond of that was also relaxing as Adain helped her wash her hair.
" Adian what is you plans for the day? Is there anything you need from the markets? " Cinder asked.
Last edited by CinderSuru on Wed May 30, 2012 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

G'eldfryn was about to say something he thought would be charming but was interrupted by the arrival of the stranger.

"Only your company," he said. "The company of a beautiful woman is the greatest honor a man can contemplate."

Much better, he thought.

His plans for the day? Adian winced. His teachers had promised him a royal thrashing because his attention had lapsed yesterday. [i:2xf8lyhe]A few potions of healing might be needed...[/i:2xf8lyhe]

No, not really. His teachers were as much healers as warriors.

"Perhaps a few more of those green surface plants for the pantry," he suggested.

Actually he would have preferred a few more blankets but he didn't want to make her work very hard. He could get those himself and carry them much more easily.
Tarlyn
Regular

Post by Tarlyn »

"So, what is this place? My brother seemed to think it was safe. Who are all these people?" asks the newcomer.
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

"The Promenade is a temple dedicated to the Dark Maiden," Akor'ace explained. "And the people here are all her followers. You are safer here than you would be surrounded by an army of warriors. This is a place of refuge and healing. Soon we shall be taking our first meal and the Charge right after. How did you come to be here? Gates and other forms of transportation are notoriously difficult in Undermountain."
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

The goliath's helmet rose as he let loose a howling battlecry and surged forward, greatsword trailing, right for the injured drow male in his sight. The armored juggernaut was on him in seconds; bringing the holy weapon around in the blink of an eye, the armored aasimar rammed the weapon, point-first, into the male's midsection. Sparks flew for the first hundredth of a second as the tip of the greatsword met the fine

Aphyon'arisa burst radiant silver along its blade, as it detected evil against the metal, and began to burn with super-heated holy energy, searing the insides of the drow male. The light given off from the blade slammed up against the globes of darkness, revealing their locations to the naked eye.
Veraka Orden roared as he lifted the impaled drow off the ground, his eyes glowing with holy fury.

The aasimar then heaved with all his might, and pulled the weapon out of the drow, and whirling around with speed that shouldn’t have been possible for one of his stature, brought Aphyon'arisa up and around, cleaving the male’s face in and ending his life right then and there.
Veraka spotted his next closest target, and charged, sword raised to strike.
======================

The fey'ri sorceress took note of the small bat that landed on her shoulder;

"And who are you, little winged one?" she gazed at the bat for a split second, her crimson eye looking over the creature with careful detail, until the paladin's sword lit up the entire area. "Seems like introductions will have to wait." With that said, she quickly reached into one of her preselected belt-pouches, and grabbed the premixed spell components, and palmed the ingredients. With her other hand she opened up another pouch and pulled out a small handful of dust; then, with her index finger and thumb, she grabbed a small droplet dispenser from her belt.

Then she spoke; "Mrannd'ssinss, kyorl doeb!!" With that, the fey'ri sorceress unfurled her wings with uncanny agility, tossed her first handful of components directly above her, though it was in a small\, compressed ball. She then uttered the words to her first spell, moved her first, free hand through the air in a series of magical patterns with precision timing; and then directed her free hand at the descending ball of bat guano and sulfur, which instantly transformed into a small glowing bead of hot energy, and sailed towards the globes of darkness. It sailed through the globes and impacted the wall closest to the aggressive drow. Then, shooting her second hand across the air in front of her, the fey'ri then opened her second hand's her last three fingers, letting the handful of dust go airborne, while simultaneously squirting miniscule droplets of water into the air with the dust.

She then switched her stance, reversing her momentum from left to right, waved her first hand in the correct patterns and, uttering the words to her second spell, let loose an [i:1pjgg2si]Ice Storm[/i:1pjgg2si] towards the globes of darkness. Hailstones went sailing though the globes to whatever was on the other side, among the targets were the drow that were her opponents. The hailstones started to impact whatever they hit, walls, stones, flesh and bone, etc.
However, it was the majority of the iceballs reached through the globes of darkness that the fey’ri’s first spell took effect. When the chunks of ice reached their appointed targets; the fey'ri detonated her [i:1pjgg2si]Delayed Blast Fireball[/i:1pjgg2si] right as her [i:1pjgg2si]Ice Storm[/i:1pjgg2si] reached the wall where it was located.

The explosion lit up the entire cave, while the concussion wave blasted the ice shards into tiny fragments, some of them sharp as razored edges. Neriah Orden smiled with her wicked lips as she watched the maelstrom of chaos and blood begin to unfold before her. Almost all of the [i:1pjgg2si]Ice Storm[/i:1pjgg2si] been converted into miniature shrapnel grenades from the concussion wave of her [i:1pjgg2si]Delayed Blast Fireball[/i:1pjgg2si]

============================

Veraka heard his wife’s warning, and had barely enough time to dive to the ground before the Fireball spell exploded. Razor shards of ice rained down upon him, pelting him in his armor, and [i:1pjgg2si]klinking[/i:1pjgg2si] his helmet with each piece of ice that thunked against him. Even in his armor, the aasimar felt the skin-numbing effects of ice being pressed against him, albeit small pieces. However, with his celestial blood, Veraka staved off the worst of the effects and concentrated on regaining all of his senses after the blast.
Last edited by veraka on Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

The explosion ended the encounter even as it had begun. When their vision cleared the drow were all down, bodies blistered and burned horribly. Nothing moved. The cave was as silent as a tomb save for the breathing of the victors...

