The Promenade: Shelter, Church, Home

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Rainbow Prism
Regular

Re: The Promenade: Shelter, Church, Home

Post by Rainbow Prism »

Taking initiative of answering question, woman breathed out with exhaustion.
"[color=#FF80BF:2yl41j22]We lived in here long enough to call it home. However, I rarely stay here for long. Just for some fun time. Charge simply does not give me impression of importance. Especially after each day after day. [/color:2yl41j22]"
Resting her chin on palm and supporting it, she let pink irises wander about curves of their guest under garment.
"[color=#FF80BF:2yl41j22]And young lady here suddenly stopped being cute. Enough about us, though. Even if our house is put farther than usual, how happens I did not notice you before, male?[/color:2yl41j22]"
Peering stares watched, expecting to hear something.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

The huge paladin turned his head towards Galvin, and gave him a solemn stare, but then nodded his head and answered; "I served Eilistraee back when I was a young lad, barely 19, 20 years of age. I had just completed my training as a paladin under the guidance of the Church of Tyr; however, after . . . . an incident, a mission that I was sent on, went afoul."

Neriah put a reassuring hand on her husband's hand, squeezing gently; "you don't have to say anything, you know?"

The aasimar looked at his wife, and smiled lightly. "The lad asked a fair question, besides, it's been a long time." Veraka then turned his attention back to Galvin, and continued; "the long and short of it is that after the task I was assigned to fell short of completion, and I realized just what sort of justice I dispensed that day, I went on, forsaking my oaths and service to Tyr that day. Killing 319 people in a Berserker rage does little to quell a wayward soul, and after that, I didn't see myself as one of Tyr's own."

The aasimar took a deep breath in and let it out slowly; "I discovered the Dark Maiden on my way down to Lith My'athar, after helping out a surface company of priestesses fight off a marauding band of bandits. After conversing with their leader for a while, she decided to give me the oaths that would give my blade and my service over to the Dark Maiden. So from there up until about 6 years ago, I fought in her name, going as far as to face off with a Yochlol and defeat the damnable piece of filth. All of that in order to save the residents of a small house of Dark Dancers that were there in the city."
The look on Galvin's face hinted to Veraka that he was disbelieving the paladin and his tale; "let me put it to you this way, my friend; I have. . . a talent that is uniquely suited for hunting down demons and any other evil entity that gets in my way, or threatens my friends."

He continued to walk with Neriah at his side, following Galvin; "to answer your unspoken question, Galvin, I moved away from the service of the Dark Maiden to now where I serve the Platinum Dragon as a Divine Crusader in his service. My celestial blood grants me a certain penchant for the power of storms. As a Divine Crusader in service to Bahamut, I can fully grasp all of those spells and abilities that are tied to that spell domain. Also, the Father Dragon told me through several, dreams I guess you could say. After that I simply moved away from the Dark Maiden, however, I wouldn't go as far as to say that I have forsaken her, more like I have simply found a meaningful existence and that she was the guiding mother that helped me find it."

The couple continued to follow Galvin towards the temple, Veraka and Neriah both responding in kind to each of the greetings that were bestowed their way by passing drow. Veraka however, found it hard to look straight ahead when even his wife, Neriah, was a good half a head taller than most of the drow in the room. To his gigantic stature, even the tallest females looked like adolescent humans in their beginning teenage years. He found it very difficult to walk a straight path while watching his step. However, the paladin didn't have to, it seemed, for almost everyone that was in the path of him and Neriah moved almost immediately.

"I suppose many of the Promenade are not used to seeing an aasimar of my stature, ehh?" Veraka asked their guide as they continued towards the temple, Neriah occasionally putting a slender hand on the walls, and admiring the smooth, contouring textures to it.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

Zyzaat noticed the sudden increase in the number of weapons in their immediate area. He quickly caught up to the two women, and wrapped his arms around their shoulders, "So ladies, which of you would like to share a drink with a strapping young archmagi, who has coin aplenty to add to your already formidable charms?" As he spoke Zyzaat pressed a small adamantine shield to each of their chests, right below their necks. The shields crumbled to dust as his spell took effect, and for a moment it both Cinder and Iljrene turned a bit more transparent. "I've cast an ironguard on you, look around, we seem to be in a rather rough and tumble area." He whispered under his breath, "My spell will protect you from any metal that strikes you... but if they have a club, you will have to defend yourself."
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

Cinder looked around " I guess i have been a bit distracted, so many beautiful things can you help me find the shop Adain mentioned, Artisans Paradise in the merchant district " Cinder started in the direction Iljrene pointed. Suddenly two pairs of hands came out at her one gagged her mouth and they lifted her into a cart pulled by a pony that was wiped into a gallop.
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

G'delfryn shrugged his shoulder with an exaggerated "who knows" gesture.

