The Promenade: Shelter, Church, Home

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Post Reply
User avatar
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady
Posts: 1259
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:13 am
Location: Dublin CA

Re: The Promenade: Shelter, Church, Home

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron » Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:03 am

Zyzaat led Adian to a bench, and helped him down. He waved a hand, and a goblet of water appeared which he offered to his friend, "The mindflayer...changed your mind. He gave you the ability to do some of what he does. Concentrate on the memories of Cinder, and so long as she is on the same plane, you should be able to find where she is. With some practice, you might even be able to see from her eyes." He looked around suddenly, as if someone had called his name. He stepped back from Adian, and hurried down a passage that led to the living quarters of the Promenade.

As he walked, the wizard's fingers moved through the gestures of a sending spell intended for G'eldfryn, "[i:rauvi4v8]Glad to hear it, we will start tonight. I shall wait for you in your room. I have a few circles to draw up for the first lesson."[/i:rauvi4v8]
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke

User avatar
Adian Novar
Champion
Posts: 796
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:41 pm

Re: The Promenade: Shelter, Church, Home

Post by Adian Novar » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:03 pm

Adian seemed to be staring into empty space for several long moments. Finally...

"She's on the surface again," he said. "She's...south. Far south. Thick forest...strange cries all around...goblins."

"How far south?" Iljerene asked quickly. "And how can we catch up?"

Adian didn't answer, his mind elsewhere.

* * *

"Oh, great, I look forward to it...if I come back alive!" G'eldfryn shot back at Zyzaat, unaware he'd spoken aloud.

User avatar
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady
Posts: 1259
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:13 am
Location: Dublin CA

Re: The Promenade: Shelter, Church, Home

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:13 pm

Zyzaat paused at the nature of that message, "Alive? What do you mean? The Promenade is safe enough, surely nothing will harm you in it's confines. A weak attempt to get out of your studies before they even begin?" Zyzaat joked, sending the message across to G'eldfryn.
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke

User avatar
veraka
Demigod
Posts: 2217
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:20 am
Location: Colorado, USA
Contact:

Re: The Promenade: Shelter, Church, Home

Post by veraka » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:09 pm

Veraka quietly and a very deep reservation, watched as the mind-flayer did it's trick on Adian, followed by the young drow's wailing that made even Veraka grit his teeth in frustration. More than once Veraka had to suppress the urge to draw Marala Vharc and lop the Illithid's head off. However, the paladin knew that if the mind flayer tried ANYTHING suspicious, it'd have an angry party of Protectors to deal with as well as him and Iljrene.

It was when Adian stumbled backwards, dazed like he'd been hit by a shield bash hard enough to give him a concussion. The aasimar followed Zyzaat back to the bench where he'd set Adian down, and knelt beside the young drow paladin. "Adian, can you accurately picture Cinder?" Veraka put an armored glove on Adian's shoulder calm him.
He then turned to Iljrene, looking hopeful with glint of keen insight in his silvery eyes; "Commander, I have an idea, grab Adian; we will need him to use as a guide post. I will be outside the walls of Waterdeep if you wish to see my idea, bring everyone with you as well if you do come."

Without saying anything further, the huge juggernaut set off, exiting the building and heading towards the nearest gate that led outside of the city. Veraka sprinted with such force that more than once he had to divert his course, leaping aside or in some cases, over, the odd wondering citizens of Waterdeep. Many simply moved out of his way, if not for his size, then because he was gleaming in Platinum Dragon scaled armor. Many of the populace of Waterdeep knew of metallic dragons, though they never saw a human, or an aasimar for that, armored in a full suit of platinum scales. The paladin wove in and out of the heavy populace traffic with surprising speed, given his huge stature. Finally, after rounding several more corners, and keeping his movements pointed in one direction, Veraka arrived at the city gates.
A quick word with the City Guard, as well as the emblem emblazoned on his shield, allowed the aasimar quick passage through the gates and outside the city walls.