Except for one. One of the female drow remained alive, hidden in a barely noticable crack in the wall and rendered invisible by her magic. There was no way she was going to try to confront this pair...all she could do was hide and pray to the Spider Queen that she could escape to report this disaster.
Rainbow Prism
Regular

Post by Rainbow Prism »

"[color=#FF80BF:1hjao6gj]Charming.[/color:1hjao6gj]"
More interested in a visitor, Eo had much less pleased reaction. Narrowing her eyes, she wondered if that newcomer was regular or some messenger with much greater purpose.
Shaking her head as if to throw off these thoughts, she turned back to hitter.
"[color=#FF80BF:1hjao6gj]Fabulous. If you wait a little, you will have good time with two women instead of one. What you say, G'eld?[/color:1hjao6gj]"
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

G'eldfryn grinned widely, perhaps reading a bit too much in that statement.

"I would be delighted beyond measure," he said extravigantly. "Such a thing is well worth waiting for."

He bowed again, grinning triumphantly.

Madiira rolled her eyes.

"A silver says he gets shot down with massive humiliation."

Her brother shrugged.

"No bet," he said. "It's a given."
Rainbow Prism
Regular

Post by Rainbow Prism »

"[color=#FF80BF:usk5i50y]Good. Dining hall, then? See you there soon.[/color:usk5i50y]"
Running off to get her child, she found her in a pool, soaking in silence. Appearing from behind, soft palm tapped on slender shoulder.
"[color=#FF80BF:usk5i50y]Well, got an a idea which book should I obtain for you? Or maybe you got guilt tormenting you so much that you think of gracious forfeit?[/color:usk5i50y]"
Looking back, round face was looking at mother with a pinch of malice.
"[color=#800000:usk5i50y]Are you going away again?[/color:usk5i50y]"
Giving a moment of silence, priestess bobbed her head.
"[color=#FF80BF:usk5i50y]Tomorrow. So you better take the penalty very seriously. Maybe that will help you use your talents without explosions and other surprises.[/color:usk5i50y]"
Noticing that girl started to sulk, she splashed some water on her face.
"[color=#FF80BF:usk5i50y]Oh come on. It isn't so bad. We shall work on it together. Come on, let me rub your back.[/color:usk5i50y]"
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

G'eldfryn returned to his bath looking rather smug.

"No way," Maydiira said.

He just grinned.

"She must be suffering from heat stroke then."

Adian busied himself with washing Cinder's hair. Since it was long and silky it needed a lot of attention. He hardly minded, though.
CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

Cinder enjoyed the morning baths with Adain she usually would not see him until dinner time, so they always tried to make the best of their time there together.
As he washed her hair she smoothed the soap over him." I wish you could come to the surface with us " she said " do you think your trainer could make an exception this one time it. " she asked with a slightly wounded look hoping to convince him.
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

"After what happened yesterday?" Adian said. "Not very likely."

While the injury had been healed, Adian still seemed to feel his head ringing...but he was fairly sure that was psychosomatic. His fretting over Cinder's condition had distracted him enough to get a solid crack in the head from a staff.

"But I'll find a way to make up for it," he said. "You'll see."
Tarlyn
Regular

Post by Tarlyn »

[quote="Adian Novar":13eo35ss]"The Promenade is a temple dedicated to the Dark Maiden," Akor'ace explained. "And the people here are all her followers. You are safer here than you would be surrounded by an army of warriors. This is a place of refuge and healing. Soon we shall be taking our first meal and the Charge right after. How did you come to be here? Gates and other forms of transportation are notoriously difficult in Undermountain."[/quote:13eo35ss]

[color=red:13eo35ss] Sorry, real life kicks butt sometimes, LOL![/color:13eo35ss]

Delsenora is not knowledgeable in the arcane or divine, but knows her brother and father are very talented and experienced spellcasters. [color=purple:13eo35ss]"Well, I do not know much about these sort of things, but I can tell you this. Both my father and brother have been spellcasters for many centuries. I think that if I am here, my brother Rizzin is
powerful enough to overpass these difficulties, or has found or knows a way around them? I really couldn't tell you, to be honest. I am just glad to be safe, honestly."[/color:13eo35ss]

She looks around, taking her new environment in. [color=purple:13eo35ss]"So, what do I call you? And I wouldn't mind relaxing. My home was under attack when he sent me here, you see. Only to protect me I guess. Anyways, would it be possible to have a hot bath and get something to eat? I can pay for it."[/color:13eo35ss]
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

"I am Akor'ace," she said. "And you have landed in the baths so the hot bath is easily granted. We will be eating soon afterward. Let me help you..."

She casually removed Delsenora's cloak for her. If allowed, she'd help her right out of everything the was carrying...and wearing.