"Well, I can certainly help with the 'fun times'," he said, wincing a little at being called 'male'. That was the sort of thing one heard in the Drow cities below, where males were expendable. "Perhaps until now we have simply not crossed baths...paths! Paths." He smiled charmingly to try to wave away his mistake. This was usually where it started to fall apart for him, when his intentions kept slipping out of his mouth before he could stop them. "I study magic off and on with a few different teachers in the south end of the residential area. Perhaps that is how I missed such a lovely woman. I have no excuse otherwise for not noticing you before."

"Forgive my impertinence," Galvin said, looking a little pale at the violence in Veraka's tale. What bothered him was that Veraka seemed more than capable of repeating his hundreds-slain feat. "I have found such contentment in serving the Lady that I had difficulty understanding how one could move on from her. It does not surprise me to hear that she aided you on your path, though. It is what she does for all of us...especially those who need it most.

"And no, we have very few of your size and might here," he added. "Only Lady Veladorn comes close to your stature here. And there she is."

The woman in question was astonishingly tall for a drow: She stood at six feet tall with thick silvery hair extending down to her ankles, and was easily discernible among the other priestesses surrounding her. There was a great deal of chatter, with Veladorn participating as a sort of "honored equal". The heads of more formal religious orders tended to remain aloof from the people they led, but Lady Veladorn was not that kind of woman at all.

She glanced up, violet eyes widening slightly at the sight of the aasimar. A moment later she smiled and stood, walking towards them with the natural grace of a lifelong dancer.

"Welcome," she said in a rich voice. "Adian has told me so much about the pair of you that I feel as though I know you. You do our little temple great honor, Veraka, son of Sanisa. And you as well Lady Neriah."

She reached out and touched their hands as though they had been friends for years...and she had a way about her that made one feel that way.

"Hold that thing down!" someone hissed in elven. "Gag her, now!"

Cinder was wrestling in the back of a speeding cart with two elves much bigger than she, and getting bounced and rattled around for good measure. Their bronze hands kept a tight grip on the girl while yet another forced a gag into her mouth. No spells would be cast now. Their gold and blond hair flew in the wind as they raced away from the Market District.

Iljrene, of course, did not hesitate in the slightest. She was off in hot pursuit, vaulting, ducking, or otherwise weaving around whatever obstacles lay in her path. Her own bodyguards were hard-pressed to keep up.
Tarlyn
Regular

Post by Tarlyn »

[quote="Adian Novar":3tl8teag]Akor'ace shrugged.

"Coin is accepted, yes," she said. "But we prefer things that will serve the will of the Lady. A new song honoring her, potions or healing supplies, something to give to her temple or perhaps some deed that needs to be done. We take what you are willing to give.

"As it is, we have food both surface and Underdark, bandages, clothing and blankets donated from the surface folk who support us, and gear that adventurers of one kind or another have left with us. This way, please."

She led the way to a side room away from the main temple. Some people had finished their breakfasts and were gathering for the first Charge of the day. The side room proved to be something of a storehouse. The variety inside was rather similar to a general store, without an impatient merchant standbing by waiting for you to buy something.[/quote:3tl8teag]

Delsenora looks around with a practiced eye, actually admiring objects from the underdark more than the ones from the surface. Akor'ace will definitely notice it. After looking around, Del speaks [color=purple:3tl8teag]"I've never seen anything from the underdark, to be honest. These items are nice. Is there a bigger market around here? I am a picky shopper and like to shop around before I decide what I wish to buy, Akor'ace."[/color:3tl8teag]
CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

The cart disappeared from sight and Cinder soon found herself in a warehouse of some kind her hands by now were bond and her mouth gagged.
She was brought before two sun elf mages. " We know who you are your grandfather was once an acquantance, and we also know your other drow grandfather who would pay greatly for you, so you will be coming with us. "
They payed the elves that brought her and disappeared through a portal. Cinder was helpless
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Shocked as he was, Veraka noticed that Neriah was even more taken aback by Qilue's actions. Mostly because of her nature, but still getting used to the fact that many whom she came into contact with would treat her as such, especially with her husband of choice being what he was. Her first move was more to pull away from Veladorn's soft fingers, however, Veraka stayed attached, even grasping Lady Veladorn's outstretched palm with his free hand. So, Neriah overcame her inbred action to pull away and graciously accepted the High Priestess's hand, even giving a small bow to her in thanks.