Veraka proceeded to move farther away from the city walls, his great strides taking him a meter each step. As soon as he was a good 500 meters from the city gates, the huge paladin grasped his holy symbol of Bahamut, inhaled a deep breath, and then let loose a roar unlike any he'd done before; for the sound that came forth from his lips was not any howl that a human was capable of, but that of a dragon. The dragon's roar went out into the air like a sonic boom, filling the air around Veraka with the sound so intense that it deafened him for a second. The bellow jumped and bounced off the hills and trees off in the horizon, and continued further, as if Veraka was calling something or someone.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix

User avatar
CinderSuru
Champion
Posts: 681
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:37 am
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Re: The Promenade: Shelter, Church, Home

Post by CinderSuru » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:50 am

Sanor raised his arm to halt the caravan behind him.
" Vendiu Mage Valgar " the old master armor said calmly
" Our master sends you his greetings Sanor Medri, as for our new supply of venum wine as you know the price has gone up, I trust you have the gems required for the trade. "
Sarnor directed his servent to take a wooden box to the mage to show him the contence.
The mage opened the box brough befor him to inspect the gems inside, looking satisfied he gave Cinders grandfather a nod " follow us we will take you to were the wine is being stored. ' the mage and his guards mounted there ponies and turned from the main road up a road that twised up a hill.
Cinder road on getting tired and hot, she felt Adian reaching out to her " My grandfather said something about a place called Spider Swamp, I think that is were we are, he is in the middle of some kinda trading opperation with a goblin mage named Valgar.

User avatar
Rainbow Prism
Regular
Posts: 344
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:08 am

Re: The Promenade: Shelter, Church, Home

Post by Rainbow Prism » Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:08 am

"[color=#FF80BF:1pw7nk8r]Stop mumbling and get to the safe place![/color:1pw7nk8r]"
Steel swished at the monster, drow leaping in front of monstrous figure. Shifting grip, hand thrusted into the opening toothy maw, blade aimed at the base of the mouth. Roaring, woman let go of her weapon only to draw new one, flinging one arrow after another into the depth of filthy darkness.

User avatar
Adian Novar
Champion
Posts: 796
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:41 pm

Re: The Promenade: Shelter, Church, Home

Post by Adian Novar » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:49 pm

G'eldfryn didn't need to be told twice. He raced for cover, ducking behind a rock...but could not bring himself to leave entirely. She was still out there...

He raised his hand and cast his last spell...a desperate last-ditch effort. Unpredictable, unbelievably dangerous if it went wrong...

The spell went off. There was an instant where the beast was screaming in pain as the arrows were shot into its palate. Its scream was choked off and it began to hack violently as something seemed to come boiling up out of its throat.

Clovers. What looked like a stream of clovers was appearing in the beast's throat. Buckets and bushels of them. The beast forgot its prey entirely, flailing randomly around and trying to breathe around the green plants.

She fired an arrow into that writing , heaving mass. The thing seemed to freeze for a moment. Shuddered violently. Collapsed. One of her arrows must have struck something vital.

* * *

[i:jmk1txoy]Nice shot,[/i:jmk1txoy] Maydiira complimented her brother.

Suspavin only nodded as he retreated, letting the pair have their moment. In the body of the beast, in a small crease of the thing's armor at the back of its neck, an arrow that wasn't Eo's was sunk to the feathers. There was little likelihood of finding it.

User avatar
Adian Novar
Champion
Posts: 796
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:41 pm

Re: The Promenade: Shelter, Church, Home

Post by Adian Novar » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:56 am

Iljrene grabbed the disoriented Adian.

"Let's go get your mate," she said. "Your friend is going out of his way to help you, but he can't do it if you don't get your head together.

Adian was still disoriented from the sense of being two places at once. Iljrene, however, gave him a directive. That was something he could respond to.

* * *

Adian and Iljrene arrived as Veraka was waiting for whatever it was he had called. He still looked dazed but the walk had helped clear his head.

