The Promenade: Shelter, Church, Home

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Re: The Promenade: Shelter, Church, Home

Post by CinderSuru »

" I have mentioned that i knew where she was being taken but was ignored, i had hoped i would not have to go alone. Now Adain discribed where i had suspected they were. I will wait no more, you are welcome to jion me. " Suru replied simply.
Millek
Maid
Maid

Post by Millek »

The depths of Undermountain, Sariss had been there before, though as a prisoner... a toy for a mad, possibly even senile human wizard. The memory of that wizard brought bile up in his throat, and only caused further desire to see that wizard, that Halaster, run through on a roasting spit. Never before had any individual human earned so much of his spite, to stand out from the disdain he held for all humans. This time however, through the entrances of Waterdeep, the lizard explores familiar paths, no longer as prisoner, but as adventurer, and with a mission, however uncertain as how to carry it out, to have his revenge. The road to finding those answers however, would begin with exploring the lower levels, in places his former 'master' forbade. To Sariss, these places must either be beyond the wizard's control, or hold secrets to his undoing.

Moving through darkened tunnels, whilst maintaining a sort of dark cobalt coloration, to remain difficult to spot should the tunnel be suddenly illuminated, a vague impression of weariness enters his mind,weary that he is brooding over [b:w8sy2h4b]that[/b:w8sy2h4b] again. The distraction renews his awareness of the tunnels previously unexplored. With a pause on his trek, a hand is pressed to the stone floor, he quiet his mind, listening, drinking deeply of the air, feeling for vibrations. Nothing immediately dangerous felt, there existed only the faintest hint of scents to indicate some small evidence of civilization. Eyes narrowed, and more Lolthite Drow anticipated, still, guided by scent and eventually sounds, the hunting lizard, so camouflaged rushes ahead. Perhaps he could use an enemy of his enemy, to his advantage, but first a little scouting. In that place of habitation and safety, in the tunnels just without the dragon-blood lizard slows to a crawl, keeping low to the ground, keeping ready to retreat. He would not be anyone's slave again, if he had any say in it.
Character 1: Viletooth of the Poison Dusk Lizardfolk: Sariss
(Viletooh is a Black Dragon/Lizardfolk hybrid. Template is found in Dragon Magic handbook for D&D 3.5)
Character 2: Assassin Khajiit: Rahj
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

The mindflayer paused a moment, considering Suru's words. When it next spoke there was a certain undertone of eagerness in its "voice", "Very well. However, any sun-dwellers I encounter are mine to do with as I please... with the exception of the drow's female." It walked over to Suru and took her hand, "You may teleport us there."
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

" You are welcome to what ever you find in that musty old tavern as far as I am concerned ". She focused on her memory of the jungle tavren she knew well enough. " If I recall it is called The Old Bat, yes that is it, I think we should arrive just out side the place off to the right of the main enterance among a few trees, yes that soulds good to me " Suru said getting the image of the spot firmly in her mind blue lights were swirling around them, they found them selves among a few trees just as she had discribed in moments.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Andur'blough, as the mindflayer was known, put a hand on Suru's shoulder to keep her from rushing in. His mind went out, probing the interior of the tavern, checking to see who was inside.
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
CinderSuru
Champion

Post by CinderSuru »

Suru did not resist Andur'blough but was certainly more than ready to face Sarnor Medri who was responsible for the death of her late husband many years ago. She had not seen him in several years, she had heard that he had softed in his old age and was known to now appose his sister from time to time, who was most certainly behind Cinder's kid napping. Sarnor Medri had been a constant right hand to his Marton sister Veresi Buki from the begining of her placement as Matron, over 150 years ago. He was beginning to tire of her driven blood lust that could only be discribed as unhinged disturbia, so Suru had herd. She tried to comunicate all this to Andur throw a link she was trying to establish, her emotions were in a bit of a swirl at the moment but she did
her best as he survey the situaltion.
Last edited by CinderSuru on Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Millek
Maid
Maid

Post by Millek »

In silence of his approach, Sariss could spy the movements of patrols in the area. Drow indeed! They would be armed, he knew, and wary of attackers, or monsters. Working quick, and working silently, the ambush hunter sets about setting a trap spanning fine wire around stalagmites, and between them, rigging up a combination of ankle & chest height (for Drow anyway) lines along with a collection of tanglefoot bags, and alchemist fire vials. Nearly worthless items if the traps be disarmed and their components recovered, a mildly painful annoyance if they be tripped, and still not the only trick up his proverbial sleeves. Trap set, he slips off into cover, waiting for the next patrol to come near, then tosses a small rock out toward the opposite side of his little tripwire trap, hoping the patrolling Drow will charge in to investigate, and fall for his trap. Waiting then from cover, he awaits the cries of confusion and pain, and the brief flash of fiery glow from the alchemist fires, all the while readying his bow, and poison-tipped arrows, a mere paralysis poison though, wishing to capture, not kill.
Character 1: Viletooth of the Poison Dusk Lizardfolk: Sariss
(Viletooh is a Black Dragon/Lizardfolk hybrid. Template is found in Dragon Magic handbook for D&D 3.5)
Character 2: Assassin Khajiit: Rahj
CinderSuru
Champion

Post by CinderSuru »

Cinder felt her grandmother presants almost immediately, she looked around and saw her discretely enter the tavren with a mindflyer she seemed to know.

Cinders hands hastily reached for her dagger, one she ran across the belly of the guard placed behind her, the other went headlong across the table and into the goblin merchants throat severing his juggler. As the guard fell toward her she took hold of his sword and danced out of the way moving in a swirl of blood toward her grandmother. Sarnor stood up gasping as he watched his grandaughters swift graceful movements.
The old Crow bursted into chaos as the merchant's men attacted the drow in rage, just as Cinder hoped they would.
Suru eyes gazed across the room pobing Sarnor's, as their eyes locked she felt his divided emotions, she knew in that instant she has an unexpected alley
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Andur'blough's response to the sudden burst of motion wasn't as flashy, but even more effective. His pupil-less eyes were unemotional as he reached within the natural psionic energies in his mind, and he sent out burst after devastating burst of mental energy that was meant to stun any who got too close to him or Suru. Most of the people fell down, their eyes rolling back in their heads, mumbling incoherent babble, their minds scrambled. As the pile of unconscious bodies around him grew taller, Andur'blough raised his hands, and with that motion a doorway of psionic energy appeared just in front of him and Suru. Andur'blough's voice spoke softly in Suru's mind, and Cinder's, "This door will take you back to the Promenade. But hurry, I cannot hold it open long, it is difficult to get through the Promenade's defenses, even for psionics."

Zyeke
CinderSuru
Champion

Post by CinderSuru »

Cinder heard Andur'blough's voise clearly at the same moment a blade slised her arm open and she flinched in agony.
Suru dashed to her side and the were throw the portal and standing in the Promenade close to the rooms that her and Adain shared. But Adian was now where to be found, she called out to him in her mind but there was only silance and emptiness.
Soon a preistess and Suru were guiding her into their rooms were a fire had been lit by the bed, she was undressed and layed to rest by the warm fire.
So much pain in her arm and alot of blood lost, she felt the movemnts in her womb and worry over took her.
Suru quickly ripped the sheet and rapped her arm, feeling her forhead she indicated she had a fever and would need the help of a druid, that might have the proper herbs. Swet dripped down Cinders face and she could feel a chill coming over her and she started to shiver.
" I am afraid the blade that slised her arm could have been poisoned, this could be complecated since we we in the Spider swamp. "
Her hands moved over her body trying to detect any thing that would indacte what was causing Cinders sudden cold swets.