"I thank you for your hospitality, Lady Veladorn," Neriah spoke first, lowering her eyes and giving a formal bow to Qilue. While she was comfortable with Veraka and his friends, few and far between as they were, she barely knew Qilue Veladorn, let alone had trouble not retracting her hand from the High Priestess's touch out of long-learned habit.
"I'm honestly surprised you know of me, despite my, outwardly appearance." Fey'ri were one of the lesser known races of elves out in Faerun, but one of the more distinct races as well. Twin bat-like wings, rust-crimson colored tiny scales that made up her skin, and a demonic pointed tail did little to help travelers and newcomers of her good intentions.

Veraka went to one knee, and bowed his head to Veladorn. "A great pleasure it is to meet you in person, Lady Veladorn. It is good to finally be able to set foot inside the Promenade after so long a time out and about."
At the mention of his mother, the huge aasimar rose to his full height and looked at Lady Veladorn, his silver orbs radiating curiosity; "I take it then that our young paladin has been telling tall tales of me and my mother?" Veraka left the question up in the air for Qilue to decide to answer if she so wished. Veraka knew one thing; he owed that small paladin friend of his a good fight in the arena, should the two ever get the chance to spar, and Veraka intended to make sure that would happen.

While the aasimar had little use for formalities, his station as Knight-Commander dictated that he at least show the proper courtesy to the High Priestess of the Dark Maiden for allowing him and his wife entry into the Promenade. "However, I'm afraid that this visit wasn't one for pleasure and leisure. I come with news from Cormanthor, specifically from the bands of Dark Dancers that are gathered out there within Cormanthor Forest. Particularly the groups of Dancers that have been taken in by my [i:2aoimknd]Vanguards[/i:2aoimknd] and are currently recuperating from wounds sustained in battle at our fortress in the Storm Horns."
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

"My ability to recognize you was no special power of mine, Lady, Neriah," Qilue said with a slight arch in her eyebrow. "Merely a matter of deduction. There is little doubt who your man was, so it was reasonable to conclude that you were his bride. The Promenade has missed you, Veraka. There have been a few changes since you left. If there is time then I should like you to see them.

"And yes, Adian has told quite a tale of his first adventures on the surface. I cannot tell express my gratitude for your guidance and protection. He has learned a great deal from you and the others of your band. He perhaps exaggerated a bit in regards to size, but then he is rather small. Your deeds and those of your mother were quite prominent. He mentioned his destroying the cursed crystal as though it were a mere afterthought."

Her smile faded a bit as business came to the fore.

"The Charge can do without me this day, Veraka," she said. "Let us go aside and discuss this darkness that has arisen in Cormanthor.

Akor'ace looked amused.

"This is the sole 'market'" she said. "So feel free to shop around for anything you need. We can work out the details later.

"Are your kin all right?" she asked as she stepped aside. "Your house in danger of falling is of some concern."

The sun elves frowned.

"You are letting this...[i:1spnoofl]thing[/i:1spnoofl] live?" they demanded. "We were led to believe that we were to remove this stain from the city."
Rainbow Prism
Regular

Post by Rainbow Prism »

Smile curved lips of priestess and hot temperature blush flared on cheeks of her daughter.
"[color=#FF80BF:2fbijnfr]Maybe later. Not in front of my only child.[/color:2fbijnfr]"
"[color=#800000:2fbijnfr]I... I think I will be going. Umm, I've got... To see a friend. Yes, he is waiting for me.[/color:2fbijnfr]" Forgetting about the food, girl swiftly went out of the room before she could be stopped.
Burning stare was drilling into young man's skull. There was no hint of mirth on Eowiewiel's face.
"[color=#FF80BF:2fbijnfr]What in Abyss is wrong with you? I thought there was decency of some kind to wait for right moment. [/color:2fbijnfr]
Tarlyn
Regular

Post by Tarlyn »

[quote:386p4xji]Akor'ace looked amused.

"This is the sole 'market'" she said. "So feel free to shop around for anything you need. We can work out the details later.

"Are your kin all right?" she asked as she stepped aside. "Your house in danger of falling is of some concern."
[/quote:386p4xji]

Del stops and looks with curiosity at Akor'ace. [color=purple:386p4xji]"Um, I am actually from the surface. Berdusk to be precise. My [i:386p4xji][u:386p4xji][b:386p4xji]"House"[/i:386p4xji][/u:386p4xji][/b:386p4xji] in danger is why I am here. My father, mother and four brothers can take care of themselves. All I know is that the Black Network is after my father because he belongs to some organization that pissed off the Zhents. I am here because they fear for my safety. Our original house is in Ched Nessad and I have no knowledge of them as I was born in Berdusk.