"Spider Swamp," Adian said as they arrived. "She's someplace called Spider Swamp. Some place where the goblins are slaves to spiders."

Which didn't make any sense to him [i:4r1ak78u]at all[/i:4r1ak78u] but that was what he was getting. Even as he was trying to understand it, a large shape had appeared in the sky, glittering in the sun and getting rapidly closer.

User avatar
CinderSuru
Champion
Posts: 681
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:37 am
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Re: The Promenade: Shelter, Church, Home

Post by CinderSuru » Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:34 am

Cinder suddenly felt Adains heart glow she was not sure why but it was a pleasant distraction from the hauntingly dim tavern she was lead into. It was spacious and there was a mounted bore head with hudg tusk's on a wall, with a few human heads to keep it company. A musty smell came from open windows letting the jungle air move through heavily.
Her grandfather lead the way with the odd looking monk, who was now talking to what seemed a well to do merchant, the monk signaled Sarnor and he came to the table with two guards and sat at the table bellowing for a goblet of venom wine.
Cinder was lead to a chair next to her grandfather, she covered her head with a thick vail and wiped her forhead with the heam of her dress. She was cursing under her breath, her hands were itching to pull out her daggers.They were mistaken to look at her as a nonthreat because of her large belly.
She was finally getting her fill of being dragged around, her temper was going to surface at the wrong time and place if she could not maintain her composure. She took deep breaths as she listen to the drow and the gobblin snap at one another, the gobblin was fixed on getting his price.

User avatar
Barra
Traveler
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:52 pm

Re: The Promenade: Shelter, Church, Home

Post by Barra » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:10 pm

Barra noticed some interesting looking mushrooms growing, it reminded him that he has not eaten since he ran away from home 2 days ago. His brother had forgotten to bring the pack with the food.
Barra stopped to investigate the mushrooms and soon fell behind, funding himself distacted by his emptiness in his stomic.
He quickly picked a few deciding he would let his brother test them, he ran to catch up and slipped one to Edonil " here try this " he said.

User avatar
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady
Posts: 1259
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:13 am
Location: Dublin CA

Re: The Promenade: Shelter, Church, Home

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:36 am

The mindflayer's voice quietly whispered in Adian's mind, "Focus, see through her eyes. Then Zyzaat will be able to open a gate to her, and your mind can be at ease. It is starting to disturb me." The creature walked through the walls of the city, his form blurred and ethereal, "I think our time grows scarce to save this woman of yours, and I wish to be done with this."
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke

User avatar
Rainbow Prism
Regular
Posts: 344
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:08 am

Re: The Promenade: Shelter, Church, Home

Post by Rainbow Prism » Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:15 pm

"[color=#FF80BF:254nmp4b]Alright![/color:254nmp4b]"
Lifting bowhand in air triumphantly, female repeatedly kicked the already still corpse of the predator.
"[color=#FF80BF:254nmp4b]I am so awesome! There is no bigger happiness than this.[/color:254nmp4b]"
Gloating loudly, Eowiewiel pointed down at the mouth filled with clover leaves.
"[color=#FF80BF:254nmp4b]Manservant! Retrieve my sword![/color:254nmp4b]"

User avatar
veraka
Demigod
Posts: 2217
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:20 am
Location: Colorado, USA
Contact:

Re: The Promenade: Shelter, Church, Home

Post by veraka » Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:47 am

Veraka looked over his shoulder to notice Iljrene and Adian both come moving towards him. The aasimar had a smirk on his face when the two arrived, though Adian, by his demeanor, would be less likely to comprehend it.
"Commander, where are the rest of the Protectors?" Veraka asked Iljrene with concern in his voice. It was then that a familiar sun elf, to Veraka at least, came sprinting from out of the wood work. Despite having seem to have run a fair distance, the elven male was not even breathless when he reached Veraka, Iljrene, and Adian. What would surprise Adian and Iljrene is that he didn't react with any hostility, even going as far as to smile at the two drow.