My father built a temple of Lathander there and we seven live there. There are also some other good aligned drow who live with us so I am not worried too much. Anyways seeing as there is only this "market" is there more to see around here?"[/color:386p4xji]
CinderSuru
Champion

Post by CinderSuru »

Cinder appeared with the two mages on the other side of the portal and she was lead down a dark corridor.
Her mind reached out for Adain and she found that there link was still intacted. " Adain " she shouted.
" Adain ... help me. "
She tryed to reach out for Zyzzat " Zyzzat can you hear me? "

Cinder was determined to stay calm her unborn children depended on it.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Neriah crossed her arms at her husband and cleared her throat in a calm, but firm manner, getting Veraka's attention.
"As much as I would love to sit by and chat with you and Lady Veladorn, my husband, I am weary from our trip down here, and would like rest. If that is not asking for too much, I would like a room, Veraka. If not, then you could always carry me in those mighty arms of yours while you and Lady Veladorn talk." Her lips formed a small smile as she liked the idea of Veraka doing such a thing, in front of all of the Dark Dancers.

Without hesitating for a second thought, the huge aasimar turned to his wife, went down, and scooped her up into his huge arms; "better?" he asked, more out of fun than curiosity.

"Indeed," Neriah spoke, then kissed him on the lips for a second and then retracted her face from his.

"Lady Veladorn; while I make use of my arms to carry my wife and our unborn children around, would there, be a place where we could find room and board for the duration of our stay?"
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

G'eldfryn did a classic facepalm, sliding his hand down to his chin in an attempt to wipe away the rising heat.

"Ah...any time is a best time," he said lamely, trying pathetically to recover some dignity. "Maybe she's shy."

Maydiira watched from her position a few seats away with a rather smug-looking smirk.

"And the idiot not only gets shot down, he can't figure out why," she said. "One day his delusions are going to cost him big."

"But at the moment he provides entertainment," Shirida said. "I have a job to do in the eastern galleries. See you."

The slender girl left the crowd early with a wave...swatting G'eldfryn in the back of the head as she passed.

"She beat me to it again," Maydiira said.

Akor'ace looked a bit startled. She had to readjust her perspective a bit in light of this new information.

"I'm sorry," she said. "Your accent led me to think...well you know what they say about assumptions, as they say in common. I was not aware that there were kin who chose to serve the Morninglord, or of a population in Berdusk. We shall have to contact them at some point soon.

"This is the single largest storeroom," she continued. "And the one with the most variety. The others are smaller and mostly contain food, basic supplies, and more of what you see here. As for other places of interest, I will be happy to take you on a...what is the word...tour."

Adian and Elkantar were sparring today, and the young paladin was learning quickly that even what he had learned from his surface adventure was only the beginning of real combat skill. He was in mid-step with an aggressive parry when Cinder's message came through...panicked and frantic. He missed a step and got the flat of a sword in the face for his error.

"What happened?" Elkantar demanded. "What made you lose focus?"

Adian took his hand away from the small cut across his nose. It was bleeding noticably but his alarm sent the pain away quickly.

"Cinder," he said. "Something's happening to her." He looked up at his teacher, fighting the panic that was going inside him. "We have to get to the surface."

She looked amused at the pair of them while others stared, looking startled. A male carrying a female? Who was not injured? A few of the older ones looked outright scandalized but they kept their objections to themselves: Some things were harder to let go than others.

"Please follow me," Qilue said, completely unruffled. "I have just the place for you, I think."

She led the way out of the temple and through the tunnels into the residential cavern. Numerous buildings of stone, ancient homes restored for use, rested in organized blocks throughout the great cave. Less than a third of them were still in need of repair..a noticeable improvement from the last time Veraka had been here. She led the pair to one of the larger, freshly restored structures. It was a two-story building presumably meant for a large family. Veraka had to duck a bit to get in, but inside the ceilings let him stand more or less comfortably.

Qilue led the way upstairs to a large bedroom where a bed frame made of...something that had been organic and was now hard and neatly carved. Veladorn got several thick blankets from a closet and lay them out for Neriah to rest on...adding pillows under her feet to raise them slightly.
CinderSuru
Champion

Post by CinderSuru »

Cinder was lead to what looked like the lounge of a Military Academy.
She was seated one of two large armed chairs at a stone table.
The two armed drow that escorted her stood guard at the door after taking the gag from her mouth.
A large well built drow came in the room dressed in elaborate armor, his long thick white hair hung loss he carried himself with an authority that was well seasoned. He sat on the chair across from Cinder " Vendui Cinderanna, finally I meet my young granddaughter. "