"Greetings, Knight-Commander. Had I known you would've summoned a draconic ally, I would have simply accompanied you and Lady Neriah to the Promenade myself." The sun elf spoke, his tone quite deep, especially for an elf. If either of the drow were attentive, they'd notice his eyes were solid pools of molten gold.

"I believe you at that, Lord Jormungander, however, I had not anticipated this outburst in the events that I was expecting while I was present with my lady wife within the walls of the Promenade," the aasimar halted his words for a split second, noticing the huge glittering object started to appear to be a huge dragon, even from the distance that it still was; "I believe that my call is about to be answered."

Jormungander looked up and his expression became one of utter surprise; "Veraka, you are about to speak to one of the greatest wyrms to roam the skies of Faerun. I advise you to keep your words polite, and gracious. The Guardian Wyrm approaches."

Jormung couldn't have spoken more truth in those words. Within minutes, gargantuan sized silver dragon landed a couple of meters from where Veraka and Jormungander stood. The silver was a colossus of silvery scales that put the sheen in Veraka's platinum armor to shame. The mighty wyrm, which towered well above 22 meters in height alone, looked upon the four that were arrayed before him. It was Veraka that his solid silver eyes seemed to lock onto.

"So, what have we here?" it spoke in a deeper tone than Jormung, however, with a hint of wryness in his voice that almost sounded almost impish; "a goliath of a human, two drow, one dazed by unknown effects, and poly-morphed gold. Most intriguing. So tell me, shiny one; what is your purpose in calling me out here to visit lovely Waterdeep?"

Veraka went to one knee, almost out of reflex, and spoke; "Lord Silverwing, I would ask a boon from you or your consort, to aid my friend, Adian Novar," he indicated Adian with a small gesture of an armored hand; "a paladin of the Dark Maiden, to rescue his love and unborn twin children from some vile clutches I dare not speak of."

Deszeldaryndun Silverwing, commonly called the Kindly Dragon by those along the Sword Coast, boomed with laughter; "young fledgling, you need not bend the knee to me; I am but a guardian, much like yourself. And if it is my consort you'd seek, why not ask her thyself?"
When the words had but left Silverwing's lips, a small, but lithe human female stepped out from behind his right front claw, and gazed at Veraka. The female couldn't have been a few inches taller than Iljrene, but there was something distinct about her that Veraka caught onto almost right away. However, it was Jormung that voiced the aasimar's unspoken suspicions. Jormungander took several steps back from where Veraka, Adian, and Iljrene were, then whirled his slender hands around his entire frame, sending magic swirling around himself. A burst of light later, an ancient gold dragon stood where the sun elf had been. The gold dragon dipped its whiskered head in a gracious bow before the slender human female.

"A pleasure to see you, Valamaradace."

Veraka almost went slack-jaw at Jormung.
Silverwing gave a light chuckle before speaking up; "now would be the proper time to bend thy knee, Knight-Commander Veraka."

The aasimar did as instructed; "My Lady Valamaradace; I would ask you a favor, your grace."

The human female arched a slender brow, but spoke in a soft tone; " what would you ask of me, young paladin."
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix

User avatar
CinderSuru
Champion
Posts: 681
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:37 am
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Re: The Promenade: Shelter, Church, Home

Post by CinderSuru » Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:10 am

" I know were she is " Suru repled to the mindflyer " I have known this drow a long time i know his haunts.
Have you ever hurd of Spider Swamp ? " she asked.

User avatar
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady
Posts: 1259
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:13 am
Location: Dublin CA

Re: The Promenade: Shelter, Church, Home

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron » Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:23 pm

The mindflayer turned its head slightly, "No, I have not. Our people have little need for the knowledge of those we acquire from the surface." Its voice spoke in Suru's mind, "If you know of this place, why have you not gone there already? From what I gleaned from the male's mind his female is your kin, is she not?"
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke

Post